PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

skipwondah33
08-26-2014, 07:35 AM
My LB's can't get any awards love

One is 2nd in the nation in tackles (94) and the other leads the nation in sacks somehow with 11 or 12.

JeffHCross
08-26-2014, 08:22 AM
I seem to be the complete opposite of what Jeff was saying. I couldn't run the ball to save my life always getting tackled behind the LOS. However, I found it pretty easy to pass the ball even with my QB and WR's being rated so low. Every once in a while I would get risky and try to squeeze it into tight coverage, but for the most part, my WR's would be pretty much wide open. On to season 2!!!:)Scheme makes a big difference.

JBHuskers
08-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks for doing the record book Jeff. I was going to start something like that, but you did a great job so I'll let you handle it as I hope we're going to go for a long time on this OD.

psusnoop
08-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks for doing the record book Jeff. I was going to start something like that, but you did a great job so I'll let you handle it as I hope we're going to go for a long time on this OD.

Agreed :nod:

skipwondah33
08-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for doing the record book Jeff. I was going to start something like that, but you did a great job so I'll let you handle it as I hope we're going to go for a long time on this OD.Thanks Jeff...again lol

JB delete my one post please :D

JeffHCross
08-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks for doing the record book Jeff. I was going to start something like that, but you did a great job so I'll let you handle it as I hope we're going to go for a long time on this OD.Not a problem. As most people here should recall, I enjoy keeping the records. CDJ's format over in the TGT OD made it very easy.

I'd appreciate it if someone would move it to the History subforum though, I think that's the proper place for it, and I intended to put it there.

JBHuskers
08-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Not a problem. As most people here should recall, I enjoy keeping the records. CDJ's format over in the TGT OD made it very easy.

I'd appreciate it if someone would move it to the History subforum though, I think that's the proper place for it, and I intended to put it there.

I'll figure that out later.

psusnoop
08-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Let's think of a couple minor tweaks we'd all like to see in this OD.

Maybe each person suggest 2 adjustments from current value to their new value and why. At that point then debate why we should or shouldn't make said adjustment.

This will have to be quick as we are entering offseason tonight.

marcotte14
08-27-2014, 04:40 PM
I think most people would agree that we exceeded expectations this year being how bad our teams are. Having 2 teams bowl eligible and some teams with 5 wins is pretty damn good. My only adjustment would be maybe making the CPU defense better, esp pass def. Some of our states, including mine, we're off the charts for players being in the 60's. Just my 2 cents. I guess I was just expecting everyone to go 1-11, or 2-10 with any wins coming against another user. Realistically, none of us should've beaten the computer with the teams we have, let alone beating a top 5 team like a couple of us did this year.

psusnoop
08-27-2014, 04:48 PM
I think most people would agree that we exceeded expectations this year being how bad our teams are. Having 2 teams bowl eligible and some teams with 5 wins is pretty damn good. My only adjustment would be maybe making the CPU defense better, esp pass def. Some of our states, including mine, we're off the charts for players being in the 60's. Just my 2 cents. I guess I was just expecting everyone to go 1-11, or 2-10 with any wins coming against another user. Realistically, none of us should've beaten the computer with the teams we have, let alone beating a top 5 team like a couple of us did this year.

Completely agree, even with the team I had I felt I could run and throw to get into shootouts and that just isn't what I thought it would be. I was thinking like you said 2 maybe 3 wins for all of us and we double that up for most of us.

I'd raise the CPU pass defense or lower our pass accuracy. I will share more thoughts tonight when I get home here.

skipwondah33
08-27-2014, 07:03 PM
I just want to be able to tackle

And this isn't because of our teams solely. In the Heisman dynasties I've messed around with the past 2 years the CPU breaks a lot of tackles. It's the only slider I mess around with when doing so. Otherwise they would break 2 a run at minimum.

Passing was difficult for me all but 2 games. Got lucky tossing the ball up a few times. That and apparently certainly plays the CPU AI doesn't defend very well. Against Georgia my RB could have went for 250 and about 10 more catches if I chose to cheese the same play concept.

Ultimately I can go with whatever. My team will continue to be terrible lol

Escobar
08-28-2014, 06:51 AM
I think we should lower the Human QB Accuracy. I think that is why our teams exceeded expectations this year. I know my QB didn't have the best accuracy or ratings, but he carried my team with his passing having multiple games where he completed 80% of his passes. Also noticed the same with other teams, which will only get better seeing as most teams had QBs who were not Seniors.

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 07:43 AM
We upped the slider because our quarterbacks were struggling early in the game, but in hindsight that really didn't bother me once I understood what was happening.

psuexv
08-28-2014, 08:08 AM
We upped the slider because our quarterbacks were struggling early in the game, but in hindsight that really didn't bother me once I understood what was happening.

The problem is that there is a drastic difference between 5 and 10. There really needs to be a 7.5. The problem at 5 is that everybody runs the ball because passing is so hit or miss, even if you get your QB warm to start. Before the reboot we had 1 maybe 2 teams with a QB in the top 25 passing so we upper it to 10. I'm willing to try it again but we gouged the running game as well so I think you'll just see that happening if people can't throw.

I moved around some of the penalty sliders in my other OD and it seems to have an impact, only one game so far but we were typically blowing the CPU out 60 or 70 to 10. My one game against an unranked WVU team with the adjustments was 31-3. I need to move the CPU accuracy up one and I think it would give a really good game.

Here's what I went with

Offsides - 55
False Start - 55
Holding - 70
Facemask - 30
OPI - 10
DPI - 10
KR/PR Int - 20
Clipping - 55
Intentional Grounding - 95
Roughing the Passer - 54
Roughing the Kicker - 10

Also set HFA to OFF

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm gonna be running anyway :D

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Something odd going on with the Offseason thread. You can see the replies if you go to the Printable version: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/printthread.php?t=8396&pp=20&page=2

psusnoop
08-28-2014, 08:21 AM
The problem is that there is a drastic difference between 5 and 10. There really needs to be a 7.5. The problem at 5 is that everybody runs the ball because passing is so hit or miss, even if you get your QB warm to start. Before the reboot we had 1 maybe 2 teams with a QB in the top 25 passing so we upper it to 10. I'm willing to try it again but we gouged the running game as well so I think you'll just see that happening if people can't throw.

I moved around some of the penalty sliders in my other OD and it seems to have an impact, only one game so far but we were typically blowing the CPU out 60 or 70 to 10. My one game against an unranked WVU team with the adjustments was 31-3. I need to move the CPU accuracy up one and I think it would give a really good game.

Here's what I went with
Nice I like this approach with the penalty sliders.

