Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy and Jaymo's Madden CCM experience

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I threw 4 INTs and had two fumbles and was trailing the Jets 32-13 in the 4th quarter. A crazy comeback win though at 36-32. Knocked Sanchez out with a broken jaw and Tebow did nothing in his place. I almost lost three straight and would have been 3-4. Instead both myself and the Jets are tied for first at 4-3.

Some things certainly seem harder lately and I wonder if Madden's goofy slider/difficulty rules (if user slider totals are under 300 it switches to All-Madden from All-Pro allegedly) have an effect. Even though I didn't change my sliders at all my second last game tweeted I lost on All-Madden. My EA connection dropped out during my game so I couldn't tell what it would tweet even though my settings still say All-Pro.
    Based on reading your posts it sure seems like there must have been a change in the last patch and/or a subtle tuner update. Cake walking the season before at 16-0 and going on to win the SB and now sitting at 3-4 (almost 2-5) and seeing your offense struggle just doesn't sound like the way Madden plays at all. I know for a fact that historically when I have played Madden I dominate on ALL PRO and I get my butt handed to me on ALL Madden. Often when something has been tweaked via patch and/or tuner update I notice a difference right away in how the game plays.

Just read an interesting tweet from Mr. LOOMAN. Apparently PREDICTABILITY TRAIT refers to whether or not a player will retire out of the blue. If a player is unpredictable there is no rhyme or reason to retirement. If however they are predictable they will retire at the "usual" time for that type of player.

Saw this on youtube today. I had a good laugh. I hope the physics have been tightened up since then.

I don't think I've seen any hits like that myself. I really do like the Infinity engine after the third patch. It's good IMO. Not perfect but a definite improvement over the early release.

And I am 4-3 right now. Could have been 3-4 if I didn't have that comeback.

Rudy, out of curiosity what are Kirk Cousins ratings for madden? If I do get this game Christmas or after, it may be interesting to try and pick him up.

I will check it out tomorrow. I'll try and see what he's rated I'm my franchise too.

Cousins is only rated a 72, that's third string in overall as Rex Grossman is 75 while RG3 is an 89. Bonus 95 thp, 88 acc, 89 short, 88 med, 87 deep. Cousins is 84 power, 82 acc, 89, 78 and 63. Bob has 68 awareness, Kirk 56 and Rex 75.

Over 700,000 leagues created now. In my CCM the Redskins only have two QBs on roster. Bon andKirk. Bob is 86 (early roster file) and Kirk is 68. The accuracy ratings are similar. Their overall depth chart looks good tho. No major problems at all and they look like a good team. My only issue is only carrying 2 QBs but some teams try that once in awhile.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-12-2012 at 04:41 AM.

I just got destroyed by the 49ers on the road 37-3. I didn't play a good game but for the second time in my franchise the game's difficulty jumped to All-Madden (I know this because it tweeted I lost on All-Madden on my twitter option). It happened to me in the playoffs of year one and now in my third year it jumped again. I knew there was an issue when my WRs started dropping a ton of balls. I only had 11 completions on the game but 9 dropped balls. Never converted a third down.

The game has a very stupid difficulty/slider combination. You start on a default difficulty but as soon as you touch the sliders it turns to custom. Then if you tweak the sliders too much in certain directions it will secretly jump to a different difficulty. It's been posted on OS before that if you start on All-Madden but your user sliders add up to 300 or more collectively it will drop to All-Pro. Also, if any slider is more than 75 it drops to All-Pro. There are some other stupid things that affect stuff too. Very annoyed. I saved my game as I figured it was payback for going perfect last year but I hope I get it back. I know my sliders on All-Pro are tougher than default but my user sliders total over 300. The cpu is over 800 so maybe that's a problem. Don't know.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    What an utter pound of shit that is. Talk about fuckin' stupid.

I don't know how you guys put up with shit like that anymore.

i just toggled the difficulty between settings and put it back to All-Pro and it stuck now. Didn't help me as I lost to Houston 35-18. They kicked a FG as time expired too when they didn't even have to snap the ball. Second time I've seen this. Pricks.

Ryan Tannehill has been horrid this year for me. I'm 4-5 now (still tied for first in the AFC East) and Tannehill is completing only 49% of his passes with 22 INTs! I think part of the problem is I've boosted the speed threshold as I'm trying to reduce the impact of speed RBs over power backs. Lamar Miller is fast but he shouldn't be averaging more than 2 yards a carry more than Daniel Thomas (who I do use for short yardage). He just turns the corner a little too easy and that is partially EA's fault for not shifting to protect the edge on strong formations. But it appears the higher speed threshold might be making the coverage better, even on slower WRs. Not sure but I can't figure out why I'm so horrible passing this year. I did tweak the sliders to make it a bit harder but nothing that should make this happen. I'm going to test the reverse pass reaction slider method to see if I can loosen some things up a little.

NDomakung Suh got a 6 year, $54 million dollar extension. There was one other decent re-signing. Can't remember.

Well I have decided to quit playing on All-Pro and jump to All-Madden and into tweaking sliders all over again. I just can't get the cpu QBs on All-Pro to be good enough. They are just too stupid - even the great ones. I play against Aaron Rodgers and he struggles to get the ball into the end zone. On All-Madden he can tear me up.

