Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2012 - Schedule & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

E3 2012 - Schedule & Discussion

* Microsoft, Nintendo, and EA press conferences will be broadcasted on Spike TV *

Spike TV and GameTrailers TV are the best resource for E3 coverage.

Schedule (all times Eastern):

Friday, June 1

Spoiler: show
    1:00-1:30AM

GTTV kicks off E3 a few days early again this year, featuring many world exclusive trailers, reveals, and game announcements that you simply can't miss.

Monday, June 4
    11:30-Noon

E3 All Access Live kickoff with exclusive trailers and demos. (Stream)

Noon-12:30

E3 All Access Live Xbox Entertainment Evolved pre-show. (Spike TV/Stream)

12:30-2:00PM

Xbox Entertainment Evolved Commercial-Free (Spike TV/Stream)

2:00-4:00PM

E3 All-Access Live with exclusive game demos and interviews, EA 2012 preview. (Spike TV/Stream)

4:00-5:00PM

The Download: EA 2012 Preview Commercial-Free (Spike TV/Stream)

5:00-5:30PM

E3 All-Access Live continues with more exclusive demos, trailers, and interviews. (Spike TV/Stream)

5:30-6:00PM

E3 All-Access Live Ubisoft press conference preview and more exclusive demos, trailers, and interviews. (Stream)

6:00-7:15PM

Ubisoft Press Briefing (Stream)

7:15-9:00PM

E3 All Access Live continues with Ubisoft analysis, a Sony preview, and more exclusive demos and interviews. (Stream)

9:00-10:00PM

Sony Press Briefing (Stream)

10:00-11:00PM

E3 All Access Live prime time with Sony analysis, game announcements, and our biggest exclusive demos and trailers. (Spike TV/Stream)

Tuesday, June 5

11:30-Noon

E3 All Access Live with Nintendo preview and more exclusive demos and trailers. (Spike TV, Stream)

Noon-1:00PM

Nintendo All Access Presentation at E3 2012 Commercial-Free (Spike TV, Stream)

1:00-4:00PM

E3 All Access Live finishes off E3 2012 on Spike TV with Nintendo analysis, the first interview with Reggie Fils-Aime, and even more exclusive demos, trailers, and interviews.

4:00-6:00PM

E3 All Access Live continues online and finishes off E3 2012 with one last massive rush of exclusive demos and interviews.

June 5-7

Exhaustive, around-the-clock coverage continues on GameTrailers.com and SideMission.com with nightly episodes of Invisible Walls, multiple episodes of our popular First Take segments, the hottest breaking news, and hundreds of new trailers, walkthroughs, interviews, and gameplay edits posted each day.

June 15

GameTrailers Best of E3 2012 Awards

The GameTrailers editorial staff picks nominees and winners in dozens of categories for the best and brightest of E3 2012.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 05-31-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Three years ago, I was in a position where I could legitimately watch all the E3 coverage and call it work-related. I miss that job ... but only for this week. The rest of that job was ... lacking in productivity.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Damn, why couldn't they have put Nintendo on Thursday? I'm sitting in studio and on air from 8am to 2pm next Thursday (and with other stuff to do afterward, probably won't even get home from work until probably 6pm or 7pm), watching anything E3 is pretty much completely out for me unless I manage to keep the stream going on the studio computer and watch it when not on air.

One good thing will be that I'll be the only one pretty much in the entire building as everyone else will be out at the park for the community event that our station is putting on, so I could probably get away with having the webstream going the entire time. Only issue would be if it would impact the Clear Channel network and servers too much, which would probably piss off our IT guy up in Toledo and result in a phone call or email from him if he was able to determine exactly where the slow down was coming from and who was causing it, which he would be able to.

I was at E3 2 years ago (or was it 3). It was the year Nintendo showed off the 3DS for the 1st time. I remember the Lakers were playing the Celtics for the NBA championship at that time too. I remember playing Dance Central and getting a look at Rock Band 3 behind closed doors. Oh, and I remember looking at X-Com behind closed doors too. Its funny that it still hasn't come out yet. Back then, I rembember saying that X-Com was just BioShock above ground. Apparently the developers thought so too and redid everything. The surprise game of the show for me was Ghost Trick on the DS. I ended up eventually getting the iPhone version. Anyway, E3 is awesome if you ever get a chance to go.

...and G4 has now officially turned into Spike TV and Spike TV has turned more into G4.

