• NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

The release of NCAA Football 12 is here! It's been a long wait, but now everyone can experience the changes and improvements first-hand. We want to hear your thoughts and feedback about the game. Use this thread to post your game impressions and thoughts.

Also, make sure to post your wish list and feedback ideas here, while posting bugs and glitches in the thread linked here.

UPDATE - If you have experienced an issue with Custom Playbooks, please read this thread and share your details.
    Comments 1445 Comments
      AustinWolv -
      Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
      Austin are you running with UM?
      For my offline dynasty, yes.

I've got WMU in the TGT 360 OD as the OC, and then I have North Texas as the HC in the TGT 360 Coach Mode OD. Michigan is my alma mater for both ODs (as well as real life).

I'll also add in that for the past couple versions that getting Centers is kind of a pain too.
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      For my offline dynasty, yes.

I've got WMU in the TGT 360 OD as the OC, and then I have North Texas as the HC in the TGT 360 Coach Mode OD. Michigan is my alma mater for both ODs (as well as real life).

I'll also add in that for the past couple versions that getting Centers is kind of a pain too.
      Can always make a OT a Center. Did you tear it up with Denard? Did you house rule anything? I had to throw gator heavy out right away.

How is your recruiting going with UM?
      AustinWolv -
      Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
      Can always make a OT a Center. Did you tear it up with Denard? Did you house rule anything? I had to throw gator heavy out right away.
      Yeah, I've typically had to move OL around to get the best on the field, since the game loves to slot some scrub in at a position just because he is listed at the position.
      I play sim and play on Heisman, so I don't really house rule stuff.
      Also, I tend to follow the trend of the real offense/defense (hence why I was toying with 3man DL the last couple years while preferring 4man DL), so I built up a custom playbook that isn't entirely 'right' by the real team right now, but I'm enjoying it. Just a touch of Ace, a ton of I, and some shotgun stuff. I'm going to need to rework it, I'm pretty sure, as I doubt I have enough shotgun in there and too much I play-action plays that I'm not using. In all actuality, I haven't run Denard that much since the option isn't blocked well (the patch is supposed to fix the WR blocking for that) and I haven't run him from shotgun dedicated plays much. I scramble him sometimes when everything is locked up downfield and that has been big, but I really haven't given him a lot of carries.

Frickin' lost to Alabama last night at the very end of the game after taking a FG lead with about 3 minutes to go. From a gameplay standpoint, it was an amazing game, but it was very infuriating to lose as the CPU offense went to beast mode no-huddle that I couldn't stop them. Should have called timeout so I was more mad at myself after the game then that they picked me apart. Amazing defensive game prior to that with both defenses really setting the tone. Both sides had 4 sacks, they were all over my running game, and I was shutting down their passing game while only giving up some rushing. It was my turnovers and then not stopping their final drive that caused the loss. Without the dumb INTs I threw, it should have been a win. In other words, an absolute fantastic game that followed the flow of a real game.

Currently, pretty good quality, but low numbers. I have a real young team though so hard to attract recruits at the moment.
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      Yeah, I've typically had to move OL around to get the best on the field, since the game loves to slot some scrub in at a position just because he is listed at the position.
      I play sim and play on Heisman, so I don't really house rule stuff.
      Also, I tend to follow the trend of the real offense/defense (hence why I was toying with 3man DL the last couple years while preferring 4man DL), so I built up a custom playbook that isn't entirely 'right' by the real team right now, but I'm enjoying it. Just a touch of Ace, a ton of I, and some shotgun stuff. I'm going to need to rework it, I'm pretty sure, as I doubt I have enough shotgun in there and too much I play-action plays that I'm not using. In all actuality, I haven't run Denard that much since the option isn't blocked well (the patch is supposed to fix the WR blocking for that) and I haven't run him from shotgun dedicated plays much. I scramble him sometimes when everything is locked up downfield and that has been big, but I really haven't given him a lot of carries.

