Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 CFM experience...

• Facebook
  • Display
    Niners CCM with CDJ: Traded the drop machine Mario Manningham to the Colts, along with a 3rd round in 2014 and 4th round in 2015 for T.Y. Hilton. I think Hilton will fit nicely in the slot with Boldin and Crabtree on the outside.
    The dude abides.

Finally got the pre-season started tonight. It's great to see the Oilers rise again. I just wish there wer emore uni options... I played my first exhibition aganist SF and beat therm 27-20 at Levis Stadium.

My third round qb went 12-21 for 208 yards 1 td and 1 int
    Zac Stacy at rb had a good game with 17 carries for 79 yards and a td
    McFadden struggled with limited work

Richardson is on the bubble right now as we have a lot of quality rb's
    The qb situation is still up in the air as well.

I have been pretty sick all weekend but I finally had a chance to get in another game. Pre-season two and the Oilers play there first game at OIL RIG STADIUM. We took on the Giants and it wasn't even close.

FINAL: GIANTS 10 OILERS 31

Gamenotes:

1. McFadden had another weak performance... he is struggling with runs inside and outside...
    2. Robertson had a monster game... 14 carries for 122 yards and a td.
    *** he was on the trade block... maybe on longer???
    *** at this pace he will start over McFadden
    3. all my qb's played well. However, my rookie QB was unstoppable.
    ** qb #5 11-11 117 yards and 1 td
    4. backup TE Rosario may be playing himself a spot on the team. He had another strong performance
    5. WR Tate is a good player but I just don't know if he has a role on this team. Youth wr's are the way to go

CDJ is currently 4-0 (Seahawks), I'm currently 2-2 (49ers).

My last game, I lost Vernon Davis for what was to believed to be 11 weeks thankfully it was a misdiagnosis for the herniated disk. He's only going to be out for two weeks.
    The dude abides.

I'm hoping to get my offline owner mode on beginning this weekend. I've pretty much given up on sliders though as none of them have really been all that helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'm hoping to get my offline owner mode on beginning this weekend. I've pretty much given up on sliders though as none of them have really been all that helpful.
    Try my new set posted in the sliders section. Tweak as necessary after testing with my listed sliders.

I am in the process of trying a different Franchise than I have ever done. I will be simming the first 12 weeks then playing all the games in the last 5 weeks and playoffs. I will set-up a draft board so I can draft for every team in rounds 1-3 then sim the rest of the draft. I will probably sim free agency to add some unpredictability into the Franchise. I have no idea how this will turn out but I am going to give it a try soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Try my new set posted in the sliders section. Tweak as necessary after testing with my listed sliders.

I am in the process of trying a different Franchise than I have ever done. I will be simming the first 12 weeks then playing all the games in the last 5 weeks and playoffs. I will set-up a draft board so I can draft for every team in rounds 1-3 then sim the rest of the draft. I will probably sim free agency to add some unpredictability into the Franchise. I have no idea how this will turn out but I am going to give it a try soon.
    Will do. However, another big issue Im going to have is ZERO attachment to any NFL team. I may just trophy whore it out with the 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks or Patriots.

Just fired up a Dolphins franchise this morning. I'm only in the 3rd preseason week. I don't play the preseason games but I will play all my regular season ones. The practice options almost seem worse. They are all 2000/1000 points and there aren't as many options. Practice is SO boring. And the one where you are down 2 or 3 with three minutes to go is crap. I didn't realize I started the practice on 4th down and 10 with no timeouts. You don't convert that and you are up a creek. I wonder if practice is harder than the franchise games like last year? They added skill trainer - why not use some of those things for the practice instead? Why not use real players to practice against too? Give me Madden moments or anything other than what we have.

CDJ is 5-0 with the Seahawks, and I'm 3-2 with the Niners. I've won 3 straight after a stumbling start. Thankfully I get Vernon Davis back in week 6. He had 320 yards in the first two games with the 3 TD's. He was having an MVP type season before going down with a herniated disk. I'm about to start calling on the '72 Dolphins to show up in Seattle with champagne to distract CDJ
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    CDJ is 5-0 with the Seahawks, and I'm 3-2 with the Niners. I've won 3 straight after a stumbling start. Thankfully I get Vernon Davis back in week 6. He had 320 yards in the first two games with the 3 TD's. He was having an MVP type season before going down with a herniated disk. I'm about to start calling on the '72 Dolphins to show up in Seattle with champagne to distract CDJ
    You lost with the Niners?

That should not be possible lol

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    You lost with the Niners?

That should not be possible lol
    Yeah the Packers took me out in week 1, and CDJ beat me by 5 in week 2 at Seattle.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah the Packers took me out in week 1, and CDJ beat me by 5 in week 2 at Seattle.
    Ah thats right Seahawks game is Week 2.

