PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

psusnoop
06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Lol, more gut then inside information.

I'd be up for that too but I don't want to be dominated by taking a lesser team then someone else jut to maintain conferences. Fine balancing act there.

Also I dot want to see any team taken off the board. All teams are options IMO.

ryby6969
06-24-2012, 10:49 AM

I'd be up for that too but I don't want to be dominated by taking a lesser team then someone else jut to maintain conferences. Fine balancing act there.

:up:

psuexv
06-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Agree, but I think Florida, Ok St and A&M are definitely teams that can be competitive.

Ryby wants rivalry games and that's the best way.

ryby6969
06-24-2012, 12:14 PM
The best way would be all in one division, but rivalry games do not matter if the user loses interest. And A&M cannot compete with Texas and Ok in recruiting. Florida is 6*, and Okie St is questionable if they can compete.

psusnoop
06-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Agree, but I think Florida, Ok St and A&M are definitely teams that can be competitive.

Ryby wants rivalry games and that's the best way.

I agree with ryby here, A&M can't keep up with Texas and Oklahoma right off the start recruiting wise, same with Okie. State in my opinion. The Gators certainly could and there a team of interest.

Oneback
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
I agree, A&M doesn't have the talent to compete in the SEC and if you're not winning recruiting could get difficult - its very hard to catch up once you've fallen behind in this OD. That being said Alabama, Florida and Texas are on my radar, Florida and Texas are virtually the same team offensively and defensively (heck this year even scheme wise in real life), both are in great recruiting states as well. Bama is coming off a MNC, has great talent and is located right in the middle of SEC recruiting country. It really comes down to - do I want to compete against the top teams that are going to get snatched up quickly or do I want to roll with my Longhorns. If Alabama is gone by my pick the decision for me may be the ratings of David Ash (UT QB) ve Jeff Driskel (UF QB). The pull of the Longhorns and their stable of running backs may be tough to overcome however.

texacotea
06-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I agree, A&M doesn't have the talent to compete in the SEC and if you're not winning recruiting could get difficult - its very hard to catch up once you've fallen behind in this OD. That being said Alabama, Florida and Texas are on my radar, Florida and Texas are virtually the same team offensively and defensively (heck this year even scheme wise in real life), both are in great recruiting states as well. Bama is coming off a MNC, has great talent and is located right in the middle of SEC recruiting country. It really comes down to - do I want to compete against the top teams that are going to get snatched up quickly or do I want to roll with my Longhorns. If Alabama is gone by my pick the decision for me may be the ratings of David Ash (UT QB) ve Jeff Driskel (UF QB). The pull of the Longhorns and their stable of running backs may be tough to overcome however.

This is my argument here. Granted this is POWERHOUSE and we are playing with big time schools but the difference between the top 6 so to speak and the bottom 6 is night and day. But if the top 6 guys get the big guys in recruiting areas (texas,bama,florida,so cal) its going to be a uphill climb for the guys who are on the tail end of the draft. I dont mind losing at all but if can get stale doing it week in and week out because of the way I have been out recruited throughout the weeks. just my 2 cents

Papa LoneStar
06-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Texas, LSU, or Georgia....come on dowwwwnnnnnnnn

Oneback
06-24-2012, 11:04 PM
This is my argument here. Granted this is POWERHOUSE and we are playing with big time schools but the difference between the top 6 so to speak and the bottom 6 is night and day. But if the top 6 guys get the big guys in recruiting areas (texas,bama,florida,so cal) its going to be a uphill climb for the guys who are on the tail end of the draft. I dont mind losing at all but if can get stale doing it week in and week out because of the way I have been out recruited throughout the weeks. just my 2 cents

It can be hard yes, impossible no. The last time we used SEC schools I was playing with Tennessee and I think it was year three before I was able to build a team capable of beating Papa and the vaunted Crimson Tide, however once I did I was in the MNC, which I lost.

There are 11 6-star teams all of which have the ability to recruit nationally at the same level. Florida State and Georgia are at the same level as the 6-star teams talent wise and posses the same recruiting draw. Wisconsin may not have the recruiting draw of some of the other schools but no one will want to face them, g got them two years ago and their line (as always) was down right nasty. My point being that there are a lot of options - the problem with A&M is at the very least they are a 4-star team who hasn't done much since RC Slocum left, just had a ton of talent depart and are moving to arguably the toughest conference in the land, not a good combo. But there are 13+ schools on equal footing this year.

Kingpin32
06-24-2012, 11:05 PM
So are we picking just SEC Big XII teams, or any school?

Oneback
06-25-2012, 12:24 AM
So are we picking just SEC Big XII teams, or any school?

I'm good with any school, We'll fit them into the conferences after we draft.

psusnoop
06-25-2012, 07:06 AM
I agree with Oneback on this one. You have to have all the teams available.

If you take out the top 6 then teams 7 though 13 will have just the same decisive advantage over teams 14-20 that teams 1-6 had over 7-13. Just my 2 cents.

ryby6969
06-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I am on board with both of you. If we were going to start banning 6* teams, we would need to ban all of them. I know it is tough to go against the top teams, but is doable if you win enough and pick your battles in recruiting. I would pick Miami again, but I just want a change of pace because it gets stale using the same team every year. To be honest though, with this many quality teams and users, recruiting will be tough for every team regardless.

gschwendt
06-25-2012, 08:47 AM
To be clear, I wasn't advocating banning any teams... just simply that I wouldn't object if Alabama went undrafted :)

ryby6969
06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Only cause your pick sucks! :P

gschwendt
06-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Only cause your pick sucks! :PNo... I was saying in my mock draft, they went undrafted based on how everyone called out their teams previously. If they fell to me, I wouldn't take them unless all four of my previous picks were already drawn. I prefer to have a bit of a challenge and they wouldn't offer up much of a challenge.

ryby6969
06-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I wont lie, it they fall to me I will damn sure take them! lol

psusnoop
06-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I wont lie, it they fall to me I will damn sure take them! lol

OK so I can officially cross off Alabama from my list of potential teams picking in the #9 slot.

ryby6969
06-25-2012, 09:12 AM
OK so I can officially cross off Alabama from my list of potential teams picking in the #9 slot.

