Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your Impressions of NCAA Football 11 (Post-patch #2, LTP #2)

• Facebook
  • Display

Share Your Impressions of NCAA Football 11 (Post-patch #2, LTP #2)

Starting a new one after the idea from JHC.

With two game updates and two Live Tuning Packages, share your thoughts on the game with the community!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Defense, in general, appears to be back to what it was in '10. Basically, incredibly easy, even with the sliders I was using to make the CPU better at running the ball prepatch have basically become nothing now as, once again, the CPU is pretty easy to stop.

So, no reason to try to work on my Max Defense sliders, I take it. I finally was going to have time this weekend!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Oh, I'm sure there's a way to make them actually competent but lets just say I just finished playing a game against Virginia Tech with WVU where I ran the ball for 275ish yards on 25 or 30 carries (Devin had like 20 carries for 230 yards or something insane like that) with rush defense set to 60 and tackling at 50.

I'm probably going to up some things and see if they make a difference. I'm pretty sure that raising tackling actually causes teams to play significantly better defense against the run because I did have it at 55 and they seemed to shut everything down. I lowered it to 50 and it opened up big time. Very strange.

On my Heisman sliders, after 1 game, my D got sacks galore (QB was holding onto the ball quite a long time....), but the CPU passing % was reasonable and their RB averaged 5.5ypc. Seemed to see better separation against man coverage, particularly when the CPU's S tried to man up on my slot receiver which 86 yards later was a TD......he left him on the cut to the post. The CPU actually played my running game decently, except for the 78 yard TD run I had.....my starting RB was at 4ypc if you leave that run out and the CPU was very aggressive in stopping my run game.
    Initial feel, for my Heisman sliders, is that human pass coverage and rush will need to drop slightly, while CPU pass coverage and pass block may need a slight bump up.
    Oh, and zones were a bit better about not getting torched as easily......I almost ran no zone pre-patch since CPU would slice them up easily.....now the coverage was making the QB hold the ball a bit and the rush would get to him.

Have to play more games to make sure it wasn't some flukey stuff since it was a home game for me.

Has anyone else messed with fake snap post-patch? fsuprime noticed in a game in our OD that he used it and the opposing DL jumped even when on normal (and maybe on conservative?). He indicated that it could become an issue... any other experiences with it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Has anyone else messed with fake snap post-patch? fsuprime noticed in a game in our OD that he used it and the opposing DL jumped even when on normal (and maybe on conservative?). He indicated that it could become an issue... any other experiences with it so far?
    Against the CPU, I have done it several times and I have yet to get them to jump offsides (that's on All-American with 100 Offsides slider).

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Twice in 4 games, I got the CPU to jump and give me a "free play". Doesn't seem bad to me. I probably tried about 5 times per game.

I was able to play two more games last night with both the patch and tuner. I had read about people saying that a lot of slider tweaks are necessary but I don't think so. Some areas have definitely changed so tweaks may be necessary but I don't think any huge changes will be required. Prior to the patch I probably had both human and cpu running games a little too strong while the passing games weren't quite open enough. The patch fixed both problems for me.

The outside running game is certainly a lot tougher now. I usually run between the tackles and don't use many speed backs so this won't affect me much. But when I called outside runs the results were usually 1-2 yard gains. I did get a couple decent runs but no long runs and my share of negative ones as well. I actually found there were an increase overall in the number of negative runs in the two games I played. I think it's good and helps tone down the ypc. To run outside now I think people are going to have to use it to punish teams cheating inside or use players that have the speed to get outside quicker. I think this is a good change and the overall rushing numbers for both human and cpu will be down a bit post patch.

The passing game has been loosened up for both human and cpu and this was needed imo. Man coverage isn't as tight and I found myself completing a lot more slants. The psychic DBs you would see at times definitely seem toned down. Both myself and the cpu seemed to have more success passing and this is something I was looking forward to. If you liked your sliders pre-patch you might want to boost cpu and human pass coverage a notch or two to keep it the same post-patch. I found the overall offensive numbers in my game to be similar to pre-patch. Its just that the running games took a slight hit and the passing game got a bit of a boost. I don't see a difference in the pass rush. In two games I was able to get about the same amount of pressure as pre-patch so this is one concern that I read about that I didn't see.

I was thinking I hadn't seen many drops until my impact WR dropped a wide open TD pass in the endzone. SOB!! I don't think the Catch or INT sliders need to be adjusted post patch but it's only two games. I had read that quarterbacks were more accurate but I think the jury is still out on that. I still saw misfires by both my QB and the cpu QB. Quarterbacks will have more success now with man coverage toned down but I don't know if the QB accuracies have really increased post patch. With just two games I'm far more likely to keep all my sliders intact at the moment.

I definitely saw a few more penalties than before. You certainly can pull the cpu offsides now. I could never do it prior to the patch. I could catch them cheating but they always got back in time. In two games I got three encroachment penalties and a delayed offsides. Unfortunately, the cpu never drew me offsides and I had my DL on aggressive the entire time.

Maybe I was just lucky but in my first dynasty season I never had any long term injuries. In three dynasty games post-patch (one without the tuner) I've had a RB go down for 7 weeks and my starting QB Forcier go down for 4 weeks. Coincidence or OSU programmer? By the way, screw you Ohio! Had the #1 OLB and #3 DE, both kids from Ohio, commit to OSU this past week. I had been fighting tooth and nail with them the entire season. Not used to not getting recruits but AA recruiting is a lot more fun that way.

