Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 12 Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 12 Feedback

Bugs & Glitches

Use this thread for items relating to bugs & glitches found in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Please list any and all steps and necessary details to reproduce the bug/glitch. If it cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-11-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Alright... first bug, which has already been posted about... When you create a Custom Playbook there are times during a game where you will see no plays, you will instead see this: ? Just a ? and no play. If you hit X Y or A your team will come out of the huddle in bunch and proceed to walk to the line of scrimmage in a tight group. The only way around this is to call a time out. This happened to me 4 times in one game, twice each half. In effect, costing me 4 of my 6 time-outs and, at the end of the first half this "bug" cost me 3 points and my QB was injured for two weeks all because I didn't have my TO's left. If I had had my TO's left I could have set up for a FG instead of having to run a play as the clock was running out and my QB would not have been hurt.

I did not have this problem on defense. My defense has over 300 plays in it, my offense only has 146. Now Custom Playbooks are supposed to be just that. CUSTOM! If I want a PB w/ only 25 plays... not counting ST's plays, I should be able to do that. I think the problem here is my PB has too few plays, therefor you get this bug. It also happened at the end of each half... once early in each half, once late.

This is a GAME KILLER for Dynasty and CC. Because this "bug" is going to cost people games. If you need to have X amount of plays in your PB, then EA should have told us this. Otherwise, this needs to be patched immediately.

Another problem, I guess I'll call this one a "glitch" is when the D has 3 down linemen and only rush those 3... in other words, they are not blitzing... the Tackles will just stand up and let the defensive end blow right past them. I played one game, 10 minute quarters, and lost 2 QB's when the D was in 3-3-5 and NOT blitzing. The replays show the RT at the end of the first half and the LT late in the game, just stand up and watch as the DE blows right past him and kills the QB.

Got the same Custom Playbook bug...

Recruit
    i got the same custom playbook bug as well...also i noticed when i ran ace trips that any time i would call the stick play in that formation that the QB would morph over to the right side right after the snap that is the only play in the formation that i noticed that but it is a killer cuz i love that route combo and how it picks up quick yards against zone

I'm having the same damn Custom Playbook bug as you. However I have over 300 plays in mine so it's not a certain number. This sucks ass. I haven't even been able to play a QT cause calling timeouts doesn't work for me.

I have only seen this specifically on third down defense but my custom stadium sound plays during the play and after the play is over as well. Aren't they usualy supposed to stop once the play is beginning?

EDIT: It happened on kickoff too. The music played all the way until the next huddle. I am almost certain this isnt supposed to happen.
    Last edited by umhester04; 07-12-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Not sure if this qualifies as a true "glitch" but I suppose I'll bring it up. On some running plays, the pre-snap play-art showing blocking assignments goes haywire. For instance, the left guard will be shown as blocking a defensive tackle in the A-gap, then his animation will switch to double-teaming the defensive end, and then onto blocking a linebacker lined up across from him. This process is repeated for every guy in the box who has a blocking assignment.

I've noticed this mostly on zone running plays. For a situation that can be reproduced, here was my latest one:

Game type: Play now, Vanderbilt @ Florida, All-American, 9 min. quarters, default sliders, default playbooks
    Game time: 6:42 remaining in first quarter
    Down and distance: Florida ball, 2nd and 4 from the Vanderbilt 33, ball is roughly halfway in between the middle of the field and the right hash
    Offensive play called: Weak-I zone read
    Defensive alignment: Looks like a 4-3 Over, with the LDE lined up outside the RT. Two of the three linebackers playing very close up to the line of scrimmage. MLB is lined up over the LG and the ROLB is lined up over the tight end to the strong side of the formation. 2 safeties high. It's tough to tell what the D was running but it looked like a 3-high zone possibly.

Now, I should point out that the blocking on the actual play was executed quite nicely (I love running in '12 so far) and the play went for a 10-yard gain. Again, nothing game-killing, but something that may be an issue if you want to know exactly who is getting blocked and how.

Dis custom playbook bug is killin me!!!!!

Had to burn all my TOs n da 1st qrter...SMDH

1: Alright I am playing an OD with my brother. I'm WSU and he's Oregon. We've each played 3 games on the same console, and he has had his games freeze within the final 2 minutes of each and every game. I see no common variable except that we've changed profiles and not turned the game off, and then resigned in and gone back into OD. This is bad. Luckily all his games have been in doubt so we've just simmed the correct result in.

2: Had my WR get hurt with a leg injury (can't remember which one dang it) in week 1, out for 10 weeks. But in week 2 he was back and healthy. He then got hurt for 4 more weeks after spraining his elbow. All he does is kick return

Arizona qb (foles qb#8) just rolled out to the right as a right hander (normal), then when he set up he flopped to a lefty qb (wrong hand), then when he went to throw he flipped back to the correct stance and let it go right handed. This was funny, but not natural.

My custom playbook has TWO sections for I FORMATION. 3 I forms on one page and 2 I forms on another page. It's really annoying. Plus the I falls after special teams???
    '

There are still several instances where the WR doesn't make any attempt at a pass that he should. I know there's the diving catch but if you don't decide to trigger the WR hands should at least reach for the ball.

1 second left in the half after a first down inside the 5 yard line. Hurry up is being called due to 0 time outs left. And the stupid espn instant replay pops up!!!!!!!!! Of course, once it does that you cannot call hurry up and the last second ticks off the clock. This is not a glitch but in the last minute of any half there should not be any instant replays. NONE. Please patch immediately! This cost me points and instead of having a 3 yard shot at leading at the half, I end up kicking it and other team scores to make it a 2 score game. FRUSTRATED!

For those that are experiencing the custom playbook bug where you don't see a play to pick from and your team then all lines up together on top of the ball, please use this thread for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    My custom playbook has TWO sections for I FORMATION. 3 I forms on one page and 2 I forms on another page. It's really annoying. Plus the I falls after special teams???
    '
    Can you take a picture of what you're seeing? I've not heard of that issue and want to see exactly what is occurring.

I'm trying to do protected rivals in a 16-team conference and no matter what I select, the option I choose doesn't stick. It goes back to whatever it was previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freshman
    Game froze on Xbox 360 in a regular play now game in the 1st quarter. Had to restart my system.

Xbox 360 slim 250 HDD. 1 year old. And yes game is installed to the hard drive.

From last year:

- After exiting Dynasty Mode, the on-screen ticker still gives Dynasty News as compared to switching back to ESPN news & info.

- Users cannot sort Defensive Player Stats by Total Tackles. The game sorts Total Tackles by Solo Tackles instead.

So, I'm playing a dynasty game and I'm an OC. My HC decides to go for it on 4th and 1, up 28-0. I get dinged for unsportsmanship. LOL! Thanks, coach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recruit
    i had the same prob the one guy had where my i forms would show up in two different spots