Thread: Mafia II

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Mafia II

Can't believe there's nothing in here on it. Game looks really awesome (helps that I'm totally into Mafia based games). Never played the first one (had a PS2 not a Xbox).

Played the demo and I'm definitely getting the game sometime soon.

yeah, I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Gonna read some reviews now, but i imagine i'll end up renting this one. I don't typically buy games like this because for me they have too much replayability once ive made it through the story mode.

Saw a commercial on it and I'm intrigued especially if it is as good as Red Dead. I believe that someone else makes Mafia though and not Rock Star.

Read the IGN review & it seems like it has a good story mode but don't expect to be able to run around & enjoy yourself as much doing other things like you can in rockstar games.

I'm going to have to check out the demo soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Read the IGN review & it seems like it has a good story mode but don't expect to be able to run around & enjoy yourself as much doing other things like you can in rockstar games.
    Yeah, but I don't have a problem with that (mainly because I'm anal about sidequests and end up having to do them all and thus making myself get sidetracked from the main story).

I got it today but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Looking forward to playing it though.

I will say the fact the story is more linear and NOT like GTA is very appealing to me. I don't care that much about things being completely open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I will say the fact the story is more linear and NOT like GTA is very appealing to me. I don't care that much about things being completely open world.
    I actually agree with this. I personally never got too into the side missions because it got me away from the main storyline as well. But it also pretty much guarantees that i rent vs buy as the replayability is reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I actually agree with this. I personally never got too into the side missions because it got me away from the main storyline as well. But it also pretty much guarantees that i rent vs buy as the replayability is reduced.
    Well, I can definitely see where it's reduced, but so far, it's pretty good. I'm enjoying it. Not much of a story so far though.

Just added this bad boy to the queue. Although at the rate I'm going at Red Dead and Uncharted 2 it may be awhile before I get to the game.

Pretty much completely disappointed with this game. It's nothing like The Godfather (working your way up the ranks, going into shops and hustling them, more than 4 weapons...) and is ridiculously short (~9 hours or so). Not to mention, the "story" is pretty much blah.

I still have to check out the demo.