Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Alright, I'm lost. Explain the Big Boy.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Dolphins suffered a tough loss. So did the Raiders. Some good close games. I was rooting for Sparano and the Raiders. Sparano is a good guy. A tough coach who coaches up a tough team who the players respect. He's not the smartest guy in the room and he's normally too conservative (his biggest flaw, he should never be an OC) but he's a good guy I can respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Dolphins suffered a tough loss. So did the Raiders. Some good close games. I was rooting for Sparano and the Raiders. Sparano is a good guy. A tough coach who coaches up a tough team who the players respect. He's not the smartest guy in the room and he's normally too conservative (his biggest flaw, he should never be an OC) but he's a good guy I can respect.
    Oh that Raiders game was devastating! I thought they were going to pull it out but as soon as Oakland got across the 50 I just had a bad feeling that Carr was going to put it up and when I saw the deep pass I thought... "oh crap." I like Sporano and I wish him luck... with this team he is going to need it!

As to another topic... what is the deal with Pittsburgh? Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Oh that Raiders game was devastating! I thought they were going to pull it out but as soon as Oakland got across the 50 I just had a bad feeling that Carr was going to put it up and when I saw the deep pass I thought... "oh crap." I like Sporano and I wish him luck... with this team he is going to need it!

As to another topic... what is the deal with Pittsburgh? Ouch!
    Pittsburgh is not good, Cleveland is decent. Pretty simple, really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

When I put together a top 5 power poll, this definitely wouldn't be how I pictured it at the start of the season.

1. Dallas
    2. San Diego
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Arizona
    5. Indy / Seattle
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    When I put together a top 5 power poll, this definitely wouldn't be how I pictured it at the start of the season.

1. Dallas
    2. San Diego
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Arizona
    5. Indy / Seattle
    That's fucked up because this guy I know has the NFL script and he said that the Cardinals would be terrible this year (and some preseason injuries confirmed that notion for him) because they are hosting the Super Bowl. He says the NFL won't let you host a Super Bowl and play in it.

Of course, he also says he likes "Hanes my way". Hanes being the socks and by his way, I think he means masturbating furiously into them.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That's fucked up because this guy I know has the NFL script and he said that the Cardinals would be terrible this year (and some preseason injuries confirmed that notion for him) because they are hosting the Super Bowl. He says the NFL won't let you host a Super Bowl and play in it.

Of course, he also says he likes "Hanes my way". Hanes being the socks and by his way, I think he means masturbating furiously into them.

Is it the guy who said that this is the year of the Broncos? He said Manning is riding off into the sunset with a storybook ending according to the script.

I left Denver off because well the Jets almost beat them
    The dude abides.

I think it's safe to say that Mike Goldberg should stick to UFC and not the NFL

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/mike...fox-debut.html
    The dude abides.

Knowshon Moreno done with an ACL.

I left Denver off because well the Jets almost beat them
    Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Given their injuries and suspensions, San Francisco beat two teams on that list..and were winning against a 3rd before falling asleep at halftime.

Dax Prescott intends on entering the draft next year, but an anonymous GM in the league says he needs one more year in college.
    The dude abides.

Dax Prescott intends on entering the draft next year, but an anonymous GM in the league says he needs one more year in college.
    Go out on top, get that NFL contract, and sit on the bench for a few years raking in the money.

Don't know how to embed this: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11697686

Rick Reilly tells how Rams rookie safety Maurice Alexander was once a janitor at the Edward Jones Dome he now plays in.

Shocked to see Harvin traded so soon. Gave up a ton to get him and then dump him. Reports were him and Russell did not get along. They will need the money for Russ' extension but this was a surprise.

I guess Harvin got in fights with teammates and refused to go back in the Dallas game. A general douschebag apparently.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...out-on-sunday/

I guess Harvin got in fights with teammates and refused to go back in the Dallas game. A general douschebag apparently.
    The number of prima donnas that Urban Meyer had at Florida is starting to concern me, just because of what that could mean for Ohio State. Though he didn't have that same problem at Utah and Bowling Green, so maybe it was also about the circumstances of recruiting to Florida vice other schools.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...out-on-sunday/
    Harvin gone is the best thing to happen to Seattle. Now they can get back to ground and pound. It's the Hawks recipe for success.

Rams just ran a fake punt return where one returner set up on one side of the field and acted like the punt came there, when the real returner was set up across the field. 86 yard touchdown.

I can't remember who did that a few years ago. (Ed: It was the Bears.)
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-19-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The number of prima donnas that Urban Meyer had at Florida is starting to concern me, just because of what that could mean for Ohio State. Though he didn't have that same problem at Utah and Bowling Green, so maybe it was also about the circumstances of recruiting to Florida vice other schools.
    Yeah because THE Ohio St. didn't have prima donnas back in the day....