Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    No update there.
    that sucks, oh well maybe on the next gen we will have a game with real roster size

Got clarification from one of the devs...

Deal Breakers are random and only a percentage of all the prospects will have one associated with them. They will only appear and relate to a prospect's top interest. The grade is absolute across the board, with C+ being the breaking point.

So if playing time is the top interest of both a *** and ***** QB, chances are that only one will have a Deal Breaker and most likely it will be the 5 star QB.
    IF a random prospect has "Deal Breakers" is it always 3 or is it sometimes 1, 2? Could we have a diva with 4/5 "Deal Breakers"?

Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    Shot in the dark here, but any word on whether or not online dynasty will include co-op play?
    No co-op play unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    IF a random prospect has "Deal Breakers" is it always 3 or is it sometimes 1, 2? Could we have a diva with 4/5 "Deal Breakers"?
    Can be a recruit of any caliber.

Can be a recruit of any caliber.
    No my question wasn't the Caliber of player. Rather it was how many "Deal Breaker" issue(s) will a player that has them have. The screen showed 3. Will it always be 3 deal breakers. Or will players have varying numbers of Deal breakers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5....)?

With the podcast saying visits later in the season being more important, does this mean recruits do not commit until late in the season/it is harder to get them to commit?

Not sure if this is truly a dynasty question or not, but I'll ask it here:

Are there any changes to rosters and/or depth charts? Strongside/weakside instead of left/right DE and LB? Maybe a nickleback position or on offense a hybrid FB/TE H-back spot or a WR/HB spot?

Bummer. Thanks for the quick resonpse JB, that's why TGT is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    No my question wasn't the Caliber of player. Rather it was how many "Deal Breaker" issue(s) will a player that has them have. The screen showed 3. Will it always be 3 deal breakers. Or will players have varying numbers of Deal breakers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5....)?
    The deal breaker applies to the recruit's most important category.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    With the podcast saying visits later in the season being more important, does this mean recruits do not commit until late in the season/it is harder to get them to commit?
    I did find it harder for commits to land early when I was recruiting and simming through the games.

Quote Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU View Post
    Not sure if this is truly a dynasty question or not, but I'll ask it here:

Are there any changes to rosters and/or depth charts? Strongside/weakside instead of left/right DE and LB? Maybe a nickleback position or on offense a hybrid FB/TE H-back spot or a WR/HB spot?
    I don't think so. Not 100% though.

Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    Bummer. Thanks for the quick resonpse JB, that's why TGT is the best.
    Thanks!

Have they fixed the bugged off-season recruiting from last year where every school had A+ rating for Proximity to Home, even if you were 3000 miles away?

Also have they changed any of the ratings for schools? I swear Rutgers has had the same C- rating for Facilities yet they've been renovating things every year, and the Hale Center is pretty much State of the Art.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyKirch View Post
    Have they fixed the bugged off-season recruiting from last year where every school had A+ rating for Proximity to Home, even if you were 3000 miles away?

Also have they changed any of the ratings for schools? I swear Rutgers has had the same C- rating for Facilities yet they've been renovating things every year, and the Hale Center is pretty much State of the Art.
    I wasn't aware of the bug. Not sure if anyone checked that back in March to see if it was still there.

And yeah, not even sure if ratings were final back then, let alone remembering what every team was rated.

I hope recruiting difficulty is still in the game. Please tell me they didn't cut that out. That was a huge addition in '11.

Overall I'm very happy with these changes. Can the guys with hands on talk about how much quicker this has made the time between games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I hope recruiting difficulty is still in the game. Please tell me they didn't cut that out. That was a huge addition in '11.

Overall I'm very happy with these changes. Can the guys with hands on talk about how much quicker this has made the time between games?
    Pretty sure that is still in.

I know sometimes it would take me 30 mins to recruit, especially early in the season dropping and adding players. Between the menus working better (hopefully that translates to the retail release), this cuts it down greatly. If you're not doing any adding or dropping of players, you probably can get done in a couple minutes. Kinda still depends on how in depth you look at recruits on the board. But this will DRASTICALLY cut down times.

Do we pretty much now know everything about the game. Is there anything we should still be waiting on other than play a season and gameplay footage at e3?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhard Nation View Post
    Do we pretty much now know everything about the game. Is there anything we should still be waiting on other than play a season and gameplay footage at e3?
    I think there are still a couple unannounced things at this point.

I think there are still a couple unannounced things at this point.
    Can't wait for them to go in depth on skill trainer. Wish it could tie into spring practices or stuff like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Sooo.....the computer could effectively give me a really crappy oc or dc? And I don't hace any say so.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I wish they would put in a mini-AD mode with coaching carousel, give us a chance to at least put in some input to who we'd prefer our school hire as HC, OC or DC.

Speaking of coaching carousel, I'm guessing no changes made? Or did I completely overlook it?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I wish they would put in a mini-AD mode with coaching carousel, give us a chance to at least put in some input to who we'd prefer our school hire as HC, OC or DC.

Speaking of coaching carousel, I'm guessing no changes made? Or did I completely overlook it?
    Yeah nothing really done there.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    You're mistaken... not any kind of an overhaul but they are supposed to be doing some significant tuning to it. No details on how it will all work but I believe at least some of the headaches should be gone.

Sigh. I was afraid of that. They finally put coaching carousel into the game, and then treat it like a red headed stepchild and completely ignore it year after year.