No problem, but I think that should have been a given! ;)

Kingpin32
06-25-2012, 09:39 AM
If we go by Snoop's mock draft, then Okie State should drop down to me. If not, then well I need to look at some rosters.

nykia31
06-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I should just throw a monley wrench into everything and take 'Bama :D

Papa LoneStar
06-25-2012, 01:09 PM
lol....Notre Dame is NOT a slouch....97 ovr....6* prestige....somebody would settle for that depending on the pipeline states *cough*me*cough* lol

Kingpin32
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
lol....Notre Dame is NOT a slouch....97 ovr....6* prestige....somebody would settle for that depending on the pipeline states *cough*me*cough* lol
Naw man, go ahead and go with your original pick. I need all the help I can get at pick 12.

psusnoop
06-25-2012, 02:58 PM
ND wouldn't make it past 9 :D

Oneback
06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Notre Dame may not make it past 3 - Brian Kelly is a family member of mine.

razorback44
06-25-2012, 03:29 PM
No kidding? That is pretty sweet.

Oneback
06-25-2012, 03:54 PM
No kidding? That is pretty sweet.

Yeah, he is married to my Aunt Paqui.

Kingpin32
06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
I feel like whoever I pick up at 12 is gonna have a chip on their shoulder.

razorback44
06-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, he is married to my Aunt Paqui.
Nice. Have you ever got to talk shop with him?

JeffHCross
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I agree, A&M doesn't have the talent to compete in the SEC and if you're not winning recruiting could get difficultThere is a distinct part of me that wants to say "challenge accepted". There is a reason I moved from Ohio State to A&M on NCAA 11, after all. With Papa and Oneback picking in front of me, that may distinctly influence what I do.

nykia31
06-26-2012, 09:36 PM

Can I marry into the family?

Anyway...when are we drafting?

Oneback
06-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Can I marry into the family?

Anyway...when are we drafting?

Best guess right now would be Friday after release unless everyone feels comfortable doing so earlier.

JeffHCross
06-26-2012, 10:25 PM
I'd appreciate a little more time than Friday. Doesn't need to be much, but I'll have a friend in town until that Friday, so my game time will be limited until Friday night.

Oneback
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd appreciate a little more time than Friday. Doesn't need to be much, but I'll have a friend in town until that Friday, so my game time will be limited until Friday night.

Let me know how much time you'd need, I'd like to get started by the Sunday after launch - I figured since we will start seeing ratings tomorrow via TeamBuilder we'd be able to narrow down our top selections by launch date.

psuexv
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Let me know how much time you'd need, I'd like to get started by the Sunday after launch - I figured since we will start seeing ratings tomorrow via TeamBuilder we'd be able to narrow down our top selections by launch date.

Assuming we have rosters by then, right?

psusnoop
06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd be shocked if we don't have them by Friday Saturday at the latest.

JeffHCross
06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Let me know how much time you'd need, I'd like to get started by the Sunday after launch - I figured since we will start seeing ratings tomorrow via TeamBuilder we'd be able to narrow down our top selections by launch date.I shouldn't need much more than that. Anytime during the weekend should suffice. My friend leaves Thursday evening, so I should have Thursday night + Friday night to get a handle on the teams. I might even be ready by Friday night if I can decide what kind of offense I want to run before then :D

Besides, thinking out loud, it's not going to be like we're going to all hop on here at the same time -- like the Offseason or the Madden Fantasy Draft -- we can have a little while between draft picks in this case. So it's possible I won't roll around to my pick until Saturday anyway.

To that end, if you wanted to "kick off" the draft Saturday morning, instead of Friday night, that should allow me plenty of buffer.

ryby6969
06-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Based on what I am seeing in teambuilder, some of the teams we were discussing really have no advantage except for maybe in recruiting. The depth on the big schools(Bama and LSU in particular) are not nearly as overrated as usual. The soph and fresh are not 80+ like they normally are. Most are in the low 70's to high 60's which is a very good thing IMO.

Oneback
06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Based on what I am seeing in teambuilder, some of the teams we were discussing really have no advantage except for maybe in recruiting. The depth on the big schools(Bama and LSU in particular) are not nearly as overrated as usual. The soph and fresh are not 80+ like they normally are. Most are in the low 70's to high 60's which is a very good thing IMO.

I'm not sure how accurate those rosters are as its still showing players on Texas' roster like it was on NCAA 12.

ryby6969
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
I am talking about the Demo teams OB. ND is stacked with some of the best Freshman I have seen so far. I was not sure if Texas was updated, but the demo teams are as well as certain other teams.

razorback44
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Is teambuilder live now?

Kingpin32
06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Is teambuilder live now?

I don't think so. It's still 2012 stuff.

ryby6969
06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
They just pulled it down. It was up for a few hours.

ryby6969
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Honestly, the best looking team on TB is ND. Quite a few VERY good Freshmen on the team. It seems as though they have adjust the way they rate players, and I love it. No more 85-90 overall sophomores on the elite teams. Will make recruiting matter from season 1 on.

Escobar
06-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Looking at the rosters, I would be pretty happy with whoever I get out of my teams. Leaning heavily toward the SEC though so I can use TCU in my OD.

