Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Tailgate PS3 OD General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Marlowe I was in another OD game when you sent me the invite. I am free all day tomorrow as long as we start before 3:30pm.
    I couldn't catch up with you then as I was still at work. Did you get my text? I'll be online tomorrow after 4 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Not that you want my opinion but I'll give it anyway. First, MD Anderson has a great reputation. Cancer patients come from all over the country to be treated there. I spent alot of time there in my former profession and dealt with patient families and they all gave huge unsolicited compliments to the hospital even when things didn't turn out the way they hoped (which is when I saw them). Secondly, I've always lived in the suburbs of Houston, but in my experience, the nicest areas to live that are within 20 minutes of MD Anderson and the Texas Medical Center are going to be just to the west. Though there are some decent apartments (if that's what you're looking for) about 5 minutes away near Reliant Stadium. At least that's what comes to mind. Last, there are no shortage of restaurants in the area. It just depends what suits your palette.
    LOL I didn't even notice you were from Houston too.

Yeah we are very excited about MD Andeson/Houston. My wife is finishing up her OBGYN residency at Brown and wanted badly to do a fellowship in Gyn Onc. She interviewed at like 25 different programs all around the country. In gyn onc, MD Anderson is either the #1 or #2 program in the entire country (depending on who you ask). Combine that with the fact that we both wanted to get back to either the south or midwest (I'm originally from KY and my wife is originally from Southern Illinois) and it was a no brainer to rank them 1st and thankfully she matched at MD Anderson.

We haven't really decided on renting/buying. Housing prices are WAY BETTER in Houston than they are up here in New England. We have money saved up but the fellowship is only a 4 year program so we have some reservations about buying and then possibly having to sell in 4 years. Even if we were to stay in Houston at the end of the fellowship I'm not sure we would want to live in/near the city. I've always been more of a suburbs guy myself and just from reading it sounds like the Sugarland area would be a really nice place to live. However, we cannot rent buy that far out due to her contract. So unless we just find some "steal" we will most likely rent.

As far as food goes, we really enjoy just about anythign (other than sushi). I'm a big fan of steak houses and my wife is big on tex mex (which again you cannot get up in New England). We also enjoy Italian and Seafood.

Yeah, Sugarland is a nice place to live. But since it's too far, you can try to rent a place in West University, which is actually it's own city so it won't show up under Houston apts. It's an area around Rice University. You might also want to try Bellaire. Or towards the Galleria area.

Marlowe I work from 3-10pm central tonight. But I can play after.

EA servers down apparently...

Good game Escobar. #1 Texas goes down.

The week has been advanced!

Only steelerfan and Kingpin have games. The rest of us just need to recruit. We'll advance on Wednesday or as soon as everyone is done. If you have time remaining on recruiting, let me know so I can count you as Ready as the game won't show it that way.

Finished recruiting. (I believe I set ready to advance) But I figured I'd post here just in case.

I'll get to this as soon as I get home today. Didn't realize we were in a new week already.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 10-25-2010 at 12:31 PM.

I should get my game in later today.

I'll recruit today.

The week is advanced. EVERYONE has recruiting only, next week are the conference championships.

Ready to Advance.

I'm ready to advance, still have 4 hrs left on recruiting which I don't need.

I'm ready also.

Looks like CLW is the only one left and then we can advance!

The Week has been advanced.

Conference Championship Week:
    Alabama (JB) vs. Florida (CLW)
    Texas A&M (Escobar) vs. Missouri
    Miami (ryby) vs. Florida State

Good luck!

Lets go Florida!

Hey JB let me know when you are free to play. I am generally available M-F after 7 p.m. EST and anytime on Sat or Sun. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Hey JB let me know when you are free to play. I am generally available M-F after 7 p.m. EST and anytime on Sat or Sun. Thanks!
    Sent you a message on AIM, if you're on tonight, just shoot me a message. Else tomorrow looks good all night for me.