Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 16 Gameplay: AI Improvements and Penalties

• Facebook
  • Display

Here is another gameplay video. I actually think the tackling engine looks more like the first year the IE came out. They ended up toning it down a lot to avoid all the bugs and goofiness that could happen but that just nerfed the whole thing imo. This engine looks like it still has some rag doll physics without being goofy. It does look a lot like Madden but that shouldn't shock anyone. Sports games with 1 year dev cycles will never be significantly different from one year to the next. Those days are long gone. Still at 4:22 I see the NT split the double team a little. That's twice now I've seen that. They still get driven back a lot on double teams but not all the time. That gives me hope. Plus OS said the shotgun running was toned down and that's a good thing.

Last edited by Rudy; 06-18-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Hooe View Post
    The catch controls do not require switching, they are context-aware. Just press Triangle / Y while the ball is in the air and the WR will queue up an Aggressive Catch attempt, regardless whether you are user-controlling the WR.

I think the biggest thing people will have to learn (and maybe weren't doing effectively on the floor; I know I wasn't) is using the Play Man defensive control (Square) as opposed to the Play Ball / Intercept control (Triangle). The former makes the defender make a conscious attempt to punch the ball out of the receiver's possession at the point of the catch, rather than try an interception without considering the WR's position. AJ from EA did this well against me, with the Play Man control he was able to knock the ball out from Dez Bryant's hands with Dwayne Gratz and then a CPU teammate intercepted the redirected football. Giving safety help is another option.

I actually don't think Aggressive Catch is overpowered, to be honest. Rather I think that it wasn't being countered effectively by those playing the game. We'll see.
    I like these new options

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sounds like you can say whatever you damn well please without legal repercussion. Although I suspect you would never be invited back.
    I never was anyway
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

So based on what you have seen, is this worthy of a purchase? I get madden every year but I am still on the fence. Improved gameplay but still crappy CFM. Thus far we have...

improved catching and DB interactions
    improved running game, etc.
    streamlined CFM (and supposedly removed storylines)
    penalties that work more frequently
    a quasi draft board (but not really)

However, identical visuals, the same old commentary, complete lack of immersion, no formation subs, no player editing, no changes to CFM... Does a $69.99 purchase ($79.99 in the Great White North) seem reasonable? I just don't think so... I will use EA ACCESS to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So based on what you have seen, is this worthy of a purchase? I get madden every year but I am still on the fence. Improved gameplay but still crappy CFM. Thus far we have...

improved catching and DB interactions
    improved running game, etc.
    streamlined CFM (and supposedly removed storylines)
    penalties that work more frequently
    a quasi draft board (but not really)

However, identical visuals, the same old commentary, complete lack of immersion, no formation subs, no player editing, no changes to CFM... Does a $69.99 purchase ($79.99 in the Great White North) seem reasonable? I just don't think so... I will use EA ACCESS to decide.
    I think Madden = Madden - I have not seen anything to suggest its any great leaps forward so its a roster update with a few tweaks here and there and that new fantasy draft mode.

I have it pre-ordered with the Amazon e3 deal. Only costing me $56 plus tax Canadian.

Amazon. Ca had a buy 3 get 30% off. Their shipping can be a tad slow. Best buy and Amazon still have a buy 2 get 20% off which is just OK.
    Last edited by Rudy; 06-20-2015 at 07:21 PM.

https://youtu.be/Telv9dcgvpU

More gameplay. I don't see a penalty in this first half of draft champions but not sure if it's tuned or not and looks like pro difficulty. Like what I'm seeing otherwise though

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I have it pre-ordered with the Amazon e3 deal. Only costing me $56 plus tax Canadian.

Amazon. Ca had a buy 3 get 30% off. Their shipping can be a tad slow. Best buy and Amazon still have a buy 2 get 20% off which is just OK.
    The one thing I will say with BEST BUY is that EVERYTHING I have EVER pre-ordered with them has arrived on the day of release. I cannot say the same for Amazon. My problem right now with both offers is that I just don't have $130 to spend on games.

Just read on another site that you CANNOT use that ultra-cool DRAFT Stadium outside of the mode. That's too bad because it would have been a nice addition to CFM and the stadium options (which have not been updated since implementation...)

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The one thing I will say with BEST BUY is that EVERYTHING I have EVER pre-ordered with them has arrived on the day of release. I cannot say the same for Amazon. My problem right now with both offers is that I just don't have $130 to spend on games.
    Me too. Shipping is great with Best Buy. With Amazon they just shipped me a game on Tuesday that released on Friday. Got it 6 days after release. That's crap.

But you don't have to spend the money now. You aren't charged anything until a game ships and then each game is charged separately.

That's probably the only instance Best Buy will ever be better than Amazon

Otherwise they kick the dog shit out of Best Buy across the country

Well, they *are* talking about a different country
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

More gameplay impressions from OS.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...n-impressions/

600 "new" plays and 100 shot plays added. I don't believe they added almost 30 new plays for each team but sounds good. No more hot routing on screens or auto motion plays either which I'm fine with.

http://stickskills.com/2015/07/01/60...madden-nfl-16/

Yeah I'm fine with both as well.

Wouldn't be too difficult to believe for the plays. All one play needs is a different route by one position and it's technically a new play.

But it's likely the plays are shared by teams

Where do you get "almost 30 plays per team, Rudy"?

600 ÷ 32= 18.75

I don't follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Where do you get "almost 30 plays per team, Rudy"?

600 ÷ 32= 18.75

I don't follow you.
    I'm pretty sure it was just rough head math

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was just rough head math
    Very rough.

Very rough indeed and I have a math degree lol.