Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Rudy and Jaymo's Madden CCM experience

• Facebook
  • Display
    Final score, Raiders 38 Saints 16. Freeman was 20-27 for 260 yards and 3tds. Brees was 24-37 for 353 yards 2tds and one int. The Saints out gained me in yardage 380 to 368. Even though the stats were close the game wasn't very exciting. Senat had 172 yards in returns and one td to go along with his two catches.

Next up is a road date with the 1-1 Chargers.

Played my first game in a bit and the lowly Vikings gave me everything I could handle. Had to come from behind to beat them 42-35. AP was a beast in the first half with 139 yards rushing. I did a good job on him in the second half as he finished with 184.

I've been trying to get in a game for the past week but just can't find the time. Maybe tonight?

I fired up an NBA season with the Pistons in NBA 2K13. Not sure if I will be spending much more time with my Dolphins. I expect to get into a baseball game after Tomb Raider in a month as well. The one thing I do know is I would have played a lot more games of Madden if I had in-game saves. It's so nice to be able to fire up a basketball season/dynasty game and not worry about not having enough time. I just save if my kids wake up early or if I only have a half an hour to play. EA needs to add this for both football games badly.

I did manage to get a game in tonight and I blew out the Chargers 42-21. I had 491 yards and Freeman led the way going 17-24 for 339 yards and 4 tds. McFadden chipped in for 19 carries for 108 yards. However, McFadden still doesn't have a rushing td this year. With Freeman I have become more of a pass happy offense... that sounds weird...

I just played the game of my career. We routed Andy Reid, Tony Romo and the Denver Broncos 63-14. In addition, McFadden smashed the single game rushing record with 320 yards and 4 td's!!! This was a prime- time game and the biggest blow out I have had in Madden in a long, long time. Josh Freeman had a perfect qb rating with a 158.3 passer rating.

I got in a game tonight playing my arch rival, the Chiefs. We won 24-10 in a pretty ugly game. My D saved me with four pics. Freeman had 105 yards passing and McFadden was avg. only rushing for 139 yards. Interestingly enough, I saw illegal touching called on the Chiefs... first time ever on ps3!!!

My goal is to finish off one more season before March 5th (simcity releases). I am now 5-0. It will be tough to get the full season in but I am going to try.

I'm playing Live 10 (actually prefer it over any NBA 2K game, sold my 2K13) and Show 12 right now. I will be getting Tomb Raider March 5th and then will go back to baseball gaming although I may just stick with Show 12. My Madden gaming is done for awhile although I could see the draft and free agency bringing it back a little with updated rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm playing Live 10 (actually prefer it over any NBA 2K game, sold my 2K13) and Show 12 right now. I will be getting Tomb Raider March 5th and then will go back to baseball gaming although I may just stick with Show 12. My Madden gaming is done for awhile although I could see the draft and free agency bringing it back a little with updated rosters.
    Yeah, once my SimCity drops I will pretty much be done until at least the summer. I have totally got my money out of Madden though and am looking forward to seeing what will be done with Madden 14(25?!?).

Yup. I definitely got my monies worth. Part of me doesn't want to play anymore so I'm not burnt out for next year. I really hope the foot planting and player momentum is fixed next. They said they would definitely work on it and since NHL got that stuff this year I think Madden will have it. Maybe NCAA will get it the following year.

All this talk of Madden 25 made me fire up Madden 13 today for three CCM games.

Game 1: Raiders 42 Denver 7
    Game 2: Raiders 28 San Diego 14
    Game 3: Raiders 24 @ Pittsburgh 21

That brings me up to 9-0 on the season and first place overall (atl is 8-1 on the NFC). I really want to finish this season before madden 25 drops. Madden 13 is a good game. It's just too bad that all the little things were not addressed (eg. no position changes, no transaction log, formation subs, schemes, etc.).

Blasted through the season this week. I ended the regular season 14-2. Game 1 in the divisional round is vs Denver. I blew Denver out in both meetings this year. This game was a lot closer than it looked as I beat Denver 33-10. Next up I have to play Pittsburgh in the Conference Championship. Alas that is for another night...

