Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 5, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah, I saw the score this morning and got a little worried. I am also worried about MSU now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Yeah, I saw the score this morning and got a little worried. I am also worried about MSU now as well.
    Yeah... they definitely gave me more of a challenge than I expected. My running game was hit or miss against them. I got my yards, but it was hard fought throughout.

I am so not looking forward to Week 7 ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

does EEEEE have internet yet?

If I don't hear anything from him by 8pm central I am going to put him on Auto-pilot.

Good idea, There are a lot of weeks i'm scared of now. Iowa was a battle, but it was very enjoyable. I've never minded to lose to the CPU (well a little).

Oregon is on AutoPilot until we hear something from 'E'. If I don't here anything I guess we will start looking for a replacement.

I'll get my game in in the next couple of minutes then.

Oneback sounds good, I will be playing my sbcol game tonight then pending time atleast getting my recruiting done tonight. Also don't forget that I have a person of interest for a replacement if you don't have anyone else in mind.

Damn, LaMichael James is a beast. This Air Force offense is killing my defense right now.

2 weeks in a row, Tech pulls off some late game heroics and pulls out the victory, 42-38.

i almost did not need to bring my ps3 to michigan lol, glad i did though since it rained this morning.

For some reason Rushing Yards don't show on the Team Stats on the Dynasty Wire ... but Kingpin gave up a nice 292 yards on 54 attempts. I'd say our CPU running game is just fine.

No sign of Escobar tonight ... sigh, this is only downside to ODs. Just watch ... when everyone else is ready to go is when I'll be getting busy again.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    For some reason Rushing Yards don't show on the Team Stats on the Dynasty Wire ... but Kingpin gave up a nice 292 yards on 54 attempts. I'd say our CPU running game is just fine.
    Yeah that is definitely true. LaMichael James run all over me, but that was also because they ran a Flexbone offense. I think the tackling should go up 1 as I missed a lot of tackles with my best player on defense.

No sign of Escobar tonight ... sigh, this is only downside to ODs. Just watch ... when everyone else is ready to go is when I'll be getting busy again.
    I thought him and Tex was supposed to play tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Yeah that is definitely true. LaMichael James run all over me, but that was also because they ran a Flexbone offense. I think the tackling should go up 1 as I missed a lot of tackles with my best player on defense.
    Heh. I ran a Flexbone offense in a offline Dynasty game earlier tonight. USC (basically) against Arkansas. Despite having a drastic talent advantage, I couldn't run worth crap. Ended up getting the 300+ yards passing with the Option trophy, because I couldn't move the ball effectively otherwise.

It's very weird, I ran the Flexbone a lot last year but couldn't find the holes today.

Heh. I ran a Flexbone offense in a offline Dynasty game earlier tonight. USC (basically) against Arkansas. Despite having a drastic talent advantage, I couldn't run worth crap. Ended up getting the 300+ yards passing with the Option trophy, because I couldn't move the ball effectively otherwise.

It's very weird, I ran the Flexbone a lot last year but couldn't find the holes today.
    I played with the Flexbone offense in an offline dynasty last year, and had moderate success with it. I've yet to run it in a game this year, but after seeing it being used like that, it's amazing not many other people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I played with the Flexbone offense in an offline dynasty last year, and had moderate success with it. I've yet to run it in a game this year, but after seeing it being used like that, it's amazing not many other people use it.
    It's horribly difficult to recruit for, for one thing. You almost have to luck into it. And once you go down that route, you absolutely have to commit to it as your primary offense. A FB that is the B-Back in a Flexbone is rarely useful as a regular fullback, especially in pass protection. The Air Force playbook is good that it allows you to run multiple different kinds of offenses, so it's not quite as much of a commitment, but that is one reason, I think, why more people don't use it.

Plus, as I found out last year, a lot of people don't actually understand the Flexbone. It seems like if you didn't run an option offense in high school (as my team did), then you haven't been exposed to it enough to actually understand it.

we were supposed to play but he lives an extravagant life that leads to the wee hrs of the night and my married self cant hang. supposed to play tonight @8:30 est. if this doesnt happne Id say sim it because its holding everything up