I also agree the pass accuracy is so so touchy. It would be great if it could be in increments of 1 not 5.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 08:34 AM
I believe I have one of the highest accuracy rated QB's amongst us (he has an 84 rating), yet I my QB couldn't hit anything and always overthrew the WR by about 20 yards. That was even after I got him started with short passes prior and when I stopped trying to lead the ball of course.

When the slider increase changed he started throwing better and true to his rating I felt, still with hints of very inaccurate passes...especially deep wide open passes and over the middle.

JBHuskers
08-28-2014, 01:07 PM
I think for sliders and settings I'm going to stand pat for this season then look at it again as we'll fully open up recuiting to all stars in year three.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 01:34 PM
On another note I'm anxious to put together another offensive gameplan that will fit the team.

Not sure why I just though I'd pick the first playbook I tried and build an offense around that lol

Escobar
08-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Not sure why I just though I'd pick the first playbook I tried and build an offense around that lol

That's what I do lol, but I adjust my playcalling based on my team's ability.

Escobar
08-28-2014, 07:43 PM
I believe I have one of the highest accuracy rated QB's amongst us (he has an 84 rating), yet I my QB couldn't hit anything and always overthrew the WR by about 20 yards. That was even after I got him started with short passes prior and when I stopped trying to lead the ball of course.

When the slider increase changed he started throwing better and true to his rating I felt, still with hints of very inaccurate passes...especially deep wide open passes and over the middle.

Do you throw bullet passes or lobs? Lobs have more success with inaccurate QBs, but your timing has to be on.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Try to throw both

He has 88 accuracy now

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 10:37 PM
You two are ridiculous. I change playbooks like Kim Kardashian changes shoes.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 10:42 PM
I don't play the game enough to be able to build a better custom playbook. One I have now is just Arizona's playbook with an additional I-Form formation lol.

Just going to pick another. Every one in college runs either Spread or Spread haha

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 11:10 PM
If you don't want to use custom, sure, I understand that skip. But I'd figure you play enough Madden to have a better idea than just picking one playbook and trying to run with it. :dunno:

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah but same plays in NCAA don't work in Madden and vice versa

Some plays are identical but, as are the formations however since I know a good bit of the play books it's easier to start with a base. Typically Steelers, Niners, and Cardinals I start off of.

Have not a single clue of NCAA playbooks. In Madden I play enough also to constantly make additions to it. Probably picked the worst play book that I could have with Arizona in terms of what I like to do.

Escobar
08-30-2014, 02:11 AM
I use one playbook and just go, but my custom playbook/playbook I use has been pretty much the same the past 4-5 years of NCAA. Even in Madden I just picked Chip Kelly's playbook and made it closer to my NCAA playbook. I do adapt my playcalling based on my team's strengths though.

JeffHCross
08-30-2014, 06:24 AM
I use one playbook and just go, but my custom playbook/playbook I use has been pretty much the same the past 4-5 years of NCAA. Even in Madden I just picked Chip Kelly's playbook and made it closer to my NCAA playbook. I do adapt my playcalling based on my team's strengths though.Yeah, that's different than it sounded when you first posted it, and I should have known that. You've been running the same base for a while now.

I would love to run the same playbook I used for a championship on '13, but EA removed some of my favorite plays :D

JeffHCross
10-08-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm sure this is available somewhere else on the Internet, but it didn't take long to do today, so I thought I'd share.

Position Min
Option
Pro/Multiple
All Others

QB

HB

FB

WR

TE

T

G

C

4-2-5
4-3/Multiple D
3-4
3-3-5 Stack

DE

DT

OLB

MLB

CB

FS

SS

skipwondah33
10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks Jeff

On a similar note believe I will be switching to the 3-4. I use the 3-4 in Madden every year and used it in NCAA every version I've played. This one I wanted to go with the 4-2-5 thinking I could get more pressure (silly me lol) and since it allowed me to utilize 2 Safeties which was my "strength" the first season. I still struggle with it because I'm unfamiliar using it. And I'll likely still struggle with the 3-4 since Defense is tough to accomplish in general.

Next season though my LB's will be better and I will have 4 capable starters. My DE's aren't built for it however.

JeffHCross
10-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Skip, I'm transitioning to the 3-4 this year, and I've found the Nickel 3-3-5 to be good for taking advantage of my linebackers while still letting my DEs play a little more outside rather than inside.

JeffHCross
10-11-2014, 12:50 AM
Do the CPU teams use the Coaching Philosophies of their Head Coach or Coordinators?

Escobar
10-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Head coach. Asst coaches are just used for attribute boosts.

JeffHCross
10-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Lmao. I just looked at my stats from my national championship season on NCAA '13. Jameis Winston was my third string quarterback and attempted 12 passes that year.

pearice
11-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Hey guys are there any openings in this league?

Escobar
11-17-2014, 08:38 PM
The second half of a flag football game I played in last week. I had a couple more catches in the first half. I'm playing WR/CB on the near side of the field, wearing the longsleeve red dri-fit and long black tights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-biNY7aEe4c

Papa LoneStar
11-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Nice, Escobar

JBHuskers
12-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Should we just ban the signing of all 5 star players in this OD?

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

JeffHCross
12-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Should we just ban the signing of all 5 star players in this OD?

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.It's going to be Year 5 before any of us are even allowed to do that...

JBHuskers
12-14-2014, 02:48 AM
It's going to be Year 5 before any of us are even allowed to do that...
I'm saying ever though. In the hopes we play that long.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

JeffHCross
01-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Just thinking out loud here, but if for whatever reason we were to restart another Death Penalty dynasty, I think it would be considerably easier (certainly easier to set up for G) and both more challenging and fun to modify the rosters like we did, and then use "existing" coaches. Basically be the AD rather than the Coach, and play with whatever coach takes over at our school. It would add some randomness because some schools may attract a "better" new coach than others, but it would also eliminate concerns like getting fired and things like that.

I also think that it would allow others to join later in the dynasty without the concern that they wouldn't get XP.

skipwondah33
01-30-2015, 07:24 AM
That is true Jeff

I'd certainly take a different team if possible though I like my LSU squad coming up in the next 2 seasons

JeffHCross
01-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Do we have any offseason rules about bringing players back?

marcotte14
02-01-2015, 09:37 AM
I did an "recruiting only" online dynasty in last years NCAA, and it was pretty fun, but then again, the recruiting took a little longer. It was cool to start out as the worst teams and "recruit" your way to bigger programs other than playing the game and racking up crazy stats. It's just an option, wouldn't take long at all to rip through seasons, considering people can recruit online.

JeffHCross
02-01-2015, 04:09 PM
I did an "recruiting only" online dynasty in last years NCAA, and it was pretty fun, but then again, the recruiting took a little longer. It was cool to start out as the worst teams and "recruit" your way to bigger programs other than playing the game and racking up crazy stats. It's just an option, wouldn't take long at all to rip through seasons, considering people can recruit online.G tried running one of these a few years ago, I think. It sounded cool.

marcotte14
02-01-2015, 04:36 PM
G tried running one of these a few years ago, I think. It sounded cool.

