PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

JeffHCross
07-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Does anyone have tips recruiting in dynasty.Seems like you've already found the Dynasty Recruiting Compendium (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2661-Dynasty-Recruiting-Compendium) thread. That's probably the best place for recruiting advice.

Oneback
07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
A few things I am thinking about....

Pas blocking needs to be improved a smidge and quarter length is going to go down to 8 minutes.

fsuprime
07-20-2011, 08:15 PM
8 minutes would be nice i think

gschwendt
07-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I posted this in the main area of the boards but since quite a few of Powerhouse are experiencing it, I'll post it here as well...

If you have a relatively reliable connection but starting this year you've noticed more disconnects than normal, here's a tip...

Pause the game before you select your opening kickoff play.

Simple as that. It fixed a lot of woes last year and since it at least appears to be happening to more people this year so it's certainly worth a try for those of you experiencing problems.

I just finished a game with Oneback where our first attempt was disconnected fairly early so on the second attempt, I paused the game prior to the opening kickoff (after the coin toss) and we were able to finish the game without any problems.

psusnoop
07-22-2011, 06:25 AM
:up:

fsuprime
07-22-2011, 09:56 AM
His lips are moving but I can't hear anything ;)

jk thanks jeff, btw you really thinking of playing eve again? I think I can get you like 2 weeks free for returning accounts or something, i am playing with seandigs from utopia we are having a good time.

Papa LoneStar
07-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Man....I guess the aura of 12 made me forget. I've been doing it since the 2011 Rose Bowl....need to get back in the habit.

Oneback
07-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Well I can confirm that pausing before the kickoff DOES NOT fix the issue. I've tried to play twice today and have been disconntected both times in the first quarter.

JeffHCross
07-22-2011, 07:04 PM
thanks jeff, btw you really thinking of playing eve again? I think I can get you like 2 weeks free for returning accounts or somethingYeah, I saw that hit up my e-mail this week. Unfortunately, my only current working computer is nowhere near capable of playing EVE. One of the things I might do with my somewhat-extra free time (since I'm barely playing NCAA at this point) is to finally fix my computer. If I do, then you can expect to see me in EVE (trade one time sink for another).

skipwondah33
07-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Well I can confirm that pausing before the kickoff DOES NOT fix the issue. I've tried to play twice today and have been disconntected both times in the first quarter.

Yeah I figured that. I've tried in games with you and G. Not trying to do that specifically but pausing at the start of the game

fsuprime
07-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I saw that hit up my e-mail this week. Unfortunately, my only current working computer is nowhere near capable of playing EVE. One of the things I might do with my somewhat-extra free time (since I'm barely playing NCAA at this point) is to finally fix my computer. If I do, then you can expect to see me in EVE (trade one time sink for another).
cool just let me know, only have 2.5M SP right now but i got lucky in something called blink which is a micro lottery lol, i have mae 6B ISK so i can pretty much buy whatever ship i need for pvp lol.

JeffHCross
07-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I'm familiar with Blink. Got ridiculously popular ridiculously quickly.

fsuprime
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYGgOXww48

passed, took it in 3 hours with a 6 hour limit lol

Oneback
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
So for the first time since the Wednesday after release I have been able to complete a game online while on wireless...not sure if this means things are getting fixed or not though.

gschwendt
08-01-2011, 05:43 PM
So for the first time since the Wednesday after release I have been able to complete a game online while on wireless...not sure if this means things are getting fixed or not though.
Well, with any internet connectivity, you're opening pandora's box if you play on wireless. Just another variable to cause havoc.

skipwondah33
08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah but it's ridiculous to not be able to get any game in. I am very shocked that we were able to play ours although there were times where normally it would have disco'd.

I'll have to play more games to see

Oneback
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, with any internet connectivity, you're opening pandora's box if you play on wireless. Just another variable to cause havoc.

I agree but previous to today I have only been able to complete 4 games online since release. 3 of those 4 were on wired connections.

skipwondah33
08-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Damn just seen that my 86-rated Center went down with an injury in the sim. Out 5 weeks

gschwendt
08-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Damn just seen that my 86-rated Center went down with an injury in the sim. Out 5 weeks

Not sure if we're honoring them manually or not but this right now, injuries don't carry over properly in ODs. If he shows injured now then I bet next week he'll be back.

skipwondah33
08-02-2011, 09:19 PM
The dipsey-do double paise trick seems to work. I just made it through my second straight user game with no problem. I'll still to play a few more but it definitely is better than what I could do

ryby6969
08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
So how many people are planning on getting Madden? I ask because I know there was discussion in the Madden forum about a TGT OF but have not heard anything else about it so I was wondering if there was a possibility of a "Powerhouse" OF in Madden.

fsuprime
08-11-2011, 02:59 PM
i want to see how much stuff is actually in the online franchise

ryby6969
08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
i want to see how much stuff is actually in the online franchise

My understanding is you will have to use the League Manager website for pretty much everything.

Escobar
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I haven't really gotten into Madden since I switched to the PS3, which is sad because I used to play in weekly Madden tournaments when I was at OU. It just hasn't been the same as the PS2 days. I may try it out this year after I play the demo, and depending on how developed/improved the Franchise mode is.

psusnoop
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I'll be getting Madden, not sure how OF will be but I'm going to be in one with :sf:, jbhuskers, and psuexv.

skipwondah33
08-12-2011, 08:44 AM
That League Manager site is pretty sweet IMO. In a franchise I help run I was in charge of posting up stats, awards, etc. It was very in-depth this past version, so I can only imagine how it will be this version since they have an agreement with EA now.

I'm getting the game but I am already part of 3 leagues in another community.

Ricky008
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Excellent!!! Can not wait more

Change is inevitable... except from (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_change.html)vending machines (http://www.vendingworld.com)

JeffHCross
08-14-2011, 10:26 AM
i want to see how much stuff is actually in the online franchiseBased on what I've read, it's essentially still unchanged since Madden 10.

gschwendt
08-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Just a heads up, something I ran into and didn't realize it actually was an issue but if you complete a game, then go back to the OD and it tries to upload your results, it will say something like Transfer Failed or something like that (looks like this (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-46Dbecm6YKY/Tka2MD4rP7I/AAAAAAAAAMo/HQM1j2z2NW4/s640/photo.JPG)), though you get an email update from the DW website saying it was saved. Even if you get that email, there's a very good chance that it didn't save. Someone brought it to my attention that they've noticed it and my game earlier in this season, I had the same thing happen to me in my game against Toledo. I won something like 24-13 or so and I got that message... I retried 5 times and as a result, I got 5 emails. Looking back though, the game was obviously simmed because now it shows the results as me winning 45-3.

So going forward, if you run into something similar and it never successfully saves the results, if it was against the CPU, I would suggest you consider replaying the game. If it's against another user, then if they successfully uploaded it then I would assume that would cover you just fine.

