Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm going through all of the playbooks now (only 5 or so remaining) and creating a spreadsheet that shows every formation in a playbook, including Wildcats and Goalline so if you want a specific one, you can at least start with that team as your template.
    Is that spreadsheet ready? I'd like to ogle it lewdly for the next 22 hours or so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Is that spreadsheet ready? I'd like to ogle it lewdly for the next 22 hours or so ...
    v1.0 is nearly complete, however I have another set of eyes looking at it to give any feedback. I'll hopefully have it posted sometime this afternoon.

v1.0 is nearly complete, however I have another set of eyes looking at it to give any feedback. I'll hopefully have it posted sometime this afternoon.
    Nice. I can probably burn half my shift at work tonight studying it

custom playbooks might be the best addition this year. just spent a couple of hours making one. It's great, so many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    custom playbooks might be the best addition this year. just spent a couple of hours making one. It's great, so many possibilities.
    Your words are torture. Only one more sleep till launch day ...

I'm curious to see what hidden plays are available in certain Team playbooks. For example, people have mentioned the Auburn Wildcat that is only available if you select the Auburn playbook as your base playbook. It is not available to you through Custom Playbooks from my understanding. With that being said, I wonder if there is some hidden Pistol goodness in the Nevada, Ohio, Indiana, UCLA, Hawaii, etc. that can only be used in those playbooks, if any? If this proves to be true, it tempers my excitement a little towards Custom Playbooks. Rather than having everything at my fingertips, I've got to do a thorough search through each Team playbook for Team specific plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    I'm curious to see what hidden plays are available in certain Team playbooks. For example, people have mentioned the Auburn Wildcat that is only available if you select the Auburn playbook as your base playbook. It is not available to you through Custom Playbooks from my understanding. With that being said, I wonder if there is some hidden Pistol goodness in the Nevada, Ohio, Indiana, UCLA, Hawaii, etc. that can only be used in those playbooks, if any? If this proves to be true, it tempers my excitement a little towards Custom Playbooks. Rather than having everything at my fingertips, I've got to do a thorough search through each Team playbook for Team specific plays.
    No. The only "hidden" formations are Wildcats (12), Goallines (6), and Syracuse has Empty - Flex Trey which is unique to them.

For the the Wildcats, some of them have multiple wildcat formations inside the same formation. So for example, Nebraska has the Shotgun - Wildcat Slot (aka Bulldog) and Shotgun - Wildcat Vulcan (UAB's Y-Trips style Wildcat) mixed into their Wild Husker.

Sometime in the future I plan to outline the unique formations and what is included in them (including play-art) since you can't see them in the CPB creation area.

Sometime in the future I plan to outline the unique formations and what is included in them (including play-art) since you can't see them in the CPB creation area.
    These team-specific Wildcat formations sound annoying. Wish they had just dumped them all in custom playbooks ...

No. The only "hidden" formations are Wildcats (12), Goallines (6), and Syracuse has Empty - Flex Trey which is unique to them.

For the the Wildcats, some of them have multiple wildcat formations inside the same formation. So for example, Nebraska has the Shotgun - Wildcat Slot (aka Bulldog) and Shotgun - Wildcat Vulcan (UAB's Y-Trips style Wildcat) mixed into their Wild Husker.

Well, that's good to know. I never ran any Wildcat stuff so those don't really pertain to me. I wonder why Syracuse was left a unique formation? Developer error?

I noticed you mentioned Goal Lines...I know some of them were unique to certain teams in last years edition such as TCU's Power-I. Which teams have different Goal Line formations and what are the differences from a regular Goal Line package?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    Well, that's good to know. I never ran any Wildcat stuff so those don't really pertain to me. I wonder why Syracuse was left a unique formation? Developer error?

I noticed you mentioned Goal Lines...I know some of them were unique to certain teams in last years edition such as TCU's Power-I. Which teams have different Goal Line formations and what are the differences from a regular Goal Line package?
    Not sure about Syracuse's formation but yeah I would assume it's some kind of oversight.

As for the Goallines, that will be covered in my spreadsheet. However, I'll need help from the community to identify teams that have "Goalline - Normal" but have unique plays/formations hidden inside it. Not sure if there are for sure any but I know there were some last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    These team-specific Wildcat formations sound annoying. Wish they had just dumped them all in custom playbooks ...
    Yeah, I wish they would be as well. It was my understanding initially that they would be but something obviously changed along the way.

I like how you can reorder the plays but I'm not liking how we can't reorder the formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I like how you can reorder the plays but I'm not liking how we can't reorder the formations.
    Yeah... that's something I hope is added next year.

One note though, formations you add are alphabetized after the existing formations. So theoretically, you could remove all formations and then add them back in to at least have them all alphabetized. Not ideal but workable.

It's a work around for the time being at the very least, as far as reordering the formations.

Those goallines formations I'm going to take a look at a few teams each night here for a bit till we kick off online dynasties. If I come across any I'll let you know G.

Yo G...don't know if you can answer, but "Wildcat Ace"...(Its Unique, btw)

Is that what I think it is? 2 WR, 2 TE?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

That and Wildcat tackle over?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

That one I struggled with a good description. Here's a quick diagram of it it.

Quote Originally Posted by th3 last tiger View Post
    That and Wildcat tackle over?
    Wildcat Tackle Over is exactly the same alignment as the regular Wildcat, except the Left Tackle and TE are swapped. It also has some unique plays (I think a blast).

Wildcat Tackle Over is exactly the same alignment as the regular Wildcat, except the Left Tackle and TE are swapped. It also has some unique plays (I think a blast).
    Thanks for answering our questions even though we would just wait a few hours.