It was, by all means we still continue our Death Penalty OD, this would just be something we could do as well that wouldn't take long.

skipwondah33
03-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Unrelated I know since we have set uniforms already.

But just tried uniform store and it appears to be back to working. Atleast letting me download the free pack

marcotte14
04-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Just a thought, our teams are all pretty good consistently being in the top 10, we should open up Coaching Carousel to accept other jobs. Not that I want to leave Oregon, but just to mix it up. I understand we would still choose other good teams, but it would be nice to give people the option to change scenery.

skipwondah33
04-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Just a thought, our teams are all pretty good consistently being in the top 10, we should open up Coaching Carousel to accept other jobs. Not that I want to leave Oregon, but just to mix it up. I understand we would still choose other good teams, but it would be nice to give people the option to change scenery.I'd be on the first thing smoking out of Baton Rouge lol

Joking there are only 1-2 destinations that I would leave for

gschwendt
04-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Just a thought, our teams are all pretty good consistently being in the top 10, we should open up Coaching Carousel to accept other jobs. Not that I want to leave Oregon, but just to mix it up. I understand we would still choose other good teams, but it would be nice to give people the option to change scenery.
I don't think we would want to open it up completely, maybe with restrictions in a team by team basis. For one, our teams will always have the disadvantage of the Playing Style pitch. As well, many of our attributes were lowered to begin with.

All that said, JB has already expressed interest in jumping to a better team this offseason. I think we would just have to look at the teams interested and make a decision based on that.

skipwondah33
04-07-2015, 08:28 AM
I can understand in JB's case lol

We're good at LSU. They better offer me a key to the state even though I haven't won anything yet lol. I'd sure love to experience the weather in Florida....:D

JeffHCross
04-07-2015, 09:01 AM
I wish the game still had the option of manually changing schools. I realize that's silly with the Coaching Carousel mechanic, but there are some schools I'd be willing to consider (for a change in scenery), but there's almost no way they'd be likely to offer the current coach at Ohio State. And the only other option is starting over with a new coach.

Just wish there was another option.

Papa LoneStar
04-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Since we played in Columbus in 2016....and now 2018....if you change schools....you owe Texas 2 trips to Austin....the contract will follow you 😂 lol

JeffHCross
04-17-2015, 11:50 PM
Since we played in Columbus in 2016....and now 2018....if you change schools....you owe Texas 2 trips to Austin....the contract will follow you �� lolLol. I noticed that but hadn't gone back to look and see where we had last played.

JeffHCross
04-24-2015, 11:32 PM
We need to do something about the conferences, if we care enough at this point. Looks like the second straight year that UAB has zero conference games. I'm pretty sure some other CPU teams had the same problem last season.

Papa LoneStar
04-25-2015, 10:04 PM
I thought he moved USC, Arkansas, UAB, and Texas Tech into the same conference. I guess I was trippin' when I saw that.

JeffHCross
04-25-2015, 10:45 PM
I thought he moved USC, Arkansas, UAB, and Texas Tech into the same conference. I guess I was trippin' when I saw that.He did. UAB literally has zero conference games. Not zero user conference games, it's like the game doesn't recognize they're in the conference. I noticed it for a handful of teams last season too.

Escobar
04-26-2015, 11:13 PM
I thought I mentioned it last year. I thought maybe G did that on purpose and was trying to figure out how he hacked the game.

JeffHCross
05-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Something to note ... either Agency's coach was the straw that broke the camel's back, or whatever bug doesn't allow XP to be earned only affects user coaches. No other coaches aren't earning XP right now, including all newly created OCs and DCs. At least as far as I can tell, because every OC or DC is at least level 3, which would suggest that they're earning XP.

JB's DC is not a user or created coach, he was probably the DC at UMass on the original roster. He's been an HC at some point, and somehow his average recruiting class is below 1, lol.

pearice
05-13-2015, 08:38 PM
I only earn xp through TD's... Every once in a while I earns whole game.. I noticed one game I returned a FG for a td and after that I only get XP in TGT through recruiting and first half of games

skipwondah33
05-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Well that's interesting. I haven't paid attention to XP so I wouldn't know, but that would suck

Escobar
05-14-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm getting xp and my recently hired OC is too, but my DC has never earned points since I've been at UAB. My OC I had when I first got hired at UAB wasn't progressing either.

EddieHusker
05-14-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm getting xp and my recently hired OC is too, but my DC has never earned points since I've been at UAB. My OC I had when I first got hired at UAB wasn't progressing either.

I cant explain it. Mine seem to work fine. I chalked it up to people just not being very good.

JeffHCross
05-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Well that's just even weirder. Because I checked and nobody else is at Level 1. So created CPU coaches must not come in at Level 1?

skipwondah33
05-14-2015, 10:42 PM
My OC came in at level 19 I believe. He had all of these skill points

JeffHCross
05-15-2015, 07:14 AM
My OC came in at level 19 I believe. He had all of these skill pointsYou probably just got one that moved on from another school though. I'm talking about new ones. All of my coordinators, until my new OC this year, were existing coaches. But my new OC is still earning XP

skipwondah33
05-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Ahh ok. Yeah forgot which school he came from.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 09:10 AM
What is going on gentlemen? Been quite a long time. Glad to see you guys still have this going. God I miss a college football game :(

JeffHCross
05-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Sup ryby?! See you all the time in nykia's Live Stream videos (I'm always watching after the fact)

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 09:21 AM
Sup ryby?! See you all the time in nykia's Live Stream videos (I'm always watching after the fact)
Yeah, we play in some Madden leagues together so I have to bug him while he is playing lol.

JeffHCross
05-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah, we play in some Madden leagues together so I have to bug him while he is playing lol.Lol. I enjoy watching them. If nothing else, it's amazing to see where he and I don't make the same reads.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Lol. I enjoy watching them. If nothing else, it's amazing to see where he and I don't make the same reads.

Yeah, we have built up a HUGE rivalry the last few years on Madden with him being the Texans and me being the Browns in one of our leagues. We seem to play every regular season and then meet again every year in the playoffs. Difficult games since we know how each other plays so well.

gschwendt
05-20-2015, 10:40 AM
What is going on gentlemen? Been quite a long time. Glad to see you guys still have this going. God I miss a college football game :(
Good to see you around man. I'm hoping this year I can get into Madden more... CFM just doesn't do it for me, especially since all of the users seem so disconnected from each other. Hoping that's fixed this year.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Good to see you around man. I'm hoping this year I can get into Madden more... CFM just doesn't do it for me, especially since all of the users seem so disconnected from each other. Hoping that's fixed this year.

