Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2012 Season

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    At 247 he'll be flat on his ass at Left Tackle The USC coaching staff has very good connections with SLO HS and his position coach constantly questions his work ethic. The Trojans are content with Barrett Thomas

Not if they would gain weight with position changes like they should. You can have him, the only question is who is going to throw to him? I prefer my TE's to be able to block.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Not if they would gain weight with position changes like they should. You can have him, the only question is who is going to throw to him? I prefer my TE's to be able to block.
    I think this guy will be ok throwing to him

Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13 (Average Star Ratings)
    #1 LSU - 4.25
    #2 USC - 4.05
    #3 Alabama -3.71
    #4 Michigan - 4.00
    #5 Notre Dame - 3.38
    #6 Texas - 3.80
    #8 Oregon - 3.92
    #11 Ohio State - 3.61
    #13 Florida State - 3.38
    #15 Arkansas - 3.21
    #17 Oklahoma State - 3.41
    #19 Texas A&M - 3.50

I think this guy will be ok throwing to him

Well, Barkley hasn't helped so I really do not see how he will.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Top 25 Classes for 2013 - Week 13 (Average Star Ratings)
    #1 LSU - 4.25
    #2 USC - 4.05
    #3 Alabama -3.71
    #4 Michigan - 4.00
    #5 Notre Dame - 3.38
    #6 Texas - 3.80
    #8 Oregon - 3.92
    #11 Ohio State - 3.61
    #13 Florida State - 3.38
    #15 Arkansas - 3.21
    #17 Oklahoma State - 3.41
    #19 Texas A&M - 3.50
    I really wish the star ratings would bump up after scouting! Most of my 3*'s are as good as some 5*'s or at least 4*'s. lol

Well, Barkley hasn't helped so I really do not see how he will.
    Well my TE has 700+ yards so I think Barkley is doing just fine for him. We're an NFL factory, who cares about wins

Well my TE has 700+ yards so I think Barkley is doing just fine for him. We're an NFL factory, who cares about wins
    Tell upper management that when they get ready to fire you!

Not if they would gain weight with position changes like they should.
    Not if weight doesn't matter
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I really wish the star ratings would bump up after scouting! Most of my 3*'s are as good as some 5*'s or at least 4*'s. lol
    We'll see how awareness affects overall ratings....I'm a little worried....lol

I don't worry about overall ratings, I only worry about the ratings for the position they are playing.

The only position I worry about awareness is QB and I'm not usually moving other positions to QB.

I have 2 incoming freshman QBs....so I know awareness will definitely affect them....especially if my junior QB leaves early for whatever reason

Oregon continues to add some really nice recruits at LB'r with two more commits.

Andre is a really neat prospect, a Junior College kid who the staff really want a couple of years ago but Andre's grades just weren't in order. The staff however kept in touch and followed Andre as he really matured over the last 2 years and decided to give him a chance. Andre is very strong minded kid and could compete for some good playing time this upcoming year. He is a JUCO SO so a redshirt isn't out of the question either for Andre who remains open to the idea but also wants to play.

Justin is just another best that the staff kept low on the radar and tried to keep the recruiting battle between Oregon, Kentucky, and Louisville. The staff after signing Mike Jones were a little uneasy in taking another OLB but after numerous discussions they just couldn't pass on the depth that all 5 of these Linebackers will add to Oregon. It is a position that really will be fully loaded for years. Justin as well may or may not redshirt. The staff feels he could get some really good progression from a redshirt but also know that he can contribute on special teams immediately. If Justin doesn't redshirt, he will most likely get some snaps since Oregon runs a multiple of defensive fronts. He could as well as others be looked at for some DE snaps too.

Andrew is a solid G who will redshirt to figure out where he best fits whether that be Gaurd or Center. The staff is happy with his decision to come to Oregon over Hawaii.

Derek is a real long shot to make the team, but Derek didn't mind the uphill battle it will take to crack the 70 man roster. The staff wishes they would have had him on a preferred walk on status but since there was a little mix up and he was given a scholarship the staff will honor that. Derek most certainly will redshirt. They told him he has to work on his acceleration if he is going to fit into this offensive style.

Brandon is another ATH from close to home who is certainly going to Redshirt as well. The staff would like to see how well he progresses after that. He seems destined for a DT role, and the staff was upfront with their thoughts for Brandon. He choose Oregon over Oregon State.

USC adds to solid Offensive Lineman from the East Coast. Both recruits should be able to take advantage of a redshirt year and should see significant action as Juniors.

I can't wait to take over Cali after this season. USC has stumbled and Oregon is primed to explode on the scene next year. Look out recruits, there may be a new boss in the area!!

I can't wait to take over Cali after this season. USC has stumbled and Oregon is primed to explode on the scene next year. Look out recruits, there may be a new boss in the area!!
    Please, you winning a couple of games still doesn't help the fact that you can't sweet talk these boys mommas

Please, you winning a couple of games still doesn't help the fact that you can't sweet talk these boys mommas
    It's not my winning games as much as your losing games that are going to sweep these boys mammas off their feet. Hi, I hear you like USC did I mention they were 6-6 last season and played in the Porta Potty bowl last season? Come to Oregon where we contend for Championships!

Come to Oregon where we contend for Championships!
    And after your kids graduate you'll still be supporting them. However at USC we put kids in the NFL where you can then live on easy street. Heck we'll even give you a taste of what it will be like for you, what size house do you want?

And after your kids graduate you'll still be supporting them. However at USC we put kids in the NFL where you can then live on easy street. Heck we'll even give you a taste of what it will be like for you, what size house do you want?

Player Offers Pos Description

SS Long comes in a bit on the short side of coverage abilities but his other attributes will take him far as a defender. With nice speed and acceleration along with good agility and tackling abilities, he'll make an excellent addition coming off of the edge in a safety blitz. Considering all of that is gift-wrapped into a 6'5 frame, Long will be an stud in years to come. Look for him to redshirt his first year on campus but then be prepared to see him unleashed on the Big 12.

adds one despite losing to the 2nd place finisher on his official visit and sending his twin to Tallahassee for the Seminoles battle with the Gators during the same week....

Other Offers: Arkansas, Florida State