Kingpin32
06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Looking at Georgia, and they look solid. I'll have to recruit for my future gameplan though.

Papa LoneStar
06-29-2012, 08:30 AM
If Texas' offensive line plays like they are rated in this game....I'll be a happy man. Texas & LSU remain my top 2....with a handful of 3rd options.

psuexv
06-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Ah the hell with it, let's get it started. Since I'll be pissed if someone else plays with them..........

With the first pick in the 2013 draft, psuexv selects........

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001108911/USC20Song20Girls_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

texacotea
06-29-2012, 09:24 AM
lets get it

gschwendt
06-29-2012, 09:26 AM
nykia takes Notre Dame
Oneback takes Texas
razorback takes Arkansas

Papa Lonestar is now on the clock

:cool:

psuexv
06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
nykia takes Notre Dame
Oneback takes Texas
razorback takes Arkansas

Papa Lonestar is now on the clock

:cool:

Papa takes LSU, next :whistle:

razorback44
06-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Works for me.

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Anybody trying to trade down?

texacotea
06-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I do believe that the only one who doesnt know is Jeff.

psuexv
06-29-2012, 11:43 AM
I do believe that the only one who doesnt know is Jeff.

We can just give him Bama, it will at least make him somewhat competitive :)

Papa LoneStar
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Don't just hand Oneback Texas....he really loves the Bama personnel offensively and especially on defense.

Papa LoneStar
06-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I'll trade down....but I have to be guaranteed the Longhorns + a ROBERT Griffin clone as a....hmmmm....sophomore.

ryby6969
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
You are not even guaranteed the Longhorns with the pick you have, let alone the last pick! :D I really hope it does not get to Jeff and stops for 2 weeks! :(

Oneback
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm still torn between Bama and Texas, I'm breaking out the spreadsheets to calculate which team would be better for me.

ryby6969
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I am actually quite shocked how bad Bama's front 7 will be in season 2.(barring recruiting results) They have quite a few Freshman on the 2 deep that will have to start in the 2nd year.

Oneback
06-29-2012, 02:06 PM
That's actually my biggest concern with taking Bama, I'm like 95% sure I'm taking Texas, not not totally there yet - there are a few dark horses.

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I gotta go in depth with my choice too. Basically I know Oregon is gonna be off the board. OK State could potentially be there, and I know Georgia will most likely be there. But with Georgia, I wouldn't be able to run my Spread Option immediately.

Oneback
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I gotta go in depth with my choice too. Basically I know Oregon is gonna be off the board. OK State could potentially be there, and I know Georgia will most likely be there. But with Georgia, I wouldn't be able to run my Spread Option immediately.

That's part of it as well - in some respects I want to get away from the ground and pound style I've been using and get back to the Air Raid style I used back in the PS2 days, the good thing is aside from a top level QB, Texas allows me to do that.

ryby6969
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Why would you not be able to do that with Georgia? Murray is a beast!

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
That's part of it as well - in some respects I want to get away from the ground and pound style I've been using and get back to the Air Raid style I used back in the PS2 days, the good thing is aside from a top level QB, Texas allows me to do that.
Exactly. I'm so torn, but I'm also at the mercy of the draft too.

ryby6969
06-29-2012, 02:25 PM
I just have to wait on my turn! :(

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Why would you not be able to do that with Georgia? Murray is a beast!

He's not as fast on the game as he seems IRL. Of course I'm basing this on just looking at ratings. If I think I can be successful immediately then I'll still run it.

ryby6969
06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
He has 77 speed but also 91 acc not to mention he can throw the hell out of the ball. Add to that a nasty stable of HB's and they would work nicely in the spread option. You may have to get QB quick just in case he leaves early, but they have been a darkhorse for me for a long time.

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 02:32 PM
He has 77 speed but also 91 acc not to mention he can throw the hell out of the ball. Add to that a nasty stable of HB's and they would work nicely in the spread option. You may have to get QB quick just in case he leaves early, but they have been a darkhorse for me for a long time.

Right. Hopefully you don't take them off my list :D

ryby6969
06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
They are down my list, but are definitely in the running. I LOVE their speed at LB along with the depth at HB.

texacotea
06-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I think I may have who I want, but im just hoping they are there.

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
I log into PSN to see G playing the game already. I want to unfriend him.

gschwendt
06-29-2012, 05:23 PM
<insert haters gonna hate gif here>

souljahbill
06-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I log into PSN to see G playing the game already. I want to unfriend him.

Yeah, I see Tommy and JB playing right now.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/05/hatereagle.jpg

nykia31
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Drom Roll Please...

NOTRE DAME!

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I see Tommy and JB playing right now.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/05/hatereagle.jpg

I'll wear that hater badge with pride.

souljahbill
06-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I'll wear that hater badge with pride.

Trust me, I'm wearing it too.

razorback44
06-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm going to be busy today and tomorrow but if it gets to my pick and I'm not around obviously I want Arkansas. If by some odd stroke of bad luck Papa takes Arkansas with his pick then I would like Okie State. Just don't want to hold everyone up if it gets to me.

texacotea
06-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm going to be busy today and tomorrow but if it gets to my pick and I'm not around obviously I want Arkansas. If by some odd stroke of bad luck Papa takes Arkansas with his pick then I would like Okie State. Just don't want to hold everyone up if it gets to me.

Cant happen when he picks after you

Papa LoneStar
06-29-2012, 08:34 PM
*clears throat* Oneback....text me your address if you have the game and the hours of operation for gameplay

razorback44
06-29-2012, 09:13 PM
:D. Awkward.....

ryby6969
06-30-2012, 10:32 AM
OB, quit playing and pick your team! :D

Oneback
06-30-2012, 01:10 PM
OB, quit playing and pick your team! :D

With the 3rd pick in the 2012 Powerhouse Online Dynasty, Oneback selects.....