EA is aware of the issue, Shaun Mason at TraditionSports has been in contact with them. Just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

skipwondah33
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Well damn. I always get nervous after games hoping that it saves. I've had it happen once I believe but I think the game results saved. I never checked though.

gschwendt
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Well damn. I always get nervous after games hoping that it saves. I've had it happen once I believe but I think the game results saved. I never checked though.
Apparently if you go to the "play the game" section in the OD and hit triangle, normally after you finish the game it gives stats, scoring summary, etc. But if you do it after it fails, it instead will show the preview (matchup, stat rankings, etc.) That's one way to know whether it saved correctly or not. I don't know all of this with any great authority, just what I'm reading from other folks. Like I said, I experienced it once but didn't realize I did at the time until I looked back on it.

JeffHCross
08-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Ew. That sounds a lot like the problem that ruined NCAA 10 for me.

Oneback
08-16-2011, 10:30 PM
My game disk is struggling under the weight of all these bugs/issues...I see cracks forming. I really hope patch 2 will be a big enough shovel to remove some of this weight.

fsuprime
08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
sorry i have been so aloof as of late, I just passed my series 66 license exam which was the last one needed to begin working.

Oneback
09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Powerhouse for me is done...if someone would like to take over please let me know. I am done dealing with EA BS.

Papa LoneStar
01-26-2012, 12:57 AM
*taps mic*

I really like this year's crop. I needed some guys in the secondary....and they came through for me. Now it's up to me to reel them in.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah, definitely in love with the CB recruits this year. LB recruits, not so much.

Papa LoneStar
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Definitely....glad I have some young OLBs on the default roster and I signed a pretty good 4* MLB last season....realy like his athleticism.

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Unless I make up some crazy distance on the few I am targeting or something crazy happens in the offseason, I won't be running the 34 next year either. Just don't have the depth at LB.

psusnoop
01-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Unless I make up some crazy distance on the few I am targeting or something crazy happens in the offseason, I won't be running the 34 next year either. Just don't have the depth at LB.

I think I'm going to make the switch this year. I could use a really good OLB, but I have 5 maybe 6 quality LB'rs that I can toy around with this year. I just wasn't feeling it last year but this year I think I'm going to make the switch.

Escobar
01-26-2012, 02:05 PM
If I get the key recruits I want to go along with the young talent I have...look out for Clemson

ryby6969
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
My O-line should be much better this season, as well as my D-line. My LB's are young but fast so we will see how they turn out. The only question on offense I have is how well will Morris play.

DariusLock
01-29-2012, 04:10 PM
You guys got any room?

Oneback
01-30-2012, 06:41 AM
We do, however we just started season two and are in week 2. There are a few teams out in the Pac 12 that you can join or if there is another team you are interested in you'd have to play with them through this season probably entirely against the computer then we can move you to the Pac 12 next year.

DariusLock
01-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Send me an invite so I can check out the Pac 12 teams plz, if not them I'll check out Ok State...and Boise.

psusnoop
01-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Send me an invite so I can check out the Pac 12 teams plz, if not them I'll check out Ok State...and Boise.

Welcome aboard Darius, you'll enjoy it!

Papa LoneStar
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Welcome, D....G might not appreciate you hanging 66 on his team like that....I smell an Oklahoma/Oregon battle in 2013 :D

psusnoop
01-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome, D....G might not appreciate you hanging 66 on his team like that....I smell an Oklahoma/Oregon battle in 2013 :D

:D

ryby6969
02-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey OB, next year if possible could you please make sure I have more home games if at all possible? I only have 4 home games this year, and none after week 8. It will make my recruiting pretty tough going down the stretch. They definitely need to make sure we have more control over the schedules in NCAA 13. We also need to have the ability to set our own rivals. Custom Conferences is a nice feature, but becomes fairly useless if you cannot control these things. Thanks.

Oneback
02-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Hey OB, next year if possible could you please make sure I have more home games if at all possible? I only have 4 home games this year, and none after week 8. It will make my recruiting pretty tough going down the stretch. They definitely need to make sure we have more control over the schedules in NCAA 13. We also need to have the ability to set our own rivals. Custom Conferences is a nice feature, but becomes fairly useless if you cannot control these things. Thanks.

I will do what I can - I'm in the same boat as well. I've only got one more home game this season.

ryby6969
02-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Yeah, this is one thing they really needed to get straightened out for 13'. Thanks man.

JeffHCross
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Ryby, out of curiosity, what would you like to see them add?

ryby6969
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
Just the ability to edit the schedule. My schedule this year I had 6 conference games to open the season. You should be able to manipulate the entire schedule, as well as who rivals are. I am Miami and we are in the Pac 12 now. I play 1 rival this season in week 14 I believe(BC). We should be able to make some of the in-conference teams rivals, because in all reality they are. (USC, Clemson) If they are going to have "have a winning record against your rivals" in the contracts, you should be able to adjust it.

JeffHCross
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I agree with the ability to edit rivals (or have them dynamically change over time). I don't forsee them giving us the ability to edit the entire schedule, but, then again, I have no idea why it was removed starting with the Playstation 2 versions of NCAA.

ryby6969
02-16-2012, 06:31 AM
For me, without the ability for these things it really diminishes the custom conferences feature. If you can change the conferences to the way you want, I should be able to adjust the schedule and rivals also.

JeffHCross
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Or they should adjust on their own, intelligently. It does kind of ruin Custom Conferences, I agree.

Rivalry games hold such an advantage that I wouldn't want to ever be able to adjust the conference schedule. Too many cooks in the kitchen and selfish egos for that.

Now, that said, everything should be changeable in offline.

ryby6969
02-17-2012, 05:28 AM
It should only be able to be changed by the commish in OD's and offline like you state. I know being an tOSU fan, it has to drive you crazy when Mich vs OSU is not in the last week before CCG's. Likewise with Auburn and Bama. Sometimes, when the game happens is as much apart of the rivalry as the teams. When you take that away, you kill some of the realism.

JeffHCross
02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
It drives me crazier in offline than it does in ODs. And at least I can fix that one. Though I don't think I've seen a conference game put after the Ohio State - Michigan game in recent memory.

Papa LoneStar
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Yea...I've messed with custom conferences a TON offline....and the end of season rivals seem to be handled correctly

Escobar
02-22-2012, 02:35 PM
They changed the scheduling this year so certain rivalry games will always be played on the same week of the season, no matter what conferences the teams are in. I moved Texas to the PAC-12 and A&M in the SEC and they still play the last game of the year every year.

