• A Look Back at Seven Years of Next-Gen NCAA Football

NCAA Football 13 will mark the seventh year of the franchise on the next-gen consoles. In the spring of 2006, the NCAA Football community would begin to change forever. As we lead up to the release of NCAA 13, The Gaming Tailgate will look back at the previous next-gen versions of the game.

With the release of NCAA Football 07 – only on the X-Box 360 – and a fresh start to the franchise, the fracture of the community began. Some in the community stayed on the PlayStation 2 and those who made the switch to next-gen gaming were divided between the 360 and the PlayStation 3. As the studio made the decision to start anew on these next generation consoles, some in the community became disenfranchised with the lack of features on the 360/PS3 version as compared to the PS2 version.

While the rebuilding of the franchise may have taken more time than some would like, it has also witnessed features and game modes that could not have existed on the last-gen series: Stadium Sounds, EA Locker, The Weather Channel Live Feed, web-based TeamBuilder, Dynasty Wire, and the crown jewel - Online Dynasty.

Leading up to release the release of NCAA Football 13, we will take a look back at each next-gen edition of the game starting with NCAA Football 07. Each feature will analyze the big features added into each version and how the franchise evolved with each title. In the comments for each article, share your thoughts on what aspects you enjoyed most - and least - in regards to each particular title.

Recap:
    Comments 21 Comments
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      This NEEDS to make a return. Or some sort of foot planting. I would guess this is on the top of the list for '14.
      I can only hope. That and in-game saves would be huge for me.