Papa LoneStar
06-30-2012, 01:46 PM
With the 3rd pick in the 2012 Powerhouse Online Dynasty, Oneback selects.....

Alabama!

Papa LoneStar
06-30-2012, 01:47 PM
If I'm lucky enough to run with Texas....Connor Brewer will be my starter....86 power, 89 accuracy....I'll take that compared to Ash/McCoy' ratings.

Oneback
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.metallixrefining.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/texas_2653.gif

razorback44
06-30-2012, 02:00 PM
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/LM/LMXVDPZJCORTITS.20110509205216.png

ryby6969
06-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Papa needs to come in and make it official he is taking LSU.

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I assume we're just shitting around, or are you guys legitimately picking?

ryby6969
06-30-2012, 05:15 PM
They are really picking.

psusnoop
06-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Hmm interesting thus far. I may be a real Georgia lean here and it's looking ok thus far. Oregon, Georgia....man I like this.

Papa LoneStar
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
With the 5th pick of the 2012 Powerhouse Online Dynasty draft....Papa LoneStar selects....

http://lsusaints.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/lsu+tiger+eyes1212869183.jpg

....the Tigers of Louisiana State University.

psusnoop
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Nice pick!

psusnoop
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh man, love this pace. Can't wait to see the best available at #9

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Best guess right now would be Friday after release unless everyone feels comfortable doing so earlier.So much for "Friday after release" or "unless everyone feels comfortable". :D :D :D :D :D

We're all just sheep following Eric!

Now we wait two weeks :P

I really hope it does not get to Jeff and stops for 2 weeks! :(You get your wish ;) You guys are nuts if you think I'm going to pick a team without the game (or at least all in-game information) in my hands.

psuexv
06-30-2012, 06:05 PM
JHC on the clock :)

ryby6969
06-30-2012, 06:09 PM
That is what Teambuilder is for Jeff. If we were using the bad teams okay, but we are using the best teams in the game.

psuexv
06-30-2012, 06:12 PM
We're all just sheep following Eric!

This!!! :+1:

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 06:13 PM
That is what Teambuilder is for Jeff.Teambuilder only tells you the roster. There's more to the Dynasty than just the roster. And I don't find it extremely easy to tell how good at team is based on Teambuilder, especially since they've obviously made changes to either how OVR is calculated or the "normal" range of OVRs. What I know from past editions isn't lining up with how good these teams are supposed to be.

Not to mention today is the first time I've had time to actually go onto Teambuilder :P

ryby6969
06-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Actually, I think they have just dropped players ratings across the board. You had to have had a top 3 coming into it. Teambuilder only tells ratings yes, but what else do you need to know? tOSU is a 6* and has B+ to A+ in everything! :D

ryby6969
06-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed that in the rosters on TB that quite a few of the freshmen(especially LB) have VERY low agility ratings? I am talking in the 60's low.

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 09:15 PM
tOSU is a 6* and has B+ to A+ in everything! :DIf I was just comparing the usual suspects, you're right. But I've been looking at some outside the usual suspects.

But no, I didn't have a Top 3. A) No time. B) No time. C) Two weeks!

texacotea
06-30-2012, 10:20 PM
:down:

psusnoop
06-30-2012, 11:27 PM
:down:

:+1:

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 11:47 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2011/02/fh1goodell.jpg
With the #6 pick in the Powerhouse NCAA Football 13 draft, Coach JeffHCross picks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvyknw4VClE
http://bama1.com/Roll%20Tide.gif

Papa, I'll see you in Baton Rouge.

psusnoop
06-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Nice pick Jeff!

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Arkansas....Alabama....prepare to call me "DADDY."

gschwendt
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Ryby is on the clock.

razorback44
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Arkansas....Alabama....prepare to call me "DADDY."
Looks good in red.

http://sports-at-work.com/images/The_Boot.jpg

Oneback
07-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Crazy that Bama lasted till 6th.

psusnoop
07-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Crazy that Bama lasted till 6th.

No kidding

texacotea
07-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Good Job Jeff, the peer pressure really took a toll on you....

ryby6969
07-01-2012, 08:36 AM
With the 7th pick in the 2012 Powerhouse Dynasty draft, Coach ryby selects:

ryby6969
07-01-2012, 08:38 AM
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/auburn.jpg

G, you are on the clock! Let the SEC battle begin soon!

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Good Job Jeff, the peer pressure really took a toll on you....Less peer pressure, more impending guilt of holding up everyone else :D Once I eliminated the "non-usual suspects" that I was considering, it was pretty easy to decide between Bama and Ohio State via Teambuilder. Helped that Bama is in the demo.

gschwendt
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0p8Cr.jpg

Snoop is up.

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Oh, screw you. :D

gschwendt
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I played for the Wolverines back in 4th grade (flag football) and have been somewhat of a fan since. I'd say they come just behind Auburn, though both are well distant behind Arkansas State. Added that I love RichRod's offensive style and Michigan is still setup well to run it, it was an easy choice.

I had hoped to use them two years ago but Oneback stole them from me.

ryby6969
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Well, since Jeff took Bama it was between Georgia, Auburn, and Michigan for me. I took Auburn so I could recruit the south hard against Bama!

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Debating between setting up an annual series with M*ch*g*n versus never playing you. :D

psusnoop
07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
With the 9th overall selection Coach psusnoop selects.......

