Share our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page with your friends via e-mail & social networks with this handy link http://tgt.pw/NCAA14info
or by clicking Share/Save above.
: Coming soon: the next chapter in the NCAA Football saga. All the players, all the excitement and all the power of the next thrilling season of collegiate football will soon be available.
: Michigan QB Denard Robinson
When does NCAA Football 14 come out?
The release date for NCAA Football 14 is July 9, 2013. If you are a member of the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program
, you can download the game on July 5.
: X-Box 360 & Playstation 3
Pre-order Bonuses (Deals):
- Amazon (PlayStation 3|X-Box 360) - Exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team PAC 12 Conference Pack including key PAC 12 players and bonus game extension. (Pre-order Price Guarantee. Release day delivery, select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.)
- Best Buy - Exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team Big 10 Conference Pack including key Big 10 players and bonus game extension.
- GameStop - Exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team SEC Conference Pack including key SEC players and bonus game extension.
- Target - Exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team ACC Conference Pack including key ACC players and bonus game extension.
- Walmart - Exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team Big 12 Conference Pack including key Big 12 players and bonus game extension.
- Origin - Exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team Big East American Athletic Conference Pack including key Big East American Athletic Conference players and bonus game extension.
To be announced.
Announced Features and Improvements (PS3/360)
- Infinity Engine 2 - The Infinity Engine 2 unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football, bringing multiple college play-styles to life. Real-time physics. Infinity Engine utilized only in tackles last year (in Madden 13), now applies to ballcarrier as part of Force Impact System. If ball-carrier hits defender in head (stiff-arm), their head will move back. Lowers shoulder into chest, chest moves back as part of collision/hit. Applies to jukes, spin moves, hurdles, dive tackles, tackles, etc. Physics also applied to Hit Stick & Truck Stick. Ball-carrier can now make hard cuts along with foot-planting and de-acceleration on change of direction.
- Enhanced running game: Ball-carrier will not run into offensive line/teammates and become stuck; they will place hand on teammate as blocks/holes develop. (Additional running game improvements listed below.)
- Acceleration Burst - Use RT/R2 to accelerate with your player through holes or to the ball-carrier. However, excessive use will fatigue your player. (Players will ramp up to top speed on their own.)
- New/additional juke moves: Left, right, back; jukes can be combo'd.
- Option improvements: Over 30 new pitch types (including shovel options & midline options). New playbook solely focused on spread option. "Real AI" that will "teach the AI how to run the option the right way through repetition."
- Revamped blocking with better targeting logic, including on bubble screens, and double teams & zone blocks. Linemen fire out to the second level more effectively if they clear LOS.
- Pre-snap option reads (visible with Coach Cam): See read and pitch keys.
- Personnel-based Playcalling. Also, in no-huddle user restricted to personnel on the field.
- Defensive Breakdown: As offensive player goes to make move, defender will breakdown in order to not overrun the ball-carrier and make tackle attempt.
- Stumble Mechanic: As ball-carrier stumbles, pressing back on right stick can help them recover balance (depending on player's rating). (Pushing forward will tell them to dive forward as far as they can.)
- Ability to set different skill level for Offense and Defense (noticed in video & preview article; not formally announced)
- Hands-on tutorial and videos for option game & other new features. - Listed in Game Informer preview, not officially announced.
- Kinect Integration (360) - Kinect support will be for offline play only and will be similar to what EA SPORTS has done in Madden, focusing on pre-play voice commands.
NCAA Football Ultimate Team
- NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.
- Improved & new crowd chants including 'Seven Nation Army' & 'Zombie Nation'
- Pre-play and post-play player chatter
- New menu layout
- Dynamic load screens (entering & exiting games)
- Dynamic on-screen banner phrases. Also dynamic player wipes and all-new team wipes.
- Revamped pre-game including a live look-in from Rece Davis that sets the stage for a brand-new intro featuring vignettes, traditions, text wipes and more all set to a music video.
