Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: You Gotta Hear This (Music Thread)

• Facebook
  • Display

Great, great song.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

Just re-discovered this band and the fact it has Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) is just plain awesome.

Anyone know why this won't play?
    Because the person that uploaded it to Youtube turned off the ability to embed it into forums and other websites, forcing you to go to youtube to watch it.

Hey Deuce, was reading the STP page on Wiki today...more to see the sales figures for the new album, but read that Scott wanted to axe Peacoat from the album, but the DeLeo's talked him out of it because of how money he was vocally on the song. DUDE that would have sucked to never hear Peacoat.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hey Deuce, was reading the STP page on Wiki today...more to see the sales figures for the new album, but read that Scott wanted to axe Peacoat from the album, but the DeLeo's talked him out of it because of how money he was vocally on the song. DUDE that would have sucked to never hear Peacoat.
    No kidding! That would have sucked. Makes me wonder what other gems didn't make the album? ...maybe we'll get a b-side ep or something!

Duece,

Alright Man I pretty much listen to anything, its something about vinyl that makes me appreciate the music more, I can spend HOURS in the record store flipping through vinyl and before I know it I have spent $100 on $2.00 records.

I think my favorite vinyls that I own are Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsies, and Electric Ladyland and anything I have by Santana, I am starting to truly appreicate though some PInk Floyd albums , I have a Ray Charles Live Album that I play alot.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Duece,

Alright Man I pretty much listen to anything, its something about vinyl that makes me appreciate the music more, I can spend HOURS in the record store flipping through vinyl and before I know it I have spent $100 on $2.00 records.

I think my favorite vinyls that I own are Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsies, and Electric Ladyland and anything I have by Santana, I am starting to truly appreicate though some PInk Floyd albums , I have a Ray Charles Live Album that I play alot.
    Bingo! I try to explain that to other people but they just don't get it. Its hard to explain. There's a 'warmth' that comes with vinyl that you just don't get with digital. Sitting around, drinking cold beers, and listening to vinyl is one of my favorite activities.

We have several "Half Priced Books" stores here in the DFW area and they sell older used vinyl. You can really find tons of gems in these stores. A lot of stuff you mention. I was never a Dire Straits fan but after listening to them on vinyl I was a changed man. If you don't have any Dire you should check them out. Their albums are made for vinyl. Another thing thats pretty cool about vinyl these days is that most bands put a coupon for a free download of the album in each record. So I can buy the record and still be able to put it on my Ipod.

...and not to mention a lot of vinyl goes up in value!

Drinking cold beers doing anything other than work makes it my favorite activity at least at the moment it does.

I went to the used record shop today and bought about 6 new (old) Lp's mostly 70's soul albums a couple of Live albums, my wife got an ABBA album and I picked up about my 6th Bob Marley album...lol, spent a total of 10.00 god I love shopping for records, will probably do the same tomorrow going to a better store thats just farther away from my house and I didn't really feel like driving to it

Drinking cold beers doing anything other than work makes it my favorite activity at least at the moment it does.
    ...Good point!

One of my friends and I are going vinyl shopping this Friday. After several years I've finally convinced him to get into vinyl. So I'm taking him to get some records and a turntable.

How much does a turntable typically cost? I have a few records at home that my mom gave me, but I don't have a turntable to play them.

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/87061
    This is a good starter turntable...

Best Buy actually carries some turntables and also a few records. I think the ones I've seen at Best Buy are around $100-$150. I would start with Ebay though.

I would start with Ebay though.
    Absolutely.

There's no freakin' way I'd pay $150 to play substandard forms of music. Jesus christ...

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Absolutely.

There's no freakin' way I'd pay $150 to play substandard forms of music. Jesus christ...
    Wrong...you obviously have never listened to vinyl.

LOL, I think I paid around 100.0 or really close to it for my turntable, but the pricing on a turntable is relative, if you are ONLY going to play those couple of albums your mom has then a cheap one might do you justice but if you are going to actually listen to alot of music then a higher price one might be in order. Me personally I wouldnt pay more than 150.0 for one, I have mine hooked up to my home theater surround sound (of course changing the audio type) and it sounds awesome.

Wrong...you obviously have never listened to vinyl.
    No. I have listened to vinyl. Lots of it (my mom had a HUGE collection of them).

They are substandard because they sound absolutely no different than a CD or any other music ripped at 320kbps but are EXTREMELY fragile. The slightest scratch causes an entire song not play right and god forbid you get a vertical scratch.

LOL, I think I paid around 100.0 or really close to it for my turntable, but the pricing on a turntable is relative, if you are ONLY going to play those couple of albums your mom has then a cheap one might do you justice but if you are going to actually listen to alot of music then a higher price one might be in order. Me personally I wouldnt pay more than 150.0 for one, I have mine hooked up to my home theater surround sound (of course changing the audio type) and it sounds awesome.
    Hopefully when I graduate I can start up a collection of albums.

Got the new Drake album on release last week. It is pretty good, it takes a few listens in order to get into it I think because it's different. Does kinda remind me a lot of Kid Cudi's album.

Yeah Drake's new album is great, I'll buy a copy of it when I get paid. Its a great first CD for him.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No. I have listened to vinyl. Lots of it (my mom had a HUGE collection of them).

They are substandard because they sound absolutely no different than a CD or any other music ripped at 320kbps but are EXTREMELY fragile. The slightest scratch causes an entire song not play right and god forbid you get a vertical scratch.
    Nope. Still wrong.

I dunno about the extreme fragile part but i get your point. I guess if you are still 10 and just leave things laying all over the place then they might not be for you.

If you haven't heard Eminem's new album all I have to say is LISTEN TO IT. ASAP.

But one of my favorites is this one.

Last edited by Flav; 06-21-2010 at 10:33 AM.