• EA SPORTS at E3 2012

E3 2012 takes place June 5-7 and will feature news regarding NCAA Football 13. (E3 is the world's premier trade show for computer and video games and related products.) The Electronic Arts press conference will take place at 3 PM CT Monday, June 4 and will be broadcasted on Spike TV as well as streamed online.

"NCAA thought they’d jump the gun a little bit and give you a taste of what they’re bringing to the table a week early. In addition to revealing their Heisman Playbook on Wednesday May 29th, they’re also hosting a Heisman Webcast the same day. There may also be another big announcement in the works that we’re not at liberty to discuss yet...but if we were you we would probably be checking the site regularly for some big NCAA news." Courtesy: EA SPORTS

We will keep you updated with any NCAA Football 13 news announced or revealed during E3 here at The Gaming Tailgate and also on our social networks: Twitter - Facebook - Google+. Make sure to follow us for all breaking news and info.

The Gaming Tailgate will also be providing E3 coverage and info in our Other Video Games sub-forum.

Continue on to learn more about you can expect from other EA SPORTS titles at E3.

Madden NFL Football

Madden is finishing out their Audio Playbook reveal this week before they come out with guns blazing next week at E3. But that will change once it hits 2PM PST on June 4th. Madden will be revealing three more Playbooks, Gameplay Part 2, Connected Careers and Madden Social. We’ll have videos, producer interviews and blogs from the dev team to fill you in on everything you need to know, but also be on the lookout for our Madden Playbook Webcast at 3PM PST. We’ll bring you Madden updates from the show floor all week as well provide in-depth coverage of the Playbooks.

FIFA

FIFA’s going to be throwing some teasers your way this week so check the site to get a sneak peek. If you want to get a good look at what FIFA 13 is shaping up to look like we recommend you check back here on June 4th as well. On June 6th they’re doing a special FUTcast with John Rutter, and at noon on June 7th you can catch up on FIFA PC news with a Webcast. And don’t forget your regularly scheduled FIFA podcast on Friday.

NHL

E3 shmee3 says NHL. The finals of the NHL Cover Vote start Tuesday May 29th with the last two players battling it out for your vote. True Performance Skating and Hockey IQ are going to the topics to talk about, with coverage between now and the end of the next week including interviews with the dev teams, blogs, videos and live coverage from the E3 showroom floor.

NBA LIVE

While this game is pretty hush hush on our end, we can tell you it will be at E3 and a few of our top community members are going to get first crack at seeing it. Check back at noon on Tuesday June 5th for their first impressions.

We’ll also be streaming the EA SPORTS press conference at 1PM on June 4th so you can get all the big news first. Keep checking here for updated schedules.
    Comments 204 Comments
      Deuce -
      Damn...that is a major blunder on EA's part.
      ryby6969 -
      I honestly do not know if I will buy NCAA this year now. Unbelievable!
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      This wasn't an EA Sports presser, rather an EA in general. NCAA never gets any stage time.
      well, that doesnt say much about its popularity or over all sales...or it says too much...not thaaat popular.

yet still, this is pointless without more NCA news though
      psuexv -
      It's really not that surprising.
      TIMB0B -
      No RTP for NCAA, as far as this article states...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...s-heisman-mode
      NCAA is holding off on using Madden's new Infinity Engine until next year, which means this superior football franchise needs to use itself to its advantage if it wants to keep its edge sharp as ever.
      Could IGN be wrong?
      woakley66 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      It's really not that surprising.
      Not surprised that its not in, just disappointed
      ryby6969 -
      Surprising No, stupid yes.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      well, that doesnt say much about its popularity or over all sales...or it says too much...not thaaat popular.

yet still, this is pointless without more NCA news though
      What it says is that it's a niche market. All of the non-sports games are Global, FIFA is a Global game, NFL is gaining much more interest outside of the US. College football is strictly an American sport not really followed by the rest of the world.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
      No RTP for NCAA, as far as this article states...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...s-heisman-mode

Could IGN be wrong?
      With as big of a feature as Infinity would be in EA's eyes, if it was in NCAA, we would have heard about it by now. I'd say the chances of it being in NCAA this year are zero.
      Rudy -
      NO INFINITY ENGINE FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 13! Cancelling my pre-order now.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/0...EYuLps.twitter
      ram29jackson -
      not surprising at all..while you guys know i'm not a hater about EA games, I still believe they milk things out year to year so that they push the infinity stuff for next years NCAA sales...the QB trajectories may be a little different..but the rest of the gameplay will still look and feel the same...stick figure-like-ish
      Little Steve -
      This so ***.
      WolverineJay -
      Yep very disappointed that the RTP Infinity engine is a no go in NCAA 13. I guess being Madden's little brother rears its ugly head once again. I can't help but think how amazing NCAA 14 will be with the Infinity engine and overhauled OL/DL play and Sp. teams play. I am still getting NCAA 13, but I'm feeling a little shafted at the moment EA Tiburon.
      beartide06 -
      I am not surprised either. In the "raw" game play videos there was no evidence whatsoever of this new physics engine at all. I do not think they would. or could have just hid that in the raw game play vids. I hope NCAA's big announcement is something worth while.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      What it says is that it's a niche market. All of the non-sports games are Global, FIFA is a Global game, NFL is gaining much more interest outside of the US. College football is strictly an American sport not really followed by the rest of the world.
      that doesnt make it niche..what makes it niche is its over all American sales-period..ie,comparing it to Madden or other American football games...theres no point in comparing it to games popular elsewhere
      ryby6969 -
      So it is starting to sound like we got Heisman mode instead of RTP?
      Little Steve -
      So....when's madden come out???
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      that doesnt make it niche..what makes it niche is its over all American sales-period..ie,comparing it to Madden or other American football games...theres no point in comparing it to games popular elsewhere
      Actually that makes it completely niche. It still sells games globally but the niche market is the American market.
      coogrfan -
      As others have said disappointing but not really surprising. Anybody who has played these games for 10+ years has gotten used to Madden getting the cool stuff first.
      Treadstone6700 -
      I think i'm just more upset about what an absolute slap in the face, kick in the balls move this is to the NCAA fans.I was understanding of a physics engine not being in when I thought it would just take too much development time, now I know it can be developed they just didn't give it to NCAA. WTF?