Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 17 - General Impressions & Game Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I have seen some warping at times. And sideline awareness by recievers seems to have taken a step back. Definitely not better.

Only played one game post patch. Will get another game in tomorrow for sure.
    I saw one occurrence of warping. It was on a stretch play while I was on defense. I switched to the corner to step up and make the tackle and add soon as I did he warped 10 or 12 yards up field into the offensive backfield and behind the play.

That happened today (well, Saturday) and that's the first I've seen it.

I have seen it rarely as well. When I've noticed it is on receivers warping to catch the ball.

After 11 games I am 3-8 and Goff has thrown 24 ints and fumbled 12 times. I don't like how Madden tracks qb sack fumbles as a rush attempt and fumble though. I don't think that is accurate but am not sure. Just too many turnovers. Quite a few of them are on me but qb accuracy is not done well. I misfire on crossing patterns far more than on the deep ball. Quite frankly I can't even remember over throwing my WRs on deep balls. They are always catchable but crossing routes can go sailing 3-5 yards off target into a defender (with slider at 10). I think the penalty for accuracy almost feels reversed as shorter passes are more inaccurate than deep ones. I need to upgrade my number one WR next year for sure.

After 11 games I am 3-8 and Goff has thrown 24 ints and fumbled 12 times. I don't like how Madden tracks qb sack fumbles as a rush attempt and fumble though. I don't think that is accurate but am not sure. Just too many turnovers. Quite a few of them are on me but qb accuracy is not done well. I misfire on crossing patterns far more than on the deep ball. Quite frankly I can't even remember over throwing my WRs on deep balls. They are always catchable but crossing routes can go sailing 3-5 yards off target into a defender (with slider at 10). I think the penalty for accuracy almost feels reversed as shorter passes are more inaccurate than deep ones. I need to upgrade my number one WR next year for sure.
    I am an abysmal 2-10, though in the last 3 games I dropped down to AP and I have been extremely competitive. Again, I know I am in the minority but I think the gameplay was actually better in 16. Fumbles and QB play are major areas of contention for me. It's sad because franchise is much better in 17 than 16.

Now I need to clarify that I am looking forward to the offseason as my players confidence is so low that it's hugely impacted their ratings. My avg. rating for confidence is around 25. Playing season two on AP should make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I am an abysmal 2-10
    When was the last time anyone has ever said that in Madden or NCAA? I think most people can take the worst team and have a winning record in Year 1.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    When was the last time anyone has ever said that in Madden or NCAA? I think most people can take the worst team and have a winning record in Year 1.
    Yes but most of that comes from my -26 turnover differential.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yes but most of that comes from my -26 turnover differential.
    That must be maddening (no pun intended)

The week one roster update is now available.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The week one roster update is now available.
    I must be doing something strange, my Xbox1 downloaded and saved the week 1 roster update but then when my son and I played a "play now" game he was the Broncos and they still had Mark Sanchez as their starter.

That's because Madden doesn't always load your most recent file. You probably have to manually load the roster file. Not sure.

You must have another roster file saved and it is loading over the "official" roster.

If you aren't playing online, then the Official roster won't be used when you have more than 2 rosters.

Anyone else find when they shift their DL over they line up offsides? It's annoying. Some of the hot routes for blocking like R2 don't work either. Little stuff like the wind arrows not being correct either are adding up to bug me. Man align out of 46 is terrible and the R1 man align doesn't work to fix it. Doesn't help when I'm - 28 in turnover ratio in franchise. Number one in fumbles (almost all qb) and Ints. Qbs should fumble on sacks about 20% or so of the time, not 75%. That needs to be fixed. In games saves still don't save the weather or uniforms either.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-11-2016 at 05:49 AM.

I am one of those freaks that calls a play and almost never audibles. On a rare occasion I will flip a running play.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    You must have another roster file saved and it is loading over the "official" roster.

If you aren't playing online, then the Official roster won't be used when you have more than 2 rosters.
    I'll have to check and see what's on the HD, as far as I know each time it asks me to download an official roster and apply it I say YES.

Do you have to then go in and manually delete the previous "official rosters"?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I'll have to check and see what's on the HD, as far as I know each time it asks me to download an official roster and apply it I say YES.

Do you have to then go in and manually delete the previous "official rosters"?
    Shouldn't need to but wouldn't hurt. It will just prompt you to redownload the roster update. Then it will save under Official Roster afterward.

I'd just make sure that was the only roster file, unless you have another one that you like to go in and edit guys.

Anyone else find when they shift their DL over they line up offsides? It's annoying. Some of the hot routes for blocking like R2 don't work either. Little stuff like the wind arrows not being correct either are adding up to bug me. Man align out of 46 is terrible and the R1 man align doesn't work to fix it. Doesn't help when I'm - 28 in turnover ratio in franchise. Number one in fumbles (almost all qb) and Ints. Qbs should fumble on sacks about 20% or so of the time, not 75%. That needs to be fixed. In games saves still don't save the weather or uniforms either.
    No to the DL shift. I haven't had an offsides penalty and I shift my DL ALOT during games. Maybe it happens when you manually control a DL and try to shift. A few of the guys from my league exclusively user a DL and shift their Line. I've noticed they have gotten a few offsides penalties but out of the number of times I've played them hasn't been more than 5-6 total. I never user a DL.

Unsure if that has to do something with the 'nano detection' or stacking defenders near one another that EA implemented. Where guys would shift then manually move a defender stacking directly against or beside another to cause AI confusion. This year it makes the defenders stumble forward or hesitate. Love that they put that in.

Regarding the R2 block hot route. It's also another one I use heavily, especially for my RB when he is on a route and I need extra protection. Or the FB, or Tight Ends if I am in a 2 TE set. There are some formations, plays and players you cannot to do this for. If I'm not mistaken pretty sure you cannot R2 hot route a WR. It will just put him on a Smoke Screen or a very short Curl/Hitch route. You may be able to do this in some formations, but I've never really wanted to block any of my WR's. And if you are trying to block them on Screen passes, you cannot because EA took out the ability to hot route anyone on Screen plays 2-3 versions ago. Which I also like.

I've been using this block method for years and haven't had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Shouldn't need to but wouldn't hurt. It will just prompt you to redownload the roster update. Then it will save under Official Roster afterward.

I'd just make sure that was the only roster file, unless you have another one that you like to go in and edit guys.

Thank you, I'll check this. For the record I've never messed with the rosters or changed/edited anyone so I'm not sure why it's not working on my end, maybe I'm not holding my controller in the right orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Thank you, I'll check this. For the record I've never messed with the rosters or changed/edited anyone so I'm not sure why it's not working on my end, maybe I'm not holding my controller in the right orientation.
    I never edit or mess with mine either since I play exclusively online.

However other night I noticed that a Ultimate Team roster was also listed that I know I did not save since I have not actually played an MUT game before.

That likely may be the case in your issue as well. I just know whenever I had more than 1 roster that wasn't named Official Roster that the game would prompt me to download the update. This was in the past.

Am I missing or overlooking something here?

- Trying to get into FG range before the half, going out of bounds with 0:06 left.
    - Slow getting playcall in and delay of game.
    - CPU seemingly accepts, but the time is removed off the clock and the half is over.

Bug or is there some rule I am overlooking/not thinking of?

That's got to be a bug.

First, the clock was stopped by you going out of bounds meaning there wouldn't be a runoff. Second, a delay of game is not the type of pre-snap penalty that would cause a 10-second runoff.