I know you guys make fun of me when I suggested it in Powerhouse but AIM or Groupme helps a TON with Madden. If you get most of the users in a chat it can be extremely engaging and honestly helps with scheduling games. During the offseason I feel it is a must for making deals. I just really wish I could see what NCAA would be like on PS4/Xbox1.

skipwondah33
05-20-2015, 10:52 AM
CFM just doesn't do it for me, especially since all of the users seem so disconnected from each other. Hoping that's fixed this year.I've never cared for CFM mode. I was usually in one every version though because it was another one of the leagues offered on the site I've been playing Madden at for a while. Plus the league had to move to that since EA took away the create-a-team feature that allowed us to use our teams to play unranked games.

I much rather prefer the League Daddy-stat method of just playing an unranked game and recording stats

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 11:00 AM
I've never cared for CFM mode. I was usually in one every version though because it was another one of the leagues offered on the site I've been playing Madden at for a while. Plus the league had to move to that since EA took away the create-a-team feature that allowed us to use our teams to play unranked games.

I much rather prefer the League Daddy-stat method of just playing an unranked game and recording stats

I like playing in a CFM just so I can work on building a team. With them making the draft classes random it meant no draft guides so the draft was actually pretty exciting this year. The thing that screwed Madden up this year was confidence and regression after age 30 IMO. If you find a good league it can be pretty close to as much fun as NCAA. I still say the most fun I have had in sports gaming were the seasons of NCAA 12 in Powerhouse.(At least until we changed the sliders/difficulty settings)

JeffHCross
05-20-2015, 11:08 AM
AIM or GroupMe probably helps more on Madden too because you've got more players in the league so you have a better chance of multiple people being around at the same time. It would have been cool in Powerhouse a few years ago, but by the time you suggested it our schedules had diverged a lot.

Plus some of us (me) are in a communications blackout at work :D

JeffHCross
05-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Yeah, we have built up a HUGE rivalry the last few years on Madden with him being the Texans and me being the Browns in one of our leagues. We seem to play every regular season and then meet again every year in the playoffs. Difficult games since we know how each other plays so well.I didn't realize you had the Browns. I'll have to see if I can find some of those videos.

skipwondah33
05-20-2015, 11:28 AM
I like playing in a CFM just so I can work on building a team. With them making the draft classes random it meant no draft guides so the draft was actually pretty exciting this year. The thing that screwed Madden up this year was confidence and regression after age 30 IMO. If you find a good league it can be pretty close to as much fun as NCAA. I still say the most fun I have had in sports gaming were the seasons of NCAA 12 in Powerhouse.(At least until we changed the sliders/difficulty settings)I've just never cared for it because the game plays differently.

A few versions back when it was first implemented and after, the gameplay was noticeably different. You would see different animations and the run game especially played differently than just that of a regular unranked game. It stayed like that the past few versions IMO. Played a season this version and couldn't really tell a difference but that may have been because the gameplay in general was a shock change going from PS3 to PS4.

And of course when games disconnect there is no other option but to replay the entire game. Atleast in an unranked game, quarter and time can be adjusted in the event of that.

The fantasy draft Franchise keeper league I've been in for the past 7 years is good, it was just better when we weren't forced to make it into a CFM.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 01:27 PM
I didn't realize you had the Browns. I'll have to see if I can find some of those videos.

Yeah, in the Two Minute Warning league I am the Browns and he is the Texans. We have played every season so if his twitch archive goes back far enough you will find at least a game lol. And yeah, the only way CFM is fun for me is with 32 users so there are very few cpu games and it makes the game more interesting. AIM and Groupme both have mobile apps so it is easy to communicate even while on the go which helps a ton during the offseason of Madden when trying to make trades.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 01:30 PM
I've just never cared for it because the game plays differently.

A few versions back when it was first implemented and after, the gameplay was noticeably different. You would see different animations and the run game especially played differently than just that of a regular unranked game. It stayed like that the past few versions IMO. Played a season this version and couldn't really tell a difference but that may have been because the gameplay in general was a shock change going from PS3 to PS4.

And of course when games disconnect there is no other option but to replay the entire game. Atleast in an unranked game, quarter and time can be adjusted in the event of that.

The fantasy draft Franchise keeper league I've been in for the past 7 years is good, it was just better when we weren't forced to make it into a CFM.

Yeah, I play because I enjoy the offseason. I always like recruiting more in NCAA too. Playing the games just let me see how I have built the team and what I need to fix the next offseason. I really miss recruiting battles between 3 others guys on NCAA and then going and beating those same guys with that player for the next 3-4 years. Madden cannot replace that which is a shame.

skipwondah33
05-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Ah yeah 32 owners does make a huge difference. In this Fantasy keeper CFM we only have 16 owners so inevitably there are quite a few CPU games which is another issue in itself lol

Would be nice to have the ability to custom set up a CFM. Setting the number of teams especially.

In regards to NCAA, yeah this Dynasty brought me back to the game period. I haven't played the past 2 versions much, but getting in this OD again pulled me back. Though I'm not all that good in it, especially recruiting haha. Still enjoying it alot.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Yeah, 32 users or close to it is a must for a CFM imo.

JeffHCross
05-20-2015, 02:45 PM
With my current work schedule, that would be impossible, lol.

ryby6969
05-20-2015, 03:23 PM
With my current work schedule, that would be impossible, lol.

The standard advances in the leagues on OS seems to be 72 hours and it works well. I mean with that many people there are bound to be guys with difficult schedules to deal with. That is the one good thing about the NFL is if you need to take a sim it doesn't kill you like a loss can and usually does in NCAA lol.

psuexv
05-20-2015, 07:53 PM
So it took Ryby 2 posts back to bring up AIM, just like old times :)

steelerfan
05-20-2015, 11:35 PM
So it took Ryby 2 posts back to bring up AIM, just like old times :)
That's still a thing?

ryby6969
05-21-2015, 03:21 AM
Haha, yes it is but Groupme is the better mobile app. I like AIM on a laptop/desktop but Groupme on my phone. Basically all the leagues are going to groupme now though. Smartasses :P

steelerfan
05-21-2015, 03:25 AM
Haha, yes it is but Groupme is the better mobile app. I like AIM on a laptop/desktop but Groupme on my phone. Basically all the leagues are going to groupme now though. Smartasses [emoji14]
Smartass > Dumbass

:D

psuexv
05-21-2015, 08:09 AM
Smartass > Dumbass

:D

Truth!

JeffHCross
05-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Truth!You would know!

psuexv
05-21-2015, 08:57 AM
You would know!

Got to be good at something, right?

ryby6969
05-21-2015, 11:15 AM
I know you guys make fun of me when I suggested it in Powerhouse but AIM or Groupme helps a TON with Madden. If you get most of the users in a chat it can be extremely engaging and honestly helps with scheduling games. During the offseason I feel it is a must for making deals. I just really wish I could see what NCAA would be like on PS4/Xbox1.