JeffHCross
02-22-2012, 09:41 PM
They changed the scheduling this year so certain rivalry games will always be played on the same week of the season, no matter what conferences the teams are in. I moved Texas to the PAC-12 and A&M in the SEC and they still play the last game of the year every year.Now that you mention that ... I don't know how I could forget talking about that with them.

ryby6969
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
So OB, have you thought about what you are wanting to do in NCAA 13(if there will even be a powerhouse) or is it still too early for you to think about it? Reason why I am asking is because I am thinking of starting my own OD on 13 and would like to try something different from what we will be doing in SBCOL and Powerhouse.

Oneback
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
There will be powerhouse in NCAA 13, it'll probably be along the lines of what we've gone with up to now, top level teams in conferences that play a championship game - not sure of the exact setup yet however.

ryby6969
05-13-2012, 05:12 PM
There will be powerhouse in NCAA 13, it'll probably be along the lines of what we've gone with up to now, top level teams in conferences that play a championship game - not sure of the exact setup yet however.

Thanks, just knew you had been extremely busy. Sounds good and look forward too it.

JeffHCross
05-13-2012, 06:59 PM
He'll get suddenly unbusy around release time ;) Or just unbusy enough that we'll have to wait on him every week :D

ryby6969
06-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I am bored, we need to discuss the new game already! :D

Oneback
06-14-2012, 05:34 PM
I am bored, we need to discuss the new game already! :D

Ha - what would you like to talk about...I'm taking launch week off from work. :rock:

ryby6969
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I would, but we are busy at that time. :( Plus I would just be stuck with all the kids! lol

Really just wondering what kind of plans there are as far as teams. Are we going to do a free for all, or a conference theme? Basic stuff, just trying to get some conversation going. :D

Oneback
06-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I would, but we are busy at that time. :( Plus I would just be stuck with all the kids! lol

Really just wondering what kind of plans there are as far as teams. Are we going to do a free for all, or a conference theme? Basic stuff, just trying to get some conversation going. :D

Oh I understand, I technically get unlimited vacation but we are always so busy there is no time to take any - found some time this last week to take a family trip to San Antonio and visit the Alamo and Sea World, then said f-it and took launch week off as well.

As for Powerhouse I am torn - do we go with the model we had this year where we split up into multiple conferences and play more CPU games, I'm leaning towards limiting it to two conferences this year however so we don't have to play as many CPU games. That all depends on how well the CPU can keep up however.

My other thought is to throw everyone in one conference like we did a few years ago with the SEC and we duke it out every week. Seeing that the name is Powerhouse it seems natural to start with top schools in a BCS conference however there is a side of me that wants to build a program as well.

Let me know your thoughts.

ryby6969
06-14-2012, 07:48 PM
I would say no more than 2 conferences, but I would prefer 1 myself. As for teams, we tried middle of the road teams last year and it just seemed like the interest was not the same. I am sure some of that had to do with the transfer fail problems, but people just didn't seem like they had the same "love" for their teams. Regardless, I am down for pretty much anything but a coordinator dynasty as I really dislike those.

I do know one thing, seeing Miami's roster in the run through makes me realize I would have a building job on my hands.

JeffHCross
06-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Ha - what would you like to talk about...I'm taking launch week off from work. :rock:Good news! That means the Dynasty will last for a whole week ;)

psusnoop
06-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Good news! That means the Dynasty will last for a whole week ;)

Burn :D:D

I'd be down for everyone in the same conference. That is a lot of fun and really what competing is all about in an OD for bragging rights.

ryby6969
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I also think it is good to build up some more rivalries. We have some already built, but it would be nice to get some new ones going.

psusnoop
06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
I also think it is good to build up some more rivalries. We have some already built, but it would be nice to get some new ones going.

Agreed and by playing in the same conference that would surely create some intriguing matchups and rivalries.

Oneback
06-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I think from top to bottom the Big 12 conference may be the best conference to put all of us in:

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Christian
Texas Tech
West Virginia

Papa LoneStar
06-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Whatever we roll with....I would love to have a draft....that was pretty fun. My top 4 in the Big XII would be Texas, Oklahoma State, TCU, then Baylor.

JeffHCross
06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
I think from top to bottom the Big 12 conference may be the best conference to put all of us in:I call Collin Klein, I mean K-State.

ryby6969
06-15-2012, 11:20 PM
We only going with 10 users? The SEC is not bad top to bottom now with Mizzou and aTm in there. Again, I am good with whatever we decide.(as long as it is 1 conference :D) It would suck to get stuck with Iowa St or Kansas in the Big 12.

Oneback
06-16-2012, 06:42 AM
We only going with 10 users? The SEC is not bad top to bottom now with Mizzou and aTm in there. Again, I am good with whatever we decide.(as long as it is 1 conference :D) It would suck to get stuck with Iowa St or Kansas in the Big 12.

The SEC is a player as well...

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Mississippi State
Missouri
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas A&M

Kentucky
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt

Papa LoneStar
06-16-2012, 10:22 AM
LSU/Arkansas/Mississippi State is my top 3 there....but if we're drafting....and I get #1....Bama it is....lol

Papa LoneStar
06-16-2012, 10:24 AM
We could take Kentucky/Vanderbilt/Ole Miss out and add Texas, Florida State, and Miami so we can REALLY get nasty

ryby6969
06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
In the SEC I would look at Georgia/LSU/Auburn maybe. If we did a Big 12 we could replace ISU and Kansas with Neb and Iowa. We could also add Mizzou and the Aggies back to is also. Just some thoughts. I only refuse to use 4 teams. UF, FSU, ND, and tOSU. :D As long as it is balanced, I am good with it. It would suck if someone had a 2* and others had 5* and 6* teams.

JeffHCross
06-17-2012, 12:49 PM
We only going with 10 users?For the love of pete, I would hope that we would add two teams to get the Big XII back to, y'know, 12 ;)

Escobar
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM
If we choose SEC I would go with A&M. If we go with the Big XII I would go with 1. OU 2. TCU

psuexv
06-18-2012, 08:53 AM
In case you guys didn't see this, here are the team rankings going into the season

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5135-Team-Ratings-and-Top-25-in-NCAA-Football-13&p=142334&viewfull=1#post142334

psuexv
06-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Wisconsin
B10

Michigan
B10

Ohio State
B10

Michigan State
B10

Iowa
B10

Nebraska
B10

Penn State
B10

Northwestern
B10

Purdue
B10

Illinois
B10

Indiana
B10

Minnesota
B10

Texas
B12

Oklahoma
B12

Oklahoma State
B12

TCU
B12

Kansas State
B12

Baylor
B12

Texas Tech
B12

West Virginia
B12

Iowa State
B12

Kansas
B12

LSU
SEC

Alabama
SEC

Georgia
SEC

Arkansas
SEC

South Carolina
SEC

Auburn
SEC

Texas A&M
SEC

Florida
SEC

Missouri
SEC

Tennessee
SEC

Mississippi State
SEC

Kentucky
SEC

Ole Miss
SEC

Vanderbilt
SEC

Oregon
PAC12

USC
PAC12

Utah
PAC12

Stanford
PAC12

Washington
PAC12

UCLA
PAC12

Arizona State
PAC12

Cal
PAC12

Arizona
PAC12

Colorado
PAC12

Oregon State
PAC12

Washington State
PAC12

psuexv
06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
The SEC might be the most balanced.

gschwendt
06-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd vote for 1-2 conferences but not restrict us to real-world conferences. If ryby wants Miami and prime wants FSU, go for it. That way, I don't have to worry about Papa getting Alabama or LSU while I'm stuck with Missouri or Mississippi State.

psuexv
06-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I'd vote for 1-2 conferences but not restrict us to real-world conferences. If ryby wants Miami and prime wants FSU, go for it. That way, I don't have to worry about Papa getting Alabama or LSU while I'm stuck with Missouri or Mississippi State.