At the end of the day the biggest problem with M25 among all their issues is that the game was too easy. It was too easy to run the ball no matter what sliders you used and the cpu passing game was too ineffective. You never feared the great QBs. The M25 demo has me concerned this may also be the case. I think the cpu passing game will be better and getting a coverage slider will help.

What has happened to the All-Madden difficultly level the last couple years? It used to be that most guys didn't like playing on All-Madden. If I ever played All-Madden default I got my ass kicked 5 years ago. It's become so watered down that I beat the cpu now regularly on All-Madden. It's almost the same challenge of All-Pro from 5 years ago.

At the end of the day the biggest problem with M25 among all their issues is that the game was too easy. It was too easy to run the ball no matter what sliders you used and the cpu passing game was too ineffective. You never feared the great QBs. The M25 demo has me concerned this may also be the case. I think the cpu passing game will be better and getting a coverage slider will help.

What has happened to the All-Madden difficultly level the last couple years? It used to be that most guys didn't like playing on All-Madden. If I ever played All-Madden default I got my ass kicked 5 years ago. It's become so watered down that I beat the cpu now regularly on All-Madden. It's almost the same challenge of All-Pro from 5 years ago.
    Yeah I agree. My biggest concern with Madden 25 retails is that it will still be too easy to win. In all honesty my Raiders should be no better than 7-9 (or 8-8 in bizarre world) and that would be an excellent season for this team. However, I will bet dollars to donuts that I will go 11-5 or better.

Are you still 100% buying Rudy? From some of your comments it seems as though you have some big concerns. Personally I am on the fence as I really want to see what PS4 has to offer. Right now I am leaning to not purchasing right away and maybe doing what I did last year... Christmas/boxing day purchase. Season ticket will go a long way in helping me decide. P.S. If you have any questions once I download on Friday feel free to fire them off.

I have pre-ordered the game at $40 and it was part of a 5 game sale that I can't cancel. I'm still getting it as I think it will be better even if it has flaws. New Dolphin unis too.

I am annoyed with the sliders and how easy it is to run but I was able to overlook a lot last year. Hopefully they tone down user running in day 1 patch (if there is one).

I have pre-ordered the game at $40 and it was part of a 5 game sale that I can't cancel. I'm still getting it as I think it will be better even if it has flaws. New Dolphin unis too.

I am annoyed with the sliders and how easy it is to run but I was able to overlook a lot last year. Hopefully they tone down user running in day 1 patch (if there is one).
    Yeah there is a day one patch for PS3 to address the disappearing players issue.

I really hope some of the wonky CCM (now CFM) decisions are fixed for 25. I just beat Pittsburgh 34-17 in the conference final. The Steelers had a strong season going 11-5 and easily winning the AFC North. However, immediately following the game the entie Steelers coaching staff was fired. Twitter then goes on to say that the Steelers took a chance with this coaching staff but it just didn't pay off... um... okay...???...

Anyways, I'm off to the SB to take on Vikings. Another thing to add... bring back detailed history of each team Madden 25!!!

Playing in back-to-back SB's I didn't realise EA created separate patches for each Superbowl. Very nice!

Lost the SuperBowl 32-29. Not to sound bitter but honestly the cpu decided I was going to lose. I had 14 dropped passes!!! In addition Tavaris Jackson was 22-26 for 321 yards... seriously...??? My favourite moment though was Janikowski making a field goal and the ball bouncing off the net and going back out... he missed... what??? The replay shows him making it...

Josh Freeman who has a 69.7% avg throughout the season passed at 33% for the game. Davone Bess who was on a hot streak had zero catches and 8 drops...

I don't mind losing but I hate when it's pre-determined!

Anyways, on to the offseason... I was offered and accepted a contract extension. I'm not sure if this is the end of Madden 13 for me or not, depending on whether I buy Madden 25 right away. However, I have had a great career thus far.

wins 43
    losses 13
    Super Bowls 1
    Super Bowl losses 1
    playoff wins 6
    playoff losses 2
    pro bowl players 13
    coach of the year 2

legacy score 803 (26th overall)