Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

• Facebook
  • Display
    Okay guys we know each other political leanings. How about we just discuss the tragedy and leave the personal quips aside.

*sigh*
    This is what's wrong with our society. We react without facts and we're always looking to place blame. How about we just pray for the granules affected until an investigation can play out. Once we have facts, THEN talk about motives and whatnot.

Also, this is why I love "The Newsroom" on HBO. If that station from the show were real, it would be my only source for televised news. i live their philosophy for covering a story. Season 2 starts July 14th!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    \

No he does NOT. If you have NOTHING to say/add the ONLY reason you are going out there is for your own PR/Ego.

Moreover, the MA gov and the Boston Maryor actually answered ?'s from the media where Obama ignored the ?'s (I distinctly heard was this an act of terror question) and he did not answer the ? or even respond to it.
    In your opinion, what should have Obama said?

Edit: Nevermind. I like this better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Okay guys we know each other political leanings. How about we just discuss the tragedy and leave the personal quips aside.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    *sigh*
    This is what's wrong with our society. We react without facts and we're always looking to place blame. How about we just pray for the granules affected until an investigation can play out. Once we have facts, THEN talk about motives and whatnot.

Also, this is why I love "The Newsroom" on HBO. If that station from the show were real, it would be my only source for televised news. i live their philosophy for covering a story. Season 2 starts July 14th!
    I am with you up until you bring up "The Newsroom." Yikes. You want to keep politics out of this, this is the wrong show to praise my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    In your opinion, what should have Obama said?
    Give new info (suspect/person of interest in custody - if that is in fact true); actually answered the media's questions; OR not come out at all until more is known and you have something of substance/importance to add.

More media reporting a Saudi is the suspect and was tackled by someone at the scene after acting suspiciously:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/1...n-finish-line/

This thread needs to be closed before it gets any more embarrassing. Fuck me...people are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This thread needs to be closed before it gets any more embarrassing. Fuck me...people are dead.
    People die everyday, there are tragedies like this daily across the world. Should the mods lock up every thread?

People die everyday, there are tragedies like this daily across the world. Should the mods lock up every thread?
    Only when politics are brought into it. It's fucking disrespectful to even mention it...

The word terrorism has to be carefully used. Many people will compare this to 9/11, and assume it's Al-Qaeda. But on the other hand, in Oklahoma City, it was an American. Without definite word of who did this, words have to be chosen carefully.

POI - here on a student visa according to NBC News

I am with you up until you bring up "The Newsroom." Yikes. You want to keep politics out of this, this is the wrong show to praise my friend.
    Maybe I'm oblivious to propaganda leaning towards one side or the other but to me, it seems more fact driven than policy pushing. I know they're anti tea party (for legit reasons) but it doesn't come across as anti-conservatism.

Most of the WBZ and Globe footage was at the finish line. Apparently the other bomb that detonated earlier on the race route was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only when politics are brought into it. It's fucking disrespectful to even mention it...
    There is the ability to ignore a user(s) if it gets to you that much. In fairness you just linked to Patton Oswald, who makes a living being disrespectful to others.

I have a friend who goes to Tufts very close to the finish line there....thankfully she's okay.

Jordanian Muslim Salafi group said early Tuesday that he was "happy to see the horror in America"

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/jordan-extremist-praises-boston-bombing

There is the ability to ignore a user(s) if it gets to you that much. In fairness you just linked to Patton Oswald, who makes a living being disrespectful to others.
    Fuck me...I didn't link to him. I linked to something he said. Your reaching man.

Multiple reports that the bombs had shrapnel/ball bearings in them. And the 1st bomb was likely trying to drive the people directly into the 2nd bomb to cause the most damage possible.

Uhhh. Take your own advise that you posted 5 minutes ago.