• 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12

In addition to the first screenshot for NCAA Football 12, the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook Page has released the first of 25 new plays that are coming to NCAA Football 12. The next five weeks will feature a new play each day, with the offense on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and the defense on Tuesday and Thursday.

To join in the discussion on the new Offensive Plays, visit this thread.
    To share your opinions on the new Defensive Plays, visit this thread.

From the Facebook page:
    "Over the next 5 weeks, we’ll be showing you 25 new plays that you’ll find in NCAA Football 12! You can expect to see a new offensive play every Monday/Wednesday/Friday and a new defensive play every Tuesday/Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12. Let’s kick things off with the Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle!"

OFFENSE:

Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle (Play Art) – The Pistol Full House, aka the Diamond formation, was first unveiled last season by Oklahoma State and was later adopted by other teams across the country. A staple play of the three back pistol set is the HB Off Tackle play.

Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick (Play Art) - Another spin on a staple play of the Air Raid offense that’s used by Houston, as well as others. Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y Stick calls for the halfback to motion out of the backfield to the right. This motion puts him in a spot that allows the Y-Stick concept to develop.

DEFENSE:

Nickel Normal Cover 6 (Play Art) - Cover 6 is a split field coverage concept that has the secondary playing Cover 2 on one side of the field and Cover 4 on the other side. Add 2 plus 4 and you get 6, thus the name Cover 6.
    Comments 238 Comments
      steelerfan -
      I'm not ready to say anything will be $. In 11, maybe this play would be, in 12 who knows? We're all clamouring for defensive improvements. To call a play $ at this stage is to say there won't be defensive improvements. I'm certainly not ready to say that.

I like to look at the plays individually and appreciate them as small additions to the game. To say "this play won't work" or "that play will be unstoppable" comes from our view of 11. This is 12, until I have a retail copy in my hands that tells the whole story, I think it's narrow-minded to assume it will play like NCAA 11.
      HawkFan -
      I did say, seems to be a play that will be money against the cpu. Trust me I want vast defensive improvements over everything this year. I like this years game but I would never stop playing it if the cpu or yourself could play defense and have a 14-13 game sometimes instead of having 42-38 shoot outs all the time.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
      I did say, seems to be a play that will be money against the cpu. Trust me I want vast defensive improvements over everything this year. I like this years game but I would never stop playing it if the cpu or yourself could play defense and have a 14-13 game sometimes instead of having 42-38 shoot outs all the time.
      I wasn't singling anyone out, you just happened to be the last to post before me. You're right, "seems" and "CPU" were a part of what you said, I'm just adding "NCAA 11" to that and saying I won't judge whether these plays will work on 12. I don't have all the facts, or the finished product in hand to make those types of assessments.
      HawkFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I wasn't singling anyone out, you just happened to be the last to post before me. You're right, "seems" and "CPU" were a part of what you said, I'm just adding "NCAA 11" to that and saying I won't judge whether these plays will work on 12. I don't have all the facts, or the finished product in hand to make those types of assessments.
      You are right and either do I. Hey at least we have some info coming out that is more than dreadlocks and equipment. LOL
      steelerfan -
      Hey at least we have some info coming out that is more than dreadlocks and equipment.

Agreed, buddy.
      CLW -
      You are right and either do I. Hey at least we have some info coming out that is more than dreadlocks and equipment. LOL
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Agreed, buddy.

SHAME on you both. Dreads are single handidly going to make NCAA 12 the GREATEST video game of all-time.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      SHAME on you both. Dreads are single handidly going to make NCAA 12 the GREATEST video game of all-time.
      The vocal minority needs a new poster boy. They rode the dreads train as far as they could.
      HawkFan -
      So now that dreads are in what's the new thing people are going to be clamoring for? Hmmm maybe I will go to the bowl patches thread and rile some people up.
      Jayrah -
      So now that dreads are in what's the new thing people are going to be clamoring for? Hmmm maybe I will go to the bowl patches thread and rile some people up.
      Mouthpieces.....
      HawkFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Mouthpieces.....
      Nice, very nice.
      steelerfan -
      Tattoos? Eye black with various Area Codes and scripture references? Oh wait, that's outlawed. Faux gold teeth? Smeared eye black that covers the whole cheek? Man, the list is endless. Those poor bastards will never buy the game.
      AustinWolv -
      ROFL
      JeffHCross -
      Yep. Bowl patches and mouthpieces.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Yep. Bowl patches and mouthpieces.
      dont forget the broadcast camera angle :rolleyes:
      morsdraconis -
      The thread title needs (Offense) in it to avoid confusion since the defensive one is named as such.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      The thread title needs (Offense) in it to avoid confusion since the defensive one is named as such.
      I see (Offense) on it or am I not looking in the right place?
      morsdraconis -
      Weird... For some reason, it wasn't there when I posted that. It's definitely there now.
      gschwendt -
      Weird... For some reason, it wasn't there when I posted that. It's definitely there now.
      Heh... I fixed it in between your request and cdj's post.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Heh... I fixed it in between your request and cdj's post.

Damn it G! Making me look crazy...
      JeffHCross -

Damn it G! Making me look crazy...
      I think he should have let you think it for a while longer.