Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011

• Facebook
  • Display

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011

Highlights for 2011.

New Physics System for weapons. Tables, ladders, chairs and other weapons can now be used with much more realism. You can do finishers from a ladder and put people through a table. You can lean ladders all over the place (on the ropes, against the side of the ring, etc.), set up a ladder outside the ring and jump onto a ladder inside the ring. You can throw weapons, do finishers onto weapons, etc. Also, you can sit your opponent on the top turnbuckle to set up another move.

Hell In A Cell Match revamped. Cell area made larger to make it closer to actual cell. Weapons are now under the ring like every other match. The Cell door was removed, so now if you want to escape the cell, you have to break out one of the walls instead.

WWE Universe Mode: The game defaults into this mode, which is basically a GM mode that can run without any input from you, or with as much input as you want to add. This mode creates matches, cards, PPVs, etc. Sets up rivalries, and evolves as you play. You can change the matches or just let it do its thing. Basically this is the replacement for exhibition mode, but you can easily bypass it if you want.

Road To WrestleMania mode revamped: RTWM mode now takes a more active form as you get to roam freely backstage, getting into conversations and confrontations with people and taking different paths down the road.

Downloadable Create-A-Wrestlers: This feature returns from 2010, but allows you to edit the ones you download. Last year you were stuck with whatever the creator put in for moves, entrances, music, etc. This year you'll be able to change things, making it infinitely better and more useful.

Create-A-Finisher: Many more moves added here, along with the ability to create finishers with your opponent in the corner (i.e. The Pepsi Plunge)

Multiple titles: You can now enter with two belts, so if you're the WWE and World Heavyweight Champion, you can carry both to the ring. Nameplates on the belts also accurately reflect the champion (and can actually be read).

Money In The Bank: You can win the Briefcase and cash it in for a title match.

Blood is still in game: Blood will be turned off by default, but you can turn it back on.

Divas: Divas can compete in just about any match type (Royal Rumble and First Blood excluded). Women still can't bleed, and still can't fight against men. But you can have Divas TLC or Elimination Chamber.

Entrance Nag Screen Killed: The screen asking if you want turn off entrances because you skip them has been removed (Finally!)

There will be 20 Total Arenas in the game (Including Superstars)

Tribute To The Troops Arena returns (Wal*Mart buyers get the code)

Undertaker will have his Wrestlemania XV Ministry Attire as an alternate (Toys R Us will give you the code if you pre-order from them)

Bret Hart (Classic not current) will be available on XBOX 360 and PS3 (If you get it at Best Buy, most likely will be DLC later on like Stone Cold last year)

Randy Orton has 3 alternate attires (Suit, Ref Shirt, Orton T-Shirt) (Amazon.com has the Code)

Tag Belts are Unified: You can't separate the tag belts this year, which wouldn't be too bad, but they didn't have a chance to animate entrances for tag teams carrying two belts, so if you are the unified tag champs your ring entrances will be separated (i.e. if DX are the champs you can't enter as DX, but Triple H and Shawn Michaels will enter separately each with 2 belts).

THQ Online Code: THQ is taking the same path as EA Sports and are including a code with the game that will be required to play online. If you buy the game used you'll have to pay $10 to get a new code. You do get the first DLC pack with this code (Includes Chris Masters, and alternate attires for Rey Mysterio and Kelly Kelly.

There are still 14 WWE Superstars that have yet to be revealed (and none of them are DLC, all will be in the game) which we will unveil in the coming weeks, and that's the bottom line!

RAW ROSTER

Bret Hart (Best Buy Pre-Order Exclusive) + 1 more way to be announced shortly
    Sheamus (NEW)
    David Hart Smith (NEW)
    Tyson Kidd (NEW)
    Alicia Fox (NEW)
    The Miz
    Triple H
    Chris Jericho
    Edge
    John Cena
    Randy Orton
    John Morrison
    R-Truth
    Evan Bourne
    Eve
    Melina
    Shawn Michaels
    Batista
    Mark Henry
    Santino Marella
    Ted DiBiase
    Primo
    William Regal
    Zack Ryder
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Goldust
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Gail Kim
    Brie Bella
    Nikki Bella
    Natalya
    Maryse