:Oregon:

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Arkansas....Alabama....prepare to call me "DADDY."If I didn't already think EA needed to bring back EA Bio, this would remind me that I'd LOVE to know our head2head record.

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Escobar is on the clock

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
If I didn't already think EA needed to bring back EA Bio, this would remind me that I'd LOVE to know our head2head record.

I have a pretty good memory.

Your record:

NCAA 09: 0-2
NCAA 10: 0-1
NCAA 11: 0-4
NCAA 12: 0-0

psuexv
07-01-2012, 06:01 PM
So far it looks like Texas, Michigan, USC, ND, and Oregon in the non SEC conference. Yikes

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a pretty good memory.

Your record:

NCAA 09: 0-2
NCAA 10: 0-1
NCAA 11: 0-4
NCAA 12: 0-0 While I know you beat me more often than not, it hasn't been THAT bad.

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I might've short-changed myself in NCAA 09 :P

Escobar
07-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Let's Gig 'Em

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-UDKBLTLfhwQjiEWjlAOKma1DwAJE3u7ZixfVCZewyqpsSyFMht tp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFuK7UY5aAn4o07ePfk48QQ_OpG1xcY yy9SRVhUyIlYUeKd0vHFg

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Nassssty....loving all the potential rivalries

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I was hoping G ran with OU again so I can be almost guaranteed to see the Red River Shootout every Powerhouse season on Youtube....but after looking at Michigan's roster....I can't blame him. Now I'm hoping for Tex to grab the Buckeyes.

psusnoop
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
This is going to be an all out war each and every season

psuexv
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Really surprised nobody has grabbed the Sooners yet.

gschwendt
07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I used Oklahoma on 12 so I wanted somewhere new.

Tex said he'd post whenever he gets home after while.

texacotea
07-01-2012, 08:59 PM
With the 11th pick in the powerhouse draft Texacotea selects:

texacotea
07-01-2012, 09:00 PM
http://cycling.org.ohio-state.edu/images/OSULogo.jpg

Will continue the great rivalry with G and take back dominance of this rivarly....Ill do my best Jeff

souljahbill
07-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll have to keep tabs on this dynasty because it looks like its gonna be war.

Kingpin32
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/10/1002_power100/image/03_david_stern.jpg

And with the 12th and final pick of the 2013 Powerhouse Draft, Kingpin selects:

http://youtu.be/DsHBxdCLTMw

http://blog.newsok.com/photo/files/2010/11/BEDLAM-FOOTBALL.jpg

gschwendt
07-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Draft so far:

psuexv - USC
nykia31 - Notre Dame
Oneback - Texas
razorback44 - Arkansas
Papa Lonestar - LSU
JeffHCross - Alabama
ryby6969 - Auburn
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

*edit... ninja'd

Lots of rivalries all over. Not sure who Georgia would have as a rival (Alabama? Auburn?) but regardless it's going to be a fight every UvU game. Not sure how the conference break downs will go. If Kingpin does go Georgia then that leaves 6 natural in the SEC but if he goes out of SEC, then the debate on whether to put TAMU in the SEC or the Other.

Kingpin32
07-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I clearly just had to make things complicated.

Escobar
07-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I picked A&M to stay in the SEC...

psuexv
07-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Might as well throw Texas in the SEC to keep the Texas/A&M rivalry :)

Escobar
07-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Might as well throw Texas in the SEC to keep the Texas/A&M rivalry :)
:up:

Kingpin32
07-01-2012, 10:41 PM
That's what I was thinking. Oneback would just have to schedule the Red River Shootout if we do that.

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 10:59 PM
We could turn the SEC and B1G into two 10 team conferences and REALLY get down. At least 5 user games per season and both conference champions can earn berths to the Rose Bowl or something.

gschwendt
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Should be two 9 team conferences... With 10 team conferences, you're not guaranteed to play everyone in conference I don't believe.

Papa LoneStar
07-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I just assumed 10 team conferences would play 9 conference games....ala Big 12-2

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Will continue the great rivalry with G and take back dominance of this rivarly....Ill do my best JeffHey, if it doesn't work, you could always pick Appalachian State.

JeffHCross
07-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Should be two 9 team conferences... With 10 team conferences, you're not guaranteed to play everyone in conference I don't believe.Last year they said that a 10-team conference would play a 9-game conference schedule. Not every real life 10-team conference follows that method, but that's what the blog said.

Now, if we wanted to go 9-teams to give us a little more free play on OOC scheduling, I'm okay with that.

We could turn the SEC and B1G into two 10 team conferences and REALLY get down.Hmmm ... good idea ... I wonder why nobody had that idea before ........................................

Obviously the easiest thing, when you have a bunch of teams coming from those conferences, is to leave them there. I'm good with that. But I'd encourage us to think about removing enough CPU controlled teams to get both conferences down to a single division. I believe 10 teams uses a 9-game conference round-robin schedule in the game. My reasoning is that if you have two divisions, and one of those divisions is totally CPU, then you've guaranteed a CPU opponent in the conference championship.

Personally, I'd rather not see a user win a tough division, then get an "easy" CPU opponent in the CCG with a possible trip to the MNC game on the line.

Kingpin32
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Hey, if it doesn't work, you could always pick Appalachian State.

Or Toledo.

psusnoop
07-02-2012, 12:18 AM
I'll have to keep tabs on this dynasty because it looks like its gonna be war.

This is going to be fun. Lol

Escobar
07-02-2012, 03:06 PM
ditto

ryby6969
07-02-2012, 03:15 PM
So, how are the conferences going to shake out?

Kingpin32
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
We'll probably need to hire a mathematician to figure it all out.

psuexv
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Well we definitely keep the SEC teams together so right off of the bat we have

Bama
LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Texas A&M

Like I said I think we should probably put Texas in to keep that A&M rivalry game.

