Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    I can't speak for Souljah but for me I'm just not wired that way. I'm glad there are critical people like you that continue to push EA for a better product. I'm just not that type of person.

One other thing...there's a difference between being critical for the sake of a better game and being critical for the sake of being critical. I think some posters are just flat out disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-11-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Freshman
    EA pregression is so ridiculous. So for Madden 15 should I get excited if they say they brought in Revis and Samuel to show how Jam technique work and throws off QB and WR timing? or Samuels deep man technique helps anticipate the QB and WR timing? What if they bring in running back and get their specific running styles? And introduced it again? It's been there. they take it out being lazy only to re-introduce it again 5 years later. U mean pass trajectories is in Madden 13? But not Madden 06? How do u make a football game without it? EA will introduce Zone Blocking for Madden 20 and we will all get excited? Maybe make two versions if they confused on what crowd to cater to. Make a arcade version and sim version with Sim Standards I understand u guys think it's abnormal to want this stuff to be standard but I love the sport.

Avross, this is just bitching. Try and be a little tactful and you'll get a much better response from the community. A lot of your ideas get lost in the smartass tone.

...on the other hand say whatever the hell you want. . But if you want people to listen be constructive in your criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No. QBs NEVER change the actual playaction motion. They'll audible out of the play because of needing to change to a hot read and needing to get rid of the ball quickly, but, when the play is actually ran, they never stop the actual playaction motions.
    Never? Never ever ever ever?

I think G's right that the pre-play read goes a long way. I'm pretty sure I've seen some hot read throws where the RB expected a play action and the QB just pulled up and threw. Hell, there was one play by RGIII last year that was supposed to be a running play and he threw quick instead (totally uncovered receiver, so that's an exception, obviously).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Even though I'm a pretty active part of this community, I'm one of "those guys" who have the game "ruined" by community sites. I wouldn't know or notice 80% of what's wrong with these games if it weren't for sites like this, OS, and "the unmentionable site." Not to say that the game is really ruined, it just seems like so many people nitpick about stuff and can't enjoy the game for what it is. Now, I'm old enough to know different strokes for different folks but at the end of the day, it's just a video game. I may not be happy that Southern Miss comes out of a tunnel that doesn't exist, but so what? My bills are paid, my wife loves me, and I'm healthy so I don't sweat that NCAA or Madden or whatever is as great as it could or should be.

I'm not even that old, but with a wife and two kids you tend to not care as much about little things like video games or at least enough to sit around and complain about it until July ,and then complain for another 3 months afterwards. I didn't do it before the family but after the family I really don't see the point.

I will say though some of the things I would realize like the blocking but then others I wouldn't like pass trajectory, I have never even thought of it being a problem. I had a really simple solution don't throw the ball over any LB's. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post

I will say though some of the things I would realize like the blocking but then others I wouldn't like pass trajectory, I have never even thought of it being a problem. I had a really simple solution don't throw the ball over any LB's. LOL
    So you did notice it then...

When QBs scramble, do the DEs, LBs, CBs, and F/SS still stand there as the QB runs by before pursuing?

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    EA pregression is so ridiculous. So for Madden 15 should I get excited if they say they brought in Revis and Samuel to show how Jam technique work and throws off QB and WR timing? or Samuels deep man technique helps anticipate the QB and WR timing? What if they bring in running back and get their specific running styles? And introduced it again? It's been there. they take it out being lazy only to re-introduce it again 5 years later. U mean pass trajectories is in Madden 13? But not Madden 06? How do u make a football game without it? EA will introduce Zone Blocking for Madden 20 and we will all get excited? Maybe make two versions if they confused on what crowd to cater to. Make a arcade version and sim version with Sim Standards I understand u guys think it's abnormal to want this stuff to be standard but I love the sport.
    The answer to your original question of "should you be excited if they bring in x to show us how y works" is YES. Absolutely yes. Why wouldn't you be excited? These are the things that you are talking about not being correct in the game, right? In fact this is exactly what you would want if you "LOVE THE SPORT". Just because it's been in before doesn't mean it's been implemented correctly. When were specific running styles in the game properly, to the point that you wouldn't need them to be better? Come on man! The fact that it has been in the series before just makes it that much more important that we have it again.