I agree G, I'd be all for what we've done in the past and moving teams around. I'd be willing to stick with USC if that's that case :)

Also, as much as I think one conference would be cool, we do have to realize it's probably not going to move as fast with that many user games.

ryby6969
06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I have no problem if we do a theme and I do not get Miami. My big thing is getting stuck with a 2* team while 2+ people have 6*s and it takes until the end of the dynasty to become "competitive".

psusnoop
06-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I have no problem if we do a theme and I do not get Miami. My big thing is getting stuck with a 2* team while 2+ people have 6*s and it takes until the end of the dynasty to become "competitive".

Completely agreed.

The pace would certainly be affected by the conference alignment but so would the enjoyment of creating rivalries and knowing each week that it's a big week. No more 8-9 CPU wins a year, no more like ryby had last year 1 user game for the championship.

We need everyone to have a certain level of attachment though to their teams so that each of us keeps the competitive itch there.

Oneback
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
6-Star Teams:

LSU,99,92,97,6
Oregon,99,94,95,6
Texas,99,91,99,6
USC,99,99,91,6
Alabama,97,92,95,6
Michigan,97,94,91,6
Notre Dame,97,94,95,6
Oklahoma,97,95,93,6
Ohio State,95,89,95,6
Auburn,93,89,91,6
Florida,91,84,93,6

5-Star Teams:
Wisconsin,99,97,95,5
Clemson,97,95,91,5
Florida State,97,92,95,5
Georgia,97,95,91,5
Arkansas,95,95,87,5
Oklahoma State,95,92,91,5
Virginia Tech,95,88,99,5
Stanford,93,91,89,5
TCU,93,94,87,5
Miami (FL),91,88,89,5
Nebraska,91,91,87,5
Boise State,89,89,82,5
Penn State,89,86,89,5

ryby6969
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Completely agreed.

The pace would certainly be affected by the conference alignment but so would the enjoyment of creating rivalries and knowing each week that it's a big week. No more 8-9 CPU wins a year, no more like ryby had last year 1 user game for the championship.

We need everyone to have a certain level of attachment though to their teams so that each of us keeps the competitive itch there.

I completely agree. I would be willing to play a season less if it meant being in the same conference and not having to play so many cpu games. I also agree about people using teams they have a connection with. I like having a conference theme just because it means we are all in the same general area, which makes recruiting even that much more important. When you start pulling teams from one side of the country to another, the recruiting battles are not near the same as they would be. Just my two cents.

ryby6969
06-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Hell, we could basically do a 6* dynasty with one team taking a 5*. There are a few 5*'s that are better than a couple 6*'s. Or just do a 5* dynasty. I guess first we have to find out who is in, and go from there.

Papa LoneStar
06-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Goodness....Texas with 99 D....I know those DBs are filTHY....if Oneback wants to roll with the Longhorns again....*cough*LSU*cough* :))

Oneback
06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I may be up for running with the Longhorns again.

psusnoop
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
If E takes USC I think I'll run with Oregon. I say this because he needs some recruiting battles out west right from the start. I've never played with them either.

But if we decide to run one conference that's cool too. Just let me know.

ryby6969
06-18-2012, 08:01 PM
I am not sure who I will use. It of course will depend on what stipulations we decide, but Georgia is pretty intriguing to me. Of course, Miami is always a definite possibility. Hell, I might just choose Bama! :D

JeffHCross
06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Hell, we could basically do a 6* dynasty with one team taking a 5*. There are a few 5*'s that are better than a couple 6*'s. Or just do a 5* dynasty. I guess first we have to find out who is in, and go from there.That's what I was just thinking ....

Personally, one thing I'd like to see us avoid is teams that are dominant in recruiting. Maybe with the dynamic pitches this will change this year, but USC dominates California, Texas dominates Texas, Ohio State dominates Ohio ... and it's damned impossible to compete with any of those teams, really.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if we didn't allow ourselves to take the "top" team in a state, and see if the CPU could recruit against us.

gschwendt
06-18-2012, 09:26 PM
As far as conference setup... I say we either go with two 9 team conferences or one 16 team conference. With a 9 team, it ensures that you play each player in the conference. With the 16 team conference, it ensures you play everyone in your division plus two cross-divisional opponents.

Oneback
06-19-2012, 08:11 AM
I think my top 3 choices would be Texas/Alabama or Wisconsin. Alabama's already setup for my multiple pro one back offense and 34 defense - I guess we'll see once I get my hands on the game.

psuexv
06-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd say my top choices are USC, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Florida. USC kind of scares me a little since playing with them 3 years in a row now they don't have much after Barkley leaves and unlike the other years I was able to pull a decent QB recruit early and let him get better before Barkley left.

psuexv
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
So Jeff..... does this mean you are back in? If so I want a home/home with whoever you pick :)

Kingpin32
06-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I missed you guys. Is it cool if I come back in??

Oneback
06-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I missed you guys. Is it cool if I come back in??

I think we may be able to work something out. :easy:

psuexv
06-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Who do we know who is in so far? I'm assuming everyone that is posting is in so....

Oneback
G
Jeff
Ryby
Snoop
Papa
Kingpin
Escobar
Psuexv

That's 9. 3 more spots :up:

Papa LoneStar
06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Texas, LSU, Arkansas, or Oklahoma State

gschwendt
06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Auburn, Michigan, Florida, Virginia Tech

Oneback
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Who do we know who is in so far? I'm assuming everyone that is posting is in so....

Oneback
G
Jeff
Ryby
Snoop
Papa
Kingpin
Escobar
Psuexv

Anyone y'all would recommend for the final three spots?

