Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2013 NBA Offseason Talk

The 2012-13 season is already done. The draft is Thursday night. A draft I'm really looking forward to. Some new news today:

Good to see Brian Shaw finally get a head coaching gig, and with a solid team in Denver.

Interested to see what the Cavs do b/c if they don't start getting help for my boy Kyrie soon he's gonna take his talents to.....

Nerlens Noel #1? I think he should be. Only because I drafted him in 2K13 and had no idea who he was, because I don't follow college basketball until around March Madness. I thought it was some kind of mistake how good he was, because I got him with the 15th overall pick. Led my team (Rockets) to the title in his 4th year I think. Him paired with Kyrie and Dion Waiters, the Cavs could have their own little big 3 going. Maybe even entice LeBron to come back home.

Freshman
    Alex Len is actually the player that everyone's thinking will go #1

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Canes Fan View Post
    Alex Len is actually the player that everyone's thinking will go #1
    No way that kid goes #1. Not happening. He's not athletically gifted enough to be #1. It's gonna be Noel because it's the highest need for Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No way that kid goes #1. Not happening. He's not athletically gifted enough to be #1. It's gonna be Noel because it's the highest need for Cleveland.
    Hey a guy named Michael Olowokandi went #1 back in 98...

So it could happen, and it is the Caviliers who could be picking next year again at this spot

Freshman
    If Greg Oden didn't have that many injuries, the Noel would definitely by the #1 pick. Personally I would go for Otto with the #1 pick then package the other three picks somehow and get Cody Zeller then sign Zeke Marshall to develop into the defensive 6th man, So a starting five of Waiters, Irving, Porter, Thompson, and C. Zeller Would be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4Gold View Post
    If Greg Oden didn't have that many injuries, the Noel would definitely by the #1 pick. Personally I would go for Otto with the #1 pick then package the other three picks somehow and get Cody Zeller then sign Zeke Marshall to develop into the defensive 6th man, So a starting five of Waiters, Irving, Porter, Thompson, and C. Zeller Would be solid.
    Doesn't Tyler Zeller play for them?

Is his brother better than him?

I think they could use Otto as well and would be a better #1 pick.

On another note, definitely about time Brian Shaw got his opportunity. Sucks it came at the expense of the reigning Coach of the Year.

Freshman
    Isn't the highest need for the Cavs a SF?

Quote Originally Posted by Canes Fan View Post
    Isn't the highest need for the Cavs a SF?
    That was my thinking, although I haven't followed them closely over the last few years.

Makes since to me

Just know they should be stock piling talent with the recent #1's and first rounders they have been getting.

Nah. PF or C would be far more influential. Someone with shotblocking ability.

Nah. PF or C would be far more influential. Someone with shotblocking ability.
    Don't they have that now? Varejo (defensive ability), Zeller.

They need far more than shot blocking, need someone who can help score with Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Don't they have that now? Varejo (defensive ability), Zeller.

They need far more than shot blocking, need someone who can help score with Irving.
    Varejo is old and been injured quite a bit lately. Zeller is terrible and definitely not the answer.

Varejo is old and been injured quite a bit lately. Zeller is terrible and definitely not the answer.
    Well he's 30, but agree with the injuries.

Well I don't think the other Zeller brother is the answer either

I still think they would do better with going with Otto Porter at #1.

Freshman
    Doesn't Tyler Zeller play for them?

Is his brother better than him?

I think they could use Otto as well and would be a better #1 pick.

On another note, definitely about time Brian Shaw got his opportunity. Sucks it came at the expense of the reigning Coach of the Year.
    Cody is much better than Tyler. He is not a defense type center though that is why I like Zeke Marshall as a FA, He is a legit 7'0 with a 7'5 wingspan and blocked 3.7 shots last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4Gold View Post
    Cody is much better than Tyler. He is not a defense type center though that is why I like Zeke Marshall as a FA, He is a legit 7'0 with a 7'5 wingspan and blocked 3.7 shots last season.
    Gotcha

That's the thing, is the Cavs mindset right now really "we're just a Center, shotblocker away from competing?"

How many 7 footers they want to collect if they were to take Cody.

Gotcha

That's the thing, is the Cavs mindset right now really "we're just a Center, shotblocker away from competing?"

How many 7 footers they want to collect if they were to take Cody.
    That's why you take Noel and ride out his injury to see if you can get another Blake Griffin. If so, it's a steal because Noel is more talented than Griffin was out of college with a higher ceiling (he actually plays defense, unlike Griffin).

Having a vet at Noel's position already lets you ride out the injury this year instead of feeling like you're forced to bring him back quickly. The Cavs are most definitely not a shotblocking center away from competing, but they definitely aren't any other single player from competing either. You take the best player available (accounting for growth potential) and that player is either Noel or McElmore.

IF I were the Cavs I'd draft Oladipo, Porter or McLemore. The bigs in this draft have BUSTS written all over them. Other than Zeller and Plumlee (neither will be stars) I could easily see the rest of them being OUT of the league in 3 years.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    IF I were the Cavs I'd draft Oladipo, Porter or McLemore. The bigs in this draft have BUSTS written all over them. Other than Zeller and Plumlee (neither will be stars) I could easily see the rest of them being OUT of the league in 3 years.
    I would not draft McLemore, he is out of shape and measured two inches shorter then listed. Oladipo is moving up, but I still think Porter is the choice because the upside just like how Hibbert has improved so much over his years.

Thumbs down

At the Lakers for putting this banner outside the Staples Center.