Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Which comes first egg/chicken? For me you treat any "major attack" like this as an act of war 1st and we have a military system of justice where the Judge there could rule it was not an act of war and kick it to the criminal justice system when/if necessary.

IF you treat it as a crime 1st they would be entitled to U.S. Constitutional rights (such as "Miranda rights"). It's hard to undo something like that once you open "Pandora's box".
    Makes sense.

Congrats! You made a case without invoking "the downfall of liberals!" You're a smart dude. I think more people would engage in political conversation with you if you didn't have so much hate/disdain for Obama/liberals/democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Makes sense.

Congrats! You made a case without invoking "the downfall of liberals!" You're a smart dude. I think more people would engage in political conversation with you if you didn't have so much hate/disdain for Obama/liberals/democrats.
    Yeah apparently my jokes/sarcasm re: liberals don't go over well around these parts.

Only one issue. The younger brother is an American citizen, and was arrested in the US. So he couldn't be tried in a military tribunal as an enemy combatant. He would have always ended up in the civilian courts from the beginning. They just invoked the public safety thing to hold him and question him without mirandizing him first.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Only one issue. The younger brother is an American citizen, and was arrested in the US. So he couldn't be tried in a military tribunal as an enemy combatant. He would have always ended up in the civilian courts from the beginning. They just invoked the public safety thing to hold him and question him without mirandizing him first.

Well ignoring the Constitutional issue re: whether a state(s) have the right to leave the union. Americans have engaged in war against the Federal Government before see the Civil War.

There are also several KNOWN acts that a person immediately loses his/her U.S. citizenship 8 U.S.C. 1481 including: "taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years" and "committing any act of treason against, or attempting by force to overthrow, or bearing arms against, the United States, violating or conspiring to violate any of the provisions of section 2383 of title 18, or willfully performing any act in violation of section 2385 of title 18, or violating section 2384 of title 18 by engaging in a conspiracy to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, if and when he is convicted thereof by a court martial or by a court of competent jurisdiction."

IMHO. Mr. Douche bag lost his U.S. citizenship the moment he and his douche bag of a brother pledged allegiance to the Islamic terrorists and began plotting their attack. As such the U.S. Constitution no longer applies and he committed an act of war and should be treated as such w/o his former citizenship in the U.S. being taking into consideration.

Well, unless I'm reading that incorrectly, it's saying he loses it after he has been convicted by a court martial or court of competent jurisdiction. You may believe and consider him to have lost it at that moment, but I'm not sure I'd believe that until a court says otherwise. Until then, who the hell knows how this turns out without him having been mirandized.

Looks like they were going to head to Time Square next.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Looks like they were going to head to Time Square next.
    Yep, apparently to detonate 7 more bombs. Fuckers.

One of CLW's heroes coming to the rescue. Wow, the taxpayer paid over 100k in welfare benefits for these douches and will now get hit for years in court/attorney fees.
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...0g_in_benefits
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...der_joins_team

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    One of CLW's heroes coming to the rescue. Wow, the taxpayer paid over 100k in welfare benefits for these douches and will now get hit for years in court/attorney fees.
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...0g_in_benefits
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...der_joins_team
    Yep this is "poverty" in America:

Queer eye for the straight guy look with Obama phone in tote.

Queer eye for the straight guy look with Obama phone in tote.
    That would be a Reagan phone, credit the president that started it all.

Boston PD 3 more suspects arrested in connection with bombing. Islamic Jihadist cell appears more and more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    That would be a Reagan phone, credit the president that started it all.
    That's a fair point (if you consider land line versus cell phones the same) and contrary to MANY conservatives I find a NUMBER of faults with Reagan and his presidency. I disagree with giving people free land lines and I disagree with giving people free cell phones.

I was merely referring to the phone as most of its recipients now refer to it as.

That's a fair point (if you consider land line versus cell phones the same) and contrary to MANY conservatives I find a NUMBER of faults with Reagan and his presidency. I disagree with giving people free land lines and I disagree with giving people free cell phones.

I was merely referring to the phone as most of its recipients now refer to it as.
    Don't be disagreeing with "Captain Fact Check" now

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Makes sense.

This is pretty true

Yeah apparently my jokes/sarcasm re: liberals don't go over well around these parts.
    I really don't care what you say in 99.9% ( and I'm not even a democrat) of your comments but maybe it is a fail on all us regarding your comments in regards to your sarcasm.

Speaking of which didn't you insult/question my intelligence on your reply to me a couple of weeks ago? You sir I think I owe a reply insult!!!