Thread: How to invite someone from your friends list to a game

• Facebook
  • Display

How to invite someone from your friends list to a game

I mentioned this during the pre-release Q&A but I'm sure it got lost in the shuffle so I thought I'd post it again. This works certainly on PS3 and I would assume it would work the same on 360 but to do it:

Go to the Online section
    Select Leaderboards
    Then select the third tab labeled Friends

You'll see a leaderboard for those of your friends that have played the game (might be required to have have played a game online first). From there, you can just press or to send an invite.

Yeah, it's still annoying, though. I wish they had the system they had on PS2. You press a button to bring up your friend's list(which only showed friends playing NCAA) and then it would have a list of your online friends and what they were doing. If they were playing a game, it would say the score and quarter. If they were in a lobby, it would say which one. To invite them all you had to do was highlight their name and invite. No matter what they were doing they would be able to accept. So simple.

Since I don't play online much maybe you can give your opinion but would it satisfy you if they either defaulted leaderboards to your friends or just add a new button that says friends and took you to that leaderboard view?

I could see a remote possibility that they could add that in a patch.

I'd say your second idea would be the best way. That way they could basically create a shortcut so that at any point you could bring up the friend's leaderboard and then invite them from that. That would definitely be a lot better than what they have now. Really, anything would be better than what they have now but I do like the idea of a new button that brings up the leaderboard in friend view from anywhere.