- Living game clock (matching ESPN integration) & new/additional team and player (stat) wipes
- 500+ new vignettes, plus "mic'd up players"
- Enhanced commentary from Brad Nessler & Kirk Herbstreit: Focus on key players & progress through the game, drive summaries, etc. Includes long-term special storylines that may trigger after several seasons.
- Four Playable Camera Angles: Regular, Zoom, Wide, Coordinator
- Correct football based on school’s equipment and apparel manufacturer (IE: Under Armour football for UA school)
- Neutral Site Games: Chick-fil-A Kickoff, Cowboys Classic, Texas Kickoff. Also: Bayou Bucket (Houston/Rice), Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Shootout (Baylor/Texas Tech). Includes neutral site crowds: fans will cheer for big plays from both squads. (Found in Neutral Site Games & bowl games.)
- Improved Crowd Color Composition: Nebraska, Ohio State. (Noticeable within video/screens, mentioned on podcast.)
- Neutral Site Stadiums: MetLife Stadium, Soldier Field, Cowboy Stadium, M&T Bank Stadium.
- Updated/Authentic FBS Stadiums: Georgia State, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Texas State newly added. Includes renovations to TCU.
- Updated Field Art: Will include Twitter handles, where applicable. (Mentioned in Polygon preview, not formally announced.)
- Base layers: Florida State, Louisville, Texas A&M. (Noticeable within game videos/screens.)
- Team specific gloves: Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Oregon, Texas A&M, Wisconsin. (Noticeable within game videos/screens.) Includes celebratory hand poses.
- Updated/new/corrected uniforms: Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Nebraska (Noticeable within game videos/screens; not officially announced.)
- Updated school logos: Oregon State
- New/Returning Fight Songs: University of Texas, Texas A&M University, Baylor University, University of Arkansas and Texas Christian University
- The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.
- NFLPA license plus approval from respective schools allow current NFL players to be used in the mode (photos from college days)
- 1,400 players available at release, will eventually reach 2,500. All 126 programs represented with players.
- Player cards may feature them as underclassmen, senior, or special Heisman Hopeful, among others.
- Player card focus on 1990s and after with some players prior as well. (All non-NFLPA players must be individually licensed and in good standing with their university.)
- Cards available include: players, playbooks, uniforms, & stadiums
- Starting the mode, players can select favorite team and will be given their uniform & stadium cards.
- 55 active player roster
- Modes available include Solo Challenges & Season Mode
- Some NFUT cards will be unlocked for completing drills/events in the new Skills Trainer feature
- Info coming May 28
Play a Season
- There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.
- Info coming June 17
Official Site News & Blogs
- Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.
Media & Community Previews
- December 5, 2012 - NCAA Football Cover Vote
- March 10, 2013 - Denard Robinson Wins NCAA Cover Vote
- March 11, 2013 - Top Five Denard Robinson Performances
- March 31, 2013 - NCAA Football 14 Pre-order Offers
- April 1, 2013 - NCAA Football 14 Announces Release Date
- April 2, 2013 - NCAA Football Playbook 1: Gameplay
- April 10, 2013 - Breaking Down NCAA Football 14 Gameplay
- April 18, 2013 - NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2: Presentation
- April 23, 2013 - NCAA Football 14 Cover Revealed
- April 29, 2013 - NCAA Football 14 Sights and Sounds
- May 14, 2013 - NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team
- March 10, 2013 - The Charleston Daily Mail: WVU football - EA Sports invites Mountaineers to help overhaul NCAA Football recruiting by Mike Casazza
