Thread: Netflix Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    When I worked at Movie Gallery (formerly second largest chain in the country behind Blockbuster), we had a promotion where we would give pre-paid cards to the store for a certain price. It's been so long I don't remember the deal ... but it was a decent deal.

Anyway, we had this guy come in and he was renting enough movies that his due amount would have paid for the card, it would have been cheaper, and he would have still had money on the card. He was so convinced I was trying to swindle him ("What if you go bankrupt?!"), that he refused to buy the card. He just kept asking questions like "what if you're not around in a year", that when JB mentioned Blockbuster going belly up, it reminded me of that.
    LOL that is the very reason I didn't renew my XM subscription in my car. The price doesn't bother me that much (considering how much I drive for work) its the what if they go under.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOL that is the very reason I didn't renew my XM subscription in my car. The price doesn't bother me that much (considering how much I drive for work) its the what if they go under.
    But since they merged with Sirius, doesn't that make it more stable?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    But since they merged with Sirius, doesn't that make it more stable?
    Meh you still hear rumblings about them folding. When the economy tanked people considered their XM radio a "luxury" they could do without (and I agree).

The stock is trading at like < $2 last I checked.

The merger would be like GM and Chrysler merging to make one uberly bad automobile company.