The other conference would shake out with

USC
Oregon
Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio State
Oklahoma State

Probably don't want to split up Michigan and OSU to keep that rivalry. Also would want ND paired with Michigan and USC to keep those rivals and even though it's not a rivalry game probably should have Oregon and USC stay together. Okie State is the only one that doesn't have a true rival but they won't in the SEC either.

Basically we need to decide between Texas and Okie State and which groups to put them with.

Kingpin32
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
What if we used the B1G as the other conference, and then split us up in the 2 divisions?

gschwendt
07-02-2012, 04:04 PM
What if we used the B1G as the other conference, and then split us up in the 2 divisions?
No divisions.

razorback44
07-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't know if they kept it that way this year but in previous years version's on the game Texas has also been a rivalry game for Arkansas despite the fact that we have only played them 3 times in the last 20 years.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-Hub5xlTHbw/SMb87PAhtVI/AAAAAAAAAB8/1AGz7W0djCA/s400/MattJones.jpg

ryby6969
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
It does not matter who is in the SEC, because Auburn will dominate the SEC by year 3! Once I get my guys in here, it is gonna be all over! ;)

Papa LoneStar
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Yep....in NCAA 2012....Texas/Arkansas was considered an official rival by the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszLa0AhBxI

razorback44
07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Great game! Sucks we lost but it is definitely one of the best of all time. I still hear stories from friends/family that attended it and talk about how amazing the atmosphere was.

Oneback
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
So I am working on the conferences, its going to take quite a bit of realignment but here's what I've got so far:

ACC
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
South Florida
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forrest
West Virginia
Duke
East Carolina

Big East
Army
Boston College
Cinncinnati
Connececticut
Maryland
Navy
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
Syracuse
Buffalo
Umass

Big 10
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Big 12
Baylor
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oregon
Oregon State
Southern Cal
Texas
Texas Tech

Conference USA
TCU
Houston
North Texas
Rice
SMU
Texas State
Tulsa
UTEP
UTSA
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Louisville

Mid American
Marshall
Memphis
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
Akron
Ball State
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent State
Miami U
Northern Illinois
Ohio
Temple
Toledo
Western Michigan

Mountian West
Air Force
Boise State
Brigham Young
Colorado
Colorado State
Utah
Utah State
Wyoming

Pac 12
Arizona
Arizona State
Cal
Stanford
UCLA
Washington
Washington State
SDSU
Hawaii
Fresno State

SEC
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Tennessee
Texas A&M

Sun Belt
Arkansas State
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
La Tech
South Alabama
Southern Mississippi
Troy
Tulane
U La La
U Monroe
UAB

Wac
Idaho
Nevada
New Mexico
New Mexico State
San Jose State
UNLV

Thoughts?

ryby6969
07-02-2012, 08:14 PM
TCU and Stanford will dominate the CUSA and Pac-12 every year and have very good chances of being undefeated.

souljahbill
07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
:Southern_Miss:
SunBelt Champs!

gschwendt
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
South Alabama isn't in the game this year.

JeffHCross
07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Oneback, IMO you don't need to go out of your way to change every conference. Though I know you will anyway :D

Kingpin32
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Am I the only one that laughed at U La La?

JeffHCross
07-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I did. :D

gschwendt
07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
It's pronounced ooh La La.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Oneback, IMO you don't need to go out of your way to change every conference. Though I know you will anyway :D

I know, but once you make changes to the 4 biggest conferences you've got to start finding places to put the left over teams.

souljahbill
07-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Am I the only one that laughed at U La La?

It's pronounced ooh La La.

I got my Master's degree from UL and was cool with the SID when I was there (I was a graduate assistant athletic trainer from 03-05). They HATE being called or identified as "Ooh La La." They were very specific in their branding. They want(ed) to be called UL-Lafayette. They don't even like ULL.

psusnoop
07-03-2012, 07:03 AM
I thought we were going to shoot for 9 teams in each Conference to assure that we played each User?

souljahbill
07-03-2012, 07:29 AM
I thought we were going to shoot for 9 teams in each Conference to assure that we played each User?

You'd probably never have a PvP national championship game like that.

razorback44
07-03-2012, 08:40 AM

I thought we voted on it and split conferences was the winner?

gschwendt
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I thought we voted on it and split conferences was the winner?
No, the vote was whether it would be two 9-10 team conferences or one 16 team conference. I believe the two conferences won.

psusnoop
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM
No, the vote was whether it would be two 9-10 team conferences or one 16 team conference. I believe the two conferences won.

Correct, I just thought we were using 9 team conferences over 2 10 team conferences :dunno:

gschwendt
07-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Looks like with 10 team conferences you also play everyone... just depends on whether we want 4 OOC games or 3.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?440-NCAA-Football-12-Blog-Custom-Conferences

9 schools – 8 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

10 schools – 9 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

psusnoop
07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Looks like with 10 team conferences you also play everyone... just depends on whether we want 4 OOC games or 3.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?440-NCAA-Football-12-Blog-Custom-Conferences

9 schools – 8 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

10 schools – 9 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

I missed this, good to know.

psuexv
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd be fine with 3 OOC games. I would want to play 2 out of Stanford, Cal and UCLA and then one user OOC *cough*LSU*cough*

Oneback
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd be fine with 3 OOC games. I would want to play 2 out of Stanford, Cal and UCLA and then one user OOC *cough*LSU*cough*

Yeah, I was good with 3 OOC games as well, one will probably be Oklahoma another will probably be Arkansas if Razorback is up for it (maybe not every year) and the third will be a tune up game.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Yeah, I was good with 3 OOC games as well, one will probably be Oklahoma another will probably be Arkansas if Razorback is up for it (maybe not every year) and the third will be a tune up game.

