Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Playbook Spreadsheet

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 12 Playbook Spreadsheet

I've put together a Playbook Spreadsheet for this year. The first edition is just basic information including what formations are included in each team's playbook, what (if any) unique formations are included in each playbook, and a list of all formations included in the game as well as how many runs & passes for each.

Future Plans include
    • "Audible Formations" for each playbook (ie formations you can't remove until you edit it's Audibles)
    • Formation Description such as Under Center vs Shotgun, personnel included, etc.
    • Breakdown of Unique Formations including description, plays (with play-art, etc.)

I'll also request help from you... as you play with certain playbooks, please alert me to which Goalline - Normal formations actually include plays that aren't generally part of the Goalline - Normal. For example, in NCAA11, some teams had Maryland I hidden in their Goalline - Normal. Just a simple reply to this thread will help.

As well, the descriptions of some of the unique Wildcat formations are ones that I came up with on my own, however if you notice that they don't really make any sense, let me know and we can possibly come up with something that makes more sense.

So... without further ado, here's the link. Let me know any and all feedback and certainly any corrections that you find. Everyone should be able to access it, though I know last year there was confusion about having to be granted permission to read it but that shouldn't be the case.
    NCAA Football 12 Playbook Spreadsheet

That is awesome, well done!

55 pass plays in shotgun spread

Do the asteriks indicate a unique formation?

Quote Originally Posted by th3 last tiger View Post
    Do the asteriks indicate a unique formation?
    Yes.

Rice has "wildcat twin TE". Wouldn't that be considered "Unique"?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
    Rice has "wildcat twin TE". Wouldn't that be considered "Unique"?
    Yeah, looks like I mislabeled that one. It should be just called Wild Owl because it incorporates both the Wildcat Big (aka Wildcat Ace) and also what appears to be a unique formation that looks similar to a Strong I - Twin TE formation (except the QB is split out wide).

Thanks for the catch. Let me know if you find any others that I overlooked.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Great work once again Tommy. Appreciate the work man.

this is great stuff

Well done G!

Thank you! Your work never goes under-appreciated.

question say i want SMU's base playbook but then i want to add Pistol full house can i add that or no?

E: Got it i just get impatient and dont look

Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
    question say i want SMU's base playbook but then i want to add Pistol full house can i add that or no?

E: Got it i just get impatient and dont look
    Not sure if you're saying you found the answer yourself or not but the answer is yes. You can add and remove formations to your playbook and then save it as a new playbook to use.

ya i found the answer lol

On the All Formation tab, I added formation style (UC/SG/Pi/WC), and personnel for all formations. As well added brief description for some of the team-specific Wildcat formations.

EXCELLENT information - especially now with the custome playbook bug perhaps making us play for awhile with a standard playbook - this is EXACTLY what I was looking for - thanks

Awesome effort as per usual. I was using this last night to construct a THREE RECEIVER offense. I call it THREE WIDE 11 as every set has three WR's and 1 RB and 1 FB. It's based on Army's FLEXBONE... we'' see how it works.

Please let me know if you'd like any help doing some data mining for future additions to your sheet!

Tommy, have you noticed that in addition to Wildcat and Goal Line, some teams also have plays that can't be removed?

For example, it seems Alabama's playbook comes with two locked plays: Ace Big Blunt Dive and Ace Big Stick. You can't see the plays in the Custom Playbooks menu, but they're there once your playbook is built.

This might be tied to the fact that both those plays are run from a "hidden" formation ... both receivers are pinched in close to the TEs.

UPDATE: Yup, definitely some "locked" plays in playbooks. South Carolina has four Emory & Henry plays locked in their playbook under Ace Big.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 08-02-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Yeah... I'm referring to those as "residue" plays. There's not really a good way to track that short of creating a playbook with every single team, then removing all formations except something not included (ie Flexbone) and see what remains. That said, I'm hoping that that sort of issue is corrected in the upcoming patch but obviously since it's not included in the patch notes, at this point it's unclear at best.