Kingpin32
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
My top choices would be Oregon, TTU if we're doing an all Big 12, or Arkansas.

texacotea
06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Anyone y'all would recommend for the final three spots?

patiently waiting for someone to mention my name.......G, Papa........anyone

gschwendt
06-19-2012, 02:50 PM
patiently waiting for someone to mention my name.......G, Papa........anyoneI'd rather have someone better.

psuexv
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Oneback
G
Jeff
Ryby
Snoop
Papa
Kingpin
Escobar
Psuexv

We should get ahold of Tex

I did like 4 posts ago :)

Oneback
06-19-2012, 03:20 PM
So that's 10

ryby6969
06-19-2012, 05:42 PM
LSU, Auburn, Miami, Georgia, Bama would be my choices. If G and Papa take LSU and Auburn and OB takes Texas, I would roll with Bama. Hell, honestly I will have to check out the rosters first. My only problem with Miami is they will be really young and it will take a few years to get them competitive. Especially since we have 33 incoming freshman this season.

ryby6969
06-19-2012, 05:55 PM
BTW OB, I PM'd razor and also have another guy who said he would join if it is okay. You guys might have watched his vids as it is nykia31. I told him to check out the section over here.

gschwendt
06-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I'd certainly be cool with Razorback rejoining. I don't know nykia but I have seen his videos and he appears as though he would be a good addition.

ryby6969
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I am in a Madden OF on OS with him and he is a good GM on there. He is a die hard ND fan. I guess nobody is perfect! :D

Oneback
06-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I'd be good with either.

psusnoop
06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I've watched his vids and think he'd fit in well. Razor well I owe him so he better be back haha.

:smh: I guess I actually owe a lot of people right now. :fp:

ryby6969
06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
After last year, I would say so. You had a tough year snoop.

Oneback
06-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I've watched his vids and think he'd fit in well. Razor well I owe him so he better be back haha.

:smh: I guess I actually owe a lot of people right now. :fp:

You don't owe me anything - I'll keep taking!

psusnoop
06-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Lol last year was about as low as I would ever like to get wow.

Hey is NY.... Forget his name already a member here? If not lead him here and get him contributing.

JeffHCross
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
So Jeff..... does this mean you are back in? If so I want a home/home with whoever you pick :)I think it's pretty much a given that if I have the game, I'll be playing in Powerhouse. And I mean that for any version. :D

Escobar
06-19-2012, 10:22 PM
The teams I would play with in no particular order are, Oregon, Michigan, Oklahoma, TCU, Virginia Tech, aTm, Utah.

texacotea
06-20-2012, 08:13 AM

Oneback
G
Jeff
Ryby
Snoop
Papa
Kingpin
Escobar
Psuexv

I think you inserted it :D because it isnt in this post....

I'd rather have someone better.

This is uncalled for.

I wouldnt mind playing with South Carolina but my I will be behind the 8 ball in recruiting when it comes to it. I also like the 2 conf idea and maybe have a bowl with the 2 conf playing each other.

Oneback
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I think if we we're to do two conferences it would be best to pick two that do not currently have 12 members, that way we don't have to split the 6 users up between the 2 divisions.

Papa LoneStar
06-20-2012, 01:57 PM

PsuExv also mentioned via text....you are loved and adored.

texacotea
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
PsuExv also mentioned via text....you are loved and adored.

Thank you sir, G is a hater.

razorback44
06-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry everyone, I have been slammed at work with a big project and didn't realize this thread was up. I am definitely interested in coming back if there is a spot for me available. Just let me know!

Thanks ryby for the heads up!

ryby6969
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Sorry everyone, I have been slammed at work with a big project and didn't realize this thread was up. I am definitely interested in coming back if there is a spot for me available. Just let me know!

Thanks ryby for the heads up!

No problem man. I think everyone agreed on you coming back. You just have to list some teams you are interested in using.

On a side note, what are everyone's feelings on the gameplan settings and run/pass commit?

gschwendt
06-20-2012, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't object to outlawing the Gameplan settings... only concern is how to monitor it.

As for run/pass, I don't mind the pass commit but I never use the run commits.

Papa LoneStar
06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I always do conversative for big hits, stripping, and recently interceptions (Arizona in SBCOL). Helps tone down the stupid cpu plays and I've still been able to do my user thing with those settings in gameplan.

As far as run/pass commit....never use run due to the results of picking wrong....and I will admit....I'm the pass commit king....lol

ryby6969
06-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I just think the settings are very unbalanced in general. I ALWAYS put fumbles and catching on conservative, and there is really no downside. If I fumble more than 2 or 3 times a season, it is a miracle. I also run for over 2,000 yards so there really is no downside. I would say just leave them all on balanced.(minus tempo at the end of games)

As far as run vs pass commit, it just seems like there is no real downside to pass committing every play. I just think if there is no downside to something, it is too unbalanced and should not be used. I will go with the majority. Not saying I have not used it, as I do, especially in passing situations. Just saying I would not be opposed to doing away with them.

razorback44
06-20-2012, 05:21 PM
No problem man. I think everyone agreed on you coming back. You just have to list some teams you are interested in using.

On a side note, what are everyone's feelings on the gameplan settings and run/pass commit?
Off that list of 6* and 5* teams, I would be most interested in using Arkansas, Oklahoma St, Penn St or Boise St.

nykia31
06-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey guys!!! <waves>

Just registered. looks like good stuff! Should be fun :nod:

ryby6969
06-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Off that list of 6* and 5* teams, I would be most interested in using Arkansas, Oklahoma St, Penn St or Boise St.

Pick your poison.

psusnoop
06-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey guys!!! <waves>

Just registered. looks like good stuff! Should be fun :nod:

Welcome to the site!! It is a fun league for sure.

Also are we drafting for teams once again after we decide the setup?

texacotea
06-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Im for outlawing run/pass commit, I do use pass some Mostly on 3rd downs but im ok with outlawing it.

South Carolina/Oregon/Okie st/ Penn St

Oneback
06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the site!! It is a fun league for sure.

Also are we drafting for teams once again after we decide the setup?

We'll be drafting, although it's interesting to see everyone's thoughts on what team they'd like to use. Although I guess if everyone picks a team they are happy playing with and there aren't any duplicates we could move forward without a draft as well.

Up to y'all.

Escobar
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm cool with banning the Pass/Run Commits, but Gameplanning I have no problem against users using.
I put my Zone Coverage on aggressive because when I play people who throw shallow crossing routes my linebackers will be closer to the line of scrimmage instead of backing up to the first down marker like they usually do. Or I will adjust it back to balanced on 3rd downs or if I am playing someone who likes to throw alot of deep routes. On defense the option play setting also helps in determining how you want to play the option plays, you can make adjustments to how a user plays. On offense I change my tempo, because I run an uptempo offense and tell my receivers to get open because I hate when they run a route and just stand there. I was always taught to keep moving or find space.
The only one I disliked is the strip ball one, because some people would leave it on aggressive all game and get dumb amounts of fumbles.