Kingpin32
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
3 OOC games is good with me. We only have 2 rivals, so it's not a big deal of who I get to play against.

psuexv
07-03-2012, 12:03 PM
another will probably be Arkansas

Unless you put yourself in the SEC.

razorback44
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm down with playing Texas yearly. I wish we would do it in real life as we'll personally.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Unless you put yourself in the SEC.

Why do you want me out of the Big 12? If you haven't noticed Texas pretty much owns the Big 12 :). It should be named the Big 12 presented by The University of Texas.

gschwendt
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Because if you're out of the Big 12, then I run the table every season :easy: (minus possibly nykia since we've never played)

psuexv
07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Why do you want me out of the Big 12? If you haven't noticed Texas pretty much owns the Big 12 :). It should be named the Big 12 presented by The University of Texas.

Actually I thought we were doing the Big Ten? I was proposing it so that A&M and you would have actually rivalry games in conference. If you want to run with the big boys though that's fine ;)

psuexv
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
USC - Psuexv
Notre Dame - Nykia
Ohio State - Tex
Oregon - Snoop
Okie State - Kingpin

Because if you're out of the Big 12, then I run the table every season :easy: (minus possibly nykia since we've never played)

Yeah I don't think so.

gschwendt
07-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I stand by my statement. :cool:

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2012, 01:06 PM
USC - Psuexv
Notre Dame - Nykia
Ohio State - Tex
Oregon - Snoop
Okie State - Kingpin

Yeah I don't think so.

Looks like an easy undefeated season to me. :P :D

Papa LoneStar
07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I have my money on LSU vs tOSU for the national title in year 1.

Kingpin32
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I stand by my statement. :cool:
Booooooo

Kingpin32
07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Wait I forgot I'm in the SEC. Carry on G.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Actually I thought we were doing the Big Ten? I was proposing it so that A&M and you would have actually rivalry games in conference. If you want to run with the big boys though that's fine ;)

Hey, I don't feel the need to beat down on the little sisters of the poor, aTm ran away to the $EC so they could pay their bills. :sarcasm:

texacotea
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I have my money on LSU vs tOSU for the national title in year 1.

I like this guy ^^^^^

texacotea
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Wait I forgot I'm in the SEC. Carry on G.

No you were right in saying that.

psusnoop
07-03-2012, 04:19 PM
New season this year boys. Time to ruin some dreams and make Nike proud!

ryby6969
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I like how Auburn is just forgotten about! Quite a bit of disrespect being shown around here. We will do our talking on the field. Hopefully OB doesn't win a National Championship against the CPU and then "not have time" to continue to play this year! :P I cannot wait until I can make a REAL custom playbook this season.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuh3q9kkb4

Kingpin32
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I plan on ending dreams this year.

JeffHCross
07-03-2012, 09:20 PM

I missed this, good to know.You guys clearly have me on ignore. I said that two (three now) pages ago! :D

( Side note, if it wasn't for TGT copying/pasting most of the articles, we'd have no way to go back and look at blogs from years past. That sucks. )

Thoughts?You have Pittsburgh and Syracuse both in the Big East twice. You don't know how to spell Connecticut.

As you said though, that's a ton of realignment. If you'd like, I could put together something to try to minimize the number of changes. I'd be less concerned about making the CPU conferences "fair" than you probably are, most likely, but unless we stack every Top 25 team in one conference, I don't see that as a big problem.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
You guys clearly have me on ignore. I said that two (three now) pages ago! :D

( Side note, if it wasn't for TGT copying/pasting most of the articles, we'd have no way to go back and look at blogs from years past. That sucks. )

You have Pittsburgh and Syracuse both in the Big East twice. You don't know how to spell Connecticut.

As you said though, that's a ton of realignment. If you'd like, I could put together something to try to minimize the number of changes. I'd be less concerned about making the CPU conferences "fair" than you probably are, most likely, but unless we stack every Top 25 team in one conference, I don't see that as a big problem.

I was actually trying to be more regional with the conferences.

Oneback
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
So Jeff has pulled off the decision 2012 and has decided to move from Alabama to FSU...so that means Bama is up for bids.

This means that the following coaches have a chance to claim Bama (in order):

ryby6969 - Auburn
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

If Bama is picked up that coaches team will become available until we get to the end of the list....so go!

gschwendt
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm going to be out of pocket tomorrow so if Ryby responds, I plan to stick with Michigan... want to keep my rivalry matchup with tex.

ryby6969
07-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Yes I will switch. Hopefully someone will take Auburn so there will be that rivalry.

Oneback
07-04-2012, 06:37 AM
ryby6969 - Alabama
gschwendt - Michigan

Left to pick.
psusnoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

Auburn is on the block.

psusnoop
07-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm going to stick with Oregon.

psuexv
07-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm going to be out of pocket tomorrow so if Ryby responds, I plan to stick with Michigan... want to keep my rivalry matchup with tex.

Really putting the pressure on Tex to stay with OSU :)

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes I will switch.I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

Oh, and this is overdue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4vMQX5-2Tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_vpfblTqng

Oneback
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
ryby6969 - Alabama
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon

Left to pick.
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

Auburn is on the block.

Kingpin32
07-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm sure I'll be staying with OK State.

Papa LoneStar
07-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Dang....I just knew I had the LSU-Bama game on lock....now I'll have to fight for it. Time to reschedule my big recruiting weekend....:P

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm sure FSU will be in the SEC :P

Papa LoneStar
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
True....but a huge recruiting weekend in the Bayou vs 7-5 Florida State won't get the recruits buzzing. I'll just bring 'em to the Ole Miss game.

psusnoop
07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
BURN lolol

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Yep, you're going down.