Got to be good at something, right?

Yeah, cause if I remember correctly you were not good with USC.

JeffHCross
05-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Bahahahahahahaha.

psuexv
05-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Yeah, cause if I remember correctly you were not good with USC.

Ask Papa his opinion on that?

JeffHCross
05-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Switching back to the people actually in the dynasty at the moment...

JB, it appears, can no longer play user games because of the OC on his team.
Agency is not earning XP.

Thoughts?

skipwondah33
05-23-2015, 01:01 AM
Don't schedule me with JB again lol

Seriously though that does suck. Of course not earning XP does as well.

TheAgency
05-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Not gonna lie...this season is somewhat disappointing getting dominated in a sim game that if played UvU I thought we could've competed and kept it close. He will more than likely take the conference title home too because he would have to lose twice in order for me to win and that doesn't seem likely. I would suggest if that happens again next season that we play an unranked game with similar teams and the winner of that game wins the right to play the CPU.
I have a hard time with the CPU so I know it's not a guaranteed win but I like that better than sim. We have no chance when the game is simmed. That is all

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Switching back to the people actually in the dynasty at the moment...

JB, it appears, can no longer play user games because of the OC on his team.
Agency is not earning XP.

Thoughts?Good talk, guys :D

JBHuskers
05-28-2015, 09:08 AM
After this year, you'll be begging to schedule me if I cannot play user games. :D

skipwondah33
05-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Good talk, guys :DI really didn't have any advice or suggestions.

I say we restart if you wanted one though lol

But seriously I don't know enough about the game or anything to have any real valid one. The only fix G did with Ole Miss was simply remove them from the conference/schedule.

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 10:18 AM
I wasn't expecting silver bullets, skip, though I do appreciate you at least replying. I guess I just figured the topic would generate a little more discussion than that.

skipwondah33
05-28-2015, 10:24 AM
I wasn't expecting silver bullets, skip, though I do appreciate you at least replying. I guess I just figured the topic would generate a little more discussion than that.Honestly me too after you posted it.

I was saving my "restart" remark for after others posted.

Does suck that JB won't be able to play any user games for the remainder his OC is there (which I believe is the issue).

The ability to not gain XP is bad as well which has no fix to it.

TheAgency
05-28-2015, 10:30 AM
I wasn't apart of the original dynasty but was it just too easy for you all with talented rosters? I'm just curious as to what made you all take the route you did to get these circumstances in the dynasty as it stands.

marcotte14
05-28-2015, 11:44 AM
I'll respond.....

marcotte14
05-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Yes, we started the Death penalty OD because it was too easy with the "Powerhouse" teams winning and getting recruits. Is was a great idea for keeping big schools, but increasing the difficulty by gutting the rosters. The first year was very challenging, but I think in year 2 a user won the NC. Although this years sliders seem more difficult, we are still winning easily on a consistency basis against the cpu.

I don't really want to start over because I like the way my team is progressing via recruits, but I am open for anything. To get everyone on same playing field with progressing through XP, what are our options? Everyone in this dynasty are all above average players and are all active, which I love. Maybe it's time to start throwing some ideas around using 15-16 rosters.....

JBHuskers
05-28-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't want to start over. We've already been there and done that.

skipwondah33
05-28-2015, 12:53 PM
There is no solution I see for you though JB.

Either lose alot and get canned...but have difficulty finding another HC job.

Or never play any users...thus win alot then take another job or hope OC gets promoted.

Definitely not solution for a Coach not getting XP

TheAgency
05-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Have any of you seen the video where a user created a four team playoff via a software program? I don't know if it would be worth the risk maneuvering files around as he did, but it was a real four team playoff and the game recognized the games as played. I'll try and find a link and post

skipwondah33
05-28-2015, 03:09 PM
G used something similar if I'm not mistaken or atleast I thought so when he created this Death Penalty OD.

TheAgency
05-28-2015, 03:09 PM
I apologize for my lack of know how when it comes to embedding the player from YouTube but here is a link

http://youtu.be/ifTkb3L0nJs

gschwendt
05-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Have any of you seen the video where a user created a four team playoff via a software program? I don't know if it would be worth the risk maneuvering files around as he did, but it was a real four team playoff and the game recognized the games as played. I'll try and find a link and post
That only works with offline dynasties... no way to do that with online dynasties.

Like skip said, we can edit rosters, etc. before the OD starts but once it starts, there's no way make changes to the file.

TheAgency
05-28-2015, 04:45 PM
That only works with offline dynasties... no way to do that with online dynasties.

Like skip said, we can edit rosters, etc. before the OD starts but once it starts, there's no way make changes to the file.
I gotcha. I'm not complaining about where we are. Just thinking out loud.

Escobar
05-28-2015, 07:25 PM
I don't want to start over. We've already been there and done that.

:+1:

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 11:02 PM
I wasn't apart of the original dynasty but was it just too easy for you all with talented rosters? I'm just curious as to what made you all take the route you did to get these circumstances in the dynasty as it stands.Also, when we restated most everyone besides me and skip had been playing for a year solid. Many of us have been playing in the Powerhouse OD for multiple releases of the game.

So, mostly, we did this because we wanted to try something new. Unfortunately, we weren't aware of some of the issues we'd run into, and then you ran into a bug that we've seen before but has nothing to do with the rosters or setup.

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Maybe it's time to start throwing some ideas around using 15-16 rosters.....I personally think the rosters we started with was one that had been saved from a dynasty and modified, and my belief is that using such rosters caused some of the issues we've seen. I may be wrong, but it makes me antsy about using such edited rosters again.

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 11:07 PM
I don't really want to start over again, but I also don't want 1/4th of the dynasty to be in the boat that JB and Agency are in now and unable to compete in all facets (JB with user games and Agency with recruiting).

It sucks and there's no easy answer. Hence, kicking off a discussion.

skipwondah33
05-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Yeah that issue will stay with JB until the OC is gone. And hopefully no other team hires that OC down the road.

Unsure of how to deal with a team that can't play any other user teams. Does the other user get to play cpu? Didn't have a policy for this because it wasn't an issue with another team

And the recruiting well that's just going to be terrible.

JBHuskers
05-29-2015, 11:27 AM
But he knew about that going in if he wanted to join that he wouldn't gain XP. That was why we were not allowing new members in the first place.

skipwondah33
05-29-2015, 12:39 PM
But he knew about that going in if he wanted to join that he wouldn't gain XP. That was why we were not allowing new members in the first place.Yeah I know about that, which I mean nothing can be done about that.

Your issue though is going to be tough especially if you want to stay at Tech.

JBHuskers
05-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Yeah I know about that, which I mean nothing can be done about that.

