Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
Ahh another pistoleer. That will more than likely be my base offense (the screens out the pistol are just beautiful), I am thinking of putting some Strong and weak I in the mix, as well has having the 3-4 as my base with some 4-3 concepts. I cant really say for certain what exact plays I will run but thats why I like OD because I can recruit to my hybrid offense and defense and not have to be forced into a situation where I cannot run what I want due to lack of position players.
Sounds like we are looking to have similar playbooks on both offense and defense. I like that I can adapt the pistol to the personel that I have available. My aim will be to run a spread-option out of the pistol, but if I get a great pro-style quarterback I won't have to completely scrap the playbook.
I also like to have a hybrid defense, starting w/ a 3-4 base. I look for recruits who can fit a DE/OLB spot so I can use 3-4 and 4-3 formations as well as hybrid S/LB players who I can put at nickelback, the second safety in a 4-2-5, or OLB in base sets. This allows me to give the offense a lot of different looks, but with basically the same personel.