Frickin' lost to Alabama last night at the very end of the game after taking a FG lead with about 3 minutes to go. From a gameplay standpoint, it was an amazing game, but it was very infuriating to lose as the CPU offense went to beast mode no-huddle that I couldn't stop them. Should have called timeout so I was more mad at myself after the game then that they picked me apart. Amazing defensive game prior to that with both defenses really setting the tone. Both sides had 4 sacks, they were all over my running game, and I was shutting down their passing game while only giving up some rushing. It was my turnovers and then not stopping their final drive that caused the loss. Without the dumb INTs I threw, it should have been a win. In other words, an absolute fantastic game that followed the flow of a real game.

Currently, pretty good quality, but low numbers. I have a real young team though so hard to attract recruits at the moment.
      Yeah, those close ones are the best. What year are you in? What is your record? If you have a good defense it has to be year 1 because the D collapses in year 2. Well I had Demens, Roh and someone else leave as Jrs which devastated my D.

You CAN run Denard out of SG speed option. Just have to pick and choose which D's to go against and you have to cut it up INSIDE if they go to contain. He is putting up big rushing numbers for me. I don't pass much and when I do I almost never take off with him. I either throw it away or throw it into coverage and pray!

My plan is to CUT players in the off season that are just taking up roster room and deterring recruits from coming. If you aren't going to see the field and you are not in a pipeline state you are GONE! LOL
      AustinWolv -
      Yeah, those close ones are the best. What year are you in? What is your record? If you have a good defense it has to be year 1 because the D collapses in year 2. Well I had Demens, Roh and someone else leave as Jrs which devastated my D.

You CAN run Denard out of SG speed option. Just have to pick and choose which D's to go against and you have to cut it up INSIDE if they go to contain. He is putting up big rushing numbers for me. I don't pass much and when I do I almost never take off with him. I either throw it away or throw it into coverage and pray!

My plan is to CUT players in the off season that are just taking up roster room and deterring recruits from coming. If you aren't going to see the field and you are not in a pipeline state you are GONE! LOL
      Year2, as I restarted about a week after the game came out and experimenting with some stuff has left me far less offline dynasty time than I'd like.
      Year1 was 1 regular season loss to MSU, they snuck up on me in that game and pulled it out....and then beat pretty bad in the bowl game.
      Year2 is 2 regular season losses thus far. Can't recall who the first loss was to....maybe Wisconsin. My D is pretty solid as I convinced guys to stay, but it is my lowest-rated unit at B+ overall.

My offense has been mainly from under-center, I really haven't run a whole lot of shotgun ........which I should work more of that in, so you've got a good point there for me.

Yeah, I'm going to cut some of the older guys who aren't going to see the field, I think. On a sidenote, now that the fall practice real roster came out, I'm going to rework the roster file to be more accurate, especially since EA put some guys in that won't be seeing the field.
      keyser soze -
      I am in season 2 as well and yet to lose a game. I have had 3 4th quarter comeback heart stoppers thus far. I have Bama, Neb and O$U all on the road this year so the odds on running the table again are SLIM. Denard has stayed relatively healthy thus far so that is key. Dude is a BEAST! If he gets just a slight glimpse of daylight at the second level its BYE BYE TD!!!

Just don't think I can outscore everyone in year 2. Year 1 my D was SOLID at the end of the year. Martin and Roh were BEASTS up front and Demens was stepping up huge as well. Woodfork anchored the defensive backfield for us. This year is a total transition year for us. I am getting no pressure, creating no turnovers and simply having to win games on Denard's back. If this year's class is as stinky as it appears it will be, things could get interesting next year with no Denard. I will have to get me a STUD QB and HB next year as well as several other positions of MUST HAVE, but that is what makes it fun!