Friday's GTTV had trailers for:

Star Wars 1313 - TBA
    Guardians of Middle-Earth - TBA
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 2013
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - 2013
    Dishonored - October 9, 2012
    Tomb Raider - March 5, 2013

Just watched GTTV, and DAMN Dishonored and Tomb Raider look AMAZING. Definitely check the trailers out later today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

I've always been a HUGE Tomb Raider fan. I played and beat the 1st 3. Never played the Dreamcast or the PS2 games but I own and beat Legends and Anniversary (still need to get Underworld or whatever its called). Its definitely my most anticipated game of 2013.

Ars Technica is going to use this page for their live blog during EA's pre-E3 Press Conference. Since I can't get to practically any gaming news sites from work, but I can get to Ars Technica ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

NBA Broadband coming to XBOX

Xbox is truly the new sports home. NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter, and live 24/7 ESPN programming in HD (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU) via "WatchESPN". All in addition to MLB.tv and UCF on Xbox both already active on Live.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Xbox is truly the new sports home. NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter, and live 24/7 ESPN programming in HD (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU) via "WatchESPN". All in addition to MLB.tv and UCF on Xbox both already active on Live.
    All that's missing is NFL. Unfortunately Time Warner and M$ have yet to come to an agreement, so I can't watch ESPN on my XBOX yet

As for game previews, I'm looking forward to Halo 4.

I have to be honest, Kinect on FIFA looks damn interesting, being able to make substitutions and change formations on the fly without pausing the game, as well as the game recognizing how you react if you get called for offside or a foul or something (get hit with a yellow card for cursing at the game perhaps? ) by having your player in game react aggressive or upset/hostile and such depending on your reaction.

Madden, I'm not convinced about Kinect in that. Took a second or two delay for the game to even recognize the commands Joe Montana gave it.

Also, would they please kill that damn Fable: The Journey game. That thing looked like a pile of shit at E3 LAST year, and then they come back with yet another shitty looking trailer for it this year. The game got ripped to hell last year, just trash it already and go back to a normal Fable game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    All that's missing is NFL. Unfortunately Time Warner and M$ have yet to come to an agreement, so I can't watch ESPN on my XBOX yet
    I was able to somehow get ESPN validated on my Xbox last summer when they had a site go live (apparently by accident) for a day or two for TWC customers. Got my code from it, got full access, and still have full access to this day. Somebody realized there was a fuck up because that website was dead and redirected you back to the "Sorry, we're working hard, blah, blah, blah" website within 24 hours.

Xbox SmartGlass, not sure about this. Looks interesting, but seems very niche.

In a related announcement to SmartGlass/Kinect, Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox Live this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Xbox SmartGlass, not sure about this. Looks interesting, but seems very niche.

In a related announcement to SmartGlass/Kinect, Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox Live this year.
    There IS such a thing as too much information.

Also, it took THIS long for Internet Exploder to get on the 360?

Man, Tomb Raider looks BADASS.

I bet Sony does something similar to Smart Glass, either with a tablet or possibly with the Vita. Not necessarily this year but if it's successful in top tier titles (ala Madden), then they would almost have to. As well, generally EA Sports doesn't want to develop features that will only be accessible on one console, that is unless MS paid them a chunk of change to do so.

All that said, I pretty much predicted the Madden scenario last year during the WiiU unveil... it's basically a "free" WiiU controller that you don't have to purchase from MS.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    There IS such a thing as too much information.

Also, it took THIS long for Internet Exploder to get on the 360?
    Yep. My question is, how is IE going to be usable for those without SmartGlass or Kinect? Will you be able to plug in a USB keyboard alongside your controller?

Second, unless Microsoft is saving the unveil of the nextgen Xbox console for the very end of this presser, it's beginning to look like winter 2013 will be the absolute earliest we'd see a new Xbox console, probably not until 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I bet Sony does something similar to Smart Glass, either with a tablet or possibly with the Vita. Not necessarily this year but if it's successful in top tier titles (ala Madden), then they would almost have to. As well, generally EA Sports doesn't want to develop features that will only be accessible on one console, that is unless MS paid them a chunk of change to do so.

All that said, I pretty much predicted the Madden scenario last year during the WiiU unveil... it's basically a "free" WiiU controller that you don't have to purchase from MS.
    Someone on the arstechnica live blog made a comment about the WiiU/360 comparison.

Comment: "Tablet/smartphone integration means xbox360 will have all the cool functionality of WiiU. Chekmate!"