Kingpin32
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
So much anger. Anger leads to the dark side.

ryby6969
07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I am just excited to be able to recruit with a recruiting power! :nod:

It is on now definitely! Texas and USC will have competition for the #1 recruiting class this year.

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Texas and USC will have competition for the #1 recruiting class this year.I have the state of Florida. All to myself.

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
ryby6969 - Alabama
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon

Left to pick.
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

Auburn is on the block.Since we've wrapped pages ... Escobar is up, choosing between staying with A&M or taking Auburn, and then Tex will be on the clock.

ryby6969
07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I have the state of Florida. All to myself.

Unless it has changed, the state of Florida is nowhere near as good in the game as IRL. I normally use Miami, and it has been quite frustrating how poor the recruits have been in state. And to say you have it all by yourself is a bit of an exaggeration, considering Bama and LSU tend to do pretty goood in the state. ;)

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
And to say you have it all by yourself is a bit of an exaggeration, considering Bama and LSU tend to do pretty goood in the state. ;)True, but pipelines aren't as good as the advantage in Proximity to Home. It'll be interesting to recruit this year with the Dynamic Pitches too.

souljahbill
07-04-2012, 06:11 PM
True, but pipelines aren't as good as the advantage in Proximity to Home. It'll be interesting to recruit this year with the Dynamic Pitches too.

I don't know. Proximity to home is one pitch whereas the pipeline bonus effects all your pitches. Those extra points could be the difference between reaching a recruits commit-threshold 1st or 2nd.

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, I meant Pipelines alone. Obviously with being FSU in Florida, I'll have both.

ryby6969
07-04-2012, 06:46 PM
The one thing I have noticed in the past is that Proximity is usually a bigger deal for the lower level recruits. It is a big deal to a few of the studs, but in general it seems it is more for the 2* or 3* guys. It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out this year. Regardless, it should be a very competitive year!

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 07:23 PM
You're right about that. Since there's no difference in pipelines between schools, the only advantage a state really has for its home recruits is Proximity. And that isn't high enough. If you're Mizzou, you don't get DGB in the game.

Escobar
07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm sticking with A&M.

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Tex, then Kingpin (in case he changed his mind).

Oneback
07-04-2012, 08:15 PM
ryby6969 - Alabama
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M

Left to pick.
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

Auburn is on the block.

RTR14
07-05-2012, 10:17 AM
So I was wondering who will be the rosters for the ps3. I heard gator and blocko won't be doing them this year and that luv2tha9s will release his late these may just be rumors but I was just wondering

texacotea
07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Im staying with tOSU

Oneback
07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
ryby6969 - Alabama
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State

Left to pick.
kingpin - Oklahoma State

Auburn is on the block.

Kingpin32
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm sticking with OK State.

Oneback
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Teams are set, locked in stone, no one is changing so I hope everyone is happy with their selections :)

ryby6969 - Alabama
gschwendt - Michigan
psusnoop - Oregon
Escobar - Texas A&M
texacotea - Ohio State
kingpin - Oklahoma State

psusnoop
07-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Ready to kick this bitch off :up:

Kingpin32
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Ready to kick this bitch off :up:
:+1:

JeffHCross
07-05-2012, 08:55 PM
So I was wondering who will be the rosters for the ps3. I heard gator and blocko won't be doing them this year and that luv2tha9s will release his late these may just be rumors but I was just wonderingGood reminder that we should probably change this to "Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread". For the sake of the New Posts search.

RTR14
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
My bad guys

JeffHCross
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
My bad guysNo problem, man. To answer your question, when rosters are being released the community, they will probably be posted to both the front page of the site, and to the News & Announcements forum. We don't always know who will be making rosters, but it's almost inevitable that some set of release week rosters will be made for both 360 and PS3.

My comment about the thread title was more to avoid the confusion of people thinking this is truly a "general" thread.

RTR14
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeh i went back and looked after i posted the first time and was thinking this might not be general anymore. Thanks for the help

ryby6969
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I suppose we are going to wait to see what is going on with a patch before we kick this bad boy off?

psuexv
07-07-2012, 12:14 PM
I suppose we are going to wait to see what is going on with a patch before we kick this bad boy off?

Since there is no news of a patch, I say we roll.

ryby6969
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Since there is no news of a patch, I say we roll.
The game has not officially released yet. Hopefully we will know something this week to find out what is up.

razorback44
07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Dang did all of you guys get the pre-release thing? :(

ryby6969
07-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Dang did all of you guys get the pre-release thing? :(

Yep. :D

razorback44
07-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Yep. :D
Obviously I am going to get killed in season 1 in that case. :D

Kingpin32
07-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Obviously I am going to get killed in season 1 in that case. :D
You and me both

psuexv
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I didn't get either.

psusnoop
07-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Papa didn't either.

Iron Dragon
07-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Hey what's up fellas. Looks like your still going for '13 and I'm not sure if you have openings but my internet is still inconsistent and I will probably just be a fan this year.

Escobar
07-08-2012, 01:37 AM
After playing an Auburn cheeser online, I don't feel like the gameplan settings are overpowered this year. It was obvious at around midway through the 2nd quarter he turned strip ball to agressive. And to my surprise it was not a guaranteed fumble every play. I actually saw Fitzgerald Toussaint break about 5 tackles in one play for about a 20 yard run, because his players kept trying to strip the ball instead of make the tackle. And it was progressively throughout the run that he broke the tackles. I feel like this game actually plays more like football than '12 as long as you're not playing against someone who tries to throw deep every single play.