Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Feedback - August 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    Which wouldn't be hard to do. The name of the site doesn't single out one game, so it wouldn't be hard to promote the site as being an all EA Sports titles instead of mainly NCAA.

For the people that want the HTML code enabled I have a solution. Go on OS and input all the data, then once you get the HTML code instead of copying the code you can just do a print screen, and then crop the image so it is just the table. Therfore it will be an image that you can insert

Added Team Logos to the smilies. Will work great for Dynasty Reports and also college football discussion.

vs.

You should see if you can find a vs. image for a smilie

Nice idea, BB.

Also, great discussion on game forums/subforums. We definitely want to grow other game discussion (especially all sports titles), but we're brainstorming ways to do so with adding sub-forums being a secondary option. Keep the ideas and discussion flowing.

For the record, I don't like sub forums either. Makes things appear way too cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    For the record, I don't like sub forums either. Makes things appear way too cluttered.
    Agreed and along with that, we want to make sure any new forums will have a decent amount of traffic to avoid the place looking like an empty mansion. Though, there's a point to be made that maybe having a forum/sub-forum would bring in people as well. Though, we've always said that we want the site to be the best it can no matter if there's 5 people or 5,000 posting. We aren't looking to make money off of hits or traffic; just provide an open forum for thoughts and great content.

IMHO, if this site caters to those who don't play NCAA, it might end up like other sites that cater to those who don't play NCAA and call themselves NCAA sites. I know a lot of us (myself included) play a lot of other titles, but NCAA should remain a nearly exclusive focus to keep things from getting watered down.

If traffic and such is your motive, sell out and add a Halo sub forum or a World of Nerdcraft one. If not, stick to what you do best.

I'd like to discuss NCAA with guys who play it instead of arguing with guys who don't.

Just my opinion.

I agree with you there, steelerfan. I probably wasn't clear in my post above. NCAA is the main hub and focus of the site, but we realize that most people play some at least one other sports game heavily, if not several. That's why you see us post a lot of news on the other sports titles, but they won't take over. Though, maybe if we can do something unique, we may do a podcast talking about another game (and will probably tie it back to NCAA in some fashion) and may have gaming nights for other titles. We won't say we're an NCAA site and then get upset when people want to talk about it and we aren't looking for traffic just to make money. We've talked of adding in very minimal ads to help with giveaways/server expense, but we're not in a hurry even for that. We have zero ads and it wouldn't bother me if we never added any.

I know where you're coming from, cdj. You and I have discussed your collective vision before and I am on board with what you guys are doing. I wasn't fishing for a response, I was just saying what I think. I absolutely know it's not a money thing, I hope my tongue-in-cheek references to selling out didn't feel hostile. I was speaking more to the group than to the leaders.

I have no issue with anything being discussed here. I trust you guys will make good decisions and continue to provide the best NCAA forum on the net!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'd like to discuss NCAA with guys who play it instead of arguing with guys who don't.
    This pretty much sums things up from my perspective. TGT's emphasis on the NCAA series really sets it apart from other sports gaming sites, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    We've talked of adding in very minimal ads to help with giveaways/server expense, but we're not in a hurry even for that. We have zero ads and it wouldn't bother me if we never added any.
    I can understand the reasoning, and don't pretend to know what your server expenses are, but I'd much rather see the site continue to be member supported, and I'd be happy to donate more regularly than once every two two years to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    For the people that want the HTML code enabled I have a solution. Go on OS and input all the data, then once you get the HTML code instead of copying the code you can just do a print screen, and then crop the image so it is just the table. Therfore it will be an image that you can insert
    Can the same thing be done if I have allready copy/pasted the HTML code at another forum site?

I.e. Can I go to the other site where I am currently posting the dynasty and do the print screen/crop image and then upload to say photobucket and then insert here?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Can the same thing be done if I have allready copy/pasted the HTML code at another forum site?

I.e. Can I go to the other site where I am currently posting the dynasty and do the print screen/crop image and then upload to say photobucket and then insert here?
    That should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    That should work just fine.
    Lovely. Looks like I've got some work to do....

Just had to test that.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Best damn looking logo on this forum.

Granted I'm just a tad bit biased.

Okay, so I have my Sun Devil... but where's the Reese Peanut Butter Cup to go along with it? After all, it's the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate... lol