Smackdown Roster

Drew McIntyre (NEW)
    Vance Archer (NEW)
    Luke Gallows (NEW)
    Kane
    Dolph Ziggler
    The Undertaker
    Rey Mysterio
    Big Show
    CM Punk
    Kofi Kingston
    Jack Swagger
    Christian
    Kelly Kelly
    Beth Phoenix
    Matt Hardy
    MVP
    Chavo Guerrero
    JTG
    Shad
    Cody Rhodes
    Finlay
    Michelle McCool
    UPCOMING DLC

Chris Masters (Part of DLC Pack 1 + alt attire for Kelly Kelly and Rey Mysterio @ launch)

Nexus - Wade Barrett (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
    Nexus - David Otunga (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
    Nexus - Justin Gabriel (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
    Diva - Layla (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
    Legend - Lex Luger (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
    Legend - British Bulldog (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday

I saw Marcus Stephenson post on twitter that some of the superstars not mentioned at today's reveal are wrestlers no longer in the WWE. He mentioned that Batista and Tiffany would be in, but she is a non-playable character.

The game sounds pretty deep this year. However, I don't follow wrestling like I used to, so a lot of these names are foreign to me. The 'WWE Universe' mode sounds pretty intriguing to me.

Thanks for posting all of the info here, NatureBoy!

yah, I'm definitely getting this one....

I was a huge fan of the WWE back in the Attitude days. However, after about 02-03 I gradually stopped watching. That being said, I've always enjoyed the video games and hope to pick this bad boy up via GameFly.

Damn, I think I might just have to look into getting this. I haven't paid even a tiny, minuscule iota of attention to anything wrestling in years upon years, and my last wrestling game I played or owned was WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain back in 2003.

But I remember the fun I had playing that game back in the day, and now that I am starting to expand my 360 collection to other sports besides NCAA and Madden (now have NHL, FIFA, golf (TW11), MLB, tennis and will eventually get a NBA game sometime down the road in the future), I think it might be time to look at adding wrestling back into my collection of games for the first time in 7 years.

The career modes have progressively gotten better year to year lately.

I fit in the category of not watching wrestling programming but may give this game a purchase. I don't feel clueless about whats happening in the wrestling world when I can just read whats going on through many wrestling sites. You tube helps as well if something interesting happens (which isnt often). I don't even have a favorite wrestler....hmm...I wonder who i'll choose? I could just download GANGREL from somebody. Yep yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    I fit in the category of not watching wrestling programming but may give this game a purchase. I don't feel clueless about whats happening in the wrestling world when I can just read whats going on through many wrestling sites. You tube helps as well if something interesting happens (which isnt often). I don't even have a favorite wrestler....hmm...I wonder who i'll choose? I could just download GANGREL from somebody. Yep yep.
    Something interesting like this.....

Gotta love Jericho.

The best part was how much Jericho got cheered for talking back to Cole. Everyone in the arena is equally sick of Cole's "May I have your attention please" crap.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The best part was how much Jericho got cheered for talking back to Cole. Everyone in the arena is equally sick of Cole's "May I have your attention please" crap.
    I think everyone is sick of Cole in general, both him and King are horrible.

New vid of a full tables match between MVP and HHH straight from the SvR11 team!

do we have to buy axxcess or is it a code that comes with the game

"Online Axxess is available with redemption of a single-use access code found on the back of the game manual included with original retail"

Presumably, they released it early to DLC sources so people would make that mistake.

"Online Axxess is available with redemption of a single-use access code found on the back of the game manual included with original retail"

Presumably, they released it early to DLC sources so people would make that mistake.
    thanks, just placed the order last night for my son and just wanted to make sure he would have everything on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    yah, I'm definitely getting this one....
    I'll be very interested in what you think of SvR. I was definitely leaning toward EA MMA until I read a little more on SvR's WWE Universe mode. My problem for the last few years of SvR has been with the career mode. That's all I really have interest in playing. So being able to create a lot of fighters and put them all into WWE Universe mode is pretty much perfect.

Coach D, you might want to take a look at this. I'm not totally sure if it's what was on the PS Store / XBL or not.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...ngoing_DLC.php

I'll be very interested in what you think of SvR. I was definitely leaning toward EA MMA until I read a little more on SvR's WWE Universe mode. My problem for the last few years of SvR has been with the career mode. That's all I really have interest in playing. So being able to create a lot of fighters and put them all into WWE Universe mode is pretty much perfect.
    There are some good CAW's and story modes were decent too last year. I didn't dig into 2010 as much as I wanted to. I'm not sure I'm getting this tomorrow yet....have to look at the finances.

For anyone who has it, what are your thoughts on it? I may look into it down the line...