I think the punt returns are slightly easier. The blocking isn't quite as dumb but you still won't see many big returns. Kick returns are still tough. I'd rather it be like this than too many big returns but I think it could still be loosened up some more. I think the patch made kicking field goals easier. I have no idea why they would make that change. I had been playing with human FG accuracy at 30 but the last few games the game didn't seem to punish me as hard for not lining the kick meter up right. Am I the only one seeing this? I'll play some more before changing but I really do think this got changed.

Overall I'm happy with the patch. There are some nice changes that I think people will like.

Edit: I think injury notifications are fixed now. Erin Andrews talks more and I think we see them all now.

Also, I only saw one fumble total (on a punt return) between all teams in two games. That may have been toned down.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-12-2010 at 05:53 AM.

I've played 4 games and I haven't seen anything that would warrant a slider change just yet. I do wonder about injuries too. I went all season with virtually nothing then had a rash of them in my 2 Dynasty games to close out the season. I still wish we'd see offensive linemen get hurt and a higher occurrence of defensive injuries.

My sliders have changed since the patch. I had them right where I wanted them but now I have to make some changes. Since the patch my pass rush is great, a little too great. Vs Miami I had 7-8 sacks. My run D is great and my rushing is way too good. I had 225 yards on 25 carries and thats them most I have ever had. I think I am going to lower my run block and pass rush and increase the CPU run block and see what that does.

it seems uver v user jump the snap may be broken, i think it may be fine if the users never turn aggressive DL on (i never do) but once someone does and is drawn offsides, even if he changes to normal or conservative his players will be susceptible, lots of talk on utopia about it :/

I agree with Rudy. The patch will have minimal effect on my sliders. The one area that I have noticed a slight difference is cpu rushing and human rushing. My RB aren't breaking huge gains to the outside as often as they were before. That's really good because it has brought my rushing avg down which I just could not fix with sliders. Second, the CPU rushing game is somewhat improved. I originally had the cpu RB at 60 and RB blocking at 80. I am going to move the cpu rb to 50 and the rb blocking to 75 and see how that does.

QB Accuracy may be too good. The sliders I'm using for my OD are set at 25 for HUM QB Accuracy but despite that, my 70THA QB completed 11/21 passes... most of the incompletions were either the defense making a play or me forcing a pass. Pretty much all of the throws were as the QB was standing tall and his couple of throw-on-the-run passes were errant but still yet... just didn't feel right for that low of a rated QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I agree with Rudy. The patch will have minimal effect on my sliders. The one area that I have noticed a slight difference is cpu rushing and human rushing. My RB aren't breaking huge gains to the outside as often as they were before. That's really good because it has brought my rushing avg down which I just could not fix with sliders. Second, the CPU rushing game is somewhat improved. I originally had the cpu RB at 60 and RB blocking at 80. I am going to move the cpu rb to 50 and the rb blocking to 75 and see how that does.
    What are your rushing sliders set to for HUM and CPU? Also what do you have your tak and Rush d set to for HUM and CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    What are your rushing sliders set to for HUM and CPU? Also what do you have your tak and Rush d set to for HUM and CPU?
    This is what I am using as of today

Cpu RB 55 (FROM 60)
    Cpu run block 75 (FROM 80)
    Cpu rush D 70

Hum RB 50
    Hum rush block 50
    Hum rush D 30

I have tackling at 50 for hum and cpu. Other than the changes listed above I really haven't changed my sliders since week one.

I think I need to trash my ND Dynasty, take some time to rework sliders, and start over.

The sliders I have were perfect before patch 2. Now, in season 4, I'm getting a headache playing the game. I run all over the CPU, I can't pass or pass protect, I get no pass rush, I watch the CPU complete 80%, and I watch them miss PAT after PAT. And, the games are now fumble fests.

I think part of the problem is sliders and part is recruiting and progression issues. I was near the end of year 2 when the first set of fixes hit. That means I had 1 year of bad progression and 2 crops of bad recruits. Now, it shows. I doubt I have the patience to play a few years to let things level out.

But, even if I play horrible teams, the games feel the same. I'm no longer certain if it's bad players, bad sliders or both. I need to play with the default rosters again and see if it's sliders.

I'm skeptical that starting over is going to fix the kicking game. It'd be a shame if such a fantastic game is ruined by so many horribly inaccurate kickers. I know the new classes are better, but I doubt they're good enough. Simming PATs may end up being the way to go.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I have the energy to go through slider work again.

Someone talk me off the ledge, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure if I have the energy to go through slider work again.

Someone talk me off the ledge, lol.
    I feel the same man and I wish I could but I feel the same way. I'm seeing drastic differences as well in season 4 as well and it's driving me nuts. I hate to start over though cause I'm getting some awesome recruits now and everything but it definitely looks like that's what I'm going to have to do to get any type of consistency out of this game now...

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I feel the same man and I wish I could but I feel the same way. I'm seeing drastic differences as well in season 4 as well and it's driving me nuts. I hate to start over though cause I'm getting some awesome recruits now and everything but it definitely looks like that's what I'm going to have to do to get any type of consistency out of this game now...
    Yeah, I had the #1 class after season 3. I know what you mean about not wanting to start over. I went 11-2, 10-3 and 11-2 in the first 3 years. I had a blast. Now, I have a headache.

I guess it's up to me to decide if I wanna work with sliders or wait for NHL.

Off topic, I guess, but looking at the CPU's Depth Charts makes me ill. Nearly every defensive position has a FS as a backup. Why on earth would the CPU let an 84 OVR LG rot on the bench while starting a 67 RG and a 52 C? The CPU needs serious work to it's depth chart/position change logic.

One thing I've noticed is I can finally get some INT's. Still had several drops but felt I caught the ones that were obvious.