- April 3, 2013 - Kotaku: NCAA Football 14 Will Add an Ultimate Team Mode, but How It Will Work is a Mystery [Update] by Owen Good
- April 3, 2013 - Polygon: NCAA Football 14 getting Ultimate Team mode by Samit Sarkar
- April 3, 2013 - ESPN Video Games: 'NCAA Football 14': A first-look preview by Jon Robinson
- April 3, 2013 - Polygon: NCAA Football 14 looks to catch up to Madden, but remain faithful to the college game by Samit Sarkar
- April 3, 2013 - Polygon: The unpredictability and innovation of NCAA football by Tracey Lien
- April 3, 2013 - Kotaku: NCAA Football 14 Promises It Won't Give You the Same Old Line This Year by Owen Good
- April 3, 2013 - Game Informer: NCAA Football 14 Debuts The Next Iteration Of The Infinity Engine by Matthew Kato
- April 3, 2013 - Tradition Sports Online: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Improvements - What it all means by Ronnie Hurst
- April 3, 2013 - Bleacher Report: Behind the Scenes Look at EA Sports' NCAA Football 2014 by Michael Schottey
- April 4, 2013 - ESPN Video Games: Denard Robinson relishes 'NCAA 14' cover by Jon Robinson
- April 4, 2013 - Under the Code: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Roundtable
- April 8, 2013 - ThatSportsGamer Show (Episode 49): NCAA 14 Gameplay & other video game discussion
- April 8, 2013 - The Gaming Tailgate: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A Thread - Gameplay
- April 9, 2013 - Game Changers Radio: Show #96 - NCAA Football 14 Gameplay
- April 12, 2013 - Under the Code: Hands-on Impressions of NCAA Football 14′s “More Balanced” Offensive Gameplay by Devin Peden
- April 12, 2013 - Press Row Podcast: Episode 19 with NCAA Football 14 Producer Ben Haumiller
- April 15, 2013 - The Gaming Tailgate Podcast: Ep. 25 - NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Preview
- April 18, 2013 - ESPN Video Games: 'NCAA Football 14' ramps up presentation by Jon Robinson
- April 18, 2013 - Polygon: NCAA Football 14 dev looking to freshen up stagnant presentation elements by Samit Sarkar
- April 18, 2013 - Game Informer: NCAA 14 Presentation Details & New Screens by Matthew Kato
- April 18, 2013 - Operation Sports: NCAA Football 14 Revamps Presentation by Steve Noah
- April 18, 2013 - Operation Sports: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On by Chris Sanner
- April 22, 2013 - GameZone: NCAA Football 14 replaces Big East with American Athletic Conference by Matt Liebl
- April 24, 2013 - Joystiq: NCAA Football 14 to include offline-only Kinect support by Mike Suszek
- April 25, 2013 - GameZone: NCAA Football 14 will use the BCS as post-season play by Matt Liebl
- April 26, 2013 - The Gaming Tailgate Podcast: Ep. 26 - Interview with NCAA 14 Presentation Dev Christian McLeod
- May 15, 2013 - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 with NCAA Football 14 Producer Ben Haumiller - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview
- May 15, 2013 - Game Informer: NCAA Football 14 - The Ultimate College Football Team by Matthew Kato
- May 15, 2013 - Kotaku: Current Pros Give the Old College Try in NCAA Football Ultimate Team by Owen Good
- May 15, 2013 - The Gaming Tailgate: NCAA Playbook #3 - Ultimate Team by Jason Burt
- May 16, 2013 - ESPN Playbook: 'NCAA 14' adds Ultimate Team mode by Jon Robinson
December 14, 2012: NCAA Football 14 - NCAA Football Cover Vote Trailer
March 29, 2013: Machinima Sports - Interview with Denard Robinson
April 3, 2013: First Look at the New Gameplay Engine in NCAA Football 14
April 3, 2013: NCAA Football 14 - The Up at Noon Interview
April 3, 2013: Machinima Sports - NCAA Football 14 GAME PLAY!!! (Interview with Ben Haumiller)
April 19, 2013: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Playbook First Look Official Trailer
April 22, 2013: Machinima Sports - NCAA Football 14 Presentation Updates -- EXCLUSIVE!!!!! (Interview with Ben Haumiller)
April 29, 2013: GamerHub.TV - NCAA Football 14 Preview Interview Featuring EA Sports Producer Larry Richart