Your issue though is going to be tough especially if you want to stay at Tech.

Yeah ... hopefully my decent season will either get the OC to move or me to get a decent job to leave TTU for.

skipwondah33
05-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Can't be certain but it took mine a few seasons before he left. This was after a few decent seasons as well...especially statistic ones.

On another note, unsure if anyway else does this. But when we hired a new OC, I changed up my Offense a bit to reflect it like it would happen in real life. Still mixing in things from the old offense as well. Just trying to add something to the Dynasty lol

Escobar
05-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Can't be certain but it took mine a few seasons before he left. This was after a few decent seasons as well...especially statistic ones.

On another note, unsure if anyway else does this. But when we hired a new OC, I changed up my Offense a bit to reflect it like it would happen in real life. Still mixing in things from the old offense as well. Just trying to add something to the Dynasty lol

I have a huge playbook so I adjust my playcalling based on my team.

gschwendt
05-30-2015, 12:31 AM
Personally, I wouldn't be completely opposed to restarting. It would essentially be the same timing as if a new game were coming out soon. I'm having a blast with my team but I also really enjoy building my team from nothing.

I wouldn't be opposed to all low level schools or middle of the pack P5 schools (Kansas, Kentucky, etc.)

Another idea would be to do a death penalty again but use the lower tier schools so that we don't have to do Teambuilder teams.

Regardless, if we restart, I say we use default rosters and then auto-generate player names. That way we avoid the Ole Miss issue altogether.

All that said, I'm up for whatever the consensus is.

skipwondah33
05-30-2015, 02:03 AM
As I always I'll go with whatever

Just want to play JB at least once lol

JeffHCross
05-30-2015, 09:19 AM
Another idea would be to do a death penalty again but use the lower tier schools so that we don't have to do Teambuilder teams.
An idea I had back in January....

Just thinking out loud
here, but if for whatever reason we were to restart another Death Penalty dynasty, I think it would be considerably easier (certainly easier to set up for G) and both more challenging and fun to modify the rosters like we did, and then use "existing" coaches. Basically be the AD rather than the Coach, and play with whatever coach takes over at our school. It would add some randomness because some schools may attract a "better" new coach than others, but it would also eliminate concerns like getting fired and things like that.

I also think that it would allow others to join later in the dynasty without the concern that they wouldn't get XP.

marcotte14
05-30-2015, 10:50 AM
I agree with G, we are building up these teams so fast because they "Big" schools and are very attractive to recruits. I've always loved playing with lower tier teams. Maybe limit users to choose from teams from the MAC or Conf USA. Another issue with that is, other lower schools that are cpu controlled don't progress well at all, meaning competition wont be as good, but on the other hand, wont rank up as fast.

I am also with the majority. If only there a simple way to make users not progress as fast and make the cpu more challenging. I hate losing just like any of us, but it would be nice to know that losing to the cpu on multiple occasions is a possibility.

TheAgency
05-30-2015, 11:39 AM
I'll be brief with my input as my tenure isn't as long as the majority here. I am okay continuing with what we have going currently for the record. It's sucks not getting xp but that apart of the death penalty I had to tell myself. I think it's pretty challenging as is but I know my team is also really bad so my CPU experience is much different than yours. I feel like I have to work for every win as most are complete shoot outs. I'd be in favor of restarting and feeling the satisfaction of gaining XP. I can't lie about that but I look at us as being the elite coaches of the gaming world. I'd like to equate some you as the Urban and Saban of our current gaming generation. So I expect us to beat the CPU teams and battle it out amongst each other for the top spots year in and year out. I'm okay either way because I know there has been a ton of time put into the leg and I don't want to diminish anyone's work that's invested.

Escobar
05-30-2015, 02:49 PM
I really don't want to restart. Next season I will have this UAB team where I want it. It seems like we always only do 3-5 seasons then restart.

skipwondah33
05-30-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm for whichever. Will likely have my best draft class thus far hopefully when this season is done.

it won't be much fun for JB though if he can never play anyone.

Not to mention if that coach goes to another school then we wouldnt find out until that week. This was my 3rd time dealing with it

JeffHCross
05-30-2015, 03:25 PM
We could pay a little closer attention this time now that we know who the culprit is. I think when you originally "played" Ole Miss we didn't know what the problem was.

TheAgency
05-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Do we know this for certain? Or do we believe that Hugh Freeze is the culprit based on estimated guesses?

JeffHCross
05-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Do we know this for certain? Or do we believe that Hugh Freeze is the culprit based on estimated guesses?Freeze is currently at Arizona State, I believe, and I don't think anybody has played him this season. So I'm not completely prepared to say that playing a Hugh Freeze team would be absolutely good, but I'm 99.9% certain that the OC that JB now has is the cause of JB's problem. Whether or not the problem will disappear with the OC, or if it's some kind of infection, remains to be seen.

It may not have been in this thread, but I did also post that the current head coach of Ole Miss is unable to get any Job Security, despite having a damn good season and being in the first year of his contract.

Escobar
05-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Is the current Ole Miss coach their DC from year 1?

skipwondah33
05-30-2015, 08:47 PM
G and I had the issue with Ole Miss in the same seasons. We were the only ones scheduled against them so we are the only examples.

The OC from Ole Miss is the one JB currently has.

Since the OC or the HC left...everyone in the conferece is now able to play games against Ole Miss. But now no one can play JB and we all I assume experience the same issue...freeze at the team select or loading screens.

Mind you I tried 10 times plus back against Ole Miss. Then JB and I tried 8 or so

JeffHCross
05-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Is the current Ole Miss coach their DC from year 1?No, their DC is somewhere else. I found him but I don't remember where.

Next time I'm in the dynasty I'll try to figure out where the current HC came from

Escobar
05-31-2015, 08:25 PM
I also had to play Ole Miss in a bowl game and could not connect to them. I can't remember which season it was though.

skipwondah33
05-31-2015, 08:31 PM
So that was 3-3 then that season and one before it.

All 3-4 users on JB's schedule was same

TheAgency
05-31-2015, 09:24 PM
Have we come to any kind of resolution from the discussion this weekend?

Escobar
05-31-2015, 09:27 PM
JB could switch teams, if offered, since this is his first year with them.

JeffHCross
05-31-2015, 09:39 PM
Have we come to any kind of resolution from the discussion this weekend?Resolution? No, I don't think there's a consensus. But at least we're having a discussion now.

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 07:32 AM
No there isn't any resolution. Atleast with the current Texas Tech team. It will freeze every single time against another user. Actually surprised it doesn't when he plays CPU.

Only to either remove the team from your schedule or the OC or HC (JB) gets fired/accepts another job.

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Right now I'm 6-2, so maybe I can get a comparable job.

