Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 at E3

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jello1717 View Post
    Game changers, do you know what these symbols under the players are? Are they replacements for the hot/cold circles under players in previous games or are they something else?

Is it a matchup stick picture meaning some dudes are even with their opposite (yellow bar) while the dudes with a green arrow up have an advantage and the dude with a red arrow down is at a disadvantage?

Attachment 662
    That's how I interpretted it. Personally I liked the 06 version better but I'm just glad to see matchup stick return.

I'm not certain but I don't think it's the matchup stick there, I think it's the hot or cold indicator. I'm sure we'll be able to tell a little better come Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    This just looks so clean compared to last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JSmith03 View Post
    This just looks so clean compared to last year.
    clean ? its a cartoony video game...clean could also mean it looks kind of plastic. It looks so clean that it looks like it did 5 and six years ago actually.its not vastly different really. Just different levels in brightness

The grass just needs to be toned down a bit IMO, and I think it will look fine

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm not certain but I don't think it's the matchup stick there, I think it's the hot or cold indicator. I'm sure we'll be able to tell a little better come Tuesday.
    Ill try and get a screen grab of it but I think I saw it earlier on one of the videos. It was a banner across the top with 3 or 4 ratings showing +/- a #.

Typed by thumbs.

Here it is...look across the top.

Typed by thumbs.

while a cam that far back might help some people in some ways..it makes the game less interesting and the players too small..looks like a phone app game. You don't really enjoy the player movement and animations and such

Game changers, do you know what these symbols under the players are? Are they replacements for the hot/cold circles under players in previous games or are they something else?

Is it a matchup stick picture meaning some dudes are even with their opposite (yellow bar) while the dudes with a green arrow up have an advantage and the dude with a red arrow down is at a disadvantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Actually, I am pretty sure that is part of the match-up stick.

Actually, I am pretty sure that is part of the match-up stick.
    This is my guess because in my picture it's only showing the skill players, but in other parts it only shows the O-line. Im guessing matchup stick shows one group at a time. With the hot/cold of yesteryear it showed everyone at once.

This is my guess because in my picture it's only showing the skill players, but in other parts it only shows the O-line. Im guessing matchup stick shows one group at a time. With the hot/cold of yesteryear it showed everyone at once.
    According to the videos, when you look at the right stick options it looks like you can see pass play matchup, run play matchup, and hot/cold players

I know some guys love zoom and the close up look. Those aren't for me. I don't care for the Zoom camera and the Wide camera is too flat. I love the co-ordinator cam. I can understand guys that say it's too far away and you don't appreciate the graphics as much. Just imagine the guy that buys NCAA 15 for the PS4 and uses that cam and doesn't notice a difference lol.

Either way the co-ordinator cam looks great to me. Can't wait to try it out on the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I know some guys love zoom and the close up look. Those aren't for me. I don't care for the Zoom camera and the Wide camera is too flat. I love the co-ordinator cam. I can understand guys that say it's too far away and you don't appreciate the graphics as much. Just imagine the guy that buys NCAA 15 for the PS4 and uses that cam and doesn't notice a difference lol.

Either way the co-ordinator cam looks great to me. Can't wait to try it out on the demo.
    Yup, I will either use NORMAL or COORDINATOR. Whatever helps my passing game tomy primary receivers is the camera I will choose.

Anyone remember the Blimp camera back in Madden on the PS1 - like Madden 98 or Madden 99? I use to play with that camera all the time. This new co-ordinator camera is a better version of it. Wish Madden had it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yup, I will either use NORMAL or COORDINATOR. Whatever helps my passing game tomy primary receivers is the camera I will choose.

Typed by thumbs.

The Madden default camera has changed a lot! (I'm going to post this in the Madden thread too). I didn't realize how different it was. You can see the outside WRs easily now. It's more of a cross between default and co-ordinator now but lower. Madden 13 default cam is very similar to NCAA 14 default. Check these images out.

Madden 13 default Cam

Madden 25 Default cam

NCAA 14 default cam

NCAA 14 Co-ordinator cam

Last edited by ram29jackson; 06-15-2013 at 08:11 PM.