Escobar
06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
When will we decide what conferences to use? That's how I'll pick my team, because I prefer to use a team that is already in whatever conferences we decide.

gschwendt
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
The ones I hate are:

Conservative Carry (as mentioned, you never fumble)
Aggressive Defensive Line (jump the snap)
Aggressive Strip Ball (very little penalty)
Aggressive Big Hits (very little penalty)
Aggressive Interceptions (not near enough penalty)

ryby6969
06-20-2012, 08:15 PM
The ones I hate are:

I agree. These are the ones that really alter ratings for the most part and give guys a "boost" to their ratings. The different ones Escobar mentioned do not really affect a players ratings.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't mind banning game-planning, I rarely use it myself.

I also don't mind banning run/pass commit. Over the last 2 years I've gotten almost completely out of the habit of pass committing because as it was mentioned it really doesn't have any bad outcomes from it. You can still play the draws, the WR Screens, the HB Screens really well when maybe you shouldn't by committing to it. Especially on 3rd and 8+.

Picking the conference or conferences will go a long way to many of us determining which team we want to run with.

texacotea
06-21-2012, 07:06 AM
I don't mind banning game-planning, I rarely use it myself.

I also don't mind banning run/pass commit. Over the last 2 years I've gotten almost completely out of the habit of pass committing because as it was mentioned it really doesn't have any bad outcomes from it. You can still play the draws, the WR Screens, the HB Screens really well when maybe you shouldn't by committing to it. Especially on 3rd and 8+.

Picking the conference or conferences will go a long way to many of us determining which team we want to run with.

This....I think it will determine wether we need a draft or not. Looks like everyone is just picking teams out of those said conf.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 07:43 AM
I agree, deciding on conference(s) will be the main factor for who I pick along with what teams everyone else picks.

Oneback
06-21-2012, 07:43 AM
The ones I hate are:

I agree with this, Big Hits and Strip Ball are the two that frustrate me the most, I am good without using game planning as I rarely use it - the only items I would use is conservative break tackle and catch but this was only to combat my opponent using Big Hits and Strip Ball.

Oneback
06-21-2012, 07:45 AM
I agree, deciding on conference(s) will be the main factor for who I pick along with what teams everyone else picks.

Well I guess in order to decide on a conference we first need to decide if we are moving forward with one or two conferences. So with that - everyone make their vote.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 08:05 AM
I vote for 1 Conference

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
I vote for 2... my schedule is going to be busier this summer and fall but that said, if we do go with 1 I shouldn't have any problem keeping up.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 08:24 AM
I vote for 1. My schedule will suck during the fall but I will makes sure to make time.

razorback44
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM
I vote for 2.

However, I will be fine with either way.

psuexv
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I vote for 2 with the condition that we do conferences without 2 divisions so all of the users in that conference have to play each other. Or I guess we make sure they are in the same division. And I say we have the 2 conferences have a bowl tie-in.

texacotea
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I vote for 2 also, will keep the league moving at a quicker pace IMO

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Updated voting

4 votes for 2 conferences

2 votes for 1 conference

Remaining voters:
Oneback
Papa
Escobar
NY
JeffH
???LMAO who am I missing for the 12th or do we even have a 12th? Sorry to whomever I'm missing I'm drawing a blank.

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Kingpin is #12

Also, if we went with 2 conferences, I'm the same as Eric that I want two 9 team conferences ensuring you have to play everyone in your conference giving everyone at least 5 UvU games per season.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Kingpin is #12

Also, if we went with 2 conferences, I'm the same as Eric that I want two 9 team conferences ensuring you have to play everyone in your conference giving everyone at least 5 UvU games per season.

Thanks!

It appears headed towards the 2 conferences and I'd agree with what Eric and G are mentioning as the set up of those 2 conferences.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah, if we do go with 2 conferences(looks likely) then that would be the way to go. Honestly, we could figure out what conferences to use if we chose 1 or 2 conferences regardless. If you cannot tell, I am antsy to get going as I find it damn near impossible to play 12 anymore so I am bored. :D

psuexv
06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Just pulling together what everyone has posted so far with the teams they are looking at. Does seem to be heavy SEC and Big 12. I say we put 6 teams in the SEC West and put 6 teams in the Big 12 and go from there. Some conference realignment would need to take place.

OB

Texas
Alabama
Wisconsin

Tommy
Auburn
Michigan
Florida
Virginia Tech

Jeff

Ryby
LSU
Auburn
Miami
Georgia
Bama

Snoop
Oregon

Papa
Texas
LSU
Arkansas
Oklahoma State

Kingpin
Oregon
Texas Tech
Arkansas

Escobar
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
TCU

Psuexv
USC
Virginia Tech
Georgia
Florida

Tex
South Carolina
Oregon
Oklahoma State
Penn State

Nykia

Razorback
Arkansas
Oklahoma St.
Penn State
Boise State

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Nykia said he would take ND if he could have them. Not sure what other choices he has.

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Based on E's chart, here's a potential team breakdown

Oneback - Alabama
gschwendt - Auburn
JeffHCross - Ohio State?
Ryby - LSU
Snoop - Oregon/Penn State?
Papa - Texas
Kingpin - Oregon/Texas Tech
Escobar - Texas A&M
psuexv - USC
texacotea - South Carolina/Oklahoma State
nykia - Notre Dame
razorback - Arkansas

Damn it would suck to be in the SEC West based on that lineup :whoa:

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 10:56 AM
:nod:

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:18 AM
I'll add some other teams in case I don't land Oregon.

Oregon
Georgia
Florida
Michigan

I'm going to steer clear of PSU this year. I've been running with them for so long it's time for a change.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:22 AM
I'll add some other teams in case I don't land Oregon.

Oregon
Georgia
Florida
Michigan

I'm going to steer clear of PSU this year. I've been running with them for so long it's time for a change.

:up: That is another reason I am staying away from Miami. You have to change it up sometimes.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Snoop, UF is calling your name so you can join us in the SEC!

psuexv
06-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice work G, you beat me to it. People need to stay out of my office :)

Oklahoma is not on that list so someone could take them to stay with the original Big 12 teams.

Kingpin32
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I think I'll steer clear of TTU. It's gonna be hard trying to recruit the benefits of going to Lubbock. But I wouldn't mind Georgia if we go Big XII/SEC.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Snoop, UF is calling your name so you can join us in the SEC!

I think I'd pick Georgia actually out of the two of them, sure Florida would be a little easier to recruit with but I have always liked the Bulldogs and this year would be the year to run with them.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
I think I'll steer clear of TTU. It's gonna be hard trying to recruit the benefits of going to Lubbock. But I wouldn't mind Georgia if we go Big XII/SEC.

KingPin, do you want Oregon or Georgia? I'll let you pick then I will.

psuexv
06-21-2012, 11:30 AM
This looks like a good line up

SEC West

Oneback
Alabama

Gschwendt
Auburn

Ryby
LSU

Tex
South Carolina

Razorback
Arkansas

KingPin
Georgia

Big 12

Papa
Texas

Escobar
Texas A&M

Jeff
OSU?

