Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
    Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager

While I hate to agree with some people....its not my job to test all of this out and send it to you, taking time out of my life. Its your job to know , kudos for all the guys here and other sites who have brought these issues to their attention. Thanks gentleman.

yeah, I agree. I hope others can basically beta test the game so it can be resolved in the next patch. It's basically October and we're still going through these problems.

Can those in the know kind of give us a sense of what EA's "internal certification process" involves? It seems to me that it SHOULD involve actually playing the game both on the 360 and PS3. It would not have taken very long of playing after patch #2 to see/find the no huddle glitch.

Totally get it guys. I've included that information for those guys who want to provide specifics on what they are seeing. As you guys have probably seen, there are many different forms of this issue that guys are experiencing and that's why I've asked for specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Can those in the know kind of give us a sense of what EA's "internal certification process" involves? It seems to me that it SHOULD involve actually playing the game both on the 360 and PS3. It would not have taken very long of playing after patch #2 to see/find the no huddle glitch.
    I don't know what all goes on in the process myself, but we were aware of the issue as soon as the first report came in. Knowing the issue and finding the root cause to address it are two different things.

Dewiel, the way I read that it doesn't look promising that the TRANSFER FAILED issue is going to be fixed very soon. Is it still too soon for EA to even know if it will be fixed in the patch versus not needing a patch because the problem is server side?

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Dewiel, the way I read that it doesn't look promising that the TRANSFER FAILED issue is going to be fixed very soon. Is it still too soon for EA to even know if it will be fixed in the patch versus not needing a patch because the problem is server side?
    I don't have specifics, but I can tell you that we are working non stop on this and we were able to address the transfer fail issue for many of the guys who were stuck in "Bowl Week" server side. Once I have more information from the team, I'll let you guys know.

i wish they would fix flexibility of wr's

Until they fix it, superlinebackers are my nemesis and will continue to be.

Thanks, Justin.

And thanks for putting up with needless BS from the community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update, hopefully this isn't taking up too many resources that should be working on NCAA 13 at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post
    Thanks for the update, hopefully this isn't taking up too many resources that should be working on NCAA 13 at this point...
    Ummmmm, normally I might entertain this thought; however, when the current game does NOT PLAY at all in dynasty mode and every aspect of the game that they advertise does not work, well that needs to be fixed first or you have an issue of mail fraud on your hands. Its not even legal to claim your widget/game can do things that it can't.

Dewiel, I know this isn't what you're after, but will TU3 address the weird issue with unwanted plays/formations in custom playbooks? Is is possible that these unwanted plays/formations are related to the no-huddle bug?

When using my custom playbook, I usually get nothing but 4 Verticals plays when I go no-huddle ...

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Dewiel, I know this isn't what you're after, but will TU3 address the weird issue with unwanted plays/formations in custom playbooks? Is is possible that these unwanted plays/formations are related to the no-huddle bug?

When using my custom playbook, I usually get nothing but 4 Verticals plays when I go no-huddle ...
    We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue. We are still collecting feedback and looking into other issues. I'll keep you guys posted.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Ummmmm, normally I might entertain this thought; however, when the current game does NOT PLAY at all in dynasty mode and every aspect of the game that they advertise does not work, well that needs to be fixed first or you have an issue of mail fraud on your hands. Its not even legal to claim your widget/game can do things that it can't.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't fix it, i'm just wondering how much potential/attention is taken away from 13 because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks, Justin.

And thanks for putting up with needless BS from the community.

Yeah, because asking for a correctly working game that we all paid money for is "needless bullshit."

Quote Originally Posted by Dewiel View Post
    We wanted to get the "No Huddle" fix out there as quickly as possible, so Title Update #3 only addresses the "No Huddle" issue.
    Thanks for the response and your honesty. I do hope the issue with "locked" plays and formations in custom playbooks gets fixed eventually, because I think I speak for a lot of people when I say custom playbooks were the #1 reason many of us bought NCAA 12.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yeah, because asking for a correctly working game that we all paid money for is "needless bullshit."
    I would call it needless bullshit because there is no need for anyone to act childish about anything relating to a video game. I mean we all want the same thing here right? We want a great game that plays well, correct?

Sure we can all vent, most have done so in numerous other threads here. This thread was started as an update from EA directly. Let's keep it that way. No sense in slapping the hand that feeds you.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 09-21-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    No, it's not.

But, IMO, when everyone has been asking for an update/help/anything, and Justin comes here and gives it, there's no need to immediately say things like "it's not my job to send you this info".

While true, it's needless and pointless to say such things. If you don't want to help, don't. Others might. And others may be happy to have someone look at their OD instead of wallowing in self pity.

My OD hasn't worked in nearly 2 months. If having the info they asked for helps them, and, in turn, helps others - that is what the community is about.

Shooting the messenger, who didn't have to deliver the message at all, is pointless.