Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Ages Medieval (PC / PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display

Grand Ages Medieval (PC / PS4)

The game is set for release in late September on both PC and PS4. This game comes from the creators of Gran Ages Rome and Imperium Romanum. I have been waiting for these types of games to make their arrival onto console. Good on Kalypso media... first Tropico 5 and now this. Well done!

It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress and a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness.

Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.

Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement and rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!

Features:
    •Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
    •Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
    •Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
    •Research and utilise 50 major technological advancements of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
    •Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
    •Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via network and online
    From grandages.com

Apparently this Thursday Kalypso will be streaming live gameplay on Twitch.

7 empires can grow during this time period. I guess this is a zoomed out map. In others I have seen North Africa colonized, but that is not the case here???
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-25-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Steeler mentioned he might be interested in this game. It does support up to 8 person multiplayer. Future TGT game?

Warfare looks chaotic. The devs said you can only have 200 troops but I'm not sure if that is for one town or your whole empire.

I will be creating a Briton named Arthur.

Original, I know.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm interested but it'll have to be for PS4. My laptop is so old and outdated, it can barely run any games anymore. Plus I've been having issues with the hard drive slowly failing. So my PC gaming is officially dead until I get around to buying a new laptop or PC.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I will be creating a Briton named Arthur.

Original, I know.
    I think for my first empire I was going to start in Ireland or England. After my first play through definitely Scandinavia will be the starting point.

I am interested but like Smooth I would definitely be on PS4.

Not a great clip and annoying hosts but does give some limited gameplay. The only thing I don't like is that on fast a game could be done in 10 hours. I will NOT be playing on fast!

Found this hour of start-up gameplay from a live stream last week. They are running the game on slow and showing the basic set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I am interested but like Smooth I would definitely be on PS4.
    That is my plan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    That is my plan as well.

This could be interesting but only at $20 for me. I just don't know how much I would like this game and a full console price is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    This could be interesting but only at $20 for me. I just don't know how much I would like this game and a full console price is high.
    I will happily pay the higher amount simply because these types of games have been absent from consoles for 2 generations. I will be picking up Tropico 5 once I get paid. Do I need it? No! However, I want to support Kalypso media and see them continue to put these types of games on console. For me, Grand Ages Medieval is a combo of three games: Civ 5, Grand Ages Rome, and Tropico 5. This type of stuff and sports games are why I got into console gaming in the first place.

So this is like a medieval Tropico? I have Tropico 5 on the PS4 and love it.
    The dude abides.

Definitely looks to be a challenge keeping track of everything (since it's not turn based like the Civ series).