Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet

I've put together a spreadsheet outlining all of the formations that are included in each playbook. This is still a work-in-progress but definitely the bulk of the data is there. I will continue working on this throughout the gaming season so if you have any requests, I'll see what I can do. Let me know any and all feedback. My plans include the following:

• Count of Personnel Types per Playbook
    • Number of plays per Playbooks Formations

NCAA Football 11 Playbooks Spreadsheet
    Last edited by cdj; 03-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Sweet, thats great. It will really help me figure out if I want to stick with the teams playbook or just go with a base offense as a whole.

great job on the sheet.

kind of disappointed with the Texas Tech playbook. I'll likely have to use Houston's, ECU's, Oklahoma State's, or the generic Air Raid playbook when I play with Texas Tech. I'll have to test TTU's out first I suppose. makes me really wish there was a custom playbook so I could choose which formation I want.

That looks great. I'm liking Iowa's (I normally do since I love 2 TEs) plus it still has some I formations. Bama's, Boston College, Eastern Michigan, MSU, OSU, OU, etc. all have a nice set of ACE formations for me.

As long as it is ok with you, I added a link to your playbook spreadsheet in the spreadsheet that I made earlier for team info

Awesome work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That looks great. I'm liking Iowa's (I normally do since I love 2 TEs) plus it still has some I formations. Bama's, Boston College, Eastern Michigan, MSU, OSU, OU, etc. all have a nice set of ACE formations for me.
    WOW, I'm a huge 2 TE guy so that Iowa playbook is really nice. I'm a big formation power running guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    As long as it is ok with you, I added a link to your playbook spreadsheet in the spreadsheet that I made earlier for team info
    Certainly... by all means.

good stuff Tommy! thanks

I'm liking the look of Michigan State right now. They received one new Ace formation and one new I Formation plus the Maryland I package.

8 two back under center formations and four Ace Heavy formations. That could be a very nice setup for my style of play. Hopefully they have some good plays in it as well.

btw, for the speculation as to what playbook I was bragging about a few days ago, here it is:
    Wake Forest
    Ace - Big
    I-Form - Normal
    I-Form - Slot
    I-Form - Tight
    I-Form - Twins
    I-Form - Y-Trips
    Shotgun - Ace
    Shotgun - Ace Twins Wk
    Shotgun - Normal
    Shotgun - Normal HB Wk
    Shotgun - Split
    Shotgun - Split Slot
    Shotgun - Split Twins
    Shotgun - Spread
    Shotgun - Trips Over
    Shotgun - Wing Trips
    Shotgun - Y-Trips
    Shotgun - Y-Trips HB Wk
    Wishbone - Normal

I love all of Shotgun - Ace, the Shotgun - Split, the I-Form has triple option in it, and then to sweeten it, the Wishbone - Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    btw, for the speculation as to what playbook I was bragging about a few days ago, here it is:
    Wake Forest
    Ace - Big
    I-Form - Normal
    I-Form - Slot
    I-Form - Tight
    I-Form - Twins
    I-Form - Y-Trips
    Shotgun - Ace
    Shotgun - Ace Twins Wk
    Shotgun - Normal
    Shotgun - Normal HB Wk
    Shotgun - Split
    Shotgun - Split Slot
    Shotgun - Split Twins
    Shotgun - Spread
    Shotgun - Trips Over
    Shotgun - Wing Trips
    Shotgun - Y-Trips
    Shotgun - Y-Trips HB Wk
    Wishbone - Normal

I love all of Shotgun - Ace, the Shotgun - Split, the I-Form has triple option in it, and then to sweeten it, the Wishbone - Normal.

Wow Wishbone in the Wake playbook? I was way off on my guessing! That is odd but I will definitely have to check that one out.

I still can't believe out of all the Ace formations in the game, the only one they give Texas Tech is Ace - Big, a formation with 2 TEs in a balance formation. :rolleyes:

if anything, the Ace - Big Flip would have been a better choice, as they actually run that once a season or so.

would have at least liked an Ace formation with 4 WRs in it, and I would have liked to keep the Strong I - H Pro formation. I used that for a goal line type formation at times.

and whats with all the TE formations in the TTU playbook? I don't want to use Adam James.

overall, I like the formations in the TTU playbook, just wished there were a couple more non-shotgun formations, specifically a 4WR Ace and the Strong I - H Pro formation. but because of this, I'll likely try out the generic Air Raid playbook as well as Ok St, ECU, and Houston.
    Last edited by Solidice; 07-09-2010 at 04:23 PM.

don't be surprised if you see Ole Tommy line them up in something like this, now I have no idea if TT has 2 TE's on the roster, but if you do I bet you see some of this. Unless Tuberville is going to totally change the way he coache's (which I doubt he does) the Air Raid might get toned down a notch or 2. Tuberville is defensive minded, so he's going to get convervative in tight games.....

Air Force still looking good. And Utah State coming out of nowhere with an awesome book.

All the Wishbones is very strange to see.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Air Force still looking good. And Utah State coming out of nowhere with an awesome book.

Yeah, Utah State's looks pretty sweet as well. Great variation in that one. At least they will be used for something on this game now!

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    don't be surprised if you see Ole Tommy line them up in something like this, now I have no idea if TT has 2 TE's on the roster, but if you do I bet you see some of this. Unless Tuberville is going to totally change the way he coache's (which I doubt he does) the Air Raid might get toned down a notch or 2. Tuberville is defensive minded, so he's going to get convervative in tight games.....
    I guess it depend if Tommy really is going to let Neil Brown run the offense. Brown has said he wants to keep the offense relatively the same in scheme. he has stated that they could run some 5 WR formations, using motion more, and running the ball more, but still passing about the same amount of times(by running a fast no-huddle making more plays per game). I haven't seem much footage from the spring game, so I don't know how they ran the offense in that.

as far as TEs on the roster, on the spring depth chart, we have Adam James and a converted defensive end.

I know our defense is really changed, running a 3-4 this season.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

Actually, Utah State's playbook was pretty decent in '10 as well, just a little generic. Now, it's a bit more refined and as a result, a damn good looking playbook.

I'm pretty excited to use Idaho's and Nevada's playbooks. I really need to use some spread team's playbook as well because I desperately need to learn how to run the spread correctly (now that correct reads are needed for option plays and such).

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated.