Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Playbook "zero play" Bug Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Exclamation Custom Playbook "zero play" Bug Discussion

*edited by gschwendt
    There is apparently a bug that the patch did not correct in which when using a Custom Playbook, the only plays available to select from have no formation art. If you select that play, your team will come out with all 11 players huddled around the football. Use this thread to discuss the issue and hopefully we can find a work-around for the time being.

Please post the base playbook you began with as well as the number of formations and number of plays in your playbook.

No but I broke the huddle and saw a glitch. Everybody was stuck together. Had to call a timeout.
    Also in my playbook there are a bunch of empty slots with question marks. No plays in there
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Here's what I got and I am playing OFF line. Custom Playbooks have ? and no play art. My Offensive PB has only 146 plays... yet nothing shows. Call a play just to see what happens, team comes out bunched together like 11 people trying to fit in a phone booth. Get penalty for off-sides and can't call time out either.

EA... WTF???

this doesent sound good

Alright, here's what I did to get this game to work. Uh... somewhat. Turned off the XBox 360 and restarted. Went back to Play Now w/ my CPB's, both O and D. This time, the plays are there but on an 11 play, 81 yard drive I had the ? again w/ no plays showing up, so I just hit the X button and the guys come out bunched together and this time I was able to call a TO to avoid the penalty.

THIS MUST BE PATCHED IMMEDIATELY. Using time-outs because of a flaw in the game is going to be a killer. Since rebooting it's only happened once... on one drive. I am getting ready to go on D now. Will update later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I've read about freezing and problems on the 360 version on OS. They said it's better if you install it to your HDD. Have you guys tried that?
    I haven't had the freezing issue, but I did add two Trips formations to my PB, giving me 16 formations and now over 200 plays and haven't the empty PB w/ ? instead of the play art.

EDIT: Scratch that. It's still doing it. Early in the game and I have just been going around and playing a quarter to see different teams, but it does it early in every game.
    Last edited by Dr Death; 07-12-2011 at 06:54 AM.

I'm on 360, had the * playbook thing happen to me a couple times and then my guys just bunch up in the middle. Also has frozen on me twice when going from on the field to sim the defensive side of the ball (i'm doing an offline dynasty as an OC).

The game is installed to my hard drive, it was the first thing that I did when I got it home.

Oh, we definitely noticed it. We let the devs know & it is supposed to be fixed in the first patch. Have you guys downloaded the patch?

*edit* I'm referring to the CPB issue here. Not sure about the freezing issues.

For the "huddle around the ball" bug (aka zero play bug), it's not anything I've seen in retail but did see at the community event. My understanding was that it is caused by having too few plays or formations in your custom playbook, however Dr Death's 16 Formations and 200 plays should be more than enough. Death, when you created your playbook, did you remove a lot of the playbook before you got started or did you just remove a few and add a few? Just curious so I can pass along as many notes as possible.

That said, we'll try to find an answer for you guys.

Wow... how does stuff THIS BASIC make it into the game? 11 guys STUCK TOGETHER! I don't think I have EVER seen this and I have been playing this series for YEARS.... AMAZING!

so.. that didn't get fixed in the patch??

EDIT : I'm on PS3, and the zero play bug was there, but G said it was fixed in the patch. I'm just now downloading it, so we'll see if it's on the ps3 version too.
    Last edited by xMrHitStickx904; 07-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Not unless the fix includes calling a time out I guess to "fix it".

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    so.. that didn't get fixed in the patch??

For everyone that sees it, please post your formation & play count sizes of your Custom Playbook.
    Wondering if we can find a pattern of a minimum number that needs to be included.

In all of mine, I have generally had at least 15 or so formations with approximately 300 plays and have not run into the issue at all in retail.

My 1st PB has 26 formations, with 373 plays, and i've seen the bug.

2nd PB has 31 formations, with 371 plays, only seen it once from this PB.

Both pre-patch however.

EDIT: Base PB's were Auburn and Mississippi State.
    Last edited by xMrHitStickx904; 07-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Please also include your base playbook.

is this just a custom playbook error???

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    yes, not a normal PB error.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    Yes. This should only be a result of using a custom playbook.

As JPBD suggested, you'll want to list the base playbook that you began with.

first game post-patch, it's still there. Special teams, Goal Line and Hail Mary are gone.

I have to in " special plays " to find special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    first game post-patch, it's still there. Special teams, Goal Line and Hail Mary are gone.

I have to in " special plays " to find special teams.
    Do you know what playbook you started with as your base playbook?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Do you know what playbook you started with as your base playbook?

yes, this one is Auburn. 31 formations, 371 plays.