EA needs to add a QB awareness slider so a guy like me can stay on All-Pro where I belong but the cpu QBs aren't brain dead or playing like they have been concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Saw this on youtube today. I had a good laugh. I hope the physics have been tightened up since then.

LMFAO at video 1!!!

Well I have decided to quit playing on All-Pro and jump to All-Madden and into tweaking sliders all over again. I just can't get the cpu QBs on All-Pro to be good enough. They are just too stupid - even the great ones. I play against Aaron Rodgers and he struggles to get the ball into the end zone. On All-Madden he can tear me up.

EA needs to add a QB awareness slider so a guy like me can stay on All-Pro where I belong but the cpu QBs aren't brain dead or playing like they have been concussed.
    So you are going to make the switch to all madden eh? From playing the demo on ALL MADDEN and ALL PRO the cpu is just so much better than me on ALL MADDEN. It at times feels like the cpu is blatantly cheating (aka converting on 3rd and 19 by running a screen and having the cpu hold all my players but not get a flag, etc.). The one area though that I most struggle with on ALL MADDEN is passing. It seems like the cpu mimics your routes to perfection. I suspect you will need some major slider focus there as well as Dline penetration. Good luck buddy! I look forward to hearing how it's going.

Trust me. I am concerned about all madden but after a couple exhibition games and big tweaks I am going to try it out tomorrow morning in franchise.

For the most part the CPU QBs have always been a lot smarter on the highest level. My issue is the bad ones are still too smart while on all-pro the best ones are too dumb. My general rule of thumb when level jumping is the blocking sliders are juiced about 50 points in favour of the CPU. The other sliders are 10 to 25 in favour of them. I take my all-pro sliders, apply those rules and get a base set for All-madden to tweak from.

My current sets are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mdiNVpMTDlVS2c
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-15-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Trust me. I am concerned about all madden but after a couple exhibition games and big tweaks I am going to try it out tomorrow morning in franchise.

For the most part the CPU QBs have always been a lot smarter on the highest level. My issue is the bad ones are still too smart while on all-pro the best ones are too dumb. My general rule of thumb when level jumping is the blocking sliders are juiced about 50 points in favour of the CPU. The other sliders are 10 to 25 in favour of them. I take my all-pro sliders, apply those rules and get a base set for All-madden to tweak from.

My current sets are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mdiNVpMTDlVS2c

Rudy, it's interesting to see how extreme the differences are in your sliders from ALL PRO to MADDEN, especially the cpu QB. I find the cpu accuracy for the QB on all Madden is just insane.

I was reading at OS about a guy who was fired from one team for not making the playoffs. He was then hired by the Cardinals and in four years has not made the playoffs. He expects tob e fired because his expectations are to win the SB??????? I just don't get that at all. I guess the more you play, regardless of record the higher your expectations are. Rudy with your record this season it will be interesting to see how the Dolphins management responds.

The goal for me is to make the playoffs. I'm 6-5 right now and I'd like to think I have some stored up good will for last season. It would be ludicrous to fire me if I didn't make the playoffs. Good think my entire division sucks right now.

The reason the sliders look so different is that I have to keep my user sliders under 300 total so I have to drop both sides of blocking and some goofy things just to adhere to EA's Madden slider rules which don't make sense. If I'm on All-Madden just leave it there no matter what I do with the sliders. I wish they would change this.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-17-2012 at 05:41 AM.

I just killed the Arizona Cardinals 51-3 on All-Madden. I guess I went too far with the pass reaction slider after the cpu QBs were tearing me apart in exhibition. The Cardinals were a decent team too. Andy Reid is the coach, Matt Ryan the QB, Knowshon Moreno and Peyton Hillis the RBs, Fitz is still there and the TEs are former Dolphins in Fasano and the current rookie (3rd year in game) Michael Egnew. I had Egnew as my third string TE and they offered me a pick and I dealt him away last year I think. I love my receiving TEs but he couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag. I can live with some missed blocks but not like that. He's a run game killer.

Anyways it seems to me that the cpu QBs are far more effective throwing against zone on All-Madden than All-Pro. I found myself running zone mainly on All-Pro with man mixed in. On All-Madden zone seems to get shredded a lot easier. But I was running man a lot this game and the pass reaction slider is no doubt reversed. I had it at 0 for me (to give me good coverage) and 100 for them to make them lousy. Well my WRs were beating their CBs far too easily on outs and comebacks as a result. Conversely my CBs were blanketing their WRs when I called man. Matt Ryan was awful as a result throwing three picks and never getting anything going. Making some tweaks and will continue.

I am 7-5 now and take on the 7-5 Jets next game.

Skip Bayless is prick. Sean Smith breaks his collarbone and he doesn't care lol.

Last edited by Rudy; 12-17-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Well I beat the Jets 42-10. This is crap. The sliders don't seem to be working the same in CCM as they do in exhibition. Patch #3 was supposed to fix that but I think I may have a problem with violating the 75 rule in the sliders. For All-Madden the total USER slider total must be under 300. Any individual category has to be capped at 75 but I also think any of the 4 subcategories (User passing, user rushing, user pass defense, user rush defense) must total to a max number of 75. My user passing violated that so I will see if I fix this area and hope the cpu gets good again.