Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Recruiting Compendium

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's definitely a REALLY bad bug for ODs (but, I'm pretty sure, it doesn't actually work in ODs, though I could be wrong).
    I recall doing some OD-based testing on it, and I think we generally concluded that it didn't work in ODs ... except I'm not sure about the commissioner. What may have been concluded is that it only worked for the commish.

If my Resurrection dynasty ever gets, well, resurrected, I may have to use it just to claw my way back up to respectability.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

is there any penalty for having a large number of recruits visiting on a certain week? i know there's some penalty for having multiple recruits at the same position visiting, but what if you had like 10 guys, who all play a different position?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I think it's all speculation on the penality for multiple recruits even of the same position. The only penalty that I see is the playing time pitch being lower because of it. Otherwise, I've seen nothing that points to any other penalties.

I know there's actually a physical limit on how many players you can invite at once, I actually hit it once. But other than that, I've never seen a downside to a large number of invites.

Can someone tell me if the Pink Gem is something that shows only on week 1? Does it show in the same place you would see the Target Icon behind the players image? Is there always a Pink Gem?

Each week, you get a recruiting "bonus". This bonus is one of the following:
    x2 on 3 players
    Pitches unlocked on 3 players (unlocks two pitches per player)
    Instant Commitment upon calling one player, can only happen on players that you're #1 and have previously offered scholarship
    Pink Gem / Diamond, which will only be seen on 4* or 5* players that are not on your board

It's shown in the same place as the Target/Unlock/x2 icons.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Each week, you get a recruiting "bonus". This bonus is one of the following:
    x2 on 3 players
    Pitches unlocked on 3 players (unlocks two pitches per player)
    Instant Commitment upon calling one player, can only happen on players that you're #1 and have previously offered scholarship
    Pink Gem / Diamond, which will only be seen on 4* or 5* players that are not on your board

It's shown in the same place as the Target/Unlock/x2 icons.
    Great thanks! I haven't seen one yet. But I have already started to look at the lists of players every week to see if anything changed from week to week instead of just working the people on my list to start and then going back if I needed to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    Great thanks! I haven't seen one yet.
    It's only worth looking if you don't have an x2 or Pitch Unlock. Then it's obvious you'll either get an Instant or Pink Gem/Diamond.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It's only worth looking if you don't have an x2 or Pitch Unlock. Then it's obvious you'll either get an Instant or Pink Gem/Diamond.
    Wait. You mean to say, that every week, at least ONE of those will happen? Interesting. That is definitely something I never noticed before.

Wait. You mean to say, that every week, at least ONE of those will happen? Interesting. That is definitely something I never noticed before.
    That's been my experience. One week I had three players with X2, then the next week I came across three players with the Pitch Unlock, had a Instant Commit two or three weeks, rinse, wash, repeat. The X2 really help at the end of the season with a couple recruits I'm still trying to get to commit to me.

Yes, without fail.

Well, there's one caveat ... that was true on NCAA 11 (and NCAA 10 before it), and I presume it's true on NCAA 12, but have not done any research to validate.

Yes, without fail.

Well, there's one caveat ... that was true on NCAA 11 (and NCAA 10 before it), and I presume it's true on NCAA 12, but have not done any research to validate.
    Which is?

That post is like a cliffhanger in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Which is?
    The caveat is what I said, lol. There's no cliffhanger. The caveat is that I'm saying it's there, without fail, but I can't actually vouch for NCAA 12.

The caveat is what I said, lol. There's no cliffhanger. The caveat is that I'm saying it's there, without fail, but I can't actually vouch for NCAA 12.
    Whoops, misread that post then. Yeah, it's true in NCAA 12. Every single week I have at least something. I had 4 different weeks with the instant commit, and then the rest of the season and off-season were either X2 or Unlock Pitches.

Whoops, misread that post then. Yeah, it's true in NCAA 12. Every single week I have at least something. I had 4 different weeks with the instant commit, and then the rest of the season and off-season were either X2 or Unlock Pitches.
    Hmm, that's interesting. No Pink Diamonds? My last OD season on NCAA 11 had a ton of diamonds.

Hmm, that's interesting. No Pink Diamonds? My last OD season on NCAA 11 had a ton of diamonds.
    I think I had a pink diamond in week 1, and one a couple weeks later, but that was it. Hardly had any pink diamonds last season.

i know the pink diamond is completely random, but its getting progressively more and more worthless the later into your dynasty you get. it keeps appearing on recruits who are like 1 or 2 weeks away from committing to another school (green bar is nearly full for that school). hardly ever does it appear on a recruit who isnt getting any interest from his top schools.

I think I had a pink diamond in week 1, and one a couple weeks later, but that was it. Hardly had any pink diamonds last season.
    Well, it is definitely hit and miss. I've had some seasons with hardly any, others with a ton. Part of it is how quickly your board thins out ... if you're not in a position to get an Instant, or need Pitch Unlocks (like if most of your board has the majority of their pitches unlocked), then you're basically 50/50 on Diamond vs X2. I actually think X2 is the rarer one in that case, for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    hardly ever does it appear on a recruit who isnt getting any interest from his top schools.
    Agreed. The Pink Diamond is not helpful the VAST majority of times I get it.

Well, it is definitely hit and miss. I've had some seasons with hardly any, others with a ton. Part of it is how quickly your board thins out ... if you're not in a position to get an Instant, or need Pitch Unlocks (like if most of your board has the majority of their pitches unlocked), then you're basically 50/50 on Diamond vs X2. I actually think X2 is the rarer one in that case, for some reason.
    Agreed. The Pink Diamond is not helpful the VAST majority of times I get it.
    Yeah, that's been my experience as well. Now, in season 3 of my FIU dynasty, I will say that I again already have a pink diamond in week 1, a 4 star DT out of New Jersey. While I'm only lagging 340 points behind 1st, it's probably going to be a waste of time, seeing as I'm only 8th on his list after adding him to my board, and I have Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Penn State and Maryland all ahead of me.

Can anyone share their thoughts on visits on bye weeks? I know that the general consensus is to have the recruit come for their visit as soon as possible, but does that include bye weeks? Or would you wait until the next week after that you had a home game and they were available come? Does having a game that weekend help?