Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 10 - Anyone still playing?

• Facebook
  • Display

Question NCAA Basketball 10 - Anyone still playing?

I'm curious if anyone is still playing NCAA Basketball 10? I know the game didn't get great reviews and sales weren't great but I personally love the game. I find the fun factor and the amazing presentation along with a very rich dynasty mode has made this one of my top five favourite PS3 games. I haven't played it in awhile with Football 11 but this is definitely a game that will stay in my rotation into the distant future.

Will anyone be working on ROSTERS for the upcoming season?

I'll probably be playing once the season kicks in. Will be looking for updated rosters too.

I had it for a short time but traded it in. I'm more of a NBA fan than college basketball. Solid game though.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    So I started messing around with NCAA Basketball 10 because I'm getting bored of football and stuff right now and I was playing a dynasty where I was going to start out with a crappy team and build my way up (ala 2k8) and I started with Wagner (one of the worst teams on the game). In the first game, about halfway through the first half, it stopped letting me sub people in and never would again. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to sub anyone in so I got fed up and quit the game because I was getting blown out because I couldn't get anyone in the game any rest.

Is this a common bug in the game? Any way around it? Pretty much gamebreaking for anyone that actually wants to play 20 minute halves with a shitty team...

NCAA 10 was a solid title. Shame that we won't have a 2K or EA college hoops title for 11. However, I thought I read/saw somewhere that someone was putting out a college basketball game this year. Not sure if it is licensed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    So I started messing around with NCAA Basketball 10 because I'm getting bored of football and stuff right now and I was playing a dynasty where I was going to start out with a crappy team and build my way up (ala 2k8) and I started with Wagner (one of the worst teams on the game). In the first game, about halfway through the first half, it stopped letting me sub people in and never would again. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to sub anyone in so I got fed up and quit the game because I was getting blown out because I couldn't get anyone in the game any rest.

Is this a common bug in the game? Any way around it? Pretty much gamebreaking for anyone that actually wants to play 20 minute halves with a shitty team...
    Never heard of that. SO was quick subs and the start menu subs both out of commission??? That must be a glitch of some sort. Hopefully it
    s only for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Never heard of that. SO was quick subs and the start menu subs both out of commission??? That must be a glitch of some sort. Hopefully it
    s only for that game.
    I haven't tried another game yet in that dynasty, but it was all different sub in/out abilities. I did have auto sub off (which I regretted) so that may have been an issue but I was subbing in and out just fine and then all of a sudden, it stopped working.

I was in the mood last night so I gave NCAA Football 11 a break and popped NCAA Basketball 10 into the PS3. I started my third season with Arizona State (currently ranked #6) and travelled to Michigan St (ranked #12 and the 7th toughest place to play). I walked away with a 69-54 victory. Boy oh boy were my skills rusty. After last night I think I am going to give football a rest for a week or so and work on taking home the N/C in bball.

Observations:

1. Plain and simple, the game is just FUN
    2. Presentation is awesome... I can only imagine how good it COULD have been had they made 11
    3. Running offenses is a thing of beauty (L1 sake of ease is great)
    4. After not playing for close to a year, defense assist saved my butt last night
    5. Players subs is easy and efficient
    6. For a video game, the stadiums and crowds are pretty decent

Pet peeves: aka~ I forgot about...

1. cpu doesn't call timeouts when thery should
    2. post game passing out is non-existent
    3. Fouls.... feel free to call them refs

P.S. It appears the game no longer has access to updated plays, etc in dynasty hub so I guess that feature has been disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'll probably be playing once the season kicks in. Will be looking for updated rosters too.
    This is still the case for me. CDJ & I have had some epic battles online with this game, I might even look to pick it up for 360.

Yeah I really enjoyed 10. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to do rosters for the 10-11 season. Thankfully, I found a decent 2K8 set. The graphics and in game presentation isn't as good but IMO the gameplay and depth of dynasty are enough to keep me satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah I really enjoyed 10. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to do rosters for the 10-11 season. Thankfully, I found a decent 2K8 set. The graphics and in game presentation isn't as good but IMO the gameplay and depth of dynasty are enough to keep me satisfied.
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone at OS does.

I hope so. I hate trying to play a game in 2k8 whereas at least 2010 is fun to play a game in even if WVU is always severely underrated.

I just got it today (Buy 2, get 1 free at GameStop). I played one game so far and HOLY CRAP is the presentation off the chain. I don't know if CBS does all the play now games or not but the presentation is REALLY sweet. I can't play the game for crap and I don't really understand what button does what and so forth but after 1 game, color me impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I just got it today (Buy 2, get 1 free at GameStop). I played one game so far and HOLY CRAP is the presentation off the chain. I don't know if CBS does all the play now games or not but the presentation is REALLY sweet. I can't play the game for crap and I don't really understand what button does what and so forth but after 1 game, color me impressed.
    Yeah the key thing with NCAA BB 10 is you have to run your offense to be successful, you can't just freestyle it to score all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

Has there been updated rosters yet?

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I kinda wish there were more than 1 person working on each of the conferences... Always severe biases when that happens...

I have found that All Conference sliders seem to play the most realistic for me. Currently I am getting readt for conference play and it has been tough thus far. What I love about this game is that it is just so unpredicatable.

I was thinking of picking up a basketball game like Live 10 or NBA 2K11 but maybe I'll consider getting this just to make tourny runs. I thought there were freezing issues for the PS3 though? Has EA given up on NCAA basketball completely?