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Right now I'm 6-2, so maybe I can get a comparable job.How many of those were sim wins? :P

That sucks to have to leave as I'm sure you are building a class that you would like.

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 10:25 AM
How many of those were sim wins? :P

That sucks to have to leave as I'm sure you are building a class that you would like.

Meh, I've only signed two guys over 80 so far. A tackle and a kicker, so I'm not too worried.

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Well that's good then

Thing is doubtful there would be many opportunities they would be comparable as a HC. Maybe an Coordinator which doubt you want

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
We'll just have to see. I'm not married to Texas Tech, so I'm definitely open to moving.

gschwendt
06-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Here's an idea that just came to me...

We start over either with low-level teams, or another Death Penalty or something like that. But, the twist is that any players that will be a true Sophomore or Redshirt Freshman next season in our current OD, will be Redshirt Seniors in the new OD. And any true freshman players that you've recruited this season will be Redshirt Juniors.

So essentially, we would have two seasons worth of recruiting classes carried over to the new OD.

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 12:55 PM
If you want to put in the work...

gschwendt
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
If you want to put in the work...
If everyone liked the idea, then yeah, I'd be up for setting it up, similar to how I did for this one last year.

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 01:16 PM
If everyone liked the idea, then yeah, I'd be up for setting it up, similar to how I did for this one last year.

As much as I don't want to start over, I'm not attached to my team and if you don't mind putting in the work, it solves all problems, unless the Ole Miss problem starts up again. Do we even know what triggered the problem?

gschwendt
06-01-2015, 01:19 PM
As much as I don't want to start over, I'm not attached to my team and if you don't mind putting in the work, it solves all problems, unless the Ole Miss problem starts up again. Do we even know what triggered the problem?
It's because we used rosters that someone edited for the 2014 season. They "hacked" into the save file which normally wouldn't be a problem but they probably also changed up the coaches file, etc. and somehow corrupted the Ole Miss OC.

My idea would be that I'd create an auto-named set of rosters from the 2013 season (ie default rosters) and then tweak just our teams' rosters. You'd still have Johnny Manziel on TAMU but instead he'd be named Yusef Weisbecker or something.

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Haha it's hilarious that is the most random name you thought of :D

You must have seen that one in the random roster generator haha.

Sounds interesting. I'm an all or nothing type of guy. If we were to restart, I'd want to actually restart from scratch...players and all.

However as I said I'll go whichever direction chose but I'm still going to bitch about tackling :D

gschwendt
06-01-2015, 01:28 PM
As a frame of reference, here's what my imported players would look like as of today. Bear in mind the SrRS below haven't progressed yet... I would say we take a cut of our rosters post-progression this offseason.

Name
Pos
Yr
OVR
Tend
Class

Adam Schultz
QB
JrRS
QB-Scr

Derek Wheeler
HB
SrRS
HB-Pow

Karl Warren
HB
JrRS
HB-Spd

Brent Hearn
FB
SrRS
FB-Blk

Martin Robbins
WRX
JrRS
WR-Poss

Rodney McCormick
WRY
SrRS
WR-Spd

D.J. Gillett
WRY
JrRS
WR-Spd

Chris Harris
WRT
JrRS
TE-Rec

Johnny Parish
TE
SrRS
TE-Rec

Tony Martin
LT
JrRS
OL-Pass

Jacob Perry
C
JrRS
OL-Pass

Jamaal Brown
RG
SrRS
OL-Pass

Drew Gilliam
LE
SrRS
DL-Bal

Kevin Love
DT
SrRS
DL-Run

Akeem Davis
DT
SrRS
DL-Bal

Bubba Lewis
DT
JrRS
DL-Run

Scott Blount
RE
SrRS
DL-Run

Leon JohnSrRSn
RE
JrRS
DL-Bal

Rashad Denman
MLB
JrRS
LB-Cov

Chris McKenzie
ROLB
SrRS
LB-Bal

Brian Koch
ROLB
JrRS
LB-Cov

Steve Barrett
CB
JrRS
DB-Hit

Patrick Haynes
CB
SrRS
DB-Cov

Brandon Hinds
FS
SrRS
DB-Hit

Mark Tatum
SS
SrRS
DB-Bal

Mike Williams
SS
JrRS
DB-Cov

gschwendt
06-01-2015, 01:29 PM

You must have seen that one in the random roster generator haha.
Jeff signed a player named that this season... check the recruiting thread.

TheAgency
06-01-2015, 03:01 PM
I'd be down for the adjusted restart. I'd like to keep my guy Stew Robinson if at all possible. Our fans chant "What you wanna Stew!" every time he scores.
Side note, do we use the final BcS ranking for team drafting position if we go that route?

marcotte14
06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
I agree with Skip, if we're going to restart, I vote for a completed gut of rosters. Play with lower tier teams so we don't recruit players as fast and maybe limit to 2-3 star recruits. Just a thought.

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 03:58 PM
I agree with Skip, if we're going to restart, I vote for a completed gut of rosters. Play with lower tier teams so we don't recruit players as fast and maybe limit to 2-3 star recruits. Just a thought.That was my thinking as well really.

Speaking of Stew Robinson, he's going to give John Davis a run for the Bilentnikoff award it appears this season if he's eligible lol.

If we do keep going it will be nice to have multiple WR's with 90+ rated speed for a change :D

TheAgency
06-01-2015, 06:28 PM
If...we decide to restart I'd rather not have any edits made to the roster just we could manage any unknown variables that may come with the edits.

JeffHCross
06-01-2015, 09:55 PM

You must have seen that one in the random roster generator haha.You haven't looked at my latest recruiting update...

I like G's idea of keeping the last two years of recruits, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we started from scratch.

Escobar
06-02-2015, 05:34 PM
I still want to play at least next season so I can see how these recruits are

gschwendt
06-02-2015, 05:38 PM
I still want to play at least next season so I can see how these recruits are
I could go for that myself... I'm looking forward to next season's team.

As well, that would give us some time for Madden to release and see if it might be worth moving to it...

TheAgency
06-02-2015, 06:33 PM
I could go for that myself... I'm looking forward to next season's team.

As well, that would give us some time for Madden to release and see if it might be worth moving to it...

Are you considering running dual Dynasties or you suggesting one more year then restart?

gschwendt
06-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Are you considering running dual Dynasties or you suggesting one more year then restart?
One more year, then restart... I only have time to be dedicated to one dynasty at a time.

skipwondah33
06-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah I definitely want to see next season's team.

I'll definitely be getting and playing Madden full-time like usual, however of course I'll still be in this OD

JeffHCross
06-04-2015, 08:11 AM
So, if we're going to play next season, are we for sure restarting or is that still being discussed?

gschwendt
06-04-2015, 08:37 AM
So, if we're going to play next season, are we for sure restarting or is that still being discussed?
I think we need to make a definite decision sometime before the start of next season, that way those that don't want to recruit next season, don't have to. As well, for players that we're on the fence about redshirting, we can let them play.

