Thread: steelerfan's Slider Work and Stats Thread (NCAA 12)

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'll be keeping track of this. I particularly want to note the differences between your NCAA 11 and 12 slider sets.

As for game speed Cipher, just use your personal preference as the sliders really won't make a difference in terms of the speed of the game.
    When I settle on sliders, I can post the +/- from 11 as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    When I settle on sliders, I can post the +/- from 11 as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Steelerfan, I really appreciate you doing this, because it means that we may have some great sliders by the time we get the game. I am intrigued by your AA sliders since I always play on Heisman. If I could get a good, realistic game on AA then I am all for it.

One question... even though the TOP didn't quite match up to 36 minutes total in the first game, are you snapping the ball w/ :15 left on the play clock or is it just that your sliders are making the CPU more competitive, thus they have more TOP?

The reason I ask is this; as you may know, I throw just about every down in one of the 5-Wide sets. I use a short passing game to make up for the run game. And... I control the clock, snapping the ball w/ :02 or :01 left on the play clock. In '11, I usually won the TOP 31-9 or 30-10... so I am desperately looking for something to help even that stuff out.

And to add to that... I assume you are playing the game as if you're the HC... ie; controlling both O and D. Will you try your sliders out as just an OC and then as a DC, to see what, if any, changes this creates? Since most of us are going to begin as a coordinator, I think many people may wonder about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    are you snapping the ball w/ :15 left on the play clock or is it just that your sliders are making the CPU more competitive, thus they have more TOP?
    ND ran 81 plays (30 runs, 49 passes, 2 punts) and had 1177 seconds TOP, meaning only 14.5 seconds of game clock was eaten up for every play. Considering that some of that time will be taken up by actually running the plays, I'd say he was doing a fair amount of no huddling and/or was frequently snapping the ball with 25 or more seconds on the play clock. I use this method when scouting a user opponent in an OD who I've never played before, to guage how fast their offense moves.

EDIT, just saw Steeler's post put up at the same time. Did you no huddle or were you just calling plays and snapping fairly with a conventional huddle?