Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Info Q&A thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Info Q&A thread

None of the community event attendees will be able to discuss further until Monday, however feel free to get an early start on asking your questions that you'd like to see us answer.

Answers begin on page 3.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 05-23-2011 at 03:53 PM.

One I can remember being asked right off the bat. Sharing edited coaches.

Do you still have to swap teams out so that a Teambuilder team can be in a dynasty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are custom rivalries in?

Can you make changes to the dynasty after starting? I.E. change conferences around, or change the amount of conference games after a few years?

I got a bunch for coaching carousel:

1) What are all the ratings that coaches have?
    2) Do coaches have ratings that can be edited(before and during Dynasty)?
    3) Do the coach ratings impact my players during gameplay or are they purely cosmetic?
    4) Do coaches have an impact on player development or is it still tied to your team prestige?
    5) Do coach ratings impact recruiting or is it like before based off of your team prestige?
    6) Does the game create new head coaches and coordinators every year? Can we create new coaches during Dynasty like we can prospects?
    7) Is the entire pool of coaches available in the off-season or are we offered limited choices based on our playbook styles?
    8) As a head coach can we designate playcalling duties to one or both of our coordinators and limit the side of the ball we can play on the field?
    9) How is the sorting feature for available coaches? Alphabetical? By prestige? By ratings? By Age? By Playbook style?
    10) How do custom playbooks tie into this new feature?
    11) On gameday do coaches have ability to make an impact during timeouts like last gen? How about half-time adjustments?
    12) How difficult are the goals to achieve in order to progress from a low D prestige coach to a highly sought after A prestige coach?
    13) How quickly can we progress from a D prestige to an A prestige? One letter grade improvement max or can we make huge strides in just a year or 2?
    14) If our coordinators contract is up do we have first dibs on re-signing him or is he automatically added to the pool of available coaches?
    15) How does recruiting work with being a coordinator? In other words are we limited to offensive recruits if we are an OC?
    16) What is the maximum and minimum length of contract for HC? OC? DC?
    17) How is the progression system for the coach ratings? Is it stat based? W-L based? Awards based? Age based? Team prestige based?

Other Dynasty questions:
    1) Medical redshirts?
    2) Spring game?
    3) Off-season drills?
    4) Homecoming game?
    5) Heisman presentation show?
    6) Scouting feature during recruiting?
    7) In-season progression?
    8) Dynamic player ratings from week to week like Madden?
    9) More accurate sim stats?
    10) Senior day/night?
    11) Create or lose rivalries?
    12) HS All-American Bowl with ESPN top 150?
    13) Senior Bowl?
    14) Designate Impact players and team captains?
    15) Full editing of existing players during a Dynasty?
    16) Editing of recruits in Dynasty?
    17) Changes or improvements to the slot machine recruiting system?
    18) National signing day show with player announcements from a select group of top recruits?
    19) Can we update our Stadiums over the course of a Dynasty? Specifically the ability to change the seating capacity of the stadium? Change the field color? Endzone and Midfield art? Field type (grass, field turf, art. turf)?
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 05-19-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Can you hire/fire your coordinators as a HC?

Can you just pick HC/OC/DC?
    When you're the head coach do you have more assistants than DC/OC and do you fire/hire DC/OC's while you're the head of the team?
    Do playbooks travel with a coach?
    Anything else new and cool in Dynasty Mode?

EDIT: I looked at the photos and it looks like only HC/OC/DC are in the game. So based on that and the photos do you get a chance to counter offer people? Like on one of the screenshots it said Stanford's OC was hired as the HC at Penn State so they had to hire the OC from Arkansas whose contract expired. Do you get a chance to offer them an extension or anything else maybe make them HC in waiting if you have a tenured coach?

This all has me pretty pumped about Dynasty.
    Last edited by DariusLock; 05-19-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Recruit
    • Are conference invites finally added to Online Dynasty?
    • Have medical redshirts been added?
    • How does sharing coaches work? Could someone enter all the coaches names and would I have to download each coach one by one or could I just download the file and it would have all of the changes for every coach?
    • Is there any new commentary that refers to the HC, OC or DC?
    • Will future conference moves happen automatically (IE, TCU to Big East in 2012, etc)?
    Last edited by BPHusker; 05-19-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Removed non-dynasty questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    Are conference invites finally added to Online Dynasty?
    Can you have duplicate numbers (Offense/Defense)?
    Have medical redshirts been added?
    Can you do roster editing online?
    The two that are bolded aren't really Dynasty questions.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The two that are bolded aren't really Dynasty questions.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    Fixed.
    Don't worry though, as soon as we have the green light to discuss anything & everything, we'll do our best to answer everyone's questions similar to last year.

Freshman
    1. Will the OC/DC have ratings that impact game play, like ratings in teaching, offensive knowledge, defensive knowledge, etc ?

2. Can you fire your OC/DC ?

3. Do playbooks follow the OC/DC ?

4. Lets say you hired your rival's OC/DC. Does the commentary make mention of this during dynasty ?

Not an important question...just wondering how it will all work with Teambuilder. I assume you'll swap your TB team then edit coach? ...or I wonder if this will be a TB update. Adding all the edit coach functions to the Tb site?

Is there still an option in dynasty mode to create a new coach as time goes on? Or, perhaps a better option, if I get fired in my dynasty, can I continue to play with the same school as a new coach? I want to be able to remain with one team throughout my dynasty, but still have coaching changes (fire my coach, have him retire, and hire new ones)

I'm most interested in the recruits. What are incoming freshman ratings...how many blue chippers etc.
    Gracias!

Will the conferences automatically shift for the new teams coming in at the respective time? I.E TCU to the Big East in 2012.

Also, since we saw the SPARQ logo before, does that mean we will get a Stars and a Sparq Rating?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyKirch View Post
    Will the conferences automatically shift for the new teams coming in at the respective time? I.E TCU to the Big East in 2012.

Also, since we saw the SPARQ logo before, does that mean we will get a Stars and a Sparq Rating?
    I used to do SPARQ testing on my players when I was a coach...that would be sweet!

Also, can we denote neutral site games and pick where we want them to be played at?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuahuskers View Post
    Is there still an option in dynasty mode to create a new coach as time goes on? Or, perhaps a better option, if I get fired in my dynasty, can I continue to play with the same school as a new coach? I want to be able to remain with one team throughout my dynasty, but still have coaching changes (fire my coach, have him retire, and hire new ones)
    THIS!