Going to use my next game against Minny to develop a better passing game. I must have a passing game for my 3 games after Minny that are: MSU, @NEB, @Bama... going to be tough.
      jaymo76 -
      I'm a little dissapointed with INJURIES in the game thus far. Ohter teams usually have 2-5 injuries when I play them but in almost six seasons (and playing every single game~ man I love having the summers off...) I have only had TWO injuries over FOUR games. I really would like to see USER injuries addressed through a tuning patch.
      AustinWolv -
      On the flipside, I lost my starting RB for 9 weeks recently......
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      I'm a little dissapointed with INJURIES in the game thus far. Ohter teams usually have 2-5 injuries when I play them but in almost six seasons (and playing every single game~ man I love having the summers off...) I have only had TWO injuries over FOUR games. I really would like to USER see injuries addressed through a tuning patch.
      If you choose to sit your guy out when he is banged up he doesn't get hurt much. Try forcing him back in early and you can get the season ending injuries that you want. Personally, I REALLY like how injuries are done this year so much more than in the past. Of course the messed up the injuries in the OD so my buddy has to hold himself accountable.

Did they address this issue in the patch? Will non commissioner injuries stick after the patch drops?
      jaymo76 -
      I don't know I guess I just expect to see more frequent injuries. For example, this season I am 10-0 with one game leftyand have only had TWO games missed due to injury (from the same player- my starting RB). The only players who ever get hurt are the RB and the QB and on occasion, a WR. I have never seen an offensive lineman or a linebacker hurt. Plus, since season two there have been ZERO Erin Andrews injury updates.... I don't know why but she is completey gone except for Gametrack in the 3rd quarter.
      keyser soze -
      I don't know I guess I just expect to see more frequent injuries. For example, this season I am 10-0 with one game leftyand have only had TWO games missed due to injury (from the same player- my starting RB). The only players who ever get hurt are the RB and the QB and on occasion, a WR. I have never seen an offensive lineman or a linebacker hurt. Plus, since season two there have been ZERO Erin Andrews injury updates.... I don't know why but she is completey gone except for Gametrack in the 3rd quarter.
      My SS missed 4 games this year in my OD.
      steelerfan -
      I'm a little dissapointed with INJURIES in the game thus far. Ohter teams usually have 2-5 injuries when I play them but in almost six seasons (and playing every single game~ man I love having the summers off...) I have only had TWO injuries over FOUR games. I really would like to see USER injuries addressed through a tuning patch.
      I agree completely. In addition, I'd like to see a better mix of guys getting injured. OL, for example, virtually never get hurt. I've mentioned this, on multiple occasions, to the devs.
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I agree completely. In addition, I'd like to see a better mix of guys getting injured. OL, for example, virtually never get hurt. I've mentioned this, on multiple occasions, to the devs.
      Pls give us 85 man rosters before they make injuries realistic. I want realistic personnel to join it.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Played my last game of NCAA today. There's absolutely no point in forcing myself to play this when I only have to wait two more weeks for Madden, so I'm not going to. It's absolutely disgusting how laggy this game is online, especially when the NFL counter part is butter smooth all the time.
      Pig Bomb -
      there should be an obituary thread for people to announce they've quit the game and why...etc
      I OU a Beatn -
      I haven't quit. I'll play when their online is as smooth as Madden. I truly don't think it's asking much. They're made my the same company so they have access to the same network resources. There's no excuse why one is so laggy you can't even pick a play while the other one is so smooth you can't even tell you're online. Considering it's been that way since '08, I'm not going to hold my breath. The really, REALLY stupid thing? I had less lag back on '04 on PS2 when I had a damned dial up connection. No shit.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      there should be an obituary thread for people to announce they've quit the game and why...etc
      It will be interesting to see how many people "jump ship" from NCAA when Madden drops.
      psusnoop -
      It will be interesting to see how many people "jump ship" from NCAA when Madden drops.
      Probably about the same amount as normal I'd guess.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Damn, it seemed like my running back in my first season at FIU couldn't stay healthy. He went down with an injury twice in one game, then I lost him with a season ending injury (out for the bowl game) in our final regular season game. Also lost my backup running back for the entire second half of the season, among other injures to my starting QB, a couple WR, and a few DBs.
      ram29jackson -
      just a little interesting...the Baylor QB is rated somewhere around top 5 or 10 in game of all of all QBs