Nykia
ND

Psuexv
Oklahoma

Snoop
Oklahoma State

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Or give snoop Oregon instead of Okie St.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM

I'm looking at the teams right now :D

psuexv
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Yeah I was just trying to stay with as many original teams as possible. Maybe Jeff would want Ok State and Snoop could take Oregon.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, it would be nice for someone to have OK and Okie St. Nice little rivalry there.

psuexv
06-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it would be nice for someone to have OK and Okie St. Nice little rivalry there.

And who better than Snoop and I :D

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Hell, we should just all be independents! ;)

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
And who better than Snoop and I :D

Oregon would be the better choice for what I want to run, but if JeffH doesn't want Okie St. I'll run with them because they need to be in the game.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Oregon would be the better choice for what I want to run, but if JeffH doesn't want Okie St. I'll run with them because they need to be in the game.
Nah man, if you want Oregon and Kingpin is okay with Georgia, roll with Oregon. We can create our own rivalries whether the game recognizes them or not. Pick a team to fit the style you want to run.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Nah man, if you want Oregon and Kingpin is okay with Georgia, roll with Oregon. We can create our own rivalries whether the game recognizes them or not. Pick a team to fit the style you want to run.

I don't think I would ever pass up the chance to have Eric has a rivalry game that is an actual rivalry game. :D

I can recruit my style at Okie. St., I'd have 2 years to recruit what I want to get to at QB and already would have 2 very good RB's. Defensively I haven't even looked at either team :D:D

psuexv
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Well I've never really known you to run the spread option. :dunno: I'd take Okie State if Oklahoma better fits your needs :)

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I've never really known you to run the spread option. :dunno: I'd take Okie State if Oklahoma better fits your needs :)

I haven't but I've been toying around with it more and more and I think this is as good of a time to try it out.

I can't let you have Okie. St. and those HB's, not a chance. If JeffH doesn't want them I'll run with them.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
What snoop is trying to say nicely is that his offense was so bad last year, it cannot be any worse running the spread option this year! :D

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
What snoop is trying to say nicely is that his offense was so bad last year, it cannot be any worse running the spread option this year! :D

As long as it doesn't take 3 quarters to get started I'll try anything :D:D

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
As long as it doesn't take 3 quarters to get started I'll try anything :D:D

Probably a good thing you will not play in the SEC this year then. :P

Oneback
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I like the SEC/Big 12 match up, I think I'd almost rather play with Texas however.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 12:25 PM
I like the SEC/Big 12 match up, I think I'd almost rather play with Texas however.

Well we certainly can't let Papa have Bama then :D:D

Who wants Bama?

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I like the SEC/Big 12 match up, I think I'd almost rather play with Texas however.Well, in that case you and Papa can handle that with fisticuffs and post it to Youtube.

psuexv
06-21-2012, 12:34 PM

Well we certainly can't let Papa have Bama then :D:D

Who wants Bama?

Well, in that case you and Papa can handle that with fisticuffs and post it to Youtube.

I'm not going to lie. I'd rather have Papa have Texas. There was just something satisfying about beating him when he was playing with his Longhorns. :D

texacotea
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Man with the lineup in the SEC that is there, I may have to go with Florida. Recruiting against those guys and actually having a fighting chance will be heck.

Kingpin32
06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
KingPin, do you want Oregon or Georgia? I'll let you pick then I will.
I'm more familiar with Oregon, so out the 2 I would pick them.

Kingpin32
06-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Buut if OK State is on the table, I'll take them and you can have Oregon Snoop.

Papa LoneStar
06-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Haha....I wouldn't want Bama again....I do NOT need the pressure of trying to live up to that 10 run. If Oneback settles on the great Longhorns....I'll run with Georgia.

Papa LoneStar
06-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh yea....I vote for 1 conference.

psuexv
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
I think we might just have to draft teams :D

psuexv
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh yea....I vote for 1 conference.

So that puts us at 4-3 with 2 conferences with a slight lead.

If we went with 1 conference I say we run with the SEC.

psuexv
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I actually just realized that in my little conference breakdown I put A&M in the Big 12 :fp:

Kingpin32
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I like the 2 conference idea. We might not break a tie if there's 12 people lol.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
I would roll with Bama.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Hell, if we wanted to use the B1G 10 instead of the Big 12 I would roll with Michigan.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Based on E's chart, here's a potential team breakdown

Oneback - Texas
gschwendt - Auburn
JeffHCross - Ohio State?
Ryby - Bama
Snoop - Oregon
Papa - LSU
Kingpin - Okie St
Escobar - Texas A&M
psuexv - OK
texacotea - Florida
nykia - Notre Dame
razorback - Arkansas

Damn it would suck to be in the SEC West based on that lineup :whoa:

Based on the latest talk, this is what we have right now. Is everyone fine with these teams? I guess Jeff is the only one who has not chimed in yet on who he wants.(assuming Kia still wants ND)

Also, it seems as though we are all okay with outlawing run/pass commit and limiting gameplanning to certain things like coverage and option tactics.

Oneback
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I'll let Papa have the Longhorns then, I'll take Bama

psuexv
06-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Based on the latest talk, this is what we have right now. Is everyone fine with these teams? I guess Jeff is the only one who has not chimed in yet on who he wants.(assuming Kia still wants ND)

Also, it seems as though we are all okay with outlawing run/pass commit and limiting gameplanning to certain things like coverage and option tactics.

I say we draft, IMO. We've had a lot of back and forth with people switching teams and such that it's probably the best option.

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I agree with a draft. A lot of opinions may change once they have the game in their hand.

ryby6969
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
LOL, yeah.

psusnoop
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree with a draft. A lot of opinions may change once they have the game in their hand.

That is a good idea.

We have the members and we can pick the order at any point and then we can set a timeline for users to choose their teams.

Papa LoneStar
06-21-2012, 04:06 PM
That's cool....it was pretty exciting looking at rosters and running practice mode before last year's draft. It should be a LOT easier making my "preferred team" ranking list

JeffHCross
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Just pulling together what everyone has posted so far with the teams they are looking at. Does seem to be heavy SEC and Big 12. I say we put 6 teams in the SEC West and put 6 teams in the Big 12 and go from there. Some conference realignment would need to take place.

Jeff

Well, obviously, posting teams when we haven't even decided a conference is kinda pointless. But FWIW ...
I call Collin Klein, I mean K-State.

But it totally depends on what teams we're picking from. If it's just straight up Powerhouse teams, then yes, I'm most likely to go with my Buckeyes.

This looks like a good line up

SEC West

Big 12Obviously the easiest thing, when you have a bunch of teams coming from those conferences, is to leave them there. I'm good with that. But I'd encourage us to think about removing enough CPU controlled teams to get both conferences down to a single division. I believe 10 teams uses a 9-game conference round-robin schedule in the game. My reasoning is that if you have two divisions, and one of those divisions is totally CPU, then you've guaranteed a CPU opponent in the conference championship.

