Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

• Facebook
  • Display
    What say you, Liberal female professor...

http://ruthobrien.org/a-day-of-terror/

This said, the mortuary pictures of the older brother of the two are extremely disturbing, raising questions as to whether the Boston Police Department captured him with too much force.

Kill em with kindness, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

This said, the mortuary pictures of the older brother of the two are extremely disturbing, raising questions as to whether the Boston Police Department captured him with too much force.

Lets see, traded 200 rounds back and forth with police, was throwing bombs and grenades, he had explosives on his body, with some unverified reports that one of their explosives may have gone off on him and on top of all that, he got ran over by the car his own brother was driving. I was expecting him to look WORSE after all that. Too much force my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Lets see, traded 200 rounds back and forth with police, was throwing bombs and grenades, he had explosives on his body, with some unverified reports that one of their explosives may have gone off on him and on top of all that, he got ran over by the car his own brother was driving. I was expecting him to look WORSE after all that. Too much force my ass.
    Yep better to let the terrorist escape and possibly bomb/kill more people than to capture/kill him using deadly force. Love me some left wing academia.

No connection to this event but I think we need to recognize a victory for the good guys. Props to the Canadian RCMP and CSIS with assistance from the FBI and homeland security for capturing al-Qaeda members who were attempting to blow up a train en route from Toronto to New York. The two men were captured in Quebec and Toronto and neither were North American.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No connection to this event but I think we need to recognize a victory for the good guys. Props to the Canadian RCMP and CSIS with assistance from the FBI and homeland security for capturing al-Qaeda members who were attempting to blow up a train en route from Toronto to New York. The two men were captured in Quebec and Toronto and neither were North American.

Good to hear.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

Also credit goes to the Muslim community whose tips helped catch these two pieces of shit. I feel for Muslims who just want to live their lives peacefully.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 04-23-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Also credit goes to the Muslim community whose tips helped catch these two pieces of shit. I feel for Muslims who just want to live their lives peacefully.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Dershowitz: Feds will regret not Mirandizing bomber:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/22/dershowitz_authorities_will_regret_not_reading_bos ton_bomber_miranda_rights.html

If you buy the initial Obama/liberal logic Dershowitz is right. Obama et al. have stepped in a big pile of you know what and this case could not go very poorly IF the law is applied appropriately. Of course, it seldom is and will likely be ignored for this case.
    I don't get it. Did I miss something? Was Obama there making the capture? I'm sure he didn't tell the cops/Feds "Don't give this dude Miranda rights." I'm sure that in all the excitement, they probably just forgot (considering the dude was bleeding and whatnot) and whatever ruling they're provoking is to put a band-aid on an oversight. I understand you're not an Obama fan but I can't see how this is Obama's fault. That's a stretch.

An estimated 42M people watched the final hour of the manhunt.

They hate us but they love our free money
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...re_719056.html

The owner of the now famous boat interviews with the local Boston news. What a nice guy.

This part wasn't in the video, but so many people are wanting to buy him a new boat and he says "NOOOO, there are people who have lost lives and limbs, send it to the Boston One fund. I have a canoe!"

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I don't get it. Did I miss something? Was Obama there making the capture? I'm sure he didn't tell the cops/Feds "Don't give this dude Miranda rights." I'm sure that in all the excitement, they probably just forgot (considering the dude was bleeding and whatnot) and whatever ruling they're provoking is to put a band-aid on an oversight. I understand you're not an Obama fan but I can't see how this is Obama's fault. That's a stretch.
    You should read articles discussing the differences between crimes and acts of war and how it affects acts of terrorism and make up your own mind.

Suffice it to say, I do NOT agree with the premise that these people are merely criminals as Obama (and the left does). Rather, I subscribe to the premise that radical Islamists/Jihadsts are at war with the U.S. and thus their actions should be treated as such.

Suffice it to say, I do NOT agree with the premise that these people are merely criminals as Obama (and the left does). Rather, I subscribe to the premise that radical Islamists/Jihadsts are at war with the U.S. and thus their actions should be treated as such.
    I tend to stay out of these discussions as hate politics but I definitely agree with this.

You should read articles discussing the differences between crimes and acts of war and how it affects acts of terrorism and make up your own mind.

This, I agree with. I'm aware that extremist out there who want to take us out from the inside using fear and whatnot and those people should be dealt with accordingly.

What I disagree with is that the arresting cop didn't read the guy his Miranda right and that's somehow Obama's fault.

This, I agree with. I'm aware that extremist out there who want to take us out from the inside using fear and whatnot and those people should be dealt with accordingly.

What I disagree with is that the arresting cop didn't read the guy his Miranda right and that's somehow Obama's fault.
    Well I either poorly posted or you didn't understand the post. My point was NOT that Obama screwed up b/c he didn't have the cops Mirandize douche bag. My point was I STRONGLY disagree with Obama's initial premise that douche bag is a criminal and not at war with the U.S.

IF you agree with my premise that Boston was an act of war (and not a crime) then you agree with me that douche bag should never be Mirandized b/c he has no such rights.

On the other hand, if you agree with Obama's premise that Boston was just a "mere" crime. Then he has to be and the cops likely screwed up (although courts will likely make bad law here to cover up for the cops mistake).

Interestingly (to me at least) a STRONG argument can be made that the entire concept of Miranda (Supreme Court case) is flawed and thus no one has any Miranda "rights" under the Constitution. However, that is an entirely different discussion and requires far too much posting/reading for anyone here (other than me) to probably care to get into.

Well I either poorly posted or you didn't understand the post. My point was NOT that Obama screwed up b/c he didn't have the cops Mirandize douche bag. My point was I STRONGLY disagree with Obama's initial premise that douche bag is a criminal and not at war with the U.S.

IF you agree with my premise that Boston was an act of war (and not a crime) then you agree with me that douche bag should never be Mirandized b/c he has no such rights.

On the other hand, if you agree with Obama's premise that Boston was just a "mere" crime. Then he has to be and the cops likely screwed up (although courts will likely make bad law here to cover up for the cops mistake).

Interestingly (to me at least) a STRONG argument can be made that the entire concept of Miranda (Supreme Court case) is flawed and thus no one has any Miranda "rights" under the Constitution. However, that is an entirely different discussion and requires far too much posting/reading for anyone here (other than me) to probably care to get into.
    Alright, that makes more sense but it raises another question.

Is it ok to treat it like a crime initially until all the facts are in THEN switch to war/terror crimes or do we just go war/terror crimes from the jump until we find out more information? I assume that treating things like a war/terror crime gives authorities more leeway in apprehending and interrogation than regular crimes, correct?

Alright, that makes more sense but it raises another question.

Is it ok to treat it like a crime initially until all the facts are in THEN switch to war/terror crimes or do we just go war/terror crimes from the jump until we find out more information? I assume that treating things like a war/terror crime gives authorities more leeway in apprehending and interrogation than regular crimes, correct?
    Which comes first egg/chicken? For me you treat any "major attack" like this as an act of war 1st and we have a military system of justice where the Judge there could rule it was not an act of war and kick it to the criminal justice system when/if necessary.

IF you treat it as a crime 1st they would be entitled to U.S. Constitutional rights (such as "Miranda rights"). It's hard to undo something like that once you open "Pandora's box".

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    They hate us but they love our free money
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...re_719056.html