Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Retail Release Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 14 Retail Release Q&A Thread

As usual this time of year, we're expecting to be receiving early copies of NCAA Football 14 and we want to answer all of your questions. At this point, we don't know the date that we would receive copies and we also aren't certain when we'll be able to share info. That said, we want you to go ahead and start asking questions regarding the game so that when the time comes, we can have everything ready to share.

Use this thread to ask questions regarding the game from Gameplay to Dynasty to Presentation and everything in between. We'll do our best to answer them when we can.

I have a question. Exactly how much do you want for your early copy?

1) Can we delete all "Are the rosters out yet?" threads until RASTAS actually come out?

2) Is Seymour, the mascot at finally in the game?

Sorry everyone for not having any gameplay questions as if it weren't for forums, I wouldn't know 95% of the game's problems actually exist.

Do players Transfer like crazy after year 1 in the dyn..I would have 6 to 8 players leave OR trying to leave and that is after a Championship year..or when they could be starters the next season...can we turn transfer OFF and ON..

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    1) Can we delete all "Are the rosters out yet?" threads until RASTAS actually come out?

2) Is Seymour, the mascot at finally in the game?

Sorry everyone for not having any gameplay questions as if it weren't for forums, I wouldn't know 95% of the game's problems actually exist.
    I figured you would have rosters ready by now . What is holding you up

Typed by thumbs.

We want our RASTAHS!

where r da RASTAHS!?

1) any pistol flexbone... or does Navy just have pistol in their playbook...

2) i assume quick audibles are still not able to be manually configured... yes or no?

Can we get a vid of the halftime show? Or at least what to expect from it?

How is the option defense for both CPU and user? Improved any over the demo?

How about QB accuracy? Seemed high in the demo and the sliders didn't seem to have much effect.

Wrong thread, my bad...
    Last edited by ThaShark316; 06-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.

How is the pass defense in the retail version? Pass rush?

This concerns edited coaches and the creation of an online dynasty, is a coaches level set to equal the OD setting or does the modified level carry on through?

Edit: If the prior, can the commissioner change the level after the creation of the dynasty?
    Last edited by Aglemar; 06-27-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Alright sorry for the length but any info on the following issues would help me and some others make a better decision before purchasing NCAA 14.

Is the defensive playcall screen lag still present during no huddle situations like in the demo? (Especially bothersome when the CPU goes hurry-up when losing in 2nd half)

CPU still switching to Aggressive Zones in the game plan adjustments? (Check by playing short 3 minute game and seeing the CPU teams Zone Coverage Adjustment each quarter by switching the controller to the CPU team and looking at Adjustments)

Are ghost tackles still happening when you use stiff arm?

Screen passes still being called too much by the CPU? Has the blocking improved on a screen pass at all (auto sack still against CPU)? WR Mid Screens and Bubble Screens still worthless?

Heisman Offensive difficulty still causing the CPU to attempt 55 yard FG's for weak kickers?

Floating fans shown during the Player of the Game cut scene?

Intermittent Floating and moving football across the end zone after TD's? Causing no instant replay of the TD and the play clock runs down to 0 without showing the PAT playcall screen ( happens if you don't touch the controller)?

Zone coverage still wide open(especially over the middle)?

Penalty slider work at 100 for Holding or Defensive Pass Interference?

Fatigue over the course of a game is it done well? How about auto subs, I especially want to know if the game still removes my starting HB automatically in the 4th if he has like 20 carries in a game through 3 quarters?

Read Option still over-powered like demo? (Play a Heisman OFF and DEF difficulty all 50 default sliders against Alabama week 1 of a Dynasty for Virginia Tech and call only Read Option plays from different formations and check it's effectiveness)

How is the stumble recovery mechanism? Is the window still too fast to flick the right stick in time to make this work properly during an actual game?

Defenders still super diving and making tackles when they are like 4 yards behind a runner?

Interceptions that carry defender out of end zone still result in TD? Interceptions that carry defender out of bounds inside 10 yard line still flipping the field (Pick off sideline pass inside my own 10 yard line results in 1st and goal for my team)

How is the artificial delay on offense for the no huddle? Is the QB still making hand signals and communicating with his line during the no huddle late game hurry up (it's even done when you use the spike ball in the demo)?

HB Toss and HB Sweep's are both causing the HB to stop momentarily after receiving the pitch from the QB. The play becomes useless please tell me this is fixed in the retail version.

The slowdown that occurs when switching to User control after a catch is similar to the stop after pitch I just asked about but it isn't as blatant. The receiver will catch the pass running at normal speed but switch to User control after the catch and the ball carrier slows down every time in the demo, is this still the case?

The shuffling of the feet animation while running is happening in almost every play for me in the demo. Is this still present in the retail copy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUd5o...layer_embedded For reference if you haven't seen it in the demo. The Packers' Cobb returns the kickoff and the shuffling feet animation occurs when he gets to the 30 yard line around 1:36 in the video. This shuffling of feet animation is more than an eye sore to me, it affects the play since the ball carrier shuffles his feet wasting a step he may have on the defender.

Is the FG Power, FG Accuracy, and the Kickoff Power sliders working for the User in the retail version? In the demo you could put these User sliders at 0 and the distance and accuracy remained the same as default 50.

How is the new recruiting on Heisman difficulty? How much easier is it if you leave it on Varsity for recruiting? I just read the thread voltool16 started the other day and he struggled in his first go around, how did you do in your 1st season(if you recall)? How likely is it to still see 5 star recruits in the off-season phase of recruiting? Can you put all your off-season points on a top 4 or 5 star prospect and get him every time?

Thanks gschwendt I always appreciate what you do for all of us here
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 07-05-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added a few more questions again

Thank you sir for the great service you provide this community.

Coach Mode...you know I gotta ask about all things coach mode.

In regards to OD/dynasty games.
    1. Is the coach mode still an option when starting a game?
    2. Is it still restricted to one camera angle or can coach moders now use all the other new camera angles?

Thank you again for any insight you might be able to provide.

Will there be dynamic weather in the game this year? It would be nice if they could get this in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Will there be dynamic weather in the game this year? It would be nice if they could get this in the game.
    In addition to this, are we able to select weather during dynasty games or is it the same as previous years?

Can you max out the Coachstradamus skill and explain how it works?

Typed by thumbs.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Can you max out the Coachstradamus skill and explain how it works?

Typed by thumbs.

Would be very interesting to see how exactly it's "predicting" plays.

Maybe try different things with it like:

Choose the same play over and over again and see if it gets it and if so, how long before it did

Choose a play that has a setup play with it a few times until the other play is setup and then choose the setup play (see if it catches on to that)

Choose a formation that has a lot of plays that all look exactly the same (same HB motion, so automotion, etc) and see if it figures out which one is gonna be chosen next

Of course, player vs player would be the best way to test it so that you know exactly what the other person is choosing and can compare what they chose to what it was telling you they were going to choose.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 06-28-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Quick update, looks like we'll be able to answer all of your questions on July 5th at 1pm ET. We'll prep any questions we get beforehand so continue to post your questions and we'll share answers as soon as we can.