Personally, I'd rather not see a user win a tough division, then get an "easy" CPU opponent in the CCG with a possible trip to the MNC game on the line.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 10:55 AM
So when are we gonna figure out the draft order? :D

gschwendt
06-22-2012, 10:57 AM
So when are we gonna figure out the draft order? :DWhoever gets the game first is obviously the biggest fan, therefore they should get first pick. Then whoever gets it next, and so on.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Ass! :D

I think all Game Changers/Community Day attendees should be forced to have their own draft to decide who gets the last picks. You guys get to practice early so should get the worst picks!

Kingpin32
06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Ass! :D

I think all Game Changers/Community Day attendees should be forced to have their own draft to decide who gets the last picks. You guys get to practice early so should get the worst picks!

And everybody that has the Season Pass too! So that should leave me with the first pick.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
And everybody that has the Season Pass too! So that should leave me with the first pick.

Nah, cheap asses automatically get last pick, even before CD guys! :D

Kingpin32
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
:fdown:
Nah, cheap asses automatically get last pick, even before CD guys! :D

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
I am so bored I have been forced to play MW3! :(

Papa LoneStar
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I say you go by Powerhouse OD national championships since NCAA 10....gives a 3 year amount of data and we should reward the top guys who have shown the type of consistency and passion for the great history of this OD

Kingpin32
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I say you go by Powerhouse OD national championships since NCAA 10....gives a 3 year amount of data and we should reward the top guys who have shown the type of consistency and passion for the great history of this OD

Soooooo basically you want the entire draft.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I say we go reverse order from last years! ;)

Oneback
How about by random draw.

Oneback
I say we go reverse order from last years! ;)

So I get the #2 pick.

Kingpin32
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
How about by random draw.

I concur.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
So I get the #2 pick.

Actually, I would! ;)

Oneback
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll be using http://www.random.org/lists/

I'll do a screen recording of it as well.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
It doesn't matter if you still get #1. We will know it is rigged! :D

Escobar
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Y'all threw me with A&M, but I picked them to use if I have to pick an SEC team. If I can get a Big XII team I would prefer OU or TCU.

ryby6969
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
We are doing a draft anyway Escobar.

Papa LoneStar
06-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Will be nice to see the screen recording....will make it feel like the NBA daft lottery without the fix

psusnoop
06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
That will be nice, live stream even better :up:

nykia31
06-23-2012, 12:27 PM
I'll be down for a draft. Just be warned, that anyone who picks Notre Dame will be killed. :nod:

As far as making decisions about the use of game plan features, I'm in the camp that commits, and aggressive settings are guilty until proven innocent.

Once we get the game and play each other in some screw around games, we'll be able to see if they are the over powered circus that they have been in the past.

If, by some surprise, they are not, we can then come to some kind of agreement as to their use.

ryby6969
06-23-2012, 01:23 PM
So, when is the draft? :D

psusnoop
06-23-2012, 05:21 PM
So, when is the draft? :D

:dunno:

Oneback
06-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drRAUSVc96I

Draft Order:

psuexv
nykia
Oneback
razorback
Papa
JeffHCross
Ryby
gschwendt
Snoop
Escobar
texacotea
Kingpin

ryby6969
06-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I demand a recount! :D

Kingpin32
06-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Welp, let me get my bribe money ready.

ryby6969
06-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Welp, let me get my bribe money ready.

Told you cheap asses draft last! :D

Papa LoneStar
06-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be ahead of me in the draft order :nod:

texacotea
06-23-2012, 08:48 PM
really??? this is outrageous. Best 2 of 3?

psusnoop
06-23-2012, 09:15 PM
really??? this is outrageous. Best 2 of 3?

Sitting at 9 I'll probably have my choices still available. Wish I was number 1 though and could run with Bama for an OD haha

ryby6969
06-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Someone tell E to hurry up and make his pick! :D

Kingpin32
06-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I know that at least one of my choices will be gone. Maybe even both of them.

gschwendt
06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Preview of the results.

psuexv - USC
nykia - Notre Dame
Oneback - Texas
razorback - Arkansas
Papa - LSU
JeffHCross - Ohio State
Ryby - Auburn?
gschwendt - Michigan/Florida
Snoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M/Oklahoma
texacotea - Oklahoma State
Kingpin - Georgia?

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Alabama go undrafted.

ryby6969
06-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Preview of the results.

psuexv - USC
nykia - Notre Dame
Oneback - Texas
razorback - Arkansas
Papa - LSU
JeffHCross - Ohio State
Ryby - Auburn?
Snoop - Oregon
Kingpin - Georgia?

Wishful thinking. :D

nykia31
06-23-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm willing to trade down. :D

psuexv
06-23-2012, 10:56 PM
With Nykia sitting at 2, I really should just grab ND :D

ryby6969
06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
We know that wont happen, you are a PSU fan.

razorback44
06-24-2012, 01:47 AM
I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be ahead of me in the draft order :nod:
No kidding. Barring something absolutely crazy happening, we could probably just skip straight to your pick.

texacotea
06-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Preview of the results.

psuexv - USC
nykia - Notre Dame
Oneback - Texas
razorback - Arkansas
Papa - LSU
JeffHCross - Ohio State
Ryby - Auburn?
Snoop - Oregon
Kingpin - Georgia?

That would be nice..Just vote them out. Ill start 1 vote for no bama

psusnoop
06-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Preview of the results.

psuexv - USC
nykia - Notre Dame
Oneback - Texas
razorback - Arkansas
Papa - LSU
JeffHCross - Ohio State
Ryby - Auburn?
Snoop - Oregon
Kingpin - Georgia?

My preview

psuexv- Alabama
nykia- Notre Dame
Oneback- Texas
Razor- Arkansas
Papa- LSU
Jeff H- Ohio State
Ryby- USC
Gschwendt- Auburn
psusnoop- Oregon
Escobar- Oklahoma
Tex- Michigan
Kingpin- Georgia

ryby6969
06-24-2012, 08:14 AM
That would be nice..Just vote them out. Ill start 1 vote for no bama

If you do that then you also need to take Texas out. They are just as easy to recruit with as Papa proved 2 years ago. If we start doing that, then we need to just ban all 6* teams.

psuexv
06-24-2012, 09:09 AM
My preview

psuexv- Alabama
nykia- Notre Dame
Oneback- Texas
Razor- Arkansas
Papa- LSU
Jeff H- Ohio State
Ryby- USC
Gschwendt- Auburn
psusnoop- Oregon
Escobar- Oklahoma
Tex- Michigan
Kingpin- Georgia

Lol, little inside information, Snoop? Personally I'd like to see us stick as close to teams from the conferences that we choose as possible.