Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Defense)

• Facebook
  • Display

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Defense)

DEFENSE:

Nickel Normal Cover 6 (Play Art) - Cover 6 is a split field coverage concept that has the secondary playing Cover 2 on one side of the field and Cover 4 on the other side. Add 2 plus 4 and you get 6, thus the name Cover 6.

4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop (Play Art) – A new addition to the 4-2-5 defensive playbook, Thunder Zero Cop is an aggressive pressure scheme that calls for both inside linebackers and the strong side safety to blitz. The unique aspect of the scheme is the term “Cop”, which tells the defensive end to play man coverage, usually on a tight end.

3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 (Play Art) - The 3-3-5 Okie formation is new to NCAA Football 12. This formation allows teams that base out of the 3-3-5 defense to get into a more rational “3-4 Normal” look. A widely used scheme from this look is the NCAA Blitz 3 which is a three deep, three under fire zone scheme.

Quarters Normal Dbl Loop 3 (Play Art) - With the ever increasing popularity of spread style offenses in NCAA Football, we made the decision to add the Quarters Normal formation to the game. The Quarters normal formation features three down linemen, one linebacker, and seven defensive backs. DBL Loop 3 is an overload fire zone concept that’s used to bring pressure to the weak side of the offense.

Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2 (Play Art) – Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2 from a coverage standpoint is a standard 2 deep, 4 under fire zone pressure. The play calls for the two inside linebackers in the 2-4-5 formation to move to each side of the formation to show blitz. Combined with the pre-snap movement of the nickel cornerback, remaining linebackers, and both defensive tackles, the play gives the look of an “exotic” blitz scheme in which any combination of the players could blitz.

Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff (Play Art) – The complimentary play to the Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2, the Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff uses the exact same pre-snap movement by the linebackers, defensive tackles, and nickel cornerback. This scheme falls in line with what’s known as an “illusion” defense. The defense gives the offense the appearance of an all out blitz with the exotic look, but in reality it’s a basic 3 deep, 4 under zone coverage.

Dime 3-2-6 Spinner Buck Dog 1 (Play Art) – An aggressive blitz pressure scheme that’s used by teams such as LSU and Nebraska, Dime 3-2-6 Spinner Buck Dog 1 is a good play to use in passing situations. The play uses a six man pass rush which includes the right cornerback. This concept along with reference material was provided to us through community feedback.

3-4 Predator Cover 2 Sink (Play Art) – The 3-4 Predator is a defensive set that calls for the right outside linebacker to align in a three point stance. This gives teams that base out of the 3-4 the ability to get into a 4-3 look. Cover 2 Sink has both corners getting depth on their zone drops in order to take away the natural void in Cover 2 between the safeties and cornerbacks.

4-2-5 Under Slide Rover Wk Dog (Play Art) – 4-2-5 Under Slide is a new defensive formation for NCAA Football 12. This defensive look from the 4-2-5 calls for the secondary to align in a two deep look with one cornerback aligned tight and the other aligned in a loose technique. Rover Wk Dog is a pressure scheme that allows the defense to rush four defenders at the weak side of the offense.

NEW! 4-2-5 Okie Across Bullets Dbl A (Play Art) – 4-2-5 Okie Across places the five defensive backs in the formation in a loose alignment of about 8 to 10 yards. In addition to the alignment of the defensive backs, the right defensive end aligns in a two point stance similar to that of an outside linebacker. Bullets Dbl A sends both linebackers in the formation on blitzes in each A gap.
    Last edited by cdj; 04-14-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Cover 6! Good to see new coverages and not just new blitz packages. Woo-hoo!

Great addition... I use a 3-3-5 defense with a hot route that winds up being nearly identical (just cover 3 instead of cover 6). Hopefully the zone defense works well enough that a play like this is put to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Cover 6! Good to see new coverages and not just new blitz packages. Woo-hoo!
    Agree completely Steelerfan. Like the look of the new play and excited to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Agree completely Steelerfan. Like the look of the new play and excited to see more.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Great addition... I use a 3-3-5 defense with a hot route that winds up being nearly identical (just cover 3 instead of cover 6). Hopefully the zone defense works well enough that a play like this is put to good use.
    I agree G, lets hope the zone packages are working better this year.

Like the Cover 6 play. Of course it is all for not if the zone coverage doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I agree G, lets hope the zone packages are working better this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Like the Cover 6 play. Of course it is all for not if the zone coverage doesn't work.
    Being logical about it ... is there any way that Tiburon could convince themselves, or the guys in charge of their purse strings, to let them spend the time to add more zone plays on defense if zone is still fundamentally broken?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Jeff, you know the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Jeff, you know the answer is yes.
    Actually, having been in a few budget battles of my own lately ... no, not actually.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I like the look of cover 6 for the simple fact that I can shut off 1 deep side of the field now (in theory taking away a speedster on the outside) and still cover more underneath territory. Flats can be hot routed if need be. Also, it will be interesting to see from a offensive perspective, cause you may read cover 2 and end up throwing into double coverage, or reading cover 4 and throw something underneath with a defender just waiting on it.

I believe the defensive awareness is mostly to blame for blown coverages in this game. It starts too low imo on average, and ends up leaving a lot of guys open in zone defense concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Being logical about it ... is there any way that Tiburon could convince themselves, or the guys in charge of their purse strings, to let them spend the time to add more zone plays on defense if zone is still fundamentally broken?
    Yes they could. The masses are screaming for them. New plays could calm them, even if still conceptually broken.

Do I think they left zone coverage "unbroken"? No I don't. Defense was the up and coming thing this year so they will at least work on the aspect that was the biggest issue the past few seasons. At least I believe that.

4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop –A new addition to the 4-2-5 defensive playbook, Thunder Zero Cop is an aggressive pressure scheme that calls for both inside linebackers and the strong side safety to blitz. The unique aspect of the scheme is the term “Cop”, which tells the defensive end to play man coverage, usually on a tight end.

Do you see yourself running the 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop in NCAA Football 12? Which teams do you think are best equipped to run this play?
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 03-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.

LOVE that play! I'm proceeding on the assumption that they have made significant adjustments to the coverage. If the coverage has not been overhauled I'll be sticking with my Cover 2 Man.

It looks nice but I dont think I have EVER ran a 4-2-5. I usually stick with a 3-4 or 4-3.

Yeah, I'm a 4-3 guy for the most part. But this could be interesting. If that blitz doesn't hit, you've got a DE on a TE with no help. Cool to see this.

Shouldnt this be in the defensive thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Shouldnt this be in the defensive thread?
    You'll have to pardon JB... his defense is so offensive that he didn't put it in the right thread.

You'll have to pardon JB... his defense is so offensive that he didn't put it in the right thread.
    Oh Snap!

Didn't realize there were two threads....that image isn't showing up now though.