Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I just finished the Christmas episode of Season 2 and I am actually enjoying 2 as much if not more than the first season. They had me at the lesbians and then threw in Ian McShane. I think every show or movie should have two things in it. Lesbians and Ian McShane. Except if it involves Calamity Jane, that one scene definitely gave me some Deadwood.
    Lol

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Thank god! People talking about the American shitty show as being good make me want to scream at them. They just don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Thank god! People talking about the American shitty show as being good make me want to scream at them. They just don't know!
    The BBC version is superior but I am enjoying Elementary so far. It has definitely attracted a feminist crowd due to Watson being a woman. I am interested in who they choose to play Moriarty. If they go with anything that is not Male and British, I might take a different tone.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

This fall FX is going to split into three channels to provide more original series. They want to rival networks by offering up to 25 different original series. I'm all for this. FX has some great shows.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This fall FX is going to split into three channels to provide more original series. They want to rival networks by offering up to 25 different original series. I'm all for this. FX has some great shows.
    Except the fuckers are killing off Fox Soccer Channel to give FXX a home. That already instantly makes me hate this plan.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Fox Sports 1 that is supposed to be launching in August. It appears Fox Soccer's coverage will be shifting to FS1.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-29-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Except the fuckers are killing off Fox Soccer Channel to give FXX a home. That already instantly makes me hate this plan.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Fox Sports 1 that is supposed to be launching in August. It appears Fox Soccer's coverage will be shifting to FS1.
    Yeah same thing with the SPEED Network.

Yeah same thing with the SPEED Network.
    Yeah, SPEED becomes Fox Sports One and Fox Soccer Channel becomes FXX. Time Warner's gonna have to do some reworking with the channel lineups here in NW Ohio. Right now everything from 1201 to 1209 (FX being 1205) in the HD channel range is taken. Next free channel isn't until 1210. SPEED meanwhile is 1317 and Fox Soccer is 1318.

As long as they keep the soccer around, then I'm fine. Fox Soccer is pretty much the only damn place to watch soccer right now since the douchebags at ESPN air it only once every blue moon. And as long as they don't try to make FXX like Fox Soccer Plus and make you subscribe to it separately. If they're moving The League to it (that and the Americans being about the only FX series that I watch right now) and they try to make it a subscription channel, I'm gonna be pissed.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-29-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Um, Smooth, the Premier League is moving to NBC Sports next season. They are claiming that they will have every match live - either by streaming or on the NBC family of networks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Um, Smooth, the Premier League is moving to NBC Sports next season. They are claiming that they will have every match live - either by streaming or on the NBC family of networks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Huh, I hadn't heard that. While I watch soccer and follow the tables of various leagues, I don't keep up with the details too much in the broadcasting of it, but that's good to hear. NBC is setting themselves up nicely. The fucktards at ESPN pretty much don't even acknowledge that hockey exists outside of the playoffs/Stanley Cup and about the only time you can find soccer is on Saturday morning or big international matches.

I rarely watch ESPN anymore for my sports. Fox Soccer Channel (for now) for soccer, NBC Sports for hockey, CBS/NBC Sports for college football and CBS/FOX for NFL. CBS/TBS/TNT/TruTV for March Madness. Baseball, I watch via MLB.TV so I don't have to listen to the idiots they throw on TV for the game, but rather each team's own local announcers. ESPN is becoming more and more worthless for me. About the only thing worth a damn anymore on the ESPN network is the NFL Draft.

Mad Men is back with two hours of...

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Mad Men is back with two hours of...

Spoiler: show
    That pic would have been SO much better had you chopped off the head.

I really meant to post this in the TV Thread. Her face is okay, nothing special. It's all about the other assets.

Been enjoying the first few episodes of these two shows:

Usually tv series of classic horror flicks aren't very good. These haven't disappointed...so far...

Have not watched Bates Motel but I have watched the first two episodes of Hannibal. Not liking the choice for Hannibal but he may grow on me. Hannibal (Hopkins) is man of charm and the guy they have playing him is a little dry.

Just FYI to the others, first episode is free on Prime.

Bates Motel is pretty good... Does a really good job of showing you why the 'Psycho' Norman is so messed up. Right now it almost feels like they didn't expect to last more than a season so it will be interesting how they carry it forward.

Sunday nights seem to have a hole in them without The Walking Dead.

My thoughts exactly.

Fans of Mad Men like myself disagree but if seeing Linda Cardellini getting banged three ways from Sunday does nothing for you... I hear Gary Busey is on Donald Trump's Ego Ride and still not wearing a helmet.