Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Football 11: Understanding Team Pitches in Recruiting

• Facebook
  • Display
    sorry for the long bump, but i feel that dynasty would benefit a lot from making a team's prestige rating 1-10 stars instead of 1-6 stars. growing and building a team would be more of a challenge, since you'd be forced to recruit the 1, 2, and 3 star recruits for a longer period of time, especially as a lower school; and it will take a much longer time to get your program in contention for those elite prospects.

That would depend on how they changed the mechanic. Sure, they could make it so 1-2 is equivalent to the current , 3-4 to the current , etc, but they'd have to make modifications to how teams move up and down each level. If they kept it with the same mechanics, there would be no real difference, just a different face on the same body.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    sorry for the long bump, but i feel that dynasty would benefit a lot from making a team's prestige rating 1-10 stars instead of 1-6 stars. growing and building a team would be more of a challenge, since you'd be forced to recruit the 1, 2, and 3 star recruits for a longer period of time, especially as a lower school; and it will take a much longer time to get your program in contention for those elite prospects.
    it will never happen. Its still a video game and thats a little too long winded of a realism want.
    its about playing on the field, not building a program for 12 years of mediocrity

I agree with Ram. We who play a dozen seasons to build a programme are the minority. For a lot of casual gamers it's a one and done season format.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I agree with Ram. We who play a dozen seasons to build a programme are the minority. For a lot of casual gamers it's a one and done season format.
    actually what i'm saying is...I wouldnt want to take more than 8 years to get to a National championship. I want to see all the bells and whistles the game has in it.

I'll give a player high ratings just so I can see all the animations that can occur.

I have no idea how recruiting really works and it doesnt matter because the game will generate players for me anyway. I of course will learn a little about that in an online league anyway. I buy a football game to play football on the field. Not to spend 10 minures seeing if I can get that DT from Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    it will never happen. Its still a video game and thats a little too long winded of a realism want.
    its about playing on the field, not building a program for 12 years of mediocrity
    i dont think it'd take that long. if you start as a 1*, i'd think that it would take people about 4 or 5 years to get to the major bowl games....once you get to that point, the bigger talent guys (4 and 5*'s) start to take an interest in your school, and you're able to reload year after year. it'd basically be the same amount of time going from a 1* to 6*, but you'd be competing with 10* schools as a 5 or 6* school.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    cant disagree with this since its true....but for a lot of those casual gamers, they pick some of the best teams anyway, so they dont need to think about building a program since the top talent is already available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i dont think it'd take that long. if you start as a 1*, i'd think that it would take people about 4 or 5 years to get to the major bowl games....once you get to that point, the bigger talent guys (4 and 5*'s) start to take an interest in your school, and you're able to reload year after year. it'd basically be the same amount of time going from a 1* to 6*, but you'd be competing with 10* schools as a 5 or 6* school.

cant disagree with this since its true....but for a lot of those casual gamers, they pick some of the best teams anyway, so they dont need to think about building a program since the top talent is already available to them.
    True enough. Most people roll with the Alabama, Ohio St., Texas, USC, etc. which gets boring VERY fast unless you're in an OD or have super sliders. Anyone in it for the long haul usually picks someone sucky, build them up, then move on to their "dream job."