And you are ignorant with your comment of laziness on EA's part. They had to redo EVERYTHING when they changed consoles. EA started over from total scratch homie. I don't think they did the best job of reintroducing certain things at first but they weren't being lazy by "taking it out". It's a feature because it HASN'T been on this Gen of consoles, and if we call it a missing "feature" than it has to be a "feature" when it's added.

When QBs scramble, do the DEs, LBs, CBs, and F/SS still stand there as the QB runs by before pursuing?
    That's a good question. Hopefully read and react has fixed this issue. I couldn't even take over a guy and have him react in time last season.

or worse yet, do the d-linemen act like they're being chased by the qb and run away from him?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    or worse yet, do the d-linemen act like they're being chased by the qb and run away from him?
    I've seen that a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    So you did notice it then...
    LOL I noticed something, but I didn't really put too much thinking behind it, I just didn't throw the ball directly at any LB's.

Banned
    I just asked a question on youtube and had 15 people correct and msg me on my misspelling of a word....
    ( Can you find the mistake?)

edit- hint their are lots!

In collage im gonna major in engrish!!!
    Last edited by Little Steve; 05-13-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Yes, "their" are.

LOL!

Cd guys...I know this is somewhat difficult to answer but what's your opinion on the CPU this year vs last year. Not really looking for anything specific. Really just your opinion on if you think the CPU will be tougher or easier this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Cd guys...I know this is somewhat difficult to answer but what's your opinion on the CPU this year vs last year. Not really looking for anything specific. Really just your opinion on if you think the CPU will be tougher or easier this year?

Hard to really say. Unfortunately, the last couple of days we were there, the CPU was inept on AA. I was routinely beating them like a drum and normally at these events, the scores are competitive since we're still adjusting to the changes. I'm confident it was some kind of bug but I wasn't able to put my finger on what it was exactly. I did (as did others) make sure to note that the CPU was too easy so I would bet it's corrected to be at least as sufficient as the past.

For those that experienced issues with the Pistol run game, what kind of issues are you experiencing on NCAA12? This season in one of the ODs I'm in, I decided to go with a largely Pistol-based offense. While it was originally designed to be pass-heavy spread, I've found that since my QB is often inconsistent, I'm running the ball a lot more. In fact, in my game against a User last night, my HB ran for 28 carries for 259 on the ground with probably 90% pistol running plays (I'll upload a highlight video later today).

I'm calling dives, slams, zones, counters, cutbacks, draws, HB powers, stretches, and none of them seem to be terribly broken. I'm not running any read-option (since my QB is 56 SPD) and I know that's been an issue in the past but presumably the changes to the Shotgun option should also carry-over to the Pistol option. About the only play I've found that's truly broken is the jet sweep and that's because the HB doesn't get out in front to block like he seems to try to.

Let me know if there's something else that I need to look at or if I'm just seeing the exception to the rule. For full disclosure, I'm using a custom playbook with a mixture of Pistol - Slot, Pistol - Spread, Pistol - Spread Flex, and Pistol - Strong Slot. Additionally, I'm using ECU in the 6th year of the dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Hard to really say. Unfortunately, the last couple of days we were there, the CPU was inept on AA. I was routinely beating them like a drum and normally at these events, the scores are competitive since we're still adjusting to the changes. I'm confident it was some kind of bug but I wasn't able to put my finger on what it was exactly. I did (as did others) make sure to note that the CPU was too easy so I would bet it's corrected to be at least as sufficient as the past.
    Thanks G. I hope it's harder than last year or at least equal. AA was lot of fun for me last year...especially starting out as a team rated in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    In fact, in my game against a User last night, my HB ran for 28 carries for 259 on the ground with probably 90% pistol running plays

Yeah I've never even remotely come close to having that kind of the success out of the pistol running the ball. I'm excited to see your video and see how it's done. I've just always felt like the play is slow in developing no matter what the call is from simple dives to tosses to read options. I would love to put more pistol in my playbook because Arkansas uses it more and more each year but I can never get it to work like my under center stuff.

Question G, what position on D did the user control? When I play against my Bro-in-law and I try to use even a One Back playbook, he will blow most of the plays up in the backfield with a MLB by just shooting gaps at the snap. The shotgun offenses are really tough to run against a user that is good with the MLB in my experiences this year.