Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does the Purple Diamond mean in Recruiting?

• Facebook
  • Display

What does the Purple Diamond mean in Recruiting?

In recruiting in Off Season theres a 5* MLB with a Purple Diamond by his name, what the hell does that mean?

I may be wrong, but I believe that means the player wasn't interested in your program before but is now suddenly in your Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe that means the player wasn't interested in your program before but is now suddenly in your Top 10.
    \

When i looked at more info it showed i wasnt in his top 10, but i added him to my board just for kicks and giggles

Talk to him, you might be in for a surprise

I would love to see the list of symbols again... I forgot most of them from last year (as in what they mean) aka open lock???

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Talk to him, you might be in for a surprise
    That sounds creepy

I think the diamond means "Diamond in the Rough", but I have wondered what all the symbols meant.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That sounds creepy
    "I'm Chris Hanson with Dateline NBC...." :eek:

Here's a link to a blog on recruiting on NCAA Football 10 I put together last year that talks about the icons.

Pink Diamond: This icon indicates that a four or five star recruit has a hidden interest in your school. Once placed on your Recruiting Board, you will be listed between 7th and 10th on their list. They will need to be recruited normally from there on out in order to sign them.

These may seem like stupid questions but I don't follow college FBall much and I didn't do a full OD last year so I'm not sure how scholarships work?

It says you have 25 right? Is that each yearly or total?

In your article (link above) it said, "Basically, heavy recruiting of one position in a certain class leads to a waste of scholarships and reduces the number of players that can be signed in future years until they graduate, leading to weaknesses your roster and depth chart. "

Does that mean once you offer a scholarship to them they hold that one scholarship until they graduate?

Wouldn't you get another 25 scholarships when next season started?

Also if you give someone a scholarship can you drop them from the team and get that scholarship back?

Also in that article it said, "Open Padlock: Each week, three players on your Recruiting Board will have two random pitches unlocked without needing to spend any time chatting with them."

and

"x2 (Double Points): Three players on your Recruiting Board will receive double the recruiting points when targeting pitches. For example, if focusing on a Hard Sell would normally provide a +13 boost will now give +26. The x2 also applies within Competitive Recruiting."

Are these still in NCAA 11 and where can i see this so I know what players recieved these bonuses for that week?

First off, there's no such thing as stupid questions. It's better to ask than to wonder & never know!

You get 25 scholarships a year to use to offer & sign players. However, you can only have 70 players on your roster. While you can target 35 players each year, you can only sign 25 - and over a four year period only keep 70% of each class, provided you sign all 25.

IMO, a lot of gamers only target around 20 players each year (keying on their needs first) so they can give each more time and focus when recruiting. That me be paramount in landing great classes this year.

If you have more than 70 players on the roster, you can cut players at the end of each recruiting season.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    First off, there's no such thing as stupid questions. It's better to ask than to wonder & never know!

You get 25 scholarships a year to use to offer & sign players. However, you can only have 70 players on your roster. While you can target 35 players each year, you can only sign 25 - and over a four year period only keep 70% of each class, provided you sign all 25.
    So if I signed 18 people and gave 15 of them scholarships and went into next season I'de have a full 25 more scholarships to do my recruiting with or would I be without those 15 scholarships? leaving me with 10 scholarships to work with...

Basically you can have 70 players on roster but how many of those 70 can have scholarships?
    IMO, a lot of gamers only target around 20 players each year (keying on their needs first) so they can give each more time and focus when recruiting. That me be paramount in landing great classes this year.
    I have 35/35 but a lot of the times I don't call any of them past 20... just there to fill my board and if a guy in my top 20 is looking to get away from me I'll decide whether or not to remove him depending on how those guys from 20-35 are, if I'm low, mid, or high on their list.

And yeah about the random topic unlocks and X2, you know if they are still in and how I tell which prospects have the bonuses during a week?

It's 25 scholarships each year, no matter what. If you sign the max every year, you will have to cut players once recruiting is over with. If you sign only 10-12 each year (a low number), the computer will automatically put (lowly rated) walk-ons on your roster to fill it up.

The unlocks are still in. You will see the padlock & X2s when you are calling recruits, in the upper left - to the right of their faces. I rarely add top recruits unless I am in their top 3-5, so I've never seen this pink diamond everyone is talking about.

It's 25 scholarships each year, no matter what. If you sign the max every year, you will have to cut players once recruiting is over with. If you sign only 10-12 each year (a low number), the computer will automatically put (lowly rated) walk-ons on your roster to fill it up.

The unlocks are still in. You will see the padlock & X2s when you are calling recruits, in the upper left - to the right of their faces. I rarely add top recruits unless I am in their top 3-5, so I've never seen this pink diamond everyone is talking about.
    So the Random topic unlocks and X2's are in? Damn... I haven't even been taking advantage of these...

Just so I get this straight...

Is the only way of telling if that player has that bonus (topic unlock or x2) for that specific week is to call them Or can you press (Y) for More Info and see the indicator by their face before you call them?

Also would it be smarter then to not put a full 35 recruits on your recruiting board? Because then the 10-20 or so players you want to get would have a higher chance of getting the random x2 more often rather then someone say like the guy you got placed at 31 on your list getting the X2 randomally though you don't even call that person, he's just there to fill the board.

Also on that thought...

Do recruits like you more as long as they're on your list? Cuz if I took most my 20-30 players off my recruiting board, even though I'm not calling them every week, would I drop on their interest if I wasn't on their list, like lose points? Or is the only way you drop if a school behind you is actively recruiting them and is gaining points to pass you?

A lot of questions for one post but I hope to get this thing figured out so I can master my craft at recruiting.
    Last edited by Cipher 8; 07-21-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Yeah I had an advisor x2 call in my 360 dyansty....netted 790 points and I was already leading for this 5* OLB, and now I have a lead of 600 on #2

I don't think you get the X2 anymore... I just went and made a quick dynasty and advanced to do my recruiting to test it out and see what the indicators looked like. I saw the lock logo twice but I never saw the x2...

Now it said in your article, ""x2 (Double Points): Three players on your Recruiting Board will receive double the recruiting points when targeting pitches. For example, if focusing on a Hard Sell would normally provide a +13 boost will now give +26. The x2 also applies within Competitive Recruiting."

That implies every week three players receive this bonus right? So 3 players should have the little x2 logo.

It's not a rare thing where it doesn't happen every week, only some weeks right?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I had an advisor x2 call in my 360 dyansty....netted 790 points and I was already leading for this 5* OLB, and now I have a lead of 600 on #2
    That advisor thing is for purchase right? That works for all your online and offline dynasties right... not just one.

Can a commish set some settings to off so that and the other helper things can't be used...? Sorta seems like a big advantage when they tell you when and what people are susceptable to big calls or instant signs...

I'll have to purchase that I guess but I'de like to run one with everything even too so I hope a commish can set them to off.

Yeah I've ran some tests and only had 6 recruits on my board and one week I didn't have any X2's or any lock logo's either...

So are you sure you get 3 every week or is a rare occurance when these things happen?

No there is a random time where a recruit from your entire board has a X2 ... when you make the pitch the double bonus is called an "advisor bonus" it's completely random, but it's not one of the Time Savers. I believe it is just one recruit from your board per week.