They have weapons all over...and you have Hilton? ..damn

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Ah thats right Seahawks game is Week 2.

They have weapons all over...and you have Hilton? ..damn
    Yeah. Traded Manningham and a 3rd rounder I think.
    The dude abides.

So EA has all the twitter feeds and personalities in game but took out the option to tweet your results to Twitter? I don't get it. Why is it that every time I save my franchise is creates a new save (if it's the next day) rather than write over top the old one? It's annoying to have to clean up these saves.

Finally got through the preseason and into my first game. Lamar Miller is hurt for 4 weeks so I signed Jonathon Dywer and made him the starter. Dexter McCluster got released so I picked him up since Thigpen is my only decent returner and I've always liked Dexter even if he's only rated a 72 and injury prone in the game. Some of my guys ratings are weird. Jared Odrick dropped over 10 points and I don't see how my scheme is affecting him that much.

Got a win over the Browns but it was tough! They jumped out to a 17-0 lead scoring on all three of their first possessions. Richardson rushed for over 100 yards against me but they never scored again. I scored with under 5 minutes to go to win 20-17. My passing game is stinky. Up next is the Colts.

So I donwloaded the OS sliders that EA was touting when you popped in the game. The game is just broke for me as I can do whatever I want this year in both Madden and NCAA. 3-0 with the 49ers I think the closes margin was like 35 points. Hopefully, your legacy score goes up quickly b/c this is going to get boring quickly.

Breezed through preseason going 4-0. In game three I simmed (by accident) and the we ended up thrashing the Eagles. Game four of preseason was absolute domination in a 66-14 beating of the Skins. McFadden had a huge game and so did Richardson. Yet again my third string qb had a huge game throwing for 324 yards and 3td's. Man I wish someone would take Bradford off my hands...

Okay next up, some very tough decisions... six cuts are required...

Off to the start of the season. I had to make a few hard decisions but overall this team is stacked. As strange as it sounds, the first game of the regular season is against Washington... again. Even though I played them at home last week we are going to do it all over again...???...

Bradford and McFadden will be given the chance to lead but I love my depth at rb and qb. I will not hesitate to make a move if necessary.

Total nail-biter for game one as I squeaked out a 21-16 victory over the Skins. McFadden had a great week with 26 carries for 143 yards and 1 td. Bradford threw two pics and was close to being yanked before settling down and leading his team to victory.

As a side-note, this game was very wonky (terrible physics, warping, etc.). I am also coming to the conclusion that I should never throw the deep ball as it seems the choices are dropped or intercepted. Why (tiburon) do receivers not fight for the ball or come back to the ball???

As for owner mode, my team is now #8 overall in value. I guess moving from STL to Houston was a great idea? However, the fans are unhappy with me??? I'm not sure why since I lowered prices on everything, we won the first game of the season and were 4-0 in the preseason. I guess the price of chicken salad is still too high???...

Well these Madden 25 featured OS sliders are much help even with run block at 0 Gore still has 997 rushing yards through week 4. On a positive note maybe I can get the after going undefeated in 3 straight seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    As a side-note, this game was very wonky (terrible physics, warping, etc.). I am also coming to the conclusion that I should never throw the deep ball as it seems the choices are dropped or intercepted. Why (tiburon) do receivers not fight for the ball or come back to the ball???
    Have you tried reducing offensive pass interference in the penalty sliders? It's supposed to make the WRs more aggressive. There was a good post on OS on the affect of penalty sliders. I know guys here and at OS believe they have a significant affect.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045454938

OFFSIDE (DL)
    -------
    + Increases block shedding and acceleration/explosiveness at the snap
    - Decreases defenders aggressiveness

FALSE START (OL)
    -------
    + Increases OL movement at the snap

HOLDING (OL, DL)
    -------
    + Increases duration of blocks and has affect on higher rated OL of getting more penalties
    - Decreases duration of blocks and more likely defenders will shed blocks

FACEMASK (DEF)
    -------
    + Increases violence of hits
    - Decreases

DPI (DB, DEF coverage)
    -------
    + Decreases aggressiveness of DB's
    - Increases

OPI (WR, route-running)
    -------
    + Decreases aggressiveness of WR
    - Increases

KR/PR INTER (DEF, responsiveness)
    -------
    + Increases responsiveness of DEF (Reaction to ball)
    - Decreases

CLIPPING (OL, blocking)
    -------
    + Increases aggressiveness of downfield play
    - Decreases

INT GRND (QB pocket presence)
    -------
    + Decreases the pocket patience of QB
    - Increases

RTP (QB pursuit, DEF aggressiveness)
    ---
    + Decreases aggressive tackle animations and diving tackles for sacks on the QB
    - Increases

RTK (DEF pursuit)
    + Decreases global pursuit of DEFENDERS
    - Increases