JeffHCross
06-04-2015, 08:46 AM
I think we need to make a definite decision sometime before the start of next season, that way those that don't want to recruit next season, don't have to. As well, for players that we're on the fence about redshirting, we can let them play.Exactly my concern.

skipwondah33
06-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Good point.

I needed all the help I could get so I probably wasn't redshirting anyone anyway lol...except my Center

Shame though even with a restart, the Play Style, etc will still be an issue right?

gschwendt
06-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Good point.

I needed all the help I could get so I probably wasn't redshirting anyone anyway lol...except my Center

Shame though even with a restart, the Play Style, etc will still be an issue right?
Only if we use TeamBuilder teams. If we use low-level schools (ODU, FAU, etc.) then their play-style would update according to how your team performs.

skipwondah33
06-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Ah gotcha.

So it would essentially be like your Sun-Belt Dynasty you ran before

Keep forgetting we used Teambuilder teams since everything looks like the actual teams

skipwondah33
06-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Definitely more open to it since the Teambuilder method wouldn't be used.

JeffHCross
06-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Assuming we restart, I think we should either use the Operation Sports community sliders (which, if memory serves, required some edits to coach philosophy) or use these sliders from MrHurricane:

I know they may seem easier than our current sliders, but he uses them for his NCAA YouTube videos (which I've watched and seen him lose appropriately) and ny_kia also uses them for his offline dynasty and OD (KIA is currently 1-2 with Kent State)

skipwondah33
06-12-2015, 11:01 AM
But can we tackle! :D

JBHuskers
06-12-2015, 11:08 AM
If we're starting completely from scratch, I'd just rather put myself on auto with our current season until those who want to finish are done and we start over.

skipwondah33
06-12-2015, 11:19 AM
If we're starting completely from scratch, I'd just rather put myself on auto with our current season until those who want to finish are done and we start over.Good point really

psusnoop
06-12-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm good with restarting.

Just to be clear, we are finishing this season then restarting or finishing this season and playing next season then restarting?

JeffHCross
06-13-2015, 12:44 AM
Last I heard the plan was to play through next season.

JBHuskers
06-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Last I heard the plan was to play through next season.

Why if we're just going to start from scratch? I say let's just blow this up and start over ASAP.

skipwondah33
06-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Thought I'd be tied to my players that I recruited and redshirted last season, but I'm not. Just wanted to see John Davis and Corey Mitchell off.

JeffHCross
06-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Why if we're just going to start from scratch? I say let's just blow this up and start over ASAP.There's been suggestions both for starting from scratch and for taking players from our teams. Some of us (myself included) are interested in playing with this year's recruits that have yet to see the field.

marcotte14
06-16-2015, 07:53 AM
Why if we're just going to start from scratch? I say let's just blow this up and start over ASAP.

Agreed.

JeffHCross
06-16-2015, 10:09 AM
In the event that G agrees with blowing it up, I ask that he transfers commish to me so I can at least play one game of next season.

gschwendt
06-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I guess now is as any good time to announce... I've decided to retire from the OD. I'll help finish off this season but afterwards I will be stepping down.

It's been fun but at the same time, I've been playing in leagues for 11 years now and my heart just isn't in it as much as it used to be. It's become a grind between bugs and gameplay bullshit, I've just had enough that I can't see myself dedicating time to it anymore. And no, this isn't related to my loss to Skip in Week 14, though that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. After I got back from a week from vacation, not missing the game for a minute of it, I decided to move on.

I'll obviously still be around the boards and will help in whatever way I can to get the next OD off the ground, but aside from that, I won't be involved. For now, I don't plan to participate in any leagues other than maybe a PGA Tour league if one develops.

Good luck gentleman.

skipwondah33
06-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Damn

Regarding the NCAA related issues. Can definitely understand man.

Sucks to see you leave but figured it could likely happen. Know it isn't solely due to our game but it's been mounting...hell even for me, I just was going to hold on for as long as you ran the OD

Still will if Jeff picks up commish duties for it.

it's tough coming back to this game, then Madden though every other day :smh:

Escobar
06-17-2015, 03:34 AM
In the event that G agrees with blowing it up, I ask that he transfers commish to me so I can at least play one game of next season.

I would also like to play at least one game of next season. I finally will have this UAB team setup. Maybe we can play 2. One game against the CPU, then the next week a user game between us. If anyone else wants to play with their teams, just schedule all the user games at the beginning of the season.

TheAgency
06-17-2015, 09:46 AM
So where do we go from here? Is powerhouse/death penalty over?

pearice
06-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Say it isn't so... That last NCAA game, and all the guys from NCAA 2004 are dying off... I'm down to play however many of the next season.. This USC team is poop, and I think next year it will be where I want it..

TheAgency
06-18-2015, 10:15 AM
I would not be opposed to keeping things as they are with Arkansas and just deal with no xp if it meant keeping things going for the ones who want to stay.

marcotte14
06-22-2015, 02:24 PM
So...... who's taking over the new OD?

JeffHCross
06-22-2015, 10:16 PM
So...... who's taking over the new OD?Since no one else has said anything, and more than one person has asked if I am.... I'm pretty much assuming that I am.

If anyone else wants to, they're welcome to it.

marcotte14
06-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Was just wondering what we are doing. Are we starting after this year? If so, what teams are we limited to?

pearice
06-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I am in it to stay... If anyone else has a dynasty they play in lemme know I still love this game

TheAgency
06-23-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm ready to start from scratch. There are clearly some good football minds here and with the current set up, it makes for a good game. If we are going to pull the plug on the death penalty's current stance, I'd be willing and ready to start over with a two star school. Doesn't make a ton of sense to build another year just to throw it away. I'm in it for the long haul after the restart.

Papa LoneStar
06-23-2015, 09:18 PM
^I agree....let's draft!

skipwondah33
06-23-2015, 09:34 PM
Blow it up!

JeffHCross
06-23-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm working on a plan, guys, I just haven't had time to post it. :D

TheAgency
06-24-2015, 11:08 AM
G, would you be open to joining the next round and going on auto pilot. Juuuuuust in case you get an itch to comeback and we are in year 20xx, you could rejoin.

JeffHCross
12-18-2015, 09:30 AM

AIM or GroupMe probably helps more on Madden too because you've got more players in the league so you have a better chance of multiple people being around at the same time. It would have been cool in Powerhouse a few years ago, but by the time you suggested it our schedules had diverged a lot.

Plus some of us (me) are in a communications blackout at work :DAmazing how right ryby was. It's made a huge difference.

ryby6969
12-27-2015, 01:52 PM
Amazing how right ryby was. It's made a huge difference.

Told you lol!!!!