23 39.66%
  • Dislike it

2 3.45%
Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

Exclamation NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

We've shared our thoughts for the past two weeks, now it's your turn. Use this thread to post your thoughts on the game for this year.

Also, make sure to post your wish list and feedback ideas here, while posting bugs and glitches in the thread linked here.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-11-2011 at 10:14 PM.

I'm glad this thread is up because I just HAD to share this story.

Every summer, 2 boys that my wife used to babysit and essentially helped raised come stay at our home for about a month or so. Last year on NCAA '11, the oldest boy (15 then, now 16) played 1 game. I was Southern Miss and he was LSU. I beat him quite handily. We played 1 game of the demo. I was Texas and he was Oregon. I beat him pretty good but he returned 2 kickoffs with Oregon's KR #24. He took that as a moral victory, declaring himself "the kickoff master" even though I knew it was luck. Anyway, as I was playing NCAA 12, he started talking trash about me. I asked him if he wanted to get his (LSU) Tigers whipped again and he said, no because he didn't want to lose. Then, a lightbulb went off in his head and he asked if he could use Oregon. I said sure so we started playing. HE WAS KILLING ME! I was down 7-0 at the end of 1, 21-0 before I scored my first points. Of course, blowing me out put more trash talk in his mouth but I never said a word. I just focused on moving the ball. Fast forward to the 4th quarter. I'm down 14 points. With 3 minutes and some change to go. I drive the field, and score a TD. With 2 minutes and change to go, he throws a pic and I return it deep into his territory. I score a quick TD with a little under 2 minutes to go. If he were smart, he would have run the clock. Nope, 3 straight incompletions. He punts the ball. I get to his 46 with 4 seconds to go. I heave a desperation bomb, #27 got behind the linebacker he was user controlling, and I score the game winning TD with no time on the clock! I literally ran around my house screaming and jumping! Final score Southern Miss 45 Oregon 38. I saved the replay of the TD and took a pic. I'll post it soon enough. Man, that was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, now, impressions.

I've mentioned before but I'll say it again, I find not being able to arrange my formations in a custom playbook kinda lame. It annoys me with my defensive book a lot more then my offensive book but it's far from a "real" issue.

I still can't pass.

No suction tackling is a MUCH bigger deal then I would have ever anticipated. It's not something that I ever cared about but now I see what a difference it makes, especially in the running game.

I've only played 2 games worth but I really like it. Then again, I like every release so don't consider me Mr. Critical.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm glad this thread is up because I just HAD to share this story.

Every summer, 2 boys that my wife used to babysit and essentially helped raised come stay at our home for about a month or so. Last year on NCAA '11, the oldest boy (15 then, now 16) played 1 game. I was Southern Miss and he was LSU. I beat him quite handily. We played 1 game of the demo. I was Texas and he was Oregon. I beat him pretty good but he returned 2 kickoffs with Oregon's KR #24. He took that as a moral victory, declaring himself "the kickoff master" even though I knew it was luck. Anyway, as I was playing NCAA 12, he started talking trash about me. I asked him if he wanted to get his (LSU) Tigers whipped again and he said, no because he didn't want to lose. Then, a lightbulb went off in his head and he asked if he could use Oregon. I said sure so we started playing. HE WAS KILLING ME! I was down 7-0 at the end of 1, 21-0 before I scored my first points. Of course, blowing me out put more trash talk in his mouth but I never said a word. I just focused on moving the ball. Fast forward to the 4th quarter. I'm down 14 points. With 3 minutes and some change to go. I drive the field, and score a TD. With 2 minutes and change to go, he throws a pic and I return it deep into his territory. I score a quick TD with a little under 2 minutes to go. If he were smart, he would have run the clock. Nope, 3 straight incompletions. He punts the ball. I get to his 46 with 4 seconds to go. I heave a desperation bomb, #27 got behind the linebacker he was user controlling, and I score the game winning TD with no time on the clock! I literally ran around my house screaming and jumping! Final score Southern Miss 45 Oregon 38. I saved the replay of the TD and took a pic. I'll post it soon enough. Man, that was awesome!
    That's an AWESOME story!

I played someone in an OD last year with something similar happening. I can't remember who it was or what teams we were playing, but, man, it was exhilarating to pull of a come from behind win and score with no team left on the clock. It was the best game of football I had ever played and it was extremely enjoyable.

I can't fuckin' wait until I get '12. Only another day or work and I will be able to fuckin' play.

Article: NCAA Football 12 is here! Share your game thoughts

jus left gamestop!!! Update n progress!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Games already within the first hour frozen and cut off twice

The game has frozen on me and cut off twice and when I try to restart it the next 1-2 times it'll say an error occurred. Is anybody else having this problem. I'm so pissed right now...

3 times...wow...just ridiculous. Will play for like 5 mins and it'll happen when I'm like switching screens or somebody's weight. So so pissed right now

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSnickelfritz View Post
    The game has frozen on me and cut off twice and when I try to restart it the next 1-2 times it'll say an error occurred. Is anybody else having this problem. I'm so pissed right now...
    Haven't seen or heard that. Which system?

Now hopefully only a 12 or 13 hour wait for UPS, and not a 15 or 16 hour wait.

Freshman
    NCAA Football Orchestrates games. This happens a lot in user games. I could tell you horror stories from the other side of that game winning by 4 scores at halftime and losing a game. It was so bad last year it dissolved our dynasty when in the second half one guy had 3 points scored on him in 5 user games. All of which he was down at least 3 scores at halftime. So either he is the most awesome second half player of all-time even though his strategy never changed but his team went into "super awesome" mode. But they do it for moments like this. Hey, some people wait a lifetime.

No Booklet???

Just opened my game and there's a card w/ a code for on-line play but there's no booklet! Nothing that explains what buttons apply to what, etc. Is this something new or did I just get a screwy copy? Granted, I am intelligent enough to figure it all out... but how can a game not have a booklet? I just don't get that.

It's all in-game now. EA's doing it with all of their games.

http://http://www.gamasutra.com/view...on_Manuals.php

Quote Originally Posted by BearDownUofA View Post
    It's all in-game now. EA's doing it with all of their games.
    Yeah, I just found it. Any Mod wishing to toss this thread overboard, please feel free to do so!

I've frozen twice now. Once in the front end and once at the end of an online game prior to loading to the stats section. I'm on the 360.

are you talking about the game/disc itself or just being cut off of online play?

..or leave it just in case theres a question/command someone hasnt researched on the game yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    are you talking about the game/disc itself or just being cut off of online play?
    My game had just gone final and it was